Would you be sad if Universe 6 is erased?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Would you be sad if Universe 6 is erased?

Post by Faisal Shourov » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:36 am

I think they will be wished back by Super Dragon Balls in the end, but it will still be very sad for me. I really, really love Champa and Hit, they were one the first major new characters in Dragon Ball Super and greatly contributed to my interested in the series (which nosedived after RoF arc). Universe 6 made the show for me, basically

Will you also miss Universe 6 like me? What if they're never brought back? That would be a devastating tragedy imo, although unlikely. Share your opinions
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Would you be sad if Universe 6 is erased?

Post by Chuquita » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:56 am

I'm still convinced they'll wish the other universes back at the end of this arc (or the GP is lying and all they actually did was teleport the fighters somewhere else) but if I am wrong and we're still all lasting consequences ala the Gokû Black arc, then I'd be more disappointed in losing Uni 6 than sad. I liked the team alright, but nobody I'd be too upset to lose. Champa and Vados I'd miss. If anything I'd be really upset to never get to see what the Uni 6 saiyan home planet is like and not get that Gokû and Vegeta trip there. I want to see the saiyan king that Cabba talked about.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:59 am

Naah it's fine, they can get erased never to be brought back again and that would be fine too, will actually add some weight to the Universes getting destroyed and the tournament..
Only wishing back Universe 6 because they happen to know them is kind of a dick move as well, I would rather not have that
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:00 pm

The only thing I care about to do with Universe 6 right now is Saonel and Pirina getting a good showing as we know Universe 6 will probably return.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:03 pm

Feels like a waste to get rid of them and there's also the Sadala plotline, so I hope they come back.
I need more Caulifla, Kale, Hit and Champa. Considering how popular the first three are, hopefully everything will turn out alright.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Of course.... I sweet angel will be sad too...
Vados Sama!

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:28 pm

It would be disappointing if they were eliminated before they got to see Goku further his mastery of UI. Before they got to see shirtless Goku.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:38 pm

Several members of their participating roster like Cabba, Magetta, Hit, and to a lesser extent Botamo are all people whom I would be saddened to have their existences snuffed out purely on the whims of a childlike sociopathic monarch. Champa might have inspired a similar reaction from me if he showed less hostility towards his brother and was more expressively grievous over the prospect of losing his family. At this point, Beerus has exhibited greater maturity and development than his sibling has. I can't say Champa has endeared himself enough to me to inspire any saddened yearnings for his reappearance, likewise with the Saiyan girls and Dr Rota. Indifference would be the best descriptive word to use for my thoughts on Saonel and Pilina at the moment. We've seen so little of them that I don't have strong feelings towards them one way or the other. The fact that they seemed to pay greater heed to Champa's frantic declarations while earnestly assuring the Hakaishin that they would do everything in their power to win does give me greater hope for them than Kefla who was just an overconfident juggernaut that seemed to lose whatever large scale perspective her individual fusee components may have had.

Despite everything said above, I'm mostly certain that this won't be the end of U6. Too many red flags have appeared to indicate that a future erasure isn't permanent. It might be that only the inhabitants and maybe their planets will return, but I expect to see them in the future. The animation studio has taken the time to reintroduce the notion of visiting Planet Sadala. Why do that if they had no intention of going through with it?
Last edited by Lionel on Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:40 pm

Had they showed us Planet Sadala before TOP, let's say instead of the purple pacifier Vegeta nonsense I would certainly care lol
That said even if I prefer Beerus I also grew fond of Champa with time, him and Hit are really cool additions to the series I agree

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:55 pm

Yeah, of course. It's the most interesting Universe with the most races still alive (unlike Universe 7), so it can't just vanish without showing us their Saiyans, Tsufurujins, Namekuseijins, Yadorats and Metamoruseijins (and their Kaioshin of Time and possibly their Time Breakers as well).

In the Universe 6 saga, they really should have let Universe 6 wins so that the Earth could be switched. I'll be very pissed if Universe 6 gets erased without explaining and showing some stuff, and why there are Yadorat and Tsufurujin in the Universe 2 team.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Asura

Post by Asura » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:02 pm

It's not a matter of if but when. Universe 6 will almost assuredly get erased. It's gonna be sad seeing Beerus' reaction to Champa being erased, as well as the reactions of the U6 Saiyans knowing that they're going to get erased. Maybe Cabba will tell everyone to believe in U7 and Vegeta and maybe that will give them some hope before they disappear.

Vegeta being the U6 savior and their last remaining hope would be very interesting for his character, especially in an arc that has mostly had him regress outside of that scene with Cabba.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:24 pm

Yeah, I'll be really sad when they're eventually erased as they're some of the few characters I can actually root for. I'm pretty confident that all the erased universes will be back somehow which kind of takes the edge off, but on the off chance that they weren't I honestly think it would sour my feelings toward the show so much that I'd stop following it entirely. Hard to enjoy the slapstick adventures of Goku and co with the lingering knowledge that they helped kill trillions of people, you know? :|

Which is part of the reason I'm confident they'll be back. :P

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:26 pm

I'll of course miss Hit, Champa and Vados but the sacrifice will be worth it if it gets rid of Kale and Caulifla. Yes, they're so bad that it'll be worth getting rid of an entire universe full of billions just to get rid of them.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Hell yeah, I'd be sad. Universe 6 gave me Champa, Hit and Caulifla, three of favorite characters of modern Dragon Ball. Of course, I'm not expecting the erasure of Universe 6 to be permanent, but it would still be a very sober moment, nonetheless.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:53 pm

If the erasure is permanent, a little. The only characters that I grew to care about from that universe are Hit, and to a lesser extent, Cabba and Magetta. Frost showed promise twice but was mishandled both times. Champa has been a jackass in the ToP I forgot I found him endearing back in the U7 vs. U6 tournament. The saiyan girls got more than enough screen time I don't want to see them again. Botamo and Fuwa are borderline living props like plants. I still have some hope that the namekians may be interesting characters before their defeat.

If U6 is gone forever, Vados may still be around.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:25 pm

yes, it will be very sad for me. Two of my favorite characters from the entire franchise [only after Vegeta and Goku] are from that universe (Kale and Caulifla). Also i love Champa and Vados.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:24 pm

I will feel sad of course, but if they are brought back then it will mess up the moment. But, then again I want them back. Aw man, I can't decide which one I want. A sad goodbye or more stories with them but will mess up the sad goodbye.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:27 pm

No not really. Hit is the only one I like from U6 and they're gonna be brought back anyway

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:37 pm

It will be sad. Just because we know they're getting brought back doesn't mean their erasure won't be a big emotional moment. I mean, that applies to most Dragon Ball deaths. But Universe 6 are the most sympathetic, they're close to the secondary protagonists of the story and a lot of fan-favourites are among their ranks.

The big question is how they'll handle Beerus' reacting to Champa's death. The two have been antagonistic toward each other this whole arc, it would be great to have that moment of realisation just as they go. Plus, there's the fact that if Gohan and Piccolo are the ones to defeat Saonel and Pirina, then literally 90% of Universe 6's losses were at the hands of Universe 7. That's a potential angle that probably won't be explored, but it's something.

I maintain that this is all happening too early because Universe 6 erasure should be the biggest loss in the tournament, and having it (most likely) be the third erasure undermines that, as well as the impact of future erasures up until 11.

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:28 pm

Lionel wrote:Several members of their participating roster like Cabba, Magetta, Hit, and to a lesser extent Botamo are all people whom I would be saddened to have their existences snuffed out purely on the whims of a childlike sociopathic monarch. Champa might have inspired a similar reaction from me if he showed less hostility towards his brother and was more expressively grievous over the prospect of losing his family. At this point, Beerus has exhibited greater maturity and development than his sibling has. I can't say Champa has endeared himself enough to me to inspire any saddened yearnings for his reappearance, likewise with the Saiyan girls and Dr Rota. Indifference would be the best descriptive word to use for my thoughts on Saonel and Pilina at the moment. We've seen so little of them that I don't have strong feelings towards them one way or the other. The fact that they seemed to pay greater heed to Champa's frantic declarations while earnestly assuring the Hakaishin that they would do everything in their power to win does give me greater hope for them than Kefla who was just an overconfident juggernaut that seemed to lose whatever large scale perspective her individual fusee components may have had.
People love Champa because he's hilarious, the smug mocking is part of his character which makes him unique and funny. You might not be getting the humor maybe. He wasn't supposed to be Beerus clone.
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.