So at this point, who the hell is even left for Gohan to have an epic fight against?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: So at this point, who the hell is even left for Gohan to have an epic fight against?

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:15 am

Any character who's still left in the tournament that we haven't seen much from. And at least a dozen fighters fit that criteria.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: So at this point, who the hell is even left for Gohan to have an epic fight against?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:21 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Any character who's still left in the tournament that we haven't seen much from. And at least a dozen fighters fit that criteria.
Who are these dozen fighters?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:28 am

I'm still hoping for Gohan achieving Super Saiyan Rage.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:56 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Any character who's still left in the tournament that we haven't seen much from. And at least a dozen fighters fit that criteria.
Who are these dozen fighters?
- Zarbuto
- Sirloin
- Biara
- Paparoni
- Shantsa
- Gamisaras
- Damon
- Katopesla
- Pancea
- Borareta
- Koitsukai
- Saonel
- Pilina

Most of these characters at best have had thirty seconds of screentime in regards to displaying what they could be capable of. And of the character from that list that have had more screentime beyond thirty seconds, we already have the pre-existing knowledge of their biology (the Universe 6 Namekians) to determine they can still have much more in their lockers to offer or their mechanics could offer a unique shift in the perceptive of the battle (the Universe 3 robots).

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Yeah I still think there is hope for Gohan to get his great fight, it would be a waste if they made him come back for so little :(

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:27 pm

Probably Toppo, Dyspo, Jiren or the U4 bugs. Gohan will do something great, though. I'm 99% sure he will have his shining moment, he's way too popular not to get one - just look at Future Trunks and what he got.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:33 pm

emperior wrote:Probably Toppo, Dyspo, Jiren or the U4 bugs. Gohan will do something great, though. I'm 99% sure he will have his shining moment, he's way too popular not to get one - just look at Future Trunks and what he got.
Future Trunks was also the main character of his arc and the arc was even named after him. Gohan, despite his popularity, hasn't been given a lot of spotlight in Super. The same with Piccolo ranked in the top five. 17 have been treated better he was barely in the top 20 in the 2004 poll.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:42 pm

To the people saying Gohan doesn't need anything else in this tournament because he has that one 5 minute fight with Obuni, a character barely introduced in the same episode he was defeated in, all I can say is really?

Gohan has been rather disappointing in the actual ToP itself. The Obuni fight was cool and Obuni was kinda interesting but we barely even knew him and he wasn't a big player whatsoever. Since then he's looked horrible, having to be babysat by both Piccolo and Freeza like a helpless child. It seems like he's saved Piccolo twice already in the Namekian fight, which makes me think maybe it's foreshadowing Gohan sacrificing himself for Piccolo this time which sounds very disappointing.

There's still Dyspo and the bugs, and who knows maybe Kefla will survive her fight with UI Goku, and an injured Kefla could eventually go up against Gohan after the Namekians, since I'd be rather surprised if Kefla got knocked out before the barely-even-introduced namekians.

In terms of Gohan getting a new form, my bet is on SSJ Rage (that shit better have the bang though) where it's actually properly explained this time by Whis or something after Goku and Vegeta point out it's the same form Trunks used. He did say he wanted to take on a different path than Goku after all, and SSJ Rage is definitely different compared to SSB.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Lionel wrote:I like Kataphrut's idea, even though the prospects of Gohan surviving any length of time against a serious Jiren whose aim is to eliminate as much of Universe 7 as he can get his hands on are small at best. If we're being realistic here he shouldn't last any portion of time against Jiren. Characters with far smaller gaps between themselves have made a mockery of their opponents. Jiren could just throw Gohan out of bounds with a gust of wind generated from his arm like Jackie Chun achieved against Yamcha if Toei was being consistent. Since they're not, Gohan may have a chance, albeit it would be a brutal struggle for survival.

Now in terms of actual earnest fights for which to show off what he's capable of, you run into a problem. Almost every significant player has either been taken or is in reserve for someone else. It's possible we might be presuming some outcomes like Vegeta defeating Toppo. What we know of Toppo is that he appeared to be raring to go against a SSJBKKx10 Goku during the exhibition matches. If Toppo was using his full strength right now then he would be projecting an aura to indicate it, right? I think he might be reserving himself still. Although that begs the question of how Gohan is expected to handle him when he got taken out by SSJBKKx10 Goku himself. Who knows?

The only major player who isn't in a fight at the moment or is expected to fight someone in the near future is Dyspo. Dyspo is the third fiddle of the Pride Troopers so he might seem appropriate for Gohan to a number of fans.
First Goku only kaioken at the end of the fight and before He and Toppo could continue the Grand Priest said stop. But, everything else I agree. I believe that Gohan will face Dsypo and it will his awesome moment in this Tournment of Power.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Asura wrote:
Gohan has been rather disappointing in the actual ToP itself. The Obuni fight was cool and Obuni was kinda interesting but we barely even knew him and he wasn't a big player whatsoever. Since then he's looked horrible, having to be babysat by both Piccolo and Freeza like a helpless child. It seems like he's saved Piccolo twice already in the Namekian fight, which makes me think maybe it's foreshadowing Gohan sacrificing himself for Piccolo this time which sounds very disappointing.

Don't say that, I've been waiting for a scenario like this since forever. Though I guess it'd be more impactful if it happened in a situation where he could die, as the no-kill rule renders that possible outcome angst-less. But yeah, no way is Gohan dropping out before Piccolo, and if anyone is doing the sacrificing, it's the big guy. Him saving Piccolo twice is probably more to help balance out their partnership since Piccolo's been doing all the saving up until now, and to show that Gohan is the stronger of the two.

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Michsi wrote:
Asura wrote:

Don't say that, I've been waiting for a scenario like this since forever. Though I guess it'd be more impactful if it happened in a situation where he could die, as the no-kill rule renders that possible outcome angst-less. But yeah, no way is Gohan dropping out before Piccolo, and if anyone is doing the sacrificing, it's the big guy. Him saving Piccolo twice is probably more to help balance out their partnership since Piccolo's been doing all the saving up until now, and to show that Gohan is the stronger of the two.
Yeah, a role reversal like that could be interesting but to have Gohan do that before he's even done anything with any real impact or meaningful would just be so disappointing.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:32 pm

Asura wrote:
Yeah, a role reversal like that could be interesting but to have Gohan do that before he's even done anything with any real impact or meaningful would just be so disappointing.
Still think he might get a chance against Jiren. Most likely not win, but put up a decent fight until Goku's back. Before, I thought Toppo would be his opponent, but now that Vegeta's up against him, anyone's fair game.

Or we might see a fusion between Goku and Gohan, since that almost happened in the Buu Saga. Have fun coming up a name for that.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Asura wrote:
There's still Dyspo and the bugs, and who knows maybe Kefla will survive her fight with UI Goku, and an injured Kefla could eventually go up against Gohan after the Namekians, since I'd be rather surprised if Kefla got knocked out before the barely-even-introduced namekians.
Why is it a surprise if the last introduced characters of Universe 6 are the last 2 to go?
Asura wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Asura wrote:

We could just have no sacrifice as they are just stupid. Why can't we just have fighters lose after after an intense fight against someone?

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:51 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
We could just have no sacrifice as they are just stupid. Why can't we just have fighters lose after after an intense fight against someone?
There probably won't be any sacrificing done (hopefully, in Piccolo's case), just that the role reversal would be interesting, not to mention poetic, and because for once I'd like to see Piccolo be the one to go ballistic.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Michsi wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
There probably won't be any sacrificing done (hopefully, in Piccolo's case), just that the role reversal would be interesting, not to mention poetic, and because for once I'd like to see Piccolo be the one to go ballistic.
One of the reason why I like Piccolo is because he doesn't get emotional at all during fights. Even during their fight now Gohan has a serious face whereas Piccolo doesn't.

Anyway I predict both with stay to end and Jiren will knock them off. Jiren gets annoyed at them because maybe Gohan gets angry and manages to hit Jiren and maybe Piccolo annoys him as he saves Goku by using his stretchy arms.

After Saonel and Pilina I think they are fighting Universe 3 as that seems like a teamwork fight as you will probably have Paparoni and a Megazord thing. I want to see Piccolo go giant form and hold the Megazord off while Gohan attacks Paparoni who is protected by Biarra and a power form Katopesla. Gohan defeats these 3 which then allows Piccolo to finish off the Megazord as he is now vulnerable as Paparoni is gone.

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:16 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Asura wrote:
Why is it a surprise if the last introduced characters of Universe 6 are the last 2 to go?
Asura wrote:
Michsi wrote:

Last introduced characters you say? They're not even introduced, that's the problem lol. They're already fighting and they never got any introduction, and their fight is barely getting any spotlight. Why would they be the last people left for U6 if they're not even bothering to shed any light on them, or devote any time to them either? There's nothing to indicate so far that they've been important at all.

And I agree that sacrifices are fucking retarded and need to stop, but this is TOEI we're talking about, they don't know what to do with Piccolo other than use him as a human shield and an arm dispenser.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:25 pm

Asura wrote:
Last introduced characters you say? They're not even introduced, that's the problem lol. They're already fighting and they never got any introduction, and their fight is barely getting any spotlight. Why would they be the last people left for U6 if they're not even bothering to shed any light on them, or devote any time to them either? There's nothing to indicate so far that they've been important at all.
You mean they haven't been introduced in a way you like. Just because they have not had a lot of screen time does not mean they can't be the last fighters from Universe 6. Their fight should get the focus eventaully and so will the Vegeta vs Toppo fight.

You actually think that Kale and Caulifla or their fusion Kefla are still going to do something even after having 4 episodes in a row dedicated to them?
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Michsi wrote:Making U7 so strong compared to the other lower universe was actually a good move IMO. After all, before this revival phase, we all thought Goku & co. to be strongest fighters ever. The introduction of Beerus, the gods, and other universes kinda lowered their status, which was the point - more of room to climb upwards- but you don't want to see them dropped at the bottom of the latter suddenly. It's not like they're steamrolling everyone they come across.

As for Gohan, I get this feeling he'll actually go against Jiren at some point.
How was making U7 so overpowered a good move exactly? You say it was but then the reason after it has nothing to do with the other universes being far too weak. In fact they ARE steamrolling everyone they come across, there's not even enough people to give U7 good matches. Android 17 could probably solo 90% of the people by himself with no assistance, and it's doubtful he's anywhere near as strong as Goku or Vegeta SSB. The only people even close to a threat are Kefla, Toppo, and Jiren, everyone else is pretty much fodder. I don't see how that makes sense to introduce all these new universes and almost no one can even touch the mid tier fighters of U7, let alone Goku or Vegeta. It's the perfect opportunity to make other strong fighters to take on Frieza, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan etc but we got pretty much none of that. If anything it makes the world seem underwelming that there's these 7 other universe but pretty much everyone there is Cell level or weaker.
sintzu wrote:Vegeta and Toppo are the 2nd strongest characters of their universe yet their fight is taking a back seat to Goku's and that witch so even if there was someone left, it doesn't mean we'll see much of it.
Having good potential matches like this (Vegeta vs Toppo) are entirely up to the writer. For whatever reason they don't care about giving good matches for U7/ the tournament in general, and instead focusing on Goku vs Kefla and Goku vs Jiren far too much. While there's nothing wrong with focusing on those 2 fights, it shouldn't be taking away from the rest of the tournament fighters to this extreme. There's plenty of interesting fights just waiting here that they'll probably never explore like Gohan vs Dyspo as someone else mentioned. Of course it's hard to make good fights when you make U7 so overpowered and everyone else so weak, but that is also entirely up to the writing, there's nothing forcing them to make so much meaninglessly weak fighters. This isn't an Earth tournment so they can come up with literally anything.
Last edited by Zagacious on Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:35 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Asura wrote:
You mean they haven't been introduced in a way you like. Just because they have not had a lot of screen time does not mean they can't be the last fighters drom Universe 6. Their fight will shpulf get the focus eventaully and so will the Vegeta vs Toppo fight.

You actually think that Kale and Caulifla or their fusion Kefla are still going to do something even after having 4 episodes in a row dedicated to them?
Haven't been introduced in a way I like? What does that even mean lol. I know you've got a gigantic raging hard on for anything and everything that's green and has antennas, but it's pretty obvious for anyone to see that these characters have barely been introduced. I don't think their names have even been said yet in an episode.

I could be wrong for sure, I just don't see why two characters that are basically still unnamed at this point and are fighting the main cast (although I know they do have names) would be the last survivors over the fusion character that's had loads of screen time.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Asura wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Asura wrote:
You mean they haven't been introduced in a way you like. Just because they have not had a lot of screen time does not mean they can't be the last fighters drom Universe 6. Their fight will shpulf get the focus eventaully and so will the Vegeta vs Toppo fight.

Haven't been introduced in a way I like? What does that even mean lol. I know you've got a gigantic raging hard on for anything and everything that's green and has antennas, but it's pretty obvious for anyone to see that these characters have barely been introduced. I don't think their names have even been said yet in an episode.

I could be wrong for sure, I just don't see why two characters that are basically still unnamed at this point and are fighting the main cast (although I know they do have names) would be the last survivors over the fusion character that's had loads of screen time.
I think there is nothing wrong with wanting the only other fighting Namekians in the series to do something and I still don't know why people still get excited at new Saiyans.

The taller one was named in episode 115, Pirina/Pilina depending on what translation you use. The smaller one is Saonel.

The way you talk about about them barely being introduced is just like how people say Jiren barely has no personality when he does. Saonel, Pilina and Jiren are simply being portrayed in a way all fighters should be acting and that is no talk just destroy your opponent.

Caulifla and Kale should have been gone in episode 101 anyway. They have got 4 more dedicated episodes dedicated to them they should have anyway.

Finally I have no reason to believe that the Piccolo and Gohan vs Saonel and Pilina fight will not get any focus especially when Vegeta vs Toppo is getting treated in the same way.