A complaint about Piccolo in an NEP for an upcoming episode that has not yet aired and I therefore have not seen

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: Really TOEI? Why?

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:11 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote: That won't show him or any character directly losing in a preview. It is trying to fool us. 18 survived so will Piccolo.
Thats what I was saying. But I do think Piccolo's gonna play them, hard.
I see good treatment as him having good fights and not protecting Gohan. We don't want to watch fighters sacrifice themselves, we want to see them have fun and interseting fights and get wins.
No one does, its bad for both Gohan and Piccolo, I hope they wont pull that ever again. Its feels like whenever they're throwing out ideas it boils down to
Person 1"Hey, how do we handle the Piccolo and Gohan team up?"
Person 2"Why dont we let Piccolo take one for the team?"
Person 3"You mean like him protecting Gohan?!"
Person 1"GENIUS!"

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:18 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote: That won't show him or any character directly losing in a preview. It is trying to fool us. 18 survived so will Piccolo.
Thats what I was saying. But I do think Piccolo's gonna play them, hard.
I see good treatment as him having good fights and not protecting Gohan. We don't want to watch fighters sacrifice themselves, we want to see them have fun and interseting fights and get wins.
No one does, its bad for both Gohan and Piccolo, I hope they wont pull that ever again. Its feels like whenever they're throwing out ideas it boils down to
Person 1"Hey, how do we handle the Piccolo and Gohan team up?"
Person 2"Why dont we let Piccolo take one for the team?"
Person 3"You mean like him protecting Gohan?!"
Person 1"GENIUS!"
This.The gohan and piccolo team up only makes a fool out of gohan and dpowers piccolo.They have yet to do anything interesting with it.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:41 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Yomi wrote:So this is why Universe 7 is jobbing everyone; because people get really upset if they are challenged by anything at all. :|
And we can also only have male characters, because any female fighter on ToP besides C18 (how convenient) is an annoying bitch or whatever that should be erased forever...
I've actually seen a lot of hate for C18 as well in the past few months.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Caulifla is a bitch. Ribrianne is a bitch. Yeah, I said it. You know what else? Vegeta is a dick. Why are only two of those things offensive/sexist and the other is not? Am I not just pointing out the obvious here? I like Caulifla a lot, as can be seen in my avatar, but she can be an arrogant bitch just like Vegeta can be an arrogant dick (and let's be honest, that's one of the major reasons why we like characters like Caulifla and Vegeta!). Ribrianne can be an obnoxious, annoying dick, I mean just look at how she treats people who aren't part of U2. The words are literally interchangeable. Not only that, but I'd be more than willing to bet that girls call other girls bitches a lot more than guys call girls bitches. It's just like those complaints about sexism where we overanalyze what female celebrities wear at the red carpet and never comment on what the men are wearing. It's because the only people who care about that stuff are women, guys don't actually give a shit about what guys are wearing, or what designer brand the woman is wearing either. The people scrutinizing what women wear on the red carpet are almost always other women, not men.

Now as for the female fighters being called whores and sluts, the only place I've ever seen those words being used is here, on Kanzenshuu. Except they're not actually used against the characters, they're used just like seen here, where people claim that there's a bunch of people saying these things about the girls, that there's just rampant sexism all over the internet with people calling Caulifla/Kale/Ribrianne/18 whores and sluts. Except I really have to wonder, where is this supposed army of misogynists and sexists lurking? I've been to a lot of places, a lot of different communities. Kanzenshuu, Reddit, YouTube vids and personalities with a spectrum of different views on the characters, hell I've even read the comments of YouTube videos that are solely dedicated to hating on Caulifla's character, and didn't see the comments calling her a whore or a slut either. The few times I've visited the Dragon Ball Super threads on /a/, I never once saw anyone call Caulifla/Kale/Ribrianne/18 a whore or a slut, and this is 4chan we're talking about.

I've seen Ribrianne being attributed to being some secret SJW conspiracy that TOEI is pushing, but out of all of the sites I've visited and the thousands of comments and opinions I've read, I've only seen maybe 5% of people say stupid shit like that.

Are people making up these Men's Rights Activists in their head as an excuse for why people hate these characters? Like, I can count on both hands why Caulifla, Kale, and Ribrianne are hated characters and none of the reasons have anything to do with their gender.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:13 pm

Piccolo isn't screaming in pain. He's clearly transforming. His massive scream will finally reveal the Namekian Book of Legends, which was inside of him all along.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:39 pm

If Piccolo loses next week I vow to quit watching Super forever and will burn all my DVDs to the ground. It will be the final straw that breaks the camels back and will be what "makes or breaks" Super once and for all!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:41 pm

precita wrote:If Piccolo loses next week I vow to quit watching Super forever
And I'll see you again in December 10th! :D Yeah, I know you're joking.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:44 pm

precita wrote:If Piccolo loses next week I vow to quit watching Super forever and will burn all my DVDs to the ground. It will be the final straw that breaks the camels back and will be what "makes or breaks" Super once and for all!
He is going nowhere so the camel will be in good health.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:48 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
precita wrote:If Piccolo loses next week I vow to quit watching Super forever and will burn all my DVDs to the ground. It will be the final straw that breaks the camels back and will be what "makes or breaks" Super once and for all!
Why do people overact all the time to what previews show to us?
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:53 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:
Yomi wrote:So this is why Universe 7 is jobbing everyone; because people get really upset if they are challenged by anything at all. :|
And we can also only have male characters, because any female fighter on ToP besides C18 (how convenient) is an annoying bitch or whatever that should be erased forever...
I've actually seen a lot of hate for C18 as well in the past few months.
Why do people have use insults when talking about characters they don't like? They are not real people! There is no reason for people needing to use those terms. I don't like some characters, but I don't need to use those words when talking about them. It is just wrong and I have some much of it on Kanzenshuu, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and other places on the Internet. What is wrong with people?
Majinwarman

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:55 pm

majinwarman wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
This preview in particular is playing on many people's worst case scenario when it comes to Piccolo being eliminated. Toei are being right evil bastards with this specific preview.

Previews always have misleading parts in it and everyone needs to always remember that.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:59 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
This preview in particular is playing on many people's worst case scenario when it comes to Piccolo being eliminated. Toei are being right evil bastards with this specific preview.

Previews always have misleading parts in it and everyone needs to always remember that.
I understand what you are saying man. But, why do other people have start having a fit or claiming that they are going to drop the show?
Majinwarman

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:13 pm

majinwarman wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote: Why do people overact all the time to what previews show to us?

I understand what you are saying man. But, why do other people have start having a fit or claiming that they are going to drop the show?
That is initial reactions for you. We all do it. When I first saw this preview I was really pissed but that is just the preview doing its job. Piccolo fans are basically getting tortured for a whole week even though I am convinced the preview is misleading.

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:46 pm

They've done nothing in Super that makes me believe they'll do right by Piccolo next week.

If Tenshinhan didnt exist, he'd have the worst treatment in Super so far.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:53 pm

Asura wrote:Caulifla is a bitch. Ribrianne is a bitch. Yeah, I said it. You know what else? Vegeta is a dick...
I don't believe your Vegeta analogy is relevant because it's not popular opinion to call him that and want him off the screen at all times.
As for the thing about whores and sluts. A cursory glance in facebook and youtube comments (mostly reaction channels). It's not hard to find.

I don't wanna waste my time combing through youtube/facebook to find this so I'll just search "Dragon Ball Super sluts" into youtube. 1/4th's way down the page I have an interesting result; keep in mind that content creators are a minority of the community and are usually more reserved.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'll just click the first one (although I know the Kale/Caulifla one is probably worst) and I'm just going to ctrl+ f and search "whore" because it's the other word in contention here.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is is the top comment; and as a side note the first reply to this comment is calling Hop (the cat fighter from universe 9) a bitch, although she's never done anything to earn this name?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Just because we're talking about Ribrianne, I think it would be fun to search "fat bitch" :lol:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
damn... "hoes" is like 2 words away from that one.

I'm a curious guy and I saw this comment right below the one I just presented. So I clicked the time stamp.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
and now even Heles is a bitch, somehow?

This is all in one video, and one comment section; in the first 15 comments.
Anyway I think I've made my point. I'd just be jumping down a rabbit hole if I go any further; and I don't really have the time to go through hundreds of videos and hundreds of comments to find examples. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm just saying don't imply that I'm lying about what I see or something. I've got a long night at work ahead so I'll leave it at that.
:clap:

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:56 pm

Vice wrote:They've done nothing in Super that makes me believe they'll do right by Piccolo next week.

If Tenshinhan didnt exist, he'd have the worst treatment in Super so far.
Why are you letting Piccolo getting hurt in a preview make you think he will just drop out because of Gohan.

He will survive, the next drop out is implied to be in episode 119.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:01 pm

Yomi wrote: This is all in one video, and one comment section; in the first 15 comments.
Anyway I think I've made my point. I'd just be jumping down a rabbit hole if I go any further; and I don't really have the time to go through hundreds of videos and hundreds of comments to find examples. I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm just saying don't imply that I'm lying about what I see or something. I've got a long night at work ahead so I'll leave it at that.
I agree with your point, but YT comments mean nothing. It's mostly 10-12 year olds trying to be edgy.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Yomi wrote:
Asura wrote:Caulifla is a bitch. Ribrianne is a bitch. Yeah, I said it. You know what else? Vegeta is a dick...
I don't believe your Vegeta analogy is relevant because it's not popular opinion to call him that and want him off the screen at all times.
As for the thing about whores and sluts. A cursory glance in facebook and youtube comments (mostly reaction channels). It's not hard to find.

I don't wanna waste my time combing through youtube/facebook to find this so I'll just search "Dragon Ball Super sluts" into youtube. 1/4th's way down the page I have an interesting result; keep in mind that content creators are a minority of the community and are usually more reserved.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'll just click the first one (although I know the Kale/Caulifla one is probably worst) and I'm just going to ctrl+ f and search "whore" because it's the other word in contention here.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This is is the top comment; and as a side note the first reply to this comment is calling Hop (the cat fighter from universe 9) a bitch, although she's never done anything to earn this name?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Just because we're talking about Ribrianne, I think it would be fun to search "fat bitch" :lol:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
damn... "hoes" is like 2 words away from that one.

I'm a curious guy and I saw this comment right below the one I just presented. So I clicked the time stamp.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
and now even Heles is a bitch, somehow?

This is all in one video, and one comment section; in the first 15 comments.
You're basing this all off of one video with only 4k views, and this is now somehow indicative of the community as a whole? Come on, a fringe video with 4k views isn't indicative of jack shit with the community. Now that I look at that picture further, both of those videos are made by the same one guy!

And it's not a popular opinion to call Vegeta a dick? Dude, what? Go and find me a top comment of a popular video with 100+ likes on the comment where the person is calling one of the girls a slut/whore and then we'll talk.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:20 pm

Asura wrote: You're basing this all off of one video with only 4k views, and this is now somehow indicative of the community as a whole? Come on, a fringe video with 4k views isn't indicative of jack shit with the community. Now that I look at that picture further, both of those videos are made by the same one guy!

And it's not a popular opinion to call Vegeta a dick? Dude, what? Go and find me a top comment of a popular video with 100+ likes on the comment where the person is calling one of the girls a slut/whore and then we'll talk.
Now you need me to find a top comment with 100+ votes on a popular youtube video for you to acknowledge that people also call them those names?
Youtube searches only apply to content creators, so of course the only ones with obscenities in the titles are the youtubers who don't care about monitization and reputation. I think you missed my point; but discussions on the internet are rarely resolved so it's whatever.

My point was that people also call them that. That's it.
:clap:

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:27 pm

Yomi wrote:
Asura wrote: You're basing this all off of one video with only 4k views, and this is now somehow indicative of the community as a whole? Come on, a fringe video with 4k views isn't indicative of jack shit with the community. Now that I look at that picture further, both of those videos are made by the same one guy!

Now you need me to find a top comment with 100+ votes on a popular youtube video for you to acknowledge that people also call them those names?
Youtube searches only apply to content creators, so of course the only ones with obscenities in the titles are the youtubers who don't care about monitization and reputation. I think you missed my point; but discussions on the internet are rarely resolved so it's whatever.

My point was that people also call them that. That's it.
Well your point isn't much of a point at all then. There are people in every community who say stupid things, but if they're such a tiny, tiny fraction of people then why is it even worth bringing up?