I still don't understand why Universe 2 has a Yardrat

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: I still don't understand why Universe 2 has a Yardrat

Post by Meshack » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:51 pm

HeroR wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
gofishus wrote:There is no official explanation. If they dont explain this, then its another example of Super's bad writing (much like how they didnt bother to explain Super Saiyan Rage or Vegeta's comment about Kale's SSJ form)
I really hesitate to classify "Super Saiyan Rage" anywhere in the same ballpark. The show thematically told you everything you needed to know about it, up through and including his final sword attack. I don't need the metaphysical analysis from other characters to understand it any more than that.

Vegeta's line about the form is right up there with the "Namekian Book of Legends" where it's not particularly offensive, but it's certainly a bit of lore carrot-on-a-stick dangling out there and would be a minor tragedy to go unexplained.

A Yardratian and Tsufruian in some other universe, however, directly contradicts what we've been told in the series up until now. Unlike the Potara retcon which was explained in the same moment it was reintroduced, this contradiction is just sitting there wide open.
This is how I feel too.

To me, Super Saiyan Rage didn't really need explanation since Trunks got mad and he transformed, which is similar to other Super Saiyan forms. We even have Gowasu saying that this was the power of Trunks' rage. The only thing missing was maybe more characters' reactions.

Kale can't really be explained by anyone in the verse since no one knows that the heck it is. U6 didn't even know about Super Saiyan until Cabba met Vegeta and no one in U7 saw such a form before. So not sure what speculation they could have made, especially since 'Broly' doesn't exist within the story of Super.

The Yardratian and the Tuffle is weird since it seems like a plot line that is brought up, but won't be explained until later. I guess it makes sense since no would asked why they're there in the middle of a tournament for survival, where they maybe erased making why they're there a moot point.
From what I’m getting from the show and merchandise, “Super Saiyan Rage” is nothing but Super Saiyan 2 with the “power of Trunks’s rage” I guess you could say. So the character reactions would be really unnecessary if it is just Super Saiyan 2.

Kale has been explained, at least somewhat. Kale, when she transforms into that Broly-like Legendary Super Saiyan form, it is basically Kale going Super Saiyan but she can’t control her power, hence them calling her Kale (Berserk) instead of anything else. Why she has the green hair? Because she is probably and most likely what the Super Saiyan is suppose to look like. Cabbe is full aware that Super Saiyan is suppose to be golden because he saw Gokuh and Vegeta transform into the golden version of Super Saiyan and he has the golden version of Super Saiyan but he calls Kale’s form “Kale’s Super Saiyan” because that’s pretty much what it is but she can’t control her power. Whenever she can control her power, she becomes the slim version of her Super Saiyan but still has the green hair because she is has the legendary Super Saiyan like Broly has Legendary Super Saiyan. They’re just not giving her a different name for it and we as the fans shouldn’t either. It’s just Super Saiyan. As Kefla, though she has green hair, her forms are still called Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 by the characters who are fully aware of the forms and in merchandise.

I’m pretty sure information about the Yadratian and Tsufruian being Representatives of the Second Universe will be brought in the manga most likely since Toyotarou tends to explain things more than the anime. If he doesn’t explain it, it will probably be explained in a magazine or a future guidebook. We don’t need everything handed to us at once. They are fully aware of what they’re doing, especially since almost every knows about the Yardratians teaching Gokuh Shunkan Idou, the conflict between the Saiyans and Tsufruians, and the Nameccians. They were probably chosen for the Second Universe’s team because the Sixth Universe’s team was filled with the addition of two new Saiyans and two new Nameccians. I’m pretty sure we all kinda wanted to see a Yadratian and a Tsufruian sometime and we got one but they couldn’t have been Representatives of the Sixth Universe. Heles and Pell most likely chose Jimmies (Jimeze) and Zarbuto just like Sidra and Roh were going to choose or at least debating to choose Freeza.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Post by puar » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:28 pm

if toei had brain they would make the yardrat in universe 6 instead of dr rota.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:55 am

puar wrote:if toei had brain they would make the yardrat in universe 6 instead of dr rota.
I see you're new here, so I'm not sure how informed you are.

The decision for the Universe's hasn't just come from Toei Animation, the layout was also likely handed down from Akira Toriyama

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:46 am

Meshack wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:Simply bad writing. Just replace Botamo or Magetta with the Yardat(ian) and the issue is resolved.
You can’t call something bad writing if it wasn’t explained. About Botamo and Magetta, the members from the previous tournament needed to participate (Champa said so) so a Tsufruian and Yardratian could not have participated
What i'm saying is, U6 and U7 were explained as twin universes meaning the same is in both universes. I've never seen a metalman in U7 or whatever botamo is. I know our kaioshin is a lazy as old kai explained but it's easier to just use like chars instead of placing one in a non twin universe. It just looks bad to me.

We have frieza's race in both universes, saiyans, and nameks as well. I'm 100% sure there are no saiyans in other universes besides 6 and 7. Keeping it consistent makes the writing clearer and more concise.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:12 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:
Meshack wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:Simply bad writing. Just replace Botamo or Magetta with the Yardat(ian) and the issue is resolved.
You can’t call something bad writing if it wasn’t explained. About Botamo and Magetta, the members from the previous tournament needed to participate (Champa said so) so a Tsufruian and Yardratian could not have participated
What i'm saying is, U6 and U7 were explained as twin universes meaning the same is in both universes. I've never seen a metalman in U7 or whatever botamo is. I know our kaioshin is a lazy as old kai explained but it's easier to just use like chars instead of placing one in a non twin universe. It just looks bad to me.

We have frieza's race in both universes, saiyans, and nameks as well. I'm 100% sure there are no saiyans in other universes besides 6 and 7. Keeping it consistent makes the writing clearer and more concise.
I’m sure they know what they’re doing.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:31 pm

Honestly I doubt there going to explain why U2 has a Yardrat, might be something that's explained in the manga.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:33 am

Meshack wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:
Meshack wrote: You can’t call something bad writing if it wasn’t explained. About Botamo and Magetta, the members from the previous tournament needed to participate (Champa said so) so a Tsufruian and Yardratian could not have participated

I’m sure they know what they’re doing.
not anyway i honestly think Super is strung together by bubblegum and staples.