So about the U6 namekians?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Whatever
Regular

Re: So about the U6 namekians?

Post by Whatever » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:08 pm

Lionel wrote:I'm of the opinion that the dark hued silhouettes are either a visual representation of the U6 Namekians' culture and history or Saonel and Pirina are discussing their relationship to said Namekians. Could it be a representation of some collective merger? Yes, but like others, I would find it disheartening to believe that the merged powers of so many Namekians amounted to just locking horns with a down on his luck Piccolo and Base Gohan. I mean really, what happened to all that posturing and hype about how the Namekians, more especially the Child of Katatz, was a gifted prodigy who could stand up to the Saiyans, fight Freeza, and handle himself against even the Super Saiyans? If peoples' speculations were to come to pass then what's going on right now would really just be a pale imitation of that former glory. With that said, part of me is preparing to hear that that is the case.
I mean if we are being honest potential/prodigy means nothing in the whole duration of dragonball,especially when Gohan is stronger than Piccolo despite the Child of Katatz starting at a base level of power way stronger than Gohan's(therefore it does not make much sense that Piccolo is inferior),it is just an excuse to justify crazy gains or power ups,after all the real reason Gohan is stronger is because he is Goku's son,so the narrative(or rather Toriyama)holds him in higher regard.