Would you be sad if Universe 6 is erased?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Would you be sad if Universe 6 is erased?

Post by wolflonnie » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Depends... I'm not really buying the erasure, until I see the ending, and if it is indeed definitive.
Then, yes, I'll be saddened, quite a lot. Especially because of Hit and Cabba, who are both honorable and likeable, and Beerus' sadness for his brother's death.
I would be sad for Champa if he were less hostile towards Beerus, like many said.

JoeCapricorn
Beyond Newbie

Post by JoeCapricorn » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:58 pm

The bigger question is, will we see Beerus show sadness? Champa is his brother, but also a chief rival.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:51 pm

They foreshadowed going to planet sadal so they won't be gone forever if they are erased.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:55 pm

JoeCapricorn wrote:The bigger question is, will we see Beerus show sadness? Champa is his brother, but also a chief rival.
Beerus showed concern for Goku's well being while he fought with Jiren. So suffice to say I'd think Beerus would be plenty sad if his own brother got erased.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:51 am

Chuquita wrote:I'm still convinced they'll wish the other universes back at the end of this arc (or the GP is lying and all they actually did was teleport the fighters somewhere else) but if I am wrong and we're still all lasting consequences ala the Gokû Black arc, then I'd be more disappointed in losing Uni 6 than sad. I liked the team alright, but nobody I'd be too upset to lose. Champa and Vados I'd miss. If anything I'd be really upset to never get to see what the Uni 6 saiyan home planet is like and not get that Gokû and Vegeta trip there. I want to see the saiyan king that Cabba talked about.
The universes will stay erased, in my opinion. Zeno said there are too many universes so the consequences will last. If Zeno accepted a fighter wishing for the other universes back, then it the future the problem about there being too many universes could emerge once again, so I can't see it happening.
What could happen, though, is that the erased planets inhabitated by mortals will be put in the other universes (probably U7). And if the planets really all get moved to U7 where would all the erased Gods go? Will they just stop being Gods and go live a normal life?
It's very confusionary because the hints of U6 Saiyans playing a role in the future arcs are there, but the other universes could very well be erased as they didn't do much to make us want them back.
Although in U6 there's still the Earth Beerus brought back, which hasn't been mentioned again and I don't think that Beerus' wish with the Super DBs will turn out to be meaningless, and the only way it can have a meaning is if Champa gets to live to pay Beerus back, or if U6 is brought back.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:18 am

Faisal Shourov wrote:I think they will be wished back by Super Dragon Balls in the end, but it will still be very sad for me. I really, really love Champa and Hit, they were one the first major new characters in Dragon Ball Super and greatly contributed to my interested in the series (which nosedived after RoF arc). Universe 6 made the show for me, basically

Will you also miss Universe 6 like me? What if they're never brought back? That would be a devastating tragedy imo, although unlikely. Share your opinions
What's there to be sad about when it's so obvious it'll be wished back?

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:34 am

Chuquita wrote:I'm still convinced they'll wish the other universes back at the end of this arc (or the GP is lying and all they actually did was teleport the fighters somewhere else) but if I am wrong and we're still all lasting consequences ala the Gokû Black arc, then I'd be more disappointed in losing Uni 6 than sad. I liked the team alright, but nobody I'd be too upset to lose. Champa and Vados I'd miss. If anything I'd be really upset to never get to see what the Uni 6 saiyan home planet is like and not get that Gokû and Vegeta trip there. I want to see the saiyan king that Cabba talked about.
Vados isn't getting erased though... :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:27 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:
Vados isn't getting erased though... :lol:
Yeah but it's not like she'd have reason to show up after that. We haven't seen either 9 or 10's angel since they've lost their universe.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:08 am

sangofe wrote: What's there to be sad about when it's so obvious it'll be wished back?
While I am quite certain they will be brought back, it still may not happen. We thought Future Trunks arc would have a happy ending. Zeno is really unpredictable
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:37 am

Faisal Shourov wrote: While I am quite certain they will be brought back, it still may not happen. We thought Future Trunks arc would have a happy ending. Zeno is really unpredictable
Poor Trunks' timeline is a bit 'disposable' by virtue of being an alternate timeline. All the heroes got killed off permanently there but they'd never do something like that in the main timeline. Likewise with all the people Black and Zamasu killed being gone forever.

I kinda feel like a bad ending here would invalidate everything that happened in the Future Trunks arc. 'We saved present Gowasu, the Gods and mortals but they all died anyway sorry lol.'

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:29 am

If they just get erased probably not, but if they are never brought back then absolutely. I got attached to characters that were erased so far, but didn't think much of it as I fully expect them to be brought back. It would be a huge shock to me if they remain gone. I just don't see it. For Universe 6 more than anyone.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:38 pm

IntoTheFire wrote:If they just get erased probably not, but if they are never brought back then absolutely. I got attached to characters that were erased so far, but didn't think much of it as I fully expect them to be brought back. It would be a huge shock to me if they remain gone. I just don't see it. For Universe 6 more than anyone.
Now that they're gone, it will be interesting to see what happens after the tournament
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:59 pm

I'm not as sad as I thought I'd be. It was written to be more bittersweet than depressing and they took the edge off with some comedy moments. I definitely think they'll be back with how low-key that was.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Now that it has happened, no, not really. It was really badly done.

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Doctor. wrote:Now that it has happened, no, not really. It was really badly done.
What were you expecting?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Faisal Shourov wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Now that it has happened, no, not really. It was really badly done.
What were you expecting?
Something more than Caulifla being annoying again, one line from Cabba and Champa basically flipping his brother off.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:11 pm

I don't know, I thought it was very well done. Very bittersweet.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:21 pm

I couldn't be any happier. :lol:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:31 pm

I'm gutted their gone. I found their erasure to be very bittersweet. I wasn't over the top in term of emotion and they didn't undersell it either. It was just right.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:01 am

We usually don't agree too much, but you're absolutely right. :D

This was really badly done. I was definitely preparing to be sad about U6's erasure, quite a lot of interesting characters there and Caulifla and Kale might have been my favorite characters in the tournament. But I felt nothing. It seemed like no one in U6 even gave a shit that they were getting erased, and apparently no one else did either. Goku doesn't comment at all about Hit getting erased, or the Saiyan girls. Beerus & Champa's final moments were shit. Handled poorly all around and all the people saying they got emotional would probably be bawling their eyes out if this was done better.