Worst possible episode you've seen in Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

keyz05
Beyond Newbie

Worst possible episode you've seen in Super?

Post by keyz05 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:49 am

For this topic, I'm going for the final episode of Ressurection F's retelling saga. It was so bland, cringeworthy, and downright anti-climatic to say the least. Because of some character design errors, lazy writing, and plotholes that other DB YouTubers that I agree on.

Which episode(s) do you think is the worst possible one of all time in your opinion?

sintzu
Banned

Re: Worst possible episode you've seen in Super?

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:07 am

I love that episode, how many episodes do we see Vegeta owning Freeza in ? :mrgreen:

For me it's episode 53 where Goku's acting like a completely brain dead chiled around the Kais.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:30 am

The Tenshinhan recruitment episode no contest. It's a primer on how not to write Roshi. It's that bad.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:45 am

Chuquita wrote:The Tenshinhan recruitment episode no contest. It's a primer on how not to write Roshi. It's that bad.
Either this one or 102, definitely. Probably one of the Copy Vegeta arc episodes is a strong contender too.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:20 am

Chuquita wrote:The Tenshinhan recruitment episode no contest. It's a primer on how not to write Roshi. It's that bad.
This or episode 8, which drives one of the film's best little gags into the ground, for me.

Any of the "copy-Vegeta" arc episodes are strong contenders as well.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:39 am

Either the episode where Piccolo loses to Frost in the Universe 6 tournament or the episode in the Tournament of Power where Tenshinhan pretty much ties with that sniper dude. Both are episodes that claim to showcase the talents of two of my favorite characters for once in the series, but instead make those characters look incompetent and useless, and are sadly probably the most focus this show will ever give them. The Hit vs Jiren episode was a disappointment since Hit underperformed in the ToP, but wasn't as bad as these two because it at least showed Hit to be a good strong competent character who only lost because Jiren is an overpowered pile of garbage.Hit wasn't made a complete fool of.

Most would expect answers like the really bad Resurrection F arc episodes but at least those are tolerable because I can laugh at them. The ones I chose as worst I consider the worst because they make me actually angry at the show and its writers. The Copy Vegeta episodes are awful, but those even somehow manage to make me angry, yet make me laugh at the same time so I don't even consider those as bad as the episodes I hate the most.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:19 am

TekTheNinja wrote:Either the episode where Piccolo loses to Frost in the Universe 6 tournament or the episode in the Tournament of Power where Tenshinhan pretty much ties with that sniper dude. Both are episodes that claim to showcase the talents of two of my favorite characters for once in the series, but instead make those characters look incompetent and useless, and are sadly probably the most focus this show will ever give them. The Hit vs Jiren episode was a disappointment since Hit underperformed in the ToP, but wasn't as bad as these two because it at least showed Hit to be a good strong competent character who only lost because Jiren is an overpowered pile of garbage.Hit wasn't made a complete fool of.

Most would expect answers like the really bad Resurrection F arc episodes but at least those are tolerable because I can laugh at them. The ones I chose as worst I consider the worst because they make me actually angry at the show and its writers. The Copy Vegeta episodes are awful, but those even somehow manage to make me angry, yet make me laugh at the same time so I don't even consider those as bad as the episodes I hate the most.
I can totally get behind the Tien episode, but I'm really not sure why the Piccolo one is up there. Outside of him backing down to Vegeta, I thought he had a relatively good showing that episode by almost winning a fight against an opponent he was told he had no chance against. He forced Frost to cheat to ensure his victory, which is more than I can say for the manga's interpretation of the fight.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:15 am

The worst episode of all Super is episode 30, the re-cap one.
After that there is episode 68 which was funny in some ways but I wouldn't want to rewatch it.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:29 am

The first 2-3 episodes after Zamasu is defeated. It is pretty underwhelming for me.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:52 am

Episode 68, I think, the episode after the Future Trunks Arc where everyone was trying to get a wish from Shenron; it just felt like nothing was happening,
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:55 am

The episode where Goku and Krillin went to that magical forest as part of Roshi's Training. It was an incredibly boring episode imo. It just felt off somehow..

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:53 am

Episode 24 for its bottom tier animation and art, and for its constant cutaway to other characters. Episode 67 is another contender for driving an already declining saga to hell with the awful sky Zamasu, terrible art in its first half, and the odd decision to have Future Trunks and Mai live together with another pair of themselves in some other timeline. Episode 68 due to it being the least funny and meaningful filler.
keyz05 wrote:For this topic, I'm going for the final episode of Ressurection F's retelling saga. It was so bland, cringeworthy, and downright anti-climatic to say the least. Because of some character design errors, lazy writing, and plotholes that other DB YouTubers that I agree on.
Completely the opposite for me. I think that's the best one after a string of bad ones.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

PsionicWarrior

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:00 am

Was kind of expecting an unanimity about #5 but guess we just all forgot lol
sintzu wrote: For me it's episode 53 where Goku's acting like a completely brain dead chiled around the Kais.
Oh yeah agreed that was unbearable lol
Also the fight between Goku and Zamasu was possibly the most ugliest fighting scene ever (if that's in same episode, not sure 100%) lol

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:53 am

PsionicWarrior wrote:Was kind of expecting an unanimity about #5 but guess we just all forgot lol.
I forgot about that, that is the worst episode. Thanks for reminding me. :lol:

Now watch everyone change their episodes to that. :thumbup:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:02 am

Episode 22, the stupid Tagoma episode. It's INCREDIBLY bad. I was expecting something good with Tagoma and Gotenks, but all we got was some stupid gag scene and Ginyu. I love Ginyu, but he completely ruined everything. That was one of two episodes that I legitimately got pissed at.

The other would have to be episode 64, the shadow clone Black episode. The one where Zamasu took 10 years to fly towards Trunks, and for some reason failed to kill Bulma. The one where Trunks used the mafuba, but oh wait we forgot something AGAIN. It was such a clusterfuck that it kind of killed any momentum the arc had going for it. It thankfully had a good ending, or else it would have been my least favorite episode in Super.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular

Post by Beerus-sama » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:05 am

I agree. Aside from all the boring and/or not so good episodes Super has brought, This is the worst.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

MaskedRider
Banned

Post by MaskedRider » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:09 am

Top three are easily
1) Tenshinhan recruitment episode, Roshi is a pervert but this was extreme, Tenshinhan didn't receive any shine, it was more like he was there and we coincidentally are in an environment he has been in
2) Tenshinhan tournament episode, its not the gosh darn Piccolo losing his arms, its how they used Tenshinhan
3) Tagoma and Gotenks, WHY WOULD YOU BRING BACK GINYU, WHY DO YOU HYPE AN UNDERLING LIKE THIS, WHY DO YOU SHOEHORN GOTEN AND TRUNKS IN ONLY FOR IT JUST SO PICCOLO CAN DIE WHEN HE DIDN'T NEED TO
Last edited by MaskedRider on Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:11 am

The Pilaf episode from Beerus' arc.

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:23 am

I dunno, I didn't like the Ribrianne one with so much reused animation for Helles.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:24 pm

In terms of content, Episode 68 is the worst. It's the epitome of an empty episode.

In terms of animation, Episode 24. I mean... fucking hell. That was one ugly ass looking episode from start to finish. Say what you will about Episode 5, but the whole episode didn't look that bad.

In terms of the overall package, Episode 46. I mean, all of the Copy Vegeta arc is quite bad. For a three episode mini-arc, I was shocked at how much of a slog it is to get through. But it's the final episode that really annoyed me with how incredibly anti-climatic it was. It just singledhandedly wasted Goten, Trunks, Jaco and concept of traveling through space and exploring planets just wank off Goku. It left such a sour taste in my mouth. It really did feel like an episode ripped straight out of the Black Star Dragon Ball arc in GT.