A complaint about Piccolo in an NEP for an upcoming episode that has not yet aired and I therefore have not seen

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: Really TOEI? Why?

Post by Michsi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:55 am

Jigurashi wrote:
Vice wrote:Just please don't fuck over Piccolo again, TOEI.
How would we know if this is a Toei thing? Toriyama himself hasn't shown much interest in giving Piccolo much of anything for all of Super.
Because the idea of Piccolo sacrificing himself for Gohan in 118 would've been much better received had it not already happened before in ROF as well as in this arc just a few friggin episodes ago. Him dying in ROF for Gohan and 103 seem to be Toei's doing.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:56 am

Piccolo won't lose here, but I do fear he won't do much and Gohan will just beat the two Nameks. Piccolo really needs to take out at least one of them.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:37 am

I wouldn't make assumptions based from a NEP, but this happens every week in this fanbase so it doesn't surprise me anymore.
118 looks definitely interesting, and I'm still crossing my fingers that Piccolo will fuse with the U6 Namekians to also gain their unlimited regeneration capabilities. That would be dope!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:48 am

If Piccolo does not get to beat the Namekians and Gohan does with Piccolo out then Piccolo is dead as a character to me.

Piccolo saving Gohan in the Saiyan arc would then be classified as the beginning of the end for Piccolo.

He will survive though just like how 18 didn't go out in episode 117 ir how Roshi survived his Mafuba. The next elimination will be episode 119 as the title implies that Universr 7 has not lost someone in ages.
JulieYBM wrote:Piccolo gets to take center stage in an episode overseen by the series' best regular animation supervisor and episode director. That's better than you can say about Kuririn, who got fucked over for his role in this tournament.
I don't give a shit about the art and animation if the content in the episode is bad.

Piccolo getting beat up and then sacrificing himself is not what I waited 22 episodes of the tournament for

You say Krillin got fucked over but the worst way Piccolo could go out is by protecting Gohan.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:50 am

I am praying to God every night for the next 7 days that Piccolo at least takes out one of the Nameks on his own. I suggest all of you do the same for Piccolo, pray to all 100,000 Gods of the universe and time and creation itself for Piccolo to have a decent showing. I think he will need it.

Meme magic will work too. I want to believe.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:52 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:If Piccolo does not get to beat the Namekians and Gohan does with Piccolo out then Piccolo is dead as a character to me..
On my, this is serious :o

No worries, at last we are getting a proper Piccolo and Gohan fighting together without many interruptions ( hopefully ) both will get a good showing is what I would expect
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Timetraveller
Beyond Newbie

Post by Timetraveller » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:59 am

Vice wrote:Just please don't fuck over Piccolo again, TOEI.
He's going to fight them, lose a few arms in the process and then throw himself in front of Gohan to save him from an attack. Gohan gets mad and then avenges him.

That's all his character is good for nowadays.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:01 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:If Piccolo does not get to beat the Namekians and Gohan does with Piccolo out then Piccolo is dead as a character to me..
On my, this is serious :o

No worries, at last we are getting a proper Piccolo and Gohan fighting together without many interruptions ( hopefully ) both will get a good showing is what I would expect
You know I am the most positive Piccolo fan but if what I descibed happens it will be one step to far even for me.

You mean Gohan getting all the fighting an Piccolo just does a Special Beam Cannon that in the preview barrly damaged Pirina.

Toei and Toriyama have an oppurtunity to eliminate Piccolo sacrificing himself ever again by giving him that unlimited regeneration ability. I am literally right now 100% supportive of the idea of Piccolo fusing with Saonel and Pirina even though before the preview I was 100% against it.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:33 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: Piccolo just does a Special Beam Cannon that in the preview barrly damaged Pirina.
Yea that is bullshit, choosing SBC as an attack that won't have effect isn't the brightest idea..
All I can take from it is the narrative trying to tell us Piccolo's most powerful attack isn't hurting so he now has no choice but to scarifice himself..
Then again, that might result in Gohan beating both of them up which leads to Piccolo fusing with them both because Gohan says something about bringing their Universe back even if he defeats them, which convinces the namekians to fuse with Piccolo for them to stand a bigger chance..
Then there's that unlimited regeneration perk as well..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:40 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Piccolo just does a Special Beam Cannon that in the preview barrly damaged Pirina.
Yea that is bullshit, choosing SBC as an attack that won't have effect isn't the brightest idea..
All I can take from it is the narrative trying to tell us Piccolo's most powerful attack isn't hurting so he now has no choice but to scarifice himself..
Then again, that might result in Gohan beating both of them up which leads to Piccolo fusing with them both because Gohan says something about bringing their Universe back even if he defeats them, which convinces the namekians to fuse with Piccolo for them to stand a bigger chance..
Then there's that unlimited regeneration perk as well..
Piccolo better get something from Saonel and Pirina. They are Namekians so they should be connected to Piccolo not Gohan.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:44 am

Remember when people thought 18 would drop out today after last week's preview?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:47 am

namekiansaiyan wrote: Piccolo better get something from Saonel and Pirina.
He will, an ass beating :lol:
At least that much is certain, what comes next remains to be seen, if he does fuse, we will be looking at a power high enough to get Jiren moving, historically the fusion power increases have been all kinds of absurd

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:00 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Remember when people thought 18 would drop out today after last week's preview?
Piccolo is going nowhere they wouldn't show somwthing like that in a preview. No character in any preview has been hinted at going out so I don't see why they would start now.
Ki Breaker wrote:
At least that much is certain, what comes next remains to be seen, if he does fuse, we will be looking at a power high enough to get Jiren moving, historically the fusion power increases have been all kinds of absurd
He needs that unlimited regeneration. His defence would be absolutely insane.

I predict Piccolo will get hit by Pirina's mouthblast and we will think it is over for him but his body starts regenerating.

Piccolo fused with Saonel and Pirina and then fighting Jiren is something I definitely need now.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:08 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Remember when people thought 18 would drop out today after last week's preview?
Piccolo is going nowhere they wouldn't show somwthing like that in a preview. No character in any preview has been hinted at going out so I don't see why they would start now.
Ki Breaker wrote:
He needs that unlimited regeneration. His defence would be absolutely insane.

I predict Piccolo will get hit by Pirina's mouthblast and we will think it is over for him but his body starts regenerating.

Piccolo fused with Saonel and Pirina and then fighting Jiren is something I definitely need now.
After getting unlimited regeneration,he will spend all the day protecting gohan. :wink:
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:25 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:They are Namekians so they should be connected to Piccolo not Gohan.
Why does them being the same race as Piccolo matter here? Why does that have to limit them to Piccolo? This isn't a Vegeta situation where he actually has that much of a connection with his own race. Piccolo doesn't give a shit about other Namekians existing.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:27 am

Kanassa wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:They are Namekians so they should be connected to Piccolo not Gohan.
Why does them being the same race as Piccolo matter here? Why does that have to limit them to Piccolo? This isn't a Vegeta situation where he actually has that much of a connection with his own race. Piccolo doesn't give a shit about other Namekians existing.
If Piccolo can't get a good amount against Namekians then he won't against anyone since this is the most natural matchup he could have.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:45 am

I think it would be best to see how the episode plays out before we make any judgement.

Arg
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arg » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:01 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Vice wrote:Image

Why do you hate Piccolo so damned much? Why must he continue to be wasted in whatever continuity he's in? Goddammit man, he doesn't need to by a hype tool for Gohan all of the time.
The episode hasn't even come out yet.

Chill.
The way this trailer ends... I am certain there is some big turnaround planned, it always goes this way. They hyped frost backslashing freeza in the preview, only for freeza to backslash him; they hyped freeza to turn back on goku, only to see him lend goku some of his energy... this time its as if piccolo is being done in at the end... I am certain it will be him getting a win or gohan being sacrificed this time around.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:03 am

So this is why Universe 7 is jobbing everyone; because people get really upset if they are challenged by anything at all. :|
:clap:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:10 am

Yomi wrote:So this is why Universe 7 is jobbing everyone; because people get really upset if they are challenged by anything at all. :|
No you know this has nothing to do with a challenge but Piccolo taking a hit for Gohan again.