A complaint about Piccolo in an NEP for an upcoming episode that has not yet aired and I therefore have not seen

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

A complaint about Piccolo in an NEP for an upcoming episode that has not yet aired and I therefore have not seen

Post by Vice » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:55 pm

Why do you hate Piccolo so damned much? Why must he continue to be wasted in whatever continuity he's in? Goddammit man, he doesn't need to by a hype tool for Gohan all of the time.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Really TOEI? Why?

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:58 pm

Vice wrote:Image

Why do you hate Piccolo so damned much? Why must he continue to be wasted in whatever continuity he's in? Goddammit man, he doesn't need to by a hype tool for Gohan all of the time.
The episode hasn't even come out yet.

Chill.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:59 pm

As long as he doesn't get knocked out, it doesn't matter.

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:04 am

JazzMazz wrote:

Chill.
Every time I'm told to let it play out and see how it goes, it always goes badly for Piccolo.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:05 am

Just wait for the episode, man.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:07 am

He's fighting himself from a parallel universe. There's no way to come out of that looking good. But at the same time, it also doesn't look bad.

"In the end, my greatest enemy was myself".

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:08 am

Kataphrut wrote:He's fighting himself from a parallel universe. There's no way to come out of that looking good. But at the same time, it also doesn't look bad.

"In the end, my greatest enemy was myself".
We need to wait and see before we give a verdict about it.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:09 am

Vice wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:

Chill.
Every time I'm told to let it play out and see how it goes, it always goes badly for Piccolo.
Maybe it'll play out differently this time.

Maybe Gohan will also gets his ass-handed to him and they can be father and son together. :lol:

In all seriousness though, I expect Piccolo's performance to at least be decent, though I'm not expecting too much.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:11 am

Vice wrote:Why must he continue to be wasted in whatever continuity he's in?
Dimps actually care for him. He got to be the one who eliminated Botamo and put up a good fight against Cabba in Xenoverse 2's Universe 6 saga. :D Gotta love how we got the point of games being superior than the main series.

Let's see what's in store for Piccolo in Toei's version of Universe Survival saga.
Last edited by Grimlock on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:12 am

Grimlock wrote:
Vice wrote:Why must he continue to be wasted in whatever continuity he's in?
Dimps actually care for him. He got to be the one who eliminated Botamo and put up a good fight against Cabba in Xenoverse 2's Universe 6 saga. :D Gotta love how we got the point of games being superior than the main series.
Meanwhile in the main continuity he gets laughed at by Goku, mocked by Frost and told to GTFO by Vegeta. This is coming off him DYING in the previous arc.

Thanks TOEI.

MegaBossMan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MegaBossMan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:16 am

Should... Should Piccolo not get hit a single time being the complaint I'm seeing here? These are fights, they're not going to be one-sided and both Gohan and Piccolo will receive some pain; it's not that big a deal.
By jove, I've got nothing important to say!

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:27 am

Previews don't tell you anything really.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:35 am

Grimlock wrote: Dimps actually care for him. He got to be the one who eliminated Botamo and put up a good fight against Cabba in Xenoverse 2's Universe 6 saga. :D Gotta love how we got the point of games being superior than the main series.
That's interesting. Didn't know they did that. Is there any more changes?
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:49 am

Just please don't fuck over Piccolo again, TOEI.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:57 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:That's interesting. Didn't know they did that. Is there any more changes?
Yes. Since the tournament got messy, Beerus and Champa decide to do a battle royale (and is indeed a battle royale, not this false advertisement they did for Universe Survival saga, which doesn't feel like a battle royale at all), even those who already got defeated, returned to battle (with a power-up similar to Towa's) and fight against Universe 7's Time Patroller and Goku, the remaining ones at this point.

There are more changes but it's better for you to play this awesome game and experience it, or see Youtube videos.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:01 am

Grimlock wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:That's interesting. Didn't know they did that. Is there any more changes?
Yes. Since the tournament got messy, Beerus and Champa decide to do a battle royale (and is indeed a battle royale, not this false advertisement they did for Universe Survival saga, which doesn't feel like a battle royale at all), even those who already got defeated, returned to battle (with a power-up similar to Towa's) and fight against Universe 7's Time Patroller and Goku, the remaining ones at this point.

There are more chances but it's better for you to play this awesome game and experience it, or see Youtube videos.
I saw the DLC video, it was very meh. The battle royal was just a 2-v-2 and an excused made since they didn't have Magetta or Botamo in the actual game along with Monaka.
Last edited by HeroR on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:10 am

I REALLY hope this moment isn't a Saiyan saga reference, where he sacrifices himself to block an attack for Gohan. That's the vibe I got from seeing this clip, and if THAT'S how they do my man Piccolo, I'll certainly be disappointed.

However, we should probably wait a week to see what happens. No point in getting all heated now when it could just be clever editing to make him look like he's in trouble.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:26 am

Piccolo gets to take center stage in an episode overseen by the series' best regular animation supervisor and episode director. That's better than you can say about Kuririn, who got fucked over for his role in this tournament.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:34 am

You're a few decades late.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:36 am

MegaBossMan wrote:Should... Should Piccolo not get hit a single time being the complaint I'm seeing here? These are fights, they're not going to be one-sided and both Gohan and Piccolo will receive some pain; it's not that big a deal.
The last shot of Piccolo bears a significant resemblance to him saving Gohan from Nappa's attack, hence people are upset that it appears Piccolo might be sacrificing himself to save Gohan for like the 8th time.