Erased Universes: Wished Back or Not?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lujin_16
Regular

Erased Universes: Wished Back or Not?

Post by Lujin_16 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:33 am

(Am I the only one that believes) that the erased universes will not be wished back??? I mean it seems like everyone believes (this) but I don't think Super is that predicable and it never was.

There is a reason why we have still 4 universes left who have not participated at the tournament. :shh:

Xeogran
I Live Here

Re: Erased Universes: Wished Back or Not?

Post by Xeogran » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:38 am

I personally think they won't be wished back in this arc, and that's where the next saga comes in. It's time for Freeza to get his wish first.

I mean eventually they WILL return, but not as fast as people think.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:25 am

Xeogran wrote:I personally think they won't be wished back in this arc, and that's where the next saga comes in. It's time for Freeza to get his wish first.

I mean eventually they WILL return, but not as fast as people think.
Yeah, that would be a smart idea
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:09 am

Why would they even have to mention that Zeno already wanted to erase the universes, if they are coming back? Wouldn't the same problem come back up again in the future?
I'm like 99% sure at least the U6 Saiyans will be brought back, but I don't know if all of U6 will and I doubt it will. At the moment I'm predicting they will bring back all the living things (mortals and Gods) back to life, and those people will go to live in the winner's universe, which will probably be U7, along with their planet. From then on they will probably be tasked with improving U7's mortal level.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:23 am

They will be brought back immediately unless Frieza gets the wish.

Frieza could get his wish but the Super Dragon balls don't return as there is no Universe 6.

Tbey then go meet Zarama who is somewhere in Universe 7 so he can create new Super Dragon Balls.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:56 am

With the whole "28 planets of life in Universe 7" tidbit being made, I think the angle will be that all of the erased universes will be brought back the merged with Universe 7 to create a super universe/megaverse. Thus, increasing the amount of life in Universe 7 as well as bringing up their mortal rating.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:03 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:They will be brought back immediately unless Frieza gets the wish.

Frieza could get his wish but the Super Dragon balls don't return as there is no Universe 6.

Tbey then go meet Zarama who is somewhere in Universe 7 so he can create new Super Dragon Balls.
SDB aren't linked to Universe 6 or 7, they just go to that particular area in space..
When they scatter they will be floating in a wide array of nothingness, like Zeno was..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:15 am

It would get awfully crowded in U7 with the equivalent of eight universes all occupying the same general area of space. I might prefer to see them get dispersed throughout the non-participating universes as well; that way each one would only have to shoulder 1-2 each. The logical methodology for dispersal would entail compatibility with that individual universe. So obviously U6 would go to U7 -- which could subsequently lead into a future arc where Goku and Vegeta visit a newly reconstituted Planet Sadala. It also opens the door for some internal strife and conflict by having Hakaishin and Shinjin forced to recognise the authority of their newly occupational celestial hierarchy.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:50 am

Lord Beerus wrote:With the whole "28 planets of life in Universe 7" tidbit being made, I think the angle will be that all of the erased universes will be brought back the merged with Universe 7 to create a super universe/megaverse. Thus, increasing the amount of life in Universe 7 as well as bringing up their mortal rating.
I much prefer this angle over bringing back the Universes as they were. Primarily because it fixes the huge cock-up Toriyama made when he made Frieza the (3rd) strongest being in the Universe way back in 1990. It really limits what's out there.
Lionel wrote:It would get awfully crowded in U7 with the equivalent of eight universes all occupying the same general area of space.
Maybe. The Universes they show consist of one major galaxy but I believe the manga said that there are countless galaxies in the Universe, and if Universe 7's Milky Way is anything like ours it has somewhere between 100-400 billion stars in it and 100 billion planets. Jiya says there are 200 billion stars in the galaxy but I don't know if that's in the same continuity as Jaco or not. Still, that's a ton of space. And I would imagine they'd only take the inhabited planets and/or their accompanying systems rather than everything in the Universe. Most of it is just empty space, gas clouds and uninhabited rocks.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:55 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:With the whole "28 planets of life in Universe 7" tidbit being made, I think the angle will be that all of the erased universes will be brought back the merged with Universe 7 to create a super universe/megaverse. Thus, increasing the amount of life in Universe 7 as well as bringing up their mortal rating.
I much prefer this angle over bringing back the Universes as they were. Primarily because it fixes the huge cock-up Toriyama made when he made Frieza the (3rd) strongest being in the Universe way back in 1990. It really limits what's out there.

But this happening at this stage in the story is meaningless, especially since we've seen U7 has dominated every other universe essentially. So if they merge it doesn't really expand what is out there.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:19 pm

The manga makes it abundantly clear that attempting to undo or retract what Zen'o has decided would likely tick him off and get Goku erased anyway.

Goku, before the tournament specifically says that he will ask Zen'o not to erase the universes, but Whis specifically says asking him to change his mind may result in them being immediately erased.
It seems like a heavily implied implication that undoing whatever Zen'o does will be a VERY VERY bad idea. So the idea of wishing back universes or the people in those universes right there in front of Zen'o seems like a really really bad idea.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:58 pm

TheMikado wrote:The manga makes it abundantly clear that attempting to undo or retract what Zen'o has decided would likely tick him off and get Goku erased anyway.

Goku, before the tournament specifically says that he will ask Zen'o not to erase the universes, but Whis specifically says asking him to change his mind may result in them being immediately erased.
It seems like a heavily implied implication that undoing whatever Zen'o does will be a VERY VERY bad idea. So the idea of wishing back universes or the people in those universes right there in front of Zen'o seems like a really really bad idea.
Zeno's motivation to erase the universes is that there are too many. If Goku/whoever wins the MVP proposes to let all the erased people get transferred to the winning universe, why would Zeno say no? That would be just a very selfless wish and why would they give the Super DBs as a prize if the wishes get limited by Zeno?

The mega-verse theory is very probable to happen and the hints are there.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:05 pm

emperior wrote:
TheMikado wrote:The manga makes it abundantly clear that attempting to undo or retract what Zen'o has decided would likely tick him off and get Goku erased anyway.

Zeno's motivation to erase the universes is that there are too many. If Goku/whoever wins the MVP proposes to let all the erased people get transferred to the winning universe, why would Zeno say no? That would be just a very selfless wish and why would they give the Super DBs as a prize if the wishes get limited by Zeno?

We don't really know what keeping track of the universes is composed of. Its its anything like Beerus and Shins, and King kais, and Kame's job it could have a lot to do with keeping track of mortals too.
Outside of the 28 universes what other hints are there? We know the intention to wish them back is there, but we also know Zen'o is unpredictable. I can't imagine any of the characters except maybe Goku thinking that might be a good idea.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:21 pm

TheMikado wrote: We don't really know what keeping track of the universes is composed of. Its its anything like Beerus and Shins, and King kais, and Kame's job it could have a lot to do with keeping track of mortals too.
Outside of the 28 universes what other hints are there? We know the intention to wish them back is there, but we also know Zen'o is unpredictable. I can't imagine any of the characters except maybe Goku thinking that might be a good idea.
Didn't manga Zeno decide to do it because they had too many pieces left in their game which was making things boring?

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:53 pm

I don't think DBS has the balls to do consecutive tragic arcs. I hope I am surprised. As tragic as the loss of U6 might be, it would be worth it. The fake tension in Super is quite unbearable at times
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:55 pm

emperior wrote:

Makes perfect sense. And is EXACTLY the sort of thing Goku would do. Not difficult to imagine him saying "I want to keep fighting strong fighters; if I wish everyone back I can have a re-match with Jiren, Kefla......"

Seriously - that's him all over.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:08 pm

SonReggie wrote:
emperior wrote:

Makes perfect sense. And is EXACTLY the sort of thing Goku would do. Not difficult to imagine him saying "I want to keep fighting strong fighters; if I wish everyone back I can have a re-match with Jiren, Kefla......"

Exactly. It would be so Goku, and that would also finally change the Gods' idea of Goku as he would be the one who saved all of them considering Zeno was planning erasure. Or, on the other hand, they might see him as a dangerous being for his recklessness and may decide to attack him so we could get Goku fighting all these new introduced Hakaishins who would otherwise go to waste if they were to stay erased forever.
Freeza may also recruit some of the best fighters of the tournament to rebuild his army!
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:41 pm

emperior wrote:
SonReggie wrote:
emperior wrote: Zeno's motivation to erase the universes is that there are too many. If Goku/whoever wins the MVP proposes to let all the erased people get transferred to the winning universe, why would Zeno say no? That would be just a very selfless wish and why would they give the Super DBs as a prize if the wishes get limited by Zeno?

Exactly. It would be so Goku, and that would also finally change the Gods' idea of Goku as he would be the one who saved all of them considering Zeno was planning erasure. Or, on the other hand, they might see him as a dangerous being for his recklessness and may decide to attack him so we could get Goku fighting all these new introduced Hakaishins who would otherwise go to waste if they were to stay erased forever.
Freeza may also recruit some of the best fighters of the tournament to rebuild his army!
So again. What are the hints to this theory that make it probable?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:17 pm

TheMikado wrote:
emperior wrote:
SonReggie wrote:

So again. What are the hints to this theory that make it probable?
U7 having only 28 planets inhabitated by mortals, Zeno wanting to erase the Universes and the hints that Vegeta will visit Planet Sadala (mentioned two times during Super) and that Goku will have a rematch with Hit. Vegeta also stated that he is planning to bring at least the U6 Saiyans back with the Super DBs. I believe that, at the very least, U6 will come back somehow or it will be merged with U7.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:52 pm

It's a waste of worldbuilding if everything stays erased. I also rather to have different Universes, each one with their Gods and characters, than have everything in one big Universe.
But I don't want them back in this arc. Something should go wrong because of Freeza in the end, and in the next arc they would search for Zalama to find way to bring them back.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.