A complaint about Piccolo in an NEP for an upcoming episode that has not yet aired and I therefore have not seen

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Really TOEI? Why?

Post by BWri » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:58 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
precita wrote:I wonder how many people are vowing to quit watching Super forever based on that one clip.
People vow to drop Super every week, but they always come back for more. After 117 episodes no one takes them serious anymore.
I don't remember if it was Episode 3 or 5, but I remember the amount of people who where like, this is unaccetable never watching super again, but like no one did, and this seems to happen like every 4 weeks or so. It's like when people swear off EA but still buy the games. It's really funny.
To be fair, I skipped the entire Goku vs. Frieza fight, basically everything after Ginyu, and the mini-arc right after that (Ponte-whatever, the Copy Vegeta arc). I only come back when they promise to use other characters other than Goku properly, which they never really do. The DB creators have the magical formula for dangling sweet carrots in front of fans faces. The promise of making fan favorite characters relevant again continues to get each and every one of us. Oh and I swore off EA games in 2008 and haven't played one since. Not expecting a congratulations but some of us do stick to our guns.

DB is entirely different than EA. It has my heart, it's in my DNA. If Super hadn't improved like it did though, I would've legitimately dropped it. It was easy to after the travesty that was RoF, then they promised new content and the use of fan favorite non-saiyan characters for the GoD tournament. After the lackluster GoD Tournament arc, we were shown a drastically improved Trunks arc with a darker tone, which put someone other than Goku and Vegeta in a prominent plot role and promised a mysterious and unique (for DB's standards) story. ToP outdoes it by bringing in all the fan favorites for one last big hurrah. Of course, the ball was dropped in most cases, but we still wonder if they'll figure out the simple formula of character balance.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:03 am

BWri wrote: To be fair, I skipped the entire Goku vs. Frieza fight, basically everything after Ginyu, and the mini-arc right after that (Ponte-whatever, the Copy Vegeta arc). I only come back when they promise to use other characters other than Goku properly, which they never really do. The DB creators have the magical formula for dangling sweet carrots in front of fans faces. The promise of making fan favorite characters relevant again continues to get each and every one of us. Oh and I swore off EA games in 2008 and haven't played one since. Not expecting a congratulations but some of us do stick to our guns.

DB is entirely different than EA. It has my heart, it's in my DNA. If Super hadn't improved like it did though, I would've legitimately dropped it. It was easy to after the travesty that was RoF, then they promised new content and the use of fan favorite non-saiyan characters for the GoD tournament. After the lackluster GoD Tournament arc, we were shown a drastically improved Trunks arc with a darker tone, which put someone other than Goku and Vegeta in a prominent plot role and promised a mysterious and unique (for DB's standards) story. ToP outdoes it by bringing in all the fan favorites for one last big hurrah. Of course, the ball was dropped in most cases, but we still wonder if they'll figure out the simple formula of character balance.
When did they promised that?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:10 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Remember when people thought 18 would drop out today after last week's preview?
Piccolo is going nowhere they wouldn't show somwthing like that in a preview. No character in any preview has been hinted at going out so I don't see why they would start now.
Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: Piccolo better get something from Saonel and Pirina.
He will, an ass beating :lol:
At least that much is certain, what comes next remains to be seen, if he does fuse, we will be looking at a power high enough to get Jiren moving, historically the fusion power increases have been all kinds of absurd
He needs that unlimited regeneration. His defence would be absolutely insane.

I predict Piccolo will get hit by Pirina's mouthblast and we will think it is over for him but his body starts regenerating.

Piccolo fused with Saonel and Pirina and then fighting Jiren is something I definitely need now.
I've been thinking about this ever since last week. It seriously needs to happen. A youtuber, I think DBZ Fan Guy, had the idea of having this powered up Piccolo be the "scout" so to speak, the person who figures out Jiren's weakness before getting eliminated. That would be the best combat role Piccolo could ever achieve in this series. I would be so down for that!
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:16 am

BWri wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Remember when people thought 18 would drop out today after last week's preview?
Piccolo is going nowhere they wouldn't show somwthing like that in a preview. No character in any preview has been hinted at going out so I don't see why they would start now.
Ki Breaker wrote: He will, an ass beating :lol:
At least that much is certain, what comes next remains to be seen, if he does fuse, we will be looking at a power high enough to get Jiren moving, historically the fusion power increases have been all kinds of absurd
He needs that unlimited regeneration. His defence would be absolutely insane.

I predict Piccolo will get hit by Pirina's mouthblast and we will think it is over for him but his body starts regenerating.

Piccolo fused with Saonel and Pirina and then fighting Jiren is something I definitely need now.
I've been thinking about this ever since last week. It seriously needs to happen. A youtuber, I think DBZ Fan Guy, had the idea of having this powered up Piccolo be the "scout" so to speak, the person who figures out Jiren's weakness before getting eliminated. That would be the best combat role Piccolo could ever achieve in this series. I would be so down for that!
He also will get this unlimited regeneration thing as well to use.

BWri

Post by BWri » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:17 am

HeroR wrote:
BWri wrote: To be fair, I skipped the entire Goku vs. Frieza fight, basically everything after Ginyu, and the mini-arc right after that (Ponte-whatever, the Copy Vegeta arc). I only come back when they promise to use other characters other than Goku properly, which they never really do. The DB creators have the magical formula for dangling sweet carrots in front of fans faces. The promise of making fan favorite characters relevant again continues to get each and every one of us. Oh and I swore off EA games in 2008 and haven't played one since. Not expecting a congratulations but some of us do stick to our guns.

When did they promised that?
In the promotional materials mainly, but in the show as well. In the U6 arc posters Piccolo was shown as #3 behind Goku and Vegeta, with a prominant amount of space devoted to his image. The posters had him and Buu looking rather prominent and the buildup to the tourney was a tease as well. As we know, Buu wasn't featured at all, so at best it was deceptive marketing. Piccolo training with Gohan again (which amounted to virtually nothing for either of them in terms of narrative weight for that arc). Then the ToP promo material and recruitment arc made all the characters appear to be important, which they are to a degree but its still mostly Goku Time. Even Vegeta has taken a major backseat.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:27 am

BWri wrote: In the promotional materials mainly, but in the show as well. In the U6 arc posters Piccolo was shown as #3 behind Goku and Vegeta, with a prominant amount of space devoted to his image. The posters had him and Buu looking rather prominent and the buildup to the tourney was a tease as well. As we know, Buu wasn't featured at all, so at best it was deceptive marketing. Piccolo training with Gohan again (which amounted to virtually nothing for either of them in terms of narrative weight for that arc). Then the ToP promo material and recruitment arc made all the characters appear to be important, which they are to a degree but its still mostly Goku Time. Even Vegeta has taken a major backseat.
That really isn't a 'promise' per say. I mean, now many times have we seen the Z-Fighters in the intro of Z and half of them do crap?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:17 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:I don't give a shit about the art and animation if the content in the episode is bad.

Piccolo getting beat up and then sacrificing himself is not what I waited 22 episodes of the tournament for

You say Krillin got fucked over but the worst way Piccolo could go out is by protecting Gohan.
The animation is a part of the content of the animation. Dialogue isn't the only way to express an idea or the feelings of the people making a production in a visual medium.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

IGhostUlt
Beyond Newbie

Post by IGhostUlt » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:22 am

I think both gohan and piccolo fans should be worried about whats to come next week. As a gohan fan, I know i am

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:25 am

IGhostUlt wrote:I think both gohan and piccolo fans should be worried about whats to come next week. As a gohan fan, I know i am
As a Piccolo fan I am not that worried anymore as they would not show Piccolo being finished in the preview.

IGhostUlt
Beyond Newbie

Post by IGhostUlt » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:35 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
IGhostUlt wrote:I think both gohan and piccolo fans should be worried about whats to come next week. As a gohan fan, I know i am
As a Piccolo fan I am not that worried anymore as they would not show Piccolo being finished in the preview.
Hopefully they both beat the namekians and stay in. Thats the best scenario right there.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:29 am

If Piccolo goes down protecting Gohan again I'd say that reflects far more poorly on Gohan's uselessness as a fighter than it does on Piccolo who is at least acting with courage and integrity. Gohan has by and large a liability since he fought Dabura and has shown minimal signs of improving but Piccolo is the one who catches the flack. :?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:33 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:If Piccolo goes down protecting Gohan again I'd say that reflects far more poorly on Gohan's uselessness as a fighter than it does on Piccolo who is at least acting with courage and integrity. Gohan has by and large a liability since he fought Dabura and has shown minimal signs of improving but Piccolo is the one who catches the flack. :?
The Preview is fooling us. A characters losing moment would not be in the preview of an episode.

Episode 119 is the going to be the next knockout.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:21 pm

Yomi wrote:So this is why Universe 7 is jobbing everyone; because people get really upset if they are challenged by anything at all. :|
And we can also only have male characters, because any female fighter on ToP besides C18 (how convenient) is an annoying bitch or whatever that should be erased forever...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:34 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Yomi wrote:So this is why Universe 7 is jobbing everyone; because people get really upset if they are challenged by anything at all. :|
And we can also only have male characters, because any female fighter on ToP besides C18 (how convenient) is an annoying bitch or whatever that should be erased forever...
They are also "whores/sluts" for some reason. :?
:clap:

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:54 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
"Strong female character in my media ? Ugh what a bitch" - pretty much any time there's a strong female character. Especially now. Pretty sad.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:04 pm

Gohan is the most pathetic fighter from the remaining ones. And it is sad that Piccolo is always Gohans's personal SHIELD.

The episode didn't come out, but we all know that it is a great possibility that Piccolo, again, will serve only to be a shield :eh:

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Piccolo might be blasted out next episode, but I don't see him pathetically going to protect Gohan. I'm sure they'll try to make Piccolo look cool they may fail miserably but they'll try. I mean they did with everyone else so why not Piccolo? The fact that they're bothering to use the staff they are already shows they're trying imo.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:44 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
precita wrote:I wonder how many people are vowing to quit watching Super forever based on that one clip.
People vow to drop Super every week, but they always come back for more. After 117 episodes no one takes them serious anymore.
I don't remember if it was Episode 3 or 5, but I remember the amount of people who where like, this is unaccetable never watching super again, but like no one did, and this seems to happen like every 4 weeks or so. It's like when people swear off EA but still buy the games. It's really funny.
I promised to quick after the ToP before it started. Barring it being amazing. So doesn’t look like have long to go now.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Its not like they have a vendetta when it comes to Piccolo or something, he looked good taking down red pork guy from U10 and properly saved Gohan time and time again in this tournament, he is by far treated better than Gohan who looks like a kid that doesnt know what he got himself into, but you dont hear me complaining about it.
Those U6 namekians are hype tools for Piccolo, that much I'm almost 99% sure of, he'll be the one to shine next episode in taking them down, normally in a preview its the opposite of what they're trying to show comes around, look at Kefla V Blue Goku preview, looked like Kefla was pissin herself after Blue Goku intro but turns out he got K.O'd in SSJBKK even, Gohan's masenko looked like it was losing against Saonel's ki wave but the opposite happened, same with the 18 V Ribrianne one, it looked like 18 was screwed but literally caught us off guard when 18 punched her out. Wouldnt be surprised if Piccolo tanking that wave is part of his plan to catch him off guard and his Special Beam Canon fail was also part of his plan, like making it weaker than its supposed to be to catch them off guard when he fires the real deal.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Beyond wrote:Piccolo might be blasted out next episode, but I don't see him pathetically going to protect Gohan. I'm sure they'll try to make Piccolo look cool they may fail miserably but they'll try. I mean they did with everyone else so why not Piccolo? The fact that they're bothering to use the staff they are already shows they're trying imo.

He is going nowhere if 18 survived episode 117 then he is surviving episode 118.
SansrivaaL wrote:Its not like they have a vendetta when it comes to Piccolo or something, he looked good taking down red pork guy from U10 and properly saved Gohan time and time again in this tournament, he is by far treated better than Gohan who looks like a kid that doesnt know what he got himself into, but you dont hear me complaining about it.
Those U6 namekians are hype tools for Piccolo, that much I'm almost 99% sure of, he'll be the one to shine next episode in taking them down, normally in a preview its the opposite of what they're trying to show comes around, look at Kefla V Blue Goku preview, looked like Kefla was pissin herself after Blue Goku intro but turns out he got K.O'd in SSJBKK even, Gohan's masenko looked like it was losing against Saonel's ki wave but the opposite happened, same with the 18 V Ribrianne one, it looked like 18 was screwed but literally caught us off guard when 18 punched her out. Wouldnt be surprised if Piccolo tanking that wave is part of his plan to catch him off guard and his Special Beam Canon fail was also part of his plan, like making it weaker than its supposed to be to catch them off guard when he fires the real deal.
That won't show him or any character directly losing in a preview. It is trying to fool us. 18 survived so will Piccolo.

I see good treatment as him having good fights and not protecting Gohan. We don't want to watch fighters sacrifice themselves, we want to see them have fun and interseting fights and get wins.