Super is ending!?! (No, it's not)

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Super is ending!?! (No, it's not)

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:50 pm

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000113 ... l/75951754

I dont know how legit this is but wtf. I dont know whether to feel sad, in the middle, hyped fro the future, or what
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: Super is ending!?!

Post by Miracles » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Things gotta get confirmed first.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:55 pm

I wouldn't mind if it ended after this arc, but I am pretty sure they'll continue the story after Z. Perhaps they'll just change the name from ''Super'' to something else. They are making too much money to just let it go.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 pm

IM21 wrote:I wouldn't mind if it ended after this arc, but I am pretty sure they'll continue the story after Z. Perhaps they'll just change the name from ''Super'' to something else. They are making too much money to just let it go.
Dragon Ball SuperZ (actually wound’t have a problem with that)
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:03 pm

Herms is in the middle of investigating the legitimacy of this. I'd wait until he's finished.

Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:10 pm

All things come to an end. :wave:

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:13 pm

MaskedRider wrote:All things come to an end. :wave:
Except the complaints. Complaints never end. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Ah yes, GameFAQs, the most reliable source of information.

I believe Herms already said they have no proof to back up their claim, which comes as no surprise, and apparently there was a video already posted where this information was supposedly gotten from and it mentions nothing about Super ending or anything about March.

EDIT: Multiple comments on the video in spanish saying that the video says nothing about the series ending.
Last edited by Asura on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:14 pm

Chuquita wrote:Herms is in the middle of investigating the legitimacy of this. I'd wait until he's finished.

That's what's up.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:39 pm

Miracles wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Herms is in the middle of investigating the legitimacy of this. I'd wait until he's finished.

That's what's up.
Cool

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:44 pm

There's no way Toei is going to end Super anytime soon, it's a huge cash cow for them.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:44 am

Asura wrote:EDIT: Multiple comments on the video in spanish saying that the video says nothing about the series ending.
The interviewer asked when it'll end and they said we'll have to wait and see, they asked if he knew how long it could last or how many episodes and they said the same thing. There's 0 about it ending now.

The only thing is that he said they'll have to wait for Toriyama before they know how it'll end so we know super will last as long as he's involved.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:26 am

Most likely "Super" is ending, but the next Dragonball series called, "Dragonball: The Next Generation" will start the following week.

We'll finally move into EOZ with Trunks, Goten, Pan, Uub, etc as the new stars. It's about time.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:45 am

Lmao if you want to kill the franchise that is.

Except Trunks, nobody cares about the rest of new genetation characters. This isn't Boruto where the overpowered daddy has an excuse to not do anything and end conflicts in 5 seconds.

It's either Goku or nothing.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:14 am

precita wrote:Most likely "Super" is ending, but the next Dragonball series called, "Dragonball: The Next Generation" will start the following week.

We'll finally move into EOZ with Trunks, Goten, Pan, Uub, etc as the new stars. It's about time.
And then it'll end the following week after that because no one wants to see a series with Trunks, Goten, Pan, and Uub as the main characters.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:19 am

Asura wrote:And then it'll end the following week after that because no one wants to see a series with Trunks, Goten, Pan, and Uub as the main characters.
It won't even get to that as whoever brings it up will be fired and told to go back to business school.

Kastex
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kastex » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:22 am

Competent Opinion

i think it would kinda make sense if the series ended after this arc. most things they could do to produce a sense of progression would come off as ridiculous. for example, in dragon ball z we started off with the saiyans, then moved on to frieza, the androids, etc. in dragon ball super, they are already more or less at the top, and this arc is laying all cards out on the table. any future arcs would be best spent focusing more equally on other characters, and their interactions with each other in day to day life (there will still be fighting, of course).

i think it would be okay for the series to end after this arc, as long as we get Dragon Ball Super KAI after. they did a lot of stupid stuff during the series, and things they could have done a lot better. dragon ball super kai will address all of those things. i suppose it doesn't necessarily have to follow the manga more than the current series as long as they can do better.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:41 am

Kastex wrote:I think it would kinda make sense if the series ended after this arc. most things they could do to produce a sense of progression would come off as ridiculous.

I think it would be okay for the series to end after this arc, as long as we get Dragon Ball Super KAI after.
There are still 4 universes we didn't see so there's another tournament that could make up for the mess they made of this one. We could also get a Sadal arc with a main villain as its been brought up more than once.

That would work under a completely different team and studio but if the same people work on it they'll just make the same mistakes or replace the current ones with different ones. The production will also be a mess so why bother ? they should (and will) just make a new series instead. The only reason we got Kai is because they couldn't get Toriyama on board for something new which isn't an issue now.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:03 am

precita wrote:Most likely "Super" is ending, but the next Dragonball series called, "Dragonball: The Next Generation" will start the following week.

Wouldn't mind this, though Goku, Vegeta, etc. Don't really need to disappear or anything, just have the big bad in newer arcs have powerful lackeys that require teaming up to defeat, and/or army's like in RoF. While Goku/Vegeta are dealing with the big bad, and possibly have some new gen character help somehow.

Also the "source" said nothing about Super ending, so I'm calling bs regardless.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:17 am

I wish, but they don't have the balls to do something like that. Hell, modern Toriyama doesn't even have the balls let anyone besides Goku and Vegeta fight most of the lackeys, let alone be the main focus. Also wouldn't even let Vegeta kill Frieza. Even if they go beyond EoZ, Goku will still be miles ahead of everyone and boringly sweeping up enemies. This is the fatal flaw of modern Dragon Ball.