In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by BlueVegerot » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:25 am

I want to see him win the Super Dragon Balls and get his wish fulfilled. Bringing back all the erased universes would be so predictable and boring

User avatar
RedHeat
Regular
Posts: 650
Joined: Fri May 05, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by RedHeat » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:22 am

He deserves nothing less than: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkJvASnvdOU
Feels over Reals.

User avatar
dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:08 pm
Location: Spain

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:07 pm

Freeza wins the super Dragon balls and wish to have two wishes more.Then he wishes that his third wish is fullfilled whenever he wants after dragon is gone (being that third wish anything he decides to wish for except for having more wishes). Then he's revived and he goes to the edge to the universe to train and make his scheming. Goku and co would probably want to revive the erased universe so Freeza helps them to earn their trust. Once everyone's back, Freeza starts creating a Team with Frost (after convincing him ) and other mortals to defeat the gods. The Gods of destruction would not be any threat as Freeza could manipulate them by the fact that he could wish for anything at any time (like killing/erasing them) one of Freeza's team member would kill a kaioshin to destroy the god of destruction and after that Freeza would try to become the new Hakaishin. After that he would earn Zeno's trust to be close to him, close enough to kill him, Then he would wish to be seen as the new omni King to finally rule over everything and everyone.
And the gods of destruction would be gone because Freeza's team killed them. So there's no one that could be pose a threat, no one except for a mortal called SON GOKU!!!!
Too stupid, too much? Idk but it would be pretty cool.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:


dbgtFO wrote:

User avatar
hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Knocking out the remaining U6 Saiyans in glorious fashion. Nothing else matters after that.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by lancerman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:55 am

Kataphrut wrote:In my wildest dreams, it's something like an Emperor Joker story where he gains unlimited power and just goes crazy.

He feels so untouchable right now, but at the same time it's hard to imagine him actually getting away with his plan when there are so many people more powerful than him hanging around. I just want to see where it goes, when he'll finally take a fall.
Exactly. An Emperor Joker type story for Freeza would be the best way to follow up this arc. Just have Goku and Jiren fight and Goku finally overwhelms him with ultra instinct and knocks him out with some help from Freeza with several seconds to go in the tournament and Goku's about to be MVP because he had the most eliminations. Then a hole blows in Gokus stomach and it's revealed Freeza used the ki he gave Goku as a weapon from the inside. Then Freeza wishes to be omnipotent.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4514
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Michsi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:18 am

I've said this before, and I know I'm in the minority here, but I really hope he sticks around. He doesn't become a good guy, but is just forced to cooperate for some reason. He parks his tail at Bulma's house, (because of course he wouldn't settle for anything less than the biggest house on the planet) and proceeds to turn Vegeta's life into hell.

Kinokima
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1813
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Kinokima » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:34 am

Michsi wrote:I've said this before, and I know I'm in the minority here, but I really hope he sticks around. He doesn't become a good guy, but is just forced to cooperate for some reason. He parks his tail at Bulma's house, (because of course he wouldn't settle for anything less than the biggest house on the planet) and proceeds to turn Vegeta's life into hell.

He’d be scared out of his mind of Bulma like every other alien ends up being :lol:

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4514
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Michsi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:53 am

Kinokima wrote:
Michsi wrote:I've said this before, and I know I'm in the minority here, but I really hope he sticks around. He doesn't become a good guy, but is just forced to cooperate for some reason. He parks his tail at Bulma's house, (because of course he wouldn't settle for anything less than the biggest house on the planet) and proceeds to turn Vegeta's life into hell.

He’d be scared out of his mind of Bulma like every other alien ends up being :lol:
Better yet, they end up getting along. Both tycoons with similar tastes in wine become snarky bffs. Vegeta has a mental breakdown.

Kinokima
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1813
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Kinokima » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:07 am

Michsi wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
Michsi wrote:I've said this before, and I know I'm in the minority here, but I really hope he sticks around. He doesn't become a good guy, but is just forced to cooperate for some reason. He parks his tail at Bulma's house, (because of course he wouldn't settle for anything less than the biggest house on the planet) and proceeds to turn Vegeta's life into hell.

He’d be scared out of his mind of Bulma like every other alien ends up being :lol:
Better yet, they end up getting along. Both tycoons with similar tastes in wine become snarky bffs. Vegeta has a mental breakdown.

Lol Stop being so mean to Poor Vegeta

On another note wonder why this arc has barely had any Vegeta/Freeza interaction. They have just as much history if not more so than Goku/Freeza but the story seems to be ignoring that.

Though I can’t see Vegeta willingly working together with Freeza. Still Id like some interaction writers please. I thought there would be some interaction in 112 but nope!

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4514
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Michsi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:28 am

Kinokima wrote: On another note wonder why this arc has barely had any Vegeta/Freeza interaction. They have just as much history if not more so than Goku/Freeza but the story seems to be ignoring that.

Though I can’t see Vegeta willingly working together with Freeza. Still Id like some interaction writers please. I thought there would be some interaction in 112 but nope!
It's one the my pet peeves of this arc, that we don't see them interact almost at all. I guess that the Goku/Freeza dynamic is easier to handle because of Goku's easy going nature and Freeza's smarminess, whereas Vegeta seems ready to fly off the handle simply for being near Freeza, but I'd still rather see them forced to work together. Vegeta should have way more history with Freeza than with any other person he has ever met.
Not to mention that I suspect they retconed Freeza being the sole culprit behind planed Vegeta's destruction specifically to help smooth things over between them a little.

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:44 am

I want him to win, get a wish from the super dragon balls and stand at the top of mountain again leading to the next arc, but I doubt we'd get something tasty like that so I'm fine with Freeza laying waste to some saiyans, specifically Cauli and Kale if they defuse, if not then Kafla, but add in some torture and humiliation!

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4514
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Michsi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:50 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I want him to win, get a wish from the super dragon balls and stand at the top of mountain again leading to the next arc, but I doubt we'd get something tasty like that so I'm fine with Freeza laying waste to some saiyans, specifically Cauli and Kale if they defuse, if not then Kafla, but add in some torture and humiliation!

Jeeeez, joke or not, this is starting to get creepy. Just how far can character dislike go? I used to think Chichi got the worst of the fandom hate.

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:56 am

Michsi wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I want him to win, get a wish from the super dragon balls and stand at the top of mountain again leading to the next arc, but I doubt we'd get something tasty like that so I'm fine with Freeza laying waste to some saiyans, specifically Cauli and Kale if they defuse, if not then Kafla, but add in some torture and humiliation!

Jeeeez, joke or not, this is starting to get creepy. Just how far can character dislike go? I used to think Chichi got the worst of the fandom hate.
I dont need to explain myself on why I want this to happen but its not because of simply hating them, there are a lot of reasons to why I want it to happen, why the hell do people get so damn sensitive when it comes to those 2.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4514
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Michsi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:06 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Michsi wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I want him to win, get a wish from the super dragon balls and stand at the top of mountain again leading to the next arc, but I doubt we'd get something tasty like that so I'm fine with Freeza laying waste to some saiyans, specifically Cauli and Kale if they defuse, if not then Kafla, but add in some torture and humiliation!

Jeeeez, joke or not, this is starting to get creepy. Just how far can character dislike go? I used to think Chichi got the worst of the fandom hate.
I dont need to explain myself on why I want this to happen but its not because of simply hating them, there are a lot of reasons to why I want it to happen, why the hell do people get so damn sensitive when it comes to those 2.
Because the level vitriol directed at them seems down right concerning. I mean, it's not like they're killing puppies. I'm not particularly fond of them either, and I do like Freeza more, but I still wouldn't care to see that scenario play out.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not for policing anyone's tastes, people should be free to like and hate characters for whatever reason they want, but still - humiliation and torture seems a bit much :wtf: And this wasn't necessarily directed at you, more like the attitude I general.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:15 am

Michsi wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
Michsi wrote:

Jeeeez, joke or not, this is starting to get creepy. Just how far can character dislike go? I used to think Chichi got the worst of the fandom hate.
I dont need to explain myself on why I want this to happen but its not because of simply hating them, there are a lot of reasons to why I want it to happen, why the hell do people get so damn sensitive when it comes to those 2.
Because the level vitriol directed at them seems down right concerning. I mean, it's not like they're killing puppies. I'm not particularly fond of them either, and I do like Freeza more, but I still wouldn't care to see that scenario play out.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not for policing anyone's tastes, people should be free to like and hate characters for whatever reason they want, but still - humiliation and torture seems a bit much :wtf: And this wasn't necessarily directed at you, more like the attitude I general.
It is all the screen time and power ups they get so they want them gone and people like Frieza torturing Saiyans so Frirza torturing them fits very well.

User avatar
SansrivaaL
I Live Here
Posts: 3757
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:29 pm
Location: Earth

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:38 am

Michsi wrote: Because the level vitriol directed at them seems down right concerning. I mean, it's not like they're killing puppies. I'm not particularly fond of them either, and I do like Freeza more, but I still wouldn't care to see that scenario play out.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not for policing anyone's tastes, people should be free to like and hate characters for whatever reason they want, but still - humiliation and torture seems a bit much :wtf: And this wasn't necessarily directed at you, more like the attitude I general.
What is there to be concerned about wanting to see some torture and humiliation in a fictional show thats done it before to its main cast including Goku,Roshi,Krillin,chiaotzu,Piccolo,Gohan,Vegeta,Yamcha,Tien,Freeza,Cell,Mr.Satan,Videl,Boo,Kai's and even civilians, the list goes on, what is the big deal? why do people need to come out and address those people having a different taste than theirs when it comes to watching a fictional show?
You dont want to see that, fine, but some, including myself do, I dont know why Cauli and Kale's defenders need to call people out saying that us thinking this way is creepy, I want to see Freeza do his thing because its entertaining. Its like people are saying I'm a sick creepy bastard for playing GTA,CoD because I enjoy killing human comps and shit, what is with the sensitivity issue thats been going on around this place? its like you cant say anything anymore without someone coming at you, but keh, my fault, I am in a forum full of different people.

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4514
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Michsi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:53 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Michsi wrote: Because the level vitriol directed at them seems down right concerning. I mean, it's not like they're killing puppies. I'm not particularly fond of them either, and I do like Freeza more, but I still wouldn't care to see that scenario play out.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not for policing anyone's tastes, people should be free to like and hate characters for whatever reason they want, but still - humiliation and torture seems a bit much :wtf: And this wasn't necessarily directed at you, more like the attitude I general.
What is there to be concerned about wanting to see some torture and humiliation in a fictional show thats done it before to its main cast including Goku,Roshi,Krillin,chiaotzu,Piccolo,Gohan,Vegeta,Yamcha,Tien,Freeza,Cell,Mr.Satan,Videl,Boo,Kai's and even civilians, the list goes on, what is the big deal? why do people need to come out and address those people having a different taste than theirs when it comes to watching a fictional show?
You dont want to see that, fine, but some, including myself do, I dont know why Cauli and Kale's defenders need to call people out saying that us thinking this way is creepy, I want to see Freeza do his thing because its entertaining. Its like people are saying I'm a sick creepy bastard for playing GTA,CoD because I enjoy killing human comps and shit, what is with the sensitivity issue thats been going on around this place? its like you cant say anything anymore without someone coming at you, but keh, my fault, I am in a forum full of different people.
It's not the torture bit, since I am not skittish when it comes to fictional violence, and I do long for darker tones in DBS. It's the schadenfreude there that seems undeserved. Again, not directed to you in particular, but to the accumulated hatred at large.
Not calling out or judging anyone specifically, btw. Sorry if I made it seem that way.

User avatar
OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 207
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm
Location: SA

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by OverHeaven » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:05 am

I just don’t want them to trash him again. Since this arc started, I almost forgot that Frieza became a joke and I don’t want that to return. Whatever the outcome is. Just don’t make him look pathetic again praying for his life to be saved or something while screaming like an idiot. I’d feel like all this build up and character development was for nothing if that happens. If he will die again, at least let him die like a badass.

User avatar
Duo
I Live Here
Posts: 3213
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:14 pm
Location: West Michigan
Contact:

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Duo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:32 am

I've been wrestling with this question quite a bit, because there doesn't seem to be a very satisfying way to take things with him before long. He could:

A) Get his wish(es) and become the next big villain. Redundant.

B) Get quietly sent back to hell after the tournament. Disappointing.

C) Get revived for good and coexist with the Dragon Team. Unrealistic.

D) Get recruited and elevated to being a God of Destruction, but I really don't see him going along with that either.

I don't know what I want to see happen. He might be my favorite character in this arc so far, though. Almost every moment he gets on screen is brilliant. It still tickles me to no end that Freeza-sama himself lent his ki to a Genki-dama.
Ajay is a skank

Kinokima
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1813
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Kinokima » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:46 am

Duo wrote:I've been wrestling with this question quite a bit, because there doesn't seem to be a very satisfying way to take things with him before long. He could:

A) Get his wish(es) and become the next big villain. Redundant.

B) Get quietly sent back to hell after the tournament. Disappointing.

C) Get revived for good and coexist with the Dragon Team. Unrealistic.

D) Get recruited and elevated to being a God of Destruction, but I really don't see him going along with that either.

I don't know what I want to see happen. He might be my favorite character in this arc so far, though. Almost every moment he gets on screen is brilliant. It still tickles me to no end that Freeza-sama himself lent his ki to a Genki-dama.

I agree honestly I really can't think of a satisfying conclusion. I do really like him in this arc. Strangely more so than I ever liked him in Z (or in ROF). I like that he is cunning and hasn't put out all his cards on the table. He's more Iago than just an overly powerful villain which is typical of Z. And Freeza definitely did not show all this cunning in DBZ lol.

But if Freeza's plan is evil I don't exactly want him to win. I mean what would be the point of that? And do I really want to see Freeza as the big bad again? Well sorry but not really.

At the same time if they are going to eventually redeem him I think he needs to really earn that (like Vegeta did). I don't want him just to be good now either. Now when we listen to what he said about the Gods it is pretty clear Freeza definitely is not close to having a change of heart. When he helps Goku or Gohan its because its advantageous to him and his ultimate goal. But if that goal fails again (which I don't see how it won't) then what?

I mean I see a lot of people saying they want Freeza to get his wish but that isn't the type of story Dragon Ball is at all. Why should Freeza be rewarded for being evil? That's not going to happen and it would actually be bad writing. Not to mention having him as the villain again for a 3rd time would just be totally redundant.

So yeah while I like Freeza's characterization in this arc I have some major issues how they are going to use him from now on and I am still not convinced that bringing him back was a good idea.

Post Reply