Should Vegetto Return?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBalllKaiHD
I Live Here

Should Vegetto Return?

Post by DragonBalllKaiHD » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:57 pm

It'd be nice if he comes back. It would be a good opportunity for the gods to be shocked at Vegetto's overwhelming powers as a SSj Blue. It would give Jiren a really tough fight. Do you think he should be back?
Last edited by DragonBalllKaiHD on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katsuyoshi Nakatsuru's #1 biggest fan

A piece of animation is a beauty of art.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: Should Vegetto Return?

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:10 pm

DragonBalllKaiHD wrote:It'd be nice if he comes back. It would be a good opportunity for the gods to be shocked at Vegetto's overwhelming powers as a SSj Blue. It would give Jimenez a really tough fight. Do you think he should be back?
No.

In the past arc we got two potara fusions. One in the current, and possibly a second (fourth). Let it end.

Just for reference.
Z: introduces the concept of fusions on Namek as being unique to Namekians while also hinting at a further type.
This one is more like absorption.
Then Cell absorbs people biologically.
Then we have Gotenks through fusion dance.
The introduction of the Potara in the Buu saga.
And buus ability to split and absorb.

Basically if we are going to do a bunch of fusions. Make them original and unique rather than rehashes over and over again. No more Potara fusions.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:13 pm

No. He had his second chance to appear and gave us Final Kamehameha, there's nothing more Vegetto can offer. Unless he appears as a Super Saiyan God or if he appears with another clothes, but I doubt it's going to happen, specially the latter.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:15 pm

We already had enough fanservice. Vegito should stay dead for rest of Super.
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Of course, I wanna see more of my favorite fusion kicking ass and taking names. But if we don't see him, it would be interesting to see Gokhan appear.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:44 pm

What about a fusion between gohan and goku with potaras?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:50 pm

The most likely reason for them making him split after a few minutes was to have him show up multiple times without having to go through a lot to split them up.

I think by doing that they runined the special occasion of him showing up that one time against Buu but the damage has already been done and he's most likely going to show up every other arc or so. Goku is fighting a fusion now so for all we know he'll be back within the next few episodes.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:00 pm

Faisal Shourov wrote:We already had enough fanservice. Vegito should stay dead for rest of Super.
Not for the rest of Super.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:16 pm

In the ideal world.

I want Vegetto to return at the very end of the series when both Ultra Instinct Goku and Ultra Instinct Vegeta have individually surpassed all 12 regular Angels. And then when they finally face off against the mighty Grand Priest himself, Goku and Vegeta are unable to beat him and get the living tar beat out of them by the mighty Dai-Shinkan, because well, he IS "The Grand Angel" afterall.

However, Goku and Vegeta put on their Potara Earrings, fusing into Base Vegetto, who immediately turns Ultra Instinct after fusing and now the battle begins.

What happens next?

5 episodes long of UI Vegetto stomping the shit out of Grand Priest in supremely awesome and stylish fashion. The Grand Priest is allowed to use every single trick in the books, and yet absolutely nothing works! UI Vegito dominates him in every conceivable way. Making him look even more helpless and pathetic against Vegito than Buuhan. All the best animators will be on board on these 4 or 5 episodes and UI Vegito gets to dominate him in every possible fighting style.

THAT is TRUE Fanservice!

However, i do not want them to fuse into Vegito until after Goku and Vegeta have actualised all of their potential, and fully completed their evolutions! Goku and Vegeta need to better THEIRSELVES first in UI by surpassing all the 12 regular Angels, before something as awesome as an Ultra Instinct Fusion is allowed to happen between the two.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:27 pm

I honestly wouldn't mind but I don't think he will. Especially given who Vegeta is, Zamasu was one thing, this tournament is not.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:28 pm

I doubt Vegetto will appear in this arc and anytime soon. I think instead of using fusion for Gokuh and Vegeta a lot, they should focus on theirselves as much as possible.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:30 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:In the ideal world.
More like in a badly written fanfiction world.

Great Priest would solo UI Vegetto. He can effortlessly oneshot Whis, who's far above any GoD yet alone UI Goku.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:58 pm

I'd actually prefer a Goku/Vegeta or Goku/Got an fusion dance.

I can imagine Goku with thebtwo of them unable to defeat Jiren. "Gohan....you've seen the way your brother and Trunks fuse right? Do you think you can do it?"

I don't even like Gohan but I'd like to see that.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:33 pm

Xeogran wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:In the ideal world.
More like in a badly written fanfiction world.

Great Priest would solo UI Vegetto. He can effortlessly oneshot Whis, who's far above any GoD yet alone UI Goku.
Clearly you have not read my post dude, i clearly said AFTER Goku and Vegeta have grown so much, after years of training and Vegeta and when Super is nearing it's end, where they have even surpassed the strongest of the regular 12 Angels, then and only then can i definitely see an Ultra Instinct Vegetto being able to defeat the Grand Priest.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:42 am

GP & Zeno need to remain unbeatable. It would be silly from a worldbuilding perspective for mortals who're not in charge of the multiverse exceed the creators. I know it probably happened in loads of fictions, but that doesn't make it any less silly.

Surpassing the GoDs is one thing because they're handpicked. Angels, GP and Zeno are on a whole different scale.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:32 am

I said elsewhere, I don't want him coming back. It's too predictable, and at this stage it would be out of character for Goku and Vegeta to do it. The only fighter that currently justifies Vegetto is Jiren, and that feud is purely between him and Goku. Goku would not want Vegeta to get involved, and Vegeta would refuse if he asked.

Then again, given how long this arc is slated for, and how they seem to be trying to showcase every single form and technique in the tournament, who knows? My hope is given the fact Vegetto appeared last arc, and that Kefla is "representing" Potara Fusion this time around, we won't "need" him to make an appearance. We've hit our quota, so to speak.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:05 am

Nah. Kalfa is stark reminder of how stupidly broken Potara, even with the time limit. Honestly, I want them double down on gimmicks like that.

Super has good thing going for it where skill, strategy and cunning can sometimes makes a huge difference. I want the show to keep doing in that direction and not have to rely on people like Vegetto to bail the cast out of the plot.

But... if fusion must happen, just let it be Gogeta.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:22 am

No.
But there is a good chance it will happen.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:48 am

I want a Goku/Frieza fusion, win the tournament and wish for immortality/fusion become permanent and he will be the villain of the next arc. Then we would have no Goku to save the day and he will actually be the bad guy unlike the Black arc where it was a fake Goku. His goal will be to fight strong people at whatever cost and he will have no problem killing people in his way. This is probably really unlikely though, lol.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:52 am

A Goku/Freeza fusion is still a fake Goku.