In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 400
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:40 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I want him to win, get a wish from the super dragon balls and stand at the top of mountain again leading to the next arc, but I doubt we'd get something tasty like that so I'm fine with Freeza laying waste to some saiyans, specifically Cauli and Kale if they defuse, if not then Kafla, but add in some torture and humiliation!
Same fam. Fans of those two will get so triggered if he just humiliates them. I'm hoping for the RoF gohan treatment. Just poke holes in them

User avatar
Duo
I Live Here
Posts: 3213
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:14 pm
Location: West Michigan
Contact:

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Duo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Kinokima wrote:Lots of words
I wish I could reply properly in kind, but there's little I can really add to that. You get it. Great post.
Ajay is a skank

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5470
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by precita » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Freeza has been acting too chummy with Goku lately, it makes me sick to my stomach. Every time of Freeza acting good makes me feel like dying, or going into a coma. Please let's have less of that in the future, I don't want to have a mental breakdown.

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Cetra » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:53 pm

He should have his good moments where he does something of what he planned and fails - like trying to be the villain once more and being killed by the main villain of the next arc. Goku Black would at least have been fitting from a visual aspect for that.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:41 am

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Freezerbaby » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:47 pm

Freeza and a worn out jiren are the last one standing in the tournament, everyone thinks he stands no chance again the monster, then he uses his trump card and goes golden freeza 100 % full power, defeats Jiren and wins the tournament, wishes to be the next zeno and right away arranges for the next tournament involving universes 1,5,8,12,7,11,6, three fighters per universe, starting the next arc.

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Kinokima » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:57 pm

Freezerbaby wrote:Freeza and a worn out jiren are the last one standing in the tournament, everyone thinks he stands no chance again the monster, then he uses his trump card and goes golden freeza 100 % full power, defeats Jiren and wins the tournament, wishes to be the next zeno and right away arranges for the next tournament involving universes 1,5,8,12,7,11,6, three fighters per universe, starting the next arc.
Another tournament would be my absolute worst nightmare! I am already tired of this one.

But that would be just the thing an evil Freeza would do to me. Lol

User avatar
Asura
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1919
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Asura » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:36 am

Kinokima wrote:
Freezerbaby wrote:Freeza and a worn out jiren are the last one standing in the tournament, everyone thinks he stands no chance again the monster, then he uses his trump card and goes golden freeza 100 % full power, defeats Jiren and wins the tournament, wishes to be the next zeno and right away arranges for the next tournament involving universes 1,5,8,12,7,11,6, three fighters per universe, starting the next arc.
Another tournament would be my absolute worst nightmare! I am already tired of this one.

But that would be just the thing an evil Freeza would do to me. Lol

Two tournament arcs back to back? Truly the most diabolical scheme Freeza could ever come up with.

User avatar
TekTheNinja
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:36 pm
Location: The realm of annoyance.

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:55 am

Cetra wrote:He should have his good moments where he does something of what he planned and fails - like trying to be the villain once more and being killed by the main villain of the next arc. Goku Black would at least have been fitting from a visual aspect for that.
Yo, him dying to the next main antagonist would be pretty damn cool actually.
-A bitter fan of the human characters of Dragon Ball.
Chris Sabat wrote:#YamchaForever
saiyanvegetable wrote:Trunks slowly realizes this is not the past he came to when he fought Cell, instead he finds himself trapped in a world with hollow caricatures, a talking cat, and a Goku who beat the heart virus but is suffering from retardation.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 305
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:05 am

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Nero<>Akira » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:27 pm

These are the choices Toriyama has at his disposal given what's been shown:
1. Freeza loses his cool in the tournament and tries to go against a GOD, Angel, or Zeno & gets erased. Likely.
2. Freeza helps Goku fight Jiren at the end and they succeed. He backstabs Goku and rings him out, but there is no one besides him in the ring. Leading him to get the Super Dragon Balls and wishes to reign above the Gods but will get erased the moment they hear his wish. Highly Likely.
3. Same as #2, but succeeds before Zeno or anyone succeeds in stopping him. Less Likely, but that doesn't mean he will kill everyone just because. He isn't an idiot who wants to rule NOBODY.
4. Same as #2, but Freeza simply asks for his revival and goes on to rebuild his empire. Less likely because he's specifically stated to want to reign above the Gods.
5. If Vegeta is the last one standing, Freeza will try to backstab him, but will get mollywhopped by Vegeta. He don't play that shit. He got the slip on him once, it won't happen again. very unlikely.
6. Freeza & Goku will have a final confrontation. The end all be all confrontation for them. Freeza or Goku ask Zeno for the chance to get healed in order to fight at full power despite it be a fight between the same universe. Who knows how likely. Not very.

Freeza is not going to get redeemed and he will most likely outlast this arc some way, shape, or form. He's the character that has been taken great care of. Like really taken care of. I don't think I've ever seen a character written like current Freeza in DB handled with such care. There hasn't been a single flib or inconsistency with his character since his reintroduction. Maybe AT will do something completely different from what I've listed, but I just don't see other options given the story and how it's been presented.
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

User avatar
larzooma
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by larzooma » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:57 am

My current idea for Frieza's progression in the tournament involves a fight with Dyspo, which he outright dominates in his Golden form. As is Frieza's way, he tortures Dyspo until he falls off the stage, but unfortunately, Jiren's still waiting back on Goku vs Kefla. He sees what Frieza did to his friend, and with a slight release of anger, smashes him all the way back to his cocoon. There's really not that many characters left with the strength to outright beat Frieza. I actually think he's going to be the next to go after 18. I used to think Toppo would challenge him after watching him cause so much suffering before eliminating other fighters, which would lead to Frieza working Toppo. Watching Frieza's power, Jiren would step in and defeat him with relative ease, which would shock Goku given Frieza's one of the fighters Goku respects in terms of power and ability beyond almost anyone else. None of that happened though, but we still have a JUSTICE warrior in the mix. At first I thought Dyspo's speed may cause Frieza a little trouble, but he has this amazing ability to work through almost any ability and nullify it's effectiveness. He is a fighting prodigy without equal, which is why Goku secretly wants to keep him around. He knows with enough effort and minimal time, he'd be able to grow to a level on par with Jiren. I don't even think he respects Vegeta on that level.

User avatar
mahakaishin1991
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1658
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:32 am

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:05 am

Jiren approaches him, Fieza tries to talk his way out of it. Dyspo uses his max speed to kidney shot him from behind, crippling him long enough for toppo to do his choke move on him and throw him out of the arena. Frieza is in the stands.

Frieza tries to make his wish to be the god above all from the stands by interupting the wish moment. He is then trapped by the Daikaishin in a bubble where he is erased and recreated over and over till the end of time

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by IndieBooToo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Nero<>Akira wrote:These are the choices Toriyama has at his disposal given what's been shown:
1. Freeza loses his cool in the tournament and tries to go against a GOD, Angel, or Zeno & gets erased. Likely.
2. Freeza helps Goku fight Jiren at the end and they succeed. He backstabs Goku and rings him out, but there is no one besides him in the ring. Leading him to get the Super Dragon Balls and wishes to reign above the Gods but will get erased the moment they hear his wish. Highly Likely.
3. Same as #2, but succeeds before Zeno or anyone succeeds in stopping him. Less Likely, but that doesn't mean he will kill everyone just because. He isn't an idiot who wants to rule NOBODY.
4. Same as #2, but Freeza simply asks for his revival and goes on to rebuild his empire. Less likely because he's specifically stated to want to reign above the Gods.
5. If Vegeta is the last one standing, Freeza will try to backstab him, but will get mollywhopped by Vegeta. He don't play that shit. He got the slip on him once, it won't happen again. very unlikely.
6. Freeza & Goku will have a final confrontation. The end all be all confrontation for them. Freeza or Goku ask Zeno for the chance to get healed in order to fight at full power despite it be a fight between the same universe. Who knows how likely. Not very.

Freeza is not going to get redeemed and he will most likely outlast this arc some way, shape, or form. He's the character that has been taken great care of. Like really taken care of. I don't think I've ever seen a character written like current Freeza in DB handled with such care. There hasn't been a single flib or inconsistency with his character since his reintroduction. Maybe AT will do something completely different from what I've listed, but I just don't see other options given the story and how it's been presented.
Lol Vegeta won't do shit to Freeza unless he wants to be killed by him a third time.

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by IndieBooToo » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:38 pm

larzooma wrote:My current idea for Frieza's progression in the tournament involves a fight with Dyspo, which he outright dominates in his Golden form. As is Frieza's way, he tortures Dyspo until he falls off the stage, but unfortunately, Jiren's still waiting back on Goku vs Kefla. He sees what Frieza did to his friend, and with a slight release of anger, smashes him all the way back to his cocoon. There's really not that many characters left with the strength to outright beat Frieza. I actually think he's going to be the next to go after 18. I used to think Toppo would challenge him after watching him cause so much suffering before eliminating other fighters, which would lead to Frieza working Toppo. Watching Frieza's power, Jiren would step in and defeat him with relative ease, which would shock Goku given Frieza's one of the fighters Goku respects in terms of power and ability beyond almost anyone else. None of that happened though, but we still have a JUSTICE warrior in the mix. At first I thought Dyspo's speed may cause Frieza a little trouble, but he has this amazing ability to work through almost any ability and nullify it's effectiveness. He is a fighting prodigy without equal, which is why Goku secretly wants to keep him around. He knows with enough effort and minimal time, he'd be able to grow to a level on par with Jiren. I don't even think he respects Vegeta on that level.
You're delusional if you think Freeza isn't staying until the end lmao

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13293
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:40 pm

I'd like to see him win the Tournament of Power and replace the Zen-Ou while also unleashing the Destruction Gods on the universes to cause humiliation and suffering.
She/Her | Bisexual | Fujoshi | Twitter: JulieYBM

Zephyr
I Live Here
Posts: 3563
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Zephyr » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:41 pm

I at least want him to survive and reproduce. His daughter needs to be the next Dragon Ball protagonist after Goku retires.

User avatar
larzooma
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 149
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:22 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by larzooma » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:24 pm

IndieBooToo wrote:
larzooma wrote:My current idea for Frieza's progression in the tournament involves a fight with Dyspo, which he outright dominates in his Golden form. As is Frieza's way, he tortures Dyspo until he falls off the stage, but unfortunately, Jiren's still waiting back on Goku vs Kefla. He sees what Frieza did to his friend, and with a slight release of anger, smashes him all the way back to his cocoon. There's really not that many characters left with the strength to outright beat Frieza. I actually think he's going to be the next to go after 18. I used to think Toppo would challenge him after watching him cause so much suffering before eliminating other fighters, which would lead to Frieza working Toppo. Watching Frieza's power, Jiren would step in and defeat him with relative ease, which would shock Goku given Frieza's one of the fighters Goku respects in terms of power and ability beyond almost anyone else. None of that happened though, but we still have a JUSTICE warrior in the mix. At first I thought Dyspo's speed may cause Frieza a little trouble, but he has this amazing ability to work through almost any ability and nullify it's effectiveness. He is a fighting prodigy without equal, which is why Goku secretly wants to keep him around. He knows with enough effort and minimal time, he'd be able to grow to a level on par with Jiren. I don't even think he respects Vegeta on that level.
You're delusional if you think Freeza isn't staying until the end lmao
I really don't see a reason to think it's inevitable he'll last that long. As of now, I don't think he's going anywhere when the ToP ends, and given the levels we're seeing from Jiren, UI Goku, and Kefla, he's close to useless in a fight. Unless they introduce the insects soon, finally stick together that U3 bucket of bolts, and possibly unleash Ribriannes poweful form, I can't see many people left able to challenge him other than Toppo or Dysop.

User avatar
Basaku
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1775
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:00 pm
Location: Planet of the Apes

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by Basaku » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 pm

Figuring out a way to outdo/outsmart/control/kill/manipulate/get-rid-of Zeno in some form or fashion. It's still villany, it's cunning, it's fitting for Freeza but doesn't automatically have to lead to actually achieving it himself and becoming the Big Bad Final Boss again (which would be redundant, we've seen him in that role too many times). Let him achieve something while others use it later on to 'win' the arc.

Plus, I don't see anyone else doing anything to actually solve the Zeno issue so... Can't believe I'm rooting for Freeza...

User avatar
shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by shadowmaria » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:09 pm

Just before he gets his wish to be brought back forever, his time expires due to his power output (see: Super Saiyan 3 Goku) and he returns to Otherworld

User avatar
GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular
Posts: 520
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:01 am

Freeza ultimately revealing his true plan/intentions and the Vegeta shows up behind him. Vegeta blasts him away, finally giving Vegeta the satisfaction of killing the evil tyrant. Then we cut to Freeza cursing the cute things.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Re: In your eyes, what is a satisfying conclusion for Freeza in this arc?

Post by IndieBooToo » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:04 am

shadowmaria wrote:Just before he gets his wish to be brought back forever, his time expires due to his power output (see: Super Saiyan 3 Goku) and he returns to Otherworld
You're delusional if you think this will happen

Post Reply