Rate the Tournament of Power Episodes, Part 2: Episodes 107-118

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Rate the Tournament of Power Episodes, Part 2: Episodes 107-118

Post by Tombstone1988 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:28 pm

With the latest episode marking the departure of two more universes, I feel this is a good point to introduce part 2 of my "rate the Tournament of Power" topics. This one will follow the same rules as before: talk about what you feel about the mentioned episodes, what you liked, what could be better, etc.

Episode 107: My favorite episode of this entire arc thus far. This is my current benchmark for the quality of the arc. Everything seemed to work for me when it came to this episode. I liked Frost coming up with a plan on the fly, I liked Frost teaming up with Megetta, I liked Roshi's conclusion for the arc, and I liked there being a legitimate threat to a stronger character (Vegeta) imposed by a weaker one (Frost). The writing, the animation, the action (although somewhat limited)... everything entertained me here. This episode gave me what I craved from previous entries.
-My Verdict: 9.5/10

Episode 108: A definite step down from the previous one, in my opinion. While there were a lot of good elements in this episode, the episode as a whole felt brought down by obvious forced tension with Gohan. After Jimeze kicks him around because he refuses to go all-out, Freeza saves him, chastises him, and he... continues to not go all-out so Jimeze can continue to batter him around? What? And then he DOES go all-out against Freeza, his teammate? Really, Super? Frost's arc also felt like it was cut short here, with Freeza betraying him before the two ever really accomplished anything together. Some enjoyable moments for sure, especially with Freeza, but the writing was very poor this episode.
-My Verdict: 6/10

Episode 109: The first half of the special wasn't as entertaining for me as it was for others. I still thought it was good, but it wasn't the highlight. Goku vs. Ribrianne was very well-animated but rather dull in a narrative sense. Goku vs. Jiren, therefore, felt too short and lacked the substantial "oomph" I think it needed. The Spirit Bomb, while really cool, didn't make much sense. I enjoyed it for what it was, but this was by far the weaker half of the special to me.
-My Verdict: 7/10

Episode 110: The second half of the special was much more entertaining to me. Beerus had excellent characterization, the peanut gallery felt like it provided meaningful commentary this episode, and Ultra Instinct was very impressive. The actual fight was short-lived but a beauty to watch. Much better than the first half of the special, in my opinion.
-My Verdict: 9/10

Episode 111: This episode was doing everything right and then it made a decision that truly baffles me. Hit vs. Jiren was entertaining and seeing Hit unable to overcome Jiren's strength was enjoyable. Hit's ultimate technique was very interesting and could have been the perfect plot device to temporarily remove Jiren from the tournament, in my opinion. However, in what must have been a move to make Jiren look more badass, he breaks through Hit's technique through... sheer power? Then, after KO'ing Hit, he basically takes a nap in order to remove him from the plot instead. So much right, but it failed to capitalize on what would have been a good plot point in my opinion.
-My Verdict: 8/10

Episode 112: Part 1 of what I'll dub the "mini Saiyan arc." I didn't particularly care for this episode, but there was nothing really bad or offensive here. Cabba fights a strong opponent, Vegeta rescues him, Cabba beats strong opponent, Cabba gets eliminated. It was quite a simple episode. The whole "cheap shot" thing was silly, especially since it happens in a POV shot where she's looking directly at Vegeta, therefore she would've seen him raise his hand and fire an energy blast, but it's by no means the worst writing in Super. If people thought this episode was good or great, it really wouldn't come as a surprise to me, as this episode was solid enough. Just not my cup of tea, I guess.

Episode 113: Part 2 of the mini Saiyan arc was very underwhelming to me. Not much of significance actually happened in the episode. You could miss this episode and be perfectly fine following along with the events in episode 114. Part of my issue with the episode, aside from it feeling insignificant, was that the fight didn't really match up with what characters were stating/presenting in the episode. Goku manages to clash with SSJ2 Caulifla just fine; upon powering up to SSJ2 himself, he... continues to clash with SSJ2 Caulifla just fine. I enjoyed Goku using his various techniques, like Afterimage and IT, to throw Caulifla for a loop, but she apparently can adapt and overcome those obstacles no problem, so that entire plot point by Whis gets dismissed. A fine but meaningless episode, in my opinion.
-My Verdict: 5/10

Episode 114: Part 3 of the mini Saiyan arc is practically the opposite of part 2. Events felt more meaningful, impacts actually felt like they had weight (especially in the second half of the episode), the art was absolutely fantastic, and Caulifla and Kale seemed like a team (sometimes...). Basically, almost everything the previous episode did wrong, this episode did right. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, even if it was the introduction to Kefla.
-My Verdict: 8.5/10

Episode 115: Part 4 of the mini Saiyan arc. This episode was possibly worse than episode 113. However, the reason it was worse was different than in 113's case. 113 felt like it lacked purpose; 115 felt like it had a purpose, but that purpose got lost in either bad directing or bad storyboarding. Way too much of this episode was taken up by useless chatter from the peanut gallery. Goku's fight with Kefla didn't have any of the "wow factor" it should have. Stamina felt less and less meaningful. This was a shell of an episode, stuffed full of useless fluff that didn't help the episode in any way.
-My Verdict: 4.5/10

Episode 116: Part 5 and the finale of the mini Saiyan arc. This episode was good, but it could've been better had it been merged with 114 and stripped of the fluff. The first half of this episode dragged on a bit too long, but the second half recovered and gave what I felt was a very satisfying conclusion. An enjoyable episode for sure, but lacking just a bit in actual content.
-My Verdict: 7.5/10

Episode 117: Episode 117 was honestly better than I expected it to be. I went in to the episode with very low expectations and came out surprisingly satisfied. 17 vs. Rozie was nothing special, but Ribrianne vs. 18 was more enjoyable than I initially expected. The episode wasn't without fault, mind you. Ribrianne's final form just being her but enlarged was fairly disappointing. Ribrianne herself felt like a character with more potential than was ever actually shown. A flawed but enjoyable episode.
-My Verdict: 6.5/10

Episode 118: Episode 118 is a very polarizing episode for me. It handled two different universes, 2 and 6, each with a different tone. That dichotomy was actually quite interesting. The character writing in the episode was also quite strong. The ending with both universes being erased was great for dramatic effect as well. However, there were some definite problems with the episode. Gohan and Piccolo's fight, after being teased multiple times, just felt too short. Universe 2 was played as comedy, and I personally didn't care for the comedy they went with. Goku's stamina continues to be baffling. The fact that they wanted to erase both universes in one episode meant things felt rushed. This episode had some very high highs, but also some rather low lows to me.

Overall, I think this second part of the tournament is an improvement on the first part. I found far more episodes enjoyable here than in the previous batch. The writing and storyboarding for Super continue to be an inconsistent mess, but I was left overall satisfied. I'm hoping that the show continues down this road as we (hopefully) begin to wind down for the arc's conclusion.

Those were my thoughts; I'm curious to know what everyone else thought of Super's latest batch of episodes!
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Rate the Tournament of Power Episodes, Part 2: Episodes 107-118

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:38 pm

Luckily, the second half (or second third I guess? Third quarter? God, this is a long arc) of the tournament is where things really pick up. On an individual episode basis, most of these are getting high scores.

107: Let's start off with what may be one of the best episodes in the tournament. It has everything you could want: character development, good direction, interesting matchups (let's throw four characters with almost nothing to do with each other into a fight and see what happens) and most importantly, tension. The return of Freeza forced Frost to be more than a redundant knock-off, and he stepped up. He was a genuinely threatening and effective villain for the episode, and seeing Master Roshi going all out to stop him from ringing out Vegeta was a great underdog moment, as well as the perfect cap to his role in the tournament. The Pride Trooper scene was good too, a little preview of what Jiren would bring to the table two episodes later. 9.5/10

108: Gohan and Freeza's character development are two of the best things to come out of this tournament, and Frost proved himself a great antagonist last episode. WHY WAS THIS EPISODE SO NOTHING? Gohan and Freeza fighting to fool Frost could have been interesting, but all it did was pad out time and make Frost look like a chump. Jimeze's defeat was anticlimactic, which is a shame because he was a pretty cool minor character. The Goku Ribrianne fight was honestly better than anything from the main plot. Only memorable moment was Frost getting erased by Zeno. 4/10

109: This was a fantastic episode that I struggle to remember much from because it was immediately overshadowed by the one that came after. The opening fight e was well-animated and a lot of fun, even if it greatly contributed to Ribrianne being misused. Jiren proved himself a unique and threatening antagonist and the Spirit Bomb summoning set to an orchestral Limit Break x Survivor was epic. On it's own it was a fantastic spectacle that widened the scale of the tournament. But who cares, let's move onto the good stuff. 9/10

110: Ultra Instinct is the best thing to come out of Dragon Ball in a long time, and it's debut was awesome. The buildup, the reveal, the stunning opening attack. All set to an awesome butt-rock insert song. I hope this form remains special for a long time. Meanwhile, the rest of the episode executed great character moments, as we see everyone reacting to Goku's presumed death. The cliffhanger with Hit and Freeza was great too, even if we knew how it would end for both. Truly a hallmark episode. Ka Ka Ka Ka Kachi Daze! 10/10

111: What a come down. There was always going to be some whiplash from the step down in animation quality, but even then there were numerous flaws on display. The main fight was dreary and failed to capitalise on interesting ideas. They could have written an excuse for why the Saiyans didn't break the floor under Jiren while he was frozen, a better way for Jiren to escape than just TOO STRONK, and directed a better climax than a grey man slowly walking towards a purple man, with the camera alternating between a flat wide shot and closeups of his Action Man crotch. Cap it all off with a reused finisher to take out Hit, and the most transparent excuse to keep Jiren from walking all over the rest of the fighters. The best part was the Ribrianne scene, which should tell you everything you need to know. 5/10

112: Much better. While the execution of Hit's defeat last episode was lacking, this episode built on the drama left in his wake. Cabba stepping up to lead his team was a nice moment and the scenes with Saonel and Pirina vs Gohan and Piccolo, and Caulifla and Kale were great. I'm not a huge fan of the Vegeta and Cabba dynamic, especially not compared to Goku/Caulifla, but they made it work here. The promise between them was a good moment that made me hopeful for the ending of the tournament, when we finally get to it. 8/10

113: I like that thanks to this episode, I don't have to defend 100 any more. What made 100 good was the fun dynamic between Goku and Caulifla, and this episode was basically that but without all the Broly shenanigans. The biggest problem was choosing to focus entirely on this fight at the expense of any other narrowed the scope compared to the last few episodes, and led to a lot of padding. It would have been better to break this fight up over a few episodes to squeeze in some different content. Still pretty good in it's own right. 7/10

114: Yep, pretty pretty shiny shiny art. Aside from that, this was a great showcase of character development informing action. This is what 101 should have been, with Kale fully controlling her power and teaming up with Caulifla in an all out fight with Goku that showcased the difference between the three fighters perfectly. Kefla's introduction was an awesome moment, that later episodes would unfortunately fail to fully live up to. 9/10

115: Another come-down. This was another episode that felt like it could have been broken up. After a promising debut, Kefla turning out to be just another over-confident fusion was a disappointment, It wasn't terrible, it just wasn't great either. I can barely remember most of it save for the return of you-know-what at the end. 5/10

116: KA KA KA KA KACHI DAZE 10/10

117: Oh my god, this was actually really good. So much could have gone wrong. It was following up a fantastic fight between the aces of Universe 7 and 6 with a fight between some mid-tier fighters who should have probably gone out a while ago. Ribrianne had been so poorly handled in her last episodes, most people were sick of her. And ultimately, it would cement the issue of bad matchups plaguing the tournament by having the alleged strongest members of a team be easily defeated by some average Universe 7 fighters. In spite of all that, the writing and character moments turned a potential stinker into a darkhorse hit. 18 going all 'Rules of Nature' on Giant Ribrianne was fun, but what made it work was the thematic elements behind it. Colour me impressed. 8/10

118: I wasn't expecting anything from this episode. I was worried it was just going to be Universe 7 playing cleanup on the dregs of 2 and 6 now the hyped up aces had all fallen out. Instead, we got Universe 2's freshly-minted Beautiful Boys putting on a fabulous last stand, while the Universe 6 Namekians gave us interesting lore and a great fight once they got the ball rolling. It did wonders for Gohan and Piccolo, who up until now had been a little too co-dependent. This episode showed them fight as equals while also giving them distinct roles and motivations. The final Father-Son Kamehameha/Uncle Special Beam Cannon was awesome (again, set to that wonderful orchestral theme) and the erasures were handled perfectly. Universe 2 went out in a way that was perfectly them, while Universe 6 was bittersweet. I'll miss these guys. 9.5/10

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:47 pm

I'm going purely off of the screenshots in my folder and seeing what I remember based on those. I did this for the Part 1 thread too; off I go!

107: Cool storyboarding; that scene at Champa's and those individual shots of each universe along with its symbol/trademark sign.

108: Ribrianne gave Goku goosebumps. Freeza rescued Gohan.

109/110: The special was a lot of fun; the animation was really cool, so was the art.

111: The Hit vs Jiren episode. I was far more invested in the next episode preview for 112 because of that Vegeta making Goku smile bit.

112: Turns out the smile scene was longer than the preview eluded and was actually about how "saiyans will live on" and such. Cabba fought and lost this episode? Pretty sure.

113: Goku vs Caulifla and Kale pt 1. It was ok. I liked how Caulifla and Goku got along. She's the daughter he never had.

114: Goku vs Caulifla and Kale pt 2 only TAKAHASHI!! :mrgreen: I loved the character models in this episode. It oozed the best parts of late Z's anime's art style. Bonus getting to see ssjg Goku in this style. Can't wait for Takahashi to return.

115: The week my browser's update bestowed upon me an actual screenshot button so I no longer have to play the fingers hovered over alt and printscreen game ever again presumably. So much time was saved. Truly the future is now. Also Goku vs Caulifla and Kale pt 3, but with less impressive character models.

116: Goku vs Caulifla and Kale pt 4, only with ultra instinct on Goku's part and a brilliant light show of ki attacks on Kalefla's.

117: 18 vs Ribrianne. I enjoyed how goofy-cartoony this was at parts along with how cool the ending where 17 and 18 take on giant!Ribrianne.

118: I hope there's still more of the trio of 17, 18, and special guest Goku in later episodes because I'm loving them as a trio. Substitute!Ribrianne reminded me of the Para Para Bros even more than regular Ribrianne's design. The send-off of U2 and U6 were very well done. Cameos by Nail and Kami were surprisingly neat.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:30 am

I think this second half of the tournament is a massive improvement over the first. There has been a whole lot more focus, and its generally felt more structured, in the sense it feels like episodes actually flow into one another.

Here's how I would rate the episodes.

107: Really good from pretty much every perspective. Every character was handled well, the action was well executed and the content is fantastic.
Rating:Good

108: A let down considering this was the first Freeza orientated episode, really didn't have much going for it and killed a lot of the momentum from the previous episode.
Rating:Bad

109-110: Easily Supers strongest outing, though there definitely some minor gripes I have with these episodes, they are only minor, and the important stuff was fantastically well executed.

111: This episode killed the momentum from the special and it wasn't particularly well handled in really any respect.

112: A really well handled episode with strong characterization production values and direction.

113: A decent start to the fight, I liked the emphasis on strategy and improvement, however, it does distract from pretty much everything else that is going on in the tournament and doesn't offer much narratively.
Rating:OK

114: Does a good job of continuing the momentum from last episode, but still suffers the same problem as the last one. Though it has very atmospheric visuals and some decent characterization, the fight is really starting to wear itself thin and I found it actually a little lacklustre as a fight when compared to its predecessor.

115: This is easily the worst episode of this fight, all momentum has been killed, the narrative content is dull, and even the presentation of the fight is uninteresting, it really doesn't have much going for it at all.

116: Easily the most exciting installment of the fight, the action is well presented, the fight itself is at least somewhat interesting narratively and the final fight scene is easily one of the coolest things to come out of modern DB. Despite this, it still suffers from just being an episode about a single fight in a tournament filled with dozens of fighters, and as much as I liked it, it doesn't progress the tournament much narratively.
Rating: Decent

117: Though I felt the first half was a little slow, I at least enjoyed the characterization within that half, and it at least served as a decent set-up for things that were going to happen in the next episode, unlike the U6 Saiyan fight, which just kind of served to interupt the flow of the tournament and didn't really further the tournament much narratively. The second half more than makes up for the fairly inactive first half was some really interesting action and decent characterization.
Rating:Decent/Good

118: Another episode I liked a lot despite having a weaker first half, which mainly suffered from animation re-use. Though I didn't particularly like the U2 magical boys, I felt they at least demonstrated the point about fighters going to extreme lengths in order to survive, though I think the universe 6 Nameks better encapsulated this point. The second half was absolutely fantastic, the charactersation was on point and everything in that half was presented seamlessly well.
Rating:Decent/Good

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:43 am

#107 was nice. Ishitani, Nakamura and Nagamine rock. Despite being a restrained SB for Nagamine's standards, it was still pretty effective and Ishitani doing her job outstandingly well supervised by Nakamura made Frost a standout character for once.
Rating : Good

#108 was awful. Only watched 5 minutes before quitting.
Rating : Bad

#109-#110 is DBS' strongest in terms of animation. I wasn't interested in Jiren and Gokuu, so it kind of felt like an empty spectacle to me. But, Tate put out his strongest work and Onishi did great too, so gotta give it a thumbs up.

#111. Same as #108. Awful. Disappointing given the staff involved. I quit halfway through. Hit and Jiren are some of the most boring badasses in anime ever. Oh, and the green sky thing is ugly.

#112-#113. I didn't watch it. No opinion.

#114. Nostalgic art from Takahashi and some really nice interactions from Cauli and Kale made it a pretty entertaining episode. Green sky being ugly aside.

#115. Meh. I much prefer Kale and Cauli as separate characters as opposed to fused. The fight was pretty lackluster as well. Poorly SB'd and directed.

#116. Gokuu is not at all tolerable at this point, but it was somewhat entertaining surprisingly. Sonoda SB had interesting attention to action and Higashide did good. Not a fan of Otsuka's contribution again though.
Rating : OK

#117. Fun. Onishi hitting it out of the park again. Nice interactions between #17 and #18. And, Ribrainne being hella entertaining as always. Oh, and Rozie's battle screams are the best. Yashima's AD work was fine as well.

#118. I didn't watch it. No opinion.

The narrative disaster this arc is and its poorly structured fight after fight formula with absolutely little to no tone/character establishment and the setting getting even worse than before continues, so it doesn't really make it a better second half. But, there are production improvements and that is commendable. Kale, Cauli and Ribrainne added entertainment value which is a positive as well.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:15 am

I don't even remember what I scored the first 10 episodes, but whatever.

107: Very good. I really enjoy Frost as a villain, more than most people do, and this episode did a great job with him. Muten Roshi and Vegeta working together was also something I never thought I would see, but it was surprisingly well done. One if the few times Vegeta has had good screen time this arc. And speaking of the Muten Roshi, he was handled FANTASTICALLY this arc. It got a little shaky during the Yurin episode, sure, but everything else with him has been great. They did one of my favorite characters justice, and I'm really happy about that. 9/10

108: A bit of a nothing episode, honestly. After such a good Frost episode, he was surprisingly pretty bad here. Freeza carried this episode, and I liked the dynamic he had with Gohan. I love what they're doing with him. 6/10

109/110: I'm counting these as one, because it's supposed to be seen as one. What can I say other than it was fantastic. Probably my second favorite episode(s) in Super overall. Fantastic animation, great new music pieces, epic moments, Ultra Instinct, the list goes on. Many people hate Jiren, but I like that what he represents. He's not the best antagonist by any means, but I find him interesting and intimidating. I want to see more of him. 10/10

111: Pretty nice follow up, but a bit of a let down overall. Hit vs Jiren was pretty interesting, but I felt that Hit's plan in the end was pretty dumb. Why couldn't Cabba and co. shoot Jiren off while he was frozen? At least try it, even if it fails. Hit going out this early on was also pretty shocking, considering how he's supposed to be the man of U6. 7.5/10

112: I honestly don't remember much from this one. Cabba and Vegeta had their little dynamic going on, and someone finally mentioned resurrecting other Universes for the first time this episode. Cabba's fight wasn't really interesting, but that's mostly because Cabba himself isn't interesting. He's too "generic." He can't carry an episode by himself and it shows. 7/10

113: The Goku teacher episode. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Caulifla slowly learning how to fight was interesting, and Goku showing off his superior skills was also cool. I really like it when they show off how good of a fighter Goku is, and not just focus on his strength. This is also the start of the 4 episode long fight with the Saiyan girls, making it the second longest continuous fight in Super. 8/10

114: Takahashi is a god. More of the same as last episode, but everything just looks better. Not much else to say. Kafla's intro was pretty well done too. 8.5/10

115: Not great. After 2 good build up episodes, they left a lot to be desired with this one. The "Ultimate Battle" track should not have been played here, considering what happens next episode. I don't think it's a terrible episode, but it's clearly the worst of the 4 episodes revolving the girls. The ending is pretty much the only reason I'm giving it a 6 and not a 4 or 5. 6/10

116: Ultra Instinct is awesome. It's such a great concept. I also like how they put a limit on Goku, explaining hiw he can't use it while he attacks. Goku's fight with Kafla was crazy good. The animation was much better than most thought, and the ending was just breathtaking. "Ultimate Battle" was used in a very fitting moment, unkike last episode. And then there's the kamehameha. Boy, that's a top 5 kamehameha ever. So stylish and smooth. 9/10

117: A good Ribrianne focused episode. Unlike her previous appearances where she was basically a Team Rocket villain, they used her properly here. Great send off for a great parody character. The Androids were also great here. 17 and particularly 18 had great moments. 18 being the one to defeat Ribrianne was great. 8/10

118: Boy, what an episode. The Namekians were much cooler than I thought they would be. I liked how they absorbed most of their people for the sake of survival, it really added to the stakes of the tournament. It makes me feel bad for them. The U2 guys taking on Ribrianne and co's powers was something I never saw coming. They somehow managed to add more to the magical girl parody even though Ribrianne herself is out. The Gohan and Piccolo dynamic felt like it evolved this episode, too. Man, so much good stuff packed into one episode. The Beerus and Champa scene at the end was very sad. Beerus saying "say something" after Champa died was powerful. Fantastic episode, probably the second best of the tournament. I didn't even mention the great direction and Tate doing his thing. 9.5/10

The tournament keeps getting better and better. The first 10 episodes I thought were overall good, but they had some real stinkers in there (97, 100, 106). The worst I can call any of these episodes is mediocre, and that's basically the Freeza and first Kafla episode (108 and 115). So far, so good. I can't wait to see the finale and how it plays out.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:27 pm

Episode 107: Very good. Great character moments, action and animation. 9/10

Episode 108: Decent second half with Freeza and Frost, but forgettable first half with Goku vs Ribrianne. 6/10

Episode 109: Everything was great aside from the bench talking scenes, I feel like there was just way too much talking from the people on the bench and they were annoying. I know this is a minor nitpick, but I also hated how both Ribrianne and Goku got help from the people on the bench in this episode, isn't that against the rules? 8/10

Episode 110: Same as 109, everything was amazing, but too much talking from the people on the bench. 8.5/10

Episode 111: Forgettable fight between 2 characters a lot of people in the community wanted to see fight. It wasn't a bad episode, but it wasn't as meremorable as I expected it to be. 5.5/10

Episode 112: I am not the biggest Cabba fan in the world, but I actually really liked this episode. I thought the fight between Cabba and Monna was very good and beautifully animated, and him turning SSJ2 was a nice way to end his story for this arc. 9/10

Episode 113: Very forgettable and once again, just way too much talking from the people on the bench. 5/10

Episode 114: Way better fight scenes, great animation, good teamwork from Kale and Caulifla, and an ending that still gives me chills. 9/10

Episode 115: All around forgettable. 4/10

Episode 116: The fight between Goku and Kefla was way better in this episode. Great animation and Goku's kamehameha was epic. First half of the episode did drag a bit though. 8/10

Episode 117: One of my favorite episodes of the entire franchise. Great first half with Vegeta trying to get Ultra Instinct, 17 and 18 having an emotional brother-sister moment, and them saving Goku from Universe 2. Second half was even better. The way Rozie and Ribrianne went out were absolutely amazing. Loved the teamwork between 17 and 18, I loved how protective 17 was towards 18, I loved how 18 showed Ribrianne what love really love, loved the soundtracks, loved the animation, I loved everything about this episode. My only minor nitpick about this episode is Ribrianne getting once again help from the people on the bench. 10/10

Episode 118: This episode had way too much reused animation, but there were a lot of great character moments in this episode, good comedy with Goku, the Androids and Caulifla and an enjoyable fight scene between the Universe 6 Namekians and Gohan and Piccolo. Don't know what else to say. 7/10
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:09 pm

My Ratings:
Episode 107
Great Storyboard, art, action, and tricked people into believing that Vegeta was going to go. Score: 9 out 10
Episode 108
It had a weird vibe from it. It was still good and think it could be better. Score: 7 out of 10
Episode 109
Cool fight, weird pacing but still great. Score: 8 out of 10
Episode 110
From my friend Goku Black, "Subrashi" Score: 10 out of 10
Episode 111
What we call whiplash episode. Also, the fight was poorly written but still good. Score: 6 out of 10
Episode 112
Loving Recovery and greatly better writing. Score: 8 out of 10
Episode 113
Don't really care for the Saiyan girls but good opening to the mini-Goku v. U6 Saiyan arc. Score: 7 out of 10
Episode 114
The art was amazing and the fight was really heating up. Score: 8 out of 10
Episode 115
This episode was the worst of the mini-arc but still good. Score: 6 out of 10
Episode 116
"Subrashi" again Score: 10 out 10
Episode 117
Better than expected espically what Ajay was telling us. Score: 6 out of 10
Episode 118
Sad goodbye for U6. Good fight against the Namekians. I still don't mind U2, but it could be worse. Score: 7 out of 10
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:35 am

Episode 107: Frost stole the fucking show. He was fantastically written. Roshi and Vegeta teaming up was great and Roshi's exit from the tournament was awesome. 9/10

Episode 108: Frost's conclusion to his subplot felt nature to his character, if a little anticlimactic. The backstabber got backstabbed by a chronic backstabber. Frost being erased on the spot shocked the shit out of me. 7/10

Episode 109: The only real hiccup in that episode was Vegeta not giving energy for the Genki Dama. What was up with that? Other than that, this was a high point for Super. 9.5/10

Episode 110: This was a perfect episode. I don't throw around the word "perfect" so loosely in describing an episode of Dragon Ball, but this was it. Just... perfect. This was everything I wanted out of Super and so much more. The raw tension, the fantastic animation, the great direction, the awesome new insert song and the brilliant cliffhanger ending. This episode, for me, truly vindicated the existence of Dragon Ball Super. This is Dragon Ball Super's magnum opus and the debut of Ultra Instinct is a major highlight for the franchise. 10/10

Episode 111: Hit vs Jiren was excellent. Even though we knew the forgone conclusion, the battle was still incredible tense. And really emphasised how much Hit's character has evolved since the Champa arc. Hit being eliminated before the halfway point was a huge shock. And Jiren is such a fucking monster that you can't help but be in awe. 8.5/10

Episode 112: The was basically a Vegeta/Cabba episode, but more-so focused on Cabba. And it worked very well given their dynamic. Vegeta provided Cabba with an added incentive to keep on fighting that referenced to an earlier conversation about Planet Sadala between the two of them all the way back to the Champa arc. That was a really nice callback and I'm glad it played into not only such a cool moment for Cabba later, but also showed how much Vegeta's character has evolved with how he made the promise to use the Super Dragon Balls to resurrect Universe 6 should he win the Tournament Of Power. Cabba becoming a SSJ2 and defeating Monna was awesome. And so was him not running away and being defiant to the end when Golden Freeza had him on the ropes and he was out of energy. 7.5/10

Episode 113: This episode was nothing more than a big fight between Goku, Caulifla and Kale and I found it pretty good. 7/10

Episode 114: A lot of people will only remember this episode for it great artstyle, and yes, this episode had great artstyle worth remembering. But this episode for me was the episode where Kale grew as a character beyond being a Broly clone and that was so much more important to me because I really wanted this character to be more than what she was. And I'm glad solid characterisation finally kicked in for her. 9/10

Episode 115: One of the more weaker episodes of the tournament so far, especially given its premise on paper. Goku vs Kafla was fun... enough. But it just didn't have that extra "oomph" to it. I don't know what it wa specifically about the fight, but it just felt a little underwhelming. I did enjoy the aspect that Goku was running on fumes and up against SSJ Kafla he had no choice but to use the Kaioken as he had no chance of beating SSJ Kafla. That aspect of "will Goku win in time" was nice subtle plotline to help raise the tension of the battle between the two of them. 6/10

Episode 116: Goku dodged a huge ki blast in mid-air while grinding on it with his fully charged Kamehameha and blasted his opponent in the face with it to eliminate her. Nuff fucking said. 10/10

Episode 117: Much like Episode 105, this was an episode that spectacularly over-delivered on it's very uninteresting premise on paper. Android 18 and 17 interactions were the highlight of the episode. They were just so well done because of how mature, grounded and relatable the context of their conversations were. This was the kind of stuff I wanted to see in Tournament Of Power when it was announced that Android 17 would be returning to the show for the arc specifically. And I'm so glad they handled the two of them so well. The two of them teaming up to take down Giant Ribrianne was just cherry on top of the cake. Android 18 breaking free from Ribrianne's love tentacle... trap... thing with the motivation of Krillin from the sidelines, as well of thinking of Krillin and Marron, was just wonderful. It reminded me a lot of Battle Of Gods, where Goku, in remembering who he was fighting to protect, gained second wind to prevent Beerus from destroying Earth. Just awesome. When Super brings it's "A" game into characterization, it really is something to behold. 9/10

Episode 118: A shockingly stellar episode that captured the feeling of a battle royale with the spectacular battles happening at the same time, whilst also heightening the stakes and making you feel emotional at the lose of the universes and its central characters when all is said and done. 9.5/10

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:38 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Episode 107: Frost stole the fucking show. He was fantastically written. Roshi and Vegeta teaming up was great and Roshi's exit from the tournament was awesome. 9/10

Episode 108: Frost's conclusion to his subplot felt nature to his character, if a little anticlimactic. The backstabber got backstabbed by a chronic backstabber. Frost being erased on the spot shocked the shit out of me. 7/10

Episode 109: The only real hiccup in that episode was Vegeta not giving energy for the Genki Dama. What was up with that? Other than that, this was a high point for Super. 9.5/10
Bm
Episode 110: This was a perfect episode. I don't throw around the word "perfect" so loosely in describing an episode of Dragon Ball, but this was it. Just... perfect. This was everything I wanted out of Super and so much more. The raw tension, the fantastic animation, the great direction, the awesome new insert song and the brilliant cliffhanger ending. This episode, for me, truly vindicated the existence of Dragon Ball Super. This is Dragon Ball Super's magnum opus and the debut of Ultra Instinct is a major highlight for the franchise. 10/10

Episode 111: Hit vs Jiren was excellent. Even though we knew the forgone conclusion, the battle was still incredible tense. And really emphasised how much Hit's character has evolved since the Champa arc. Hit being eliminated before the halfway point was a huge shock. And Jiren is such a fucking monster that you can't help but be in awe. 8.5/10

Episode 112: The was basically a Vegeta/Cabba episode, but more-so focused on Cabba. And it worked very well given their dynamic. Vegeta provided Cabba with an added incentive to keep on fighting that referenced to an earlier conversation about Planet Sadala between the two of them all the way back to the Champa arc. That was a really nice callback and I'm glad it played into not only such a cool moment for Cabba later, but also showed how much Vegeta's character has evolved with how he made the promise to use the Super Dragon Balls to resurrect Universe 6 should he win the Tournament Of Power. Cabba becoming a SSJ2 and defeating Monna was awesome. And so was him not running away and being defiant to the end when Golden Freeza had him on the ropes and he was out of energy. 7.5/10

Episode 113: This episode was nothing more than a big fight between Goku, Caulifla and Kale and I found it pretty good. 7/10

Episode 114: A lot of people will only remember this episode for it great artstyle, and yes, this episode had great artstyle worth remembering. But this episode for me was the episode where Kale grew as a character beyond being a Broly clone and that was so much more important to me because I really wanted this character to be more than what she was. And I'm glad solid characterisation finally kicked in for her. 9/10

Episode 115: One of the more weaker episodes of the tournament so far, especially given its premise on paper. Goku vs Kafla was fun... enough. But it just didn't have that extra "oomph" to it. I don't know what it wa specifically about the fight, but it just felt a little underwhelming. I did enjoy the aspect that Goku was running on fumes and up against SSJ Kafla he had no choice but to use the Kaioken as he had no chance of beating SSJ Kafla. That aspect of "will Goku win in time" was nice subtle plotline to help raise the tension of the battle between the two of them. 6/10

Episode 116: Goku dodged a huge ki blast in mid-air while grinding on it with his fully charged Kamehameha and blasted his opponent in the face with it to eliminate her. Nuff fucking said. 10/10

Episode 117: Much like Episode 105, this was an episode that spectacularly over-delivered on it's very uninteresting premise on paper. Android 18 and 17 interactions were the highlight of the episode. They were just so well done because of how mature, grounded and relatable the context of their conversations were. This was the kind of stuff I wanted to see in Tournament Of Power when it was announced that Android 17 would be returning to the show for the arc specifically. And I'm so glad they handled the two of them so well. The two of them teaming up to take down Giant Ribrianne was just cherry on top of the cake. Android 18 breaking free from Ribrianne's love tentacle... trap... thing with the motivation of Krillin from the sidelines, as well of thinking of Krillin and Marron, was just wonderful. It reminded me a lot of Battle Of Gods, where Goku, in remembering who he was fighting to protect, gained second wind to prevent Beerus from destroying Earth. Just awesome. When Super brings it's "A" game into characterization, it really is something to behold. 9/10

Episode 118: A shockingly stellar episode that captured the feeling of a battle royale with the spectacular battles happening at the same time, whilst also heightening the stakes and making you feel emotional at the lose of the universes and its central characters when all is said and done. 9.5/10
Sums it up for me

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:21 pm

107: 8/10
  • At first I just thought this episode was okay, but I rewatched it a day later and damn, it's a pretty good episode. The Vegeta & Roshi team-up was spectacular and the way the episode flowed made it all the better. Roshi was given one hell of a send-off and some amazing spotlight. I just wish some other characters would have gotten the same treatment like Piccolo for example. I never cared much for Frost, always thought he was just a really lame Freeza, but he really came into his own in this episode, and it was fun to watch him. Plus that cut at the very beginning from him talking to Champa and then back to the tournament was beautiful. I wouldn't say it blew me away, but definitely a great episode.
108: 5/10
  • This episode isn't very memorable at all. Boring, overly contrived and pointless team-up between Freeza and Frost that resulted in absolutely nothing. Freeza could have at least given him orders before betraying him. The fight between Gohan and Freeza was silly and obvious from the beginning, and it was also very obvious Freeza wasn't going to betray U7 because of the peanut gallery yelling about it before anything has even happened. Gohan looked absolutely pitiful in this episode. This episode is the literal definition of fake tension, with Gohan almost getting eliminated twice and still refusing to transform for god knows what reason. Pretty poor episode all around, at least seeing Frost wiped out of existence was pretty cool.
109/110: 10/10
  • Despite technically being two episodes, these episodes were made to be watched seamlessly with each other without any breaks. Some streaming websites like FUNi had it all as one seamless episode, so that's what I'm going to be counting it as. This is the absolute pinnacle of Super, by far and wide. Super will never be as good as Z, but this episode can EASILY be ranked among even the best episodes of Z. This episode is just about a complete masterpiece. It's got it all. Art, animation, incredible soundtrack, amazing insert song, tension, new transformation, it's just great. This is also the debut of Ultra Instinct which has an amazing design and concept. Initially I felt that this episode was too rushed, but given it's only supposed to be a small taste and not the finale, I think it's alright now in terms of pacing. My only complaints about this special was that there was too much talking from the peanut gallery while the fight was going on, and Vegeta is once again written like an idiot. Can't wait to see how the finale tops this.
111: 8/10
  • This was a pretty good episode, and Hit had a pretty intense fight with Jiren. Obviously it's going to be a lot worse than the special that came right before it, so I hope people lowered their expectations before judging this one. I felt like it was a bad writing decision to eliminate Hit. After trapping Jiren so that he can't move at all, Jiren then breaks out of it, eliminates Hit, and goes back to meditating... where he's not moving at all... Why couldn't they just have Hit bind Jiren in place for a few episodes instead? It would have temporarily written both of them out of the tournament and Toppo and Dyspo could have been held off by other fighters in the meantime, like with Vegeta. Overall though, not a bad episode, just a bit disappointing.
112: 7/10
  • An OK episode which featured Cabba getting manhandled by a fat blob and generally looking like a useless piece of shit until he finally gets a damn break and goes SSJ2. Woah, some actual focus on Cabba's character? Color me surprised! Too bad he's literally eliminated like a minute afterwards by Freeza. Vegeta jumping in and saving Cabba as well as revealing that he'll revive Cabba and U6 back with the Dragon Balls when he wins was great character development. In fact, it may be the only character development Vegeta has received in this tournament, because for the most part he's been regressing from his fantastic development in the Future Trunks arc. The episode ends with Caulifla finally back at full power thanks to Cabba, and challenges Goku so that she can become stronger as the last hope of U6 along with Kale.
113: 6/10
  • Episode 113 really didn't need to exist. The plot does not advance at all with this episode, and there's no real development or change in any of the characters here. Caulifla's rematch with Goku is better than their first match in Episode 100, but not by much. Animation was pretty standard and boring, which made this episode also boring to get through. It's not without its positives though. SSJ3 looked pretty awesome and it wasn't all just punches and ki blasts. They also tried to explain how Caulifla is a brawler and Goku is a martial artist and the difference between them, but that's thrown out the window pretty fast.
114: 10/10
  • Woah, I can't believe they're still making episodes of DBZ in 2017! By far the most beautiful episode in Super, possibly even the most beautiful episode in the entire franchise, and Takahashi only spent THREE WEEKS working on this masterpiece, whereas the average is usually 7-8 weeks for a standard episode. Absolutely insane. When this episode began and Kale started transforming and Goku looked like he literally came right out of an episode of Z, I had to pause it and rewind just because I was so busy being in awe by the artwork that I was missing out on what was actually happening story-wise. The artwork isn't what makes this episode a 10/10 alone though, the fight was fantastic and they did a really good job of showing Caulifla and Kale fighting with teamwork against Goku. Can't forget about Goku's spirit gun either, pew pew. The episode ends with the birth of Kefla, and the soundtrack is so on point in demonstrating how powerful she is, as well as her accidentally speeding past Goku because of her power. Goku has the best "OH FUCK" face I've ever seen on him, like he's in complete shock. So good! Surely the fight with Kefla after this episode will be great, right? ...Right?
115: 6/10
  • Ya dun goofed, Super. This episode was so mediocre it hurt. The fight was so boring, and the art work was really meh even ignoring the fact that it came after the most beautiful episode ever. What makes it even worse is they start playing the Ultra Instinct theme song for SSB Goku vs Kefla, and it's just so wrong. You've got this amazing hype insert song playing over an incredibly mediocre fight that is basically just a bunch of ki blasts and smacking each other around with no real choreography. To make matters worse, Kitano draws Kefla like she's an oiled up Barbie doll fresh out of her packaging. In some shots she literally looks like she's 9 years old with how her proportions are drawn and it's a stark contrast with how Kefla looked at the beginning of the episode and the end of 114, as well as 116. Such a disappointing episode, but it ends with a hype reveal (by Takahashi again!) of Ultra Instinct activated for a second time.
116: 10/10
  • Possibly one of Super's best fights in its entirety, this episode was so desperately needed after the extremely mediocre display of 115, and I wondered how they'd handle Ultra Instinct a second time around. Surely it won't be anywhere near as good as the special and some of the magic will be gone if it looks bad, but nope, Ultra Instinct was just as great here as it was in 109/110. This fight was so excellently storyboarded and choreographed and had so many beautiful shots, like Kefla and Goku's staredown as they're both falling down the "mountain" (I dunno what else to call it). Goku starts talking for the first time again, meaning that Ultra Instinct doesn't turn him into a mute. I'm kinda disappointed by this, but I also love the cockiness he displays, saying lines like "You can't defeat what I am now." which reminds me of SSJ4 Goku's line to Baby.

When the insert song starts playing again, this time it's for real. This time, it is more than deserved for this fight. The end of the fight with Goku jumping from rock to rock charging his Kamehameha while Kefla erupts, shooting energy blasts all over the place in an attempt to hit Goku who dodges every single attack. It's a decent strategy when you're up against an opponent who keeps dodging. That Kamehameha though, holy shit. Literally the best Kamehameha in the entire franchise. That was some sick Tony Hawk shit followed by a point-blank Kamehameha smashing into Kefla's face, obliterating her so hard she splits into two people! Also, Kefla was much more likeable in this episode than in 115. She was funny and pretty cool here, whereas in 115 she was just straight up annoying.
117: 7/10
  • I was expecting this episode to be really mediocre, but it actually wasn't bad. I'm personally not that big a fan of the 18 vs Ribrianne match-up, it just doesn't excite me too much, but it was done quite well and 17 being in the episode is always a plus. I honestly don't have much to say on this one. It was definitely above average, but nothing that excited me too much, like I said. Ribrianne being eliminated definitely brings the score of this episode up, I'd say. Good lord what a horribly written character.
118: 8/10
  • The first time I watched this episode I thought well, that was pretty damn underwhelming and mediocre. I gave it another watch the next day and I enjoyed it a lot more, but I still have absolutely no idea what people find in this episode that makes them rank it as one of the top episodes in the series, some even saying it is THE top episode in the series. Goku, 17, and 18 is such a wonderful team-up and I love the irony in the fact that they were first introduced in Z as androids that were built to kill Son Goku, and now they're the only ones on the team that are constantly protecting him and standing nearby. I liked Goku, 17, and 18 fighting at the same time as Gohan and Piccolo in two different fights, but I also felt that splitting up the fights like this and having both fights end in the same episode made it feel rushed, and while the fight between Goku and U2 seemed to be paced accordingly, the pacing of the Gohan vs Piccolo fight was really quite poor and was something that needed two back to back episodes in my opinion. The reveal that Saonel and Pirina fused with hundreds of Namekians in order to become stronger is great, and the way the scenes were directed with the army of ghostly Namekians standing behind them was chilling. Kami and Nail make a cameo, which is quite a throwback, but unfortunately their scene lasts a total of like 6 seconds and there's no real reason for it. Why couldn't they have used that time to give Piccolo some sort of internal monologue which would lead to character development and focus for him?

Like I said, I was disappointed in the Saonel & Pirina vs Gohan & Piccolo fight because while the concept of them fusing was cool, it ultimately didn't do much at all. Gohan finally stopped looking like a wimp though, thank god for that. I thought U6's elimination was handled poorly as well as Champa and Beerus' interactions (Beerus was good, Champa's was dumb). People said they felt so emotional, but I don't know why. No one on U2 or U6 was emotional, in fact it was almost like they really didn't care, so why should I? The episode ends with Vegeta pissed off that U6 and Cabba are erased from existence, which is some more good character development for him.

Overall, this arc is proceeding exactly how I predicted awhile back, that it would be a slow and rough start that would start getting really good after the halfway point, and I think it has. None of these episodes were offensively bad, none of them were even bad, the worst of them were just mediocre. So the lows aren't that low, but the highs are incredibly high, and 109/110, 114, and 116 are incredible episodes that are definitely within the top 10 episodes of Super IMO. This arc will only get better and better, and I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:27 pm

-Episode 107 (Roshi and Vegeta vs. Frost and Magetta): 9/10. Great character interactions including teamwork from unlikely people to work together and fight scenes.

-Episode 108 (Freeza and Frost): 6/10. Lead to nothing despite parallel characters from twin universes scheming together. Second time Frost showed promise but was wasted. At least we got a brutal beating after a long time.

-Episode 109 and 110 (Goku vs. Jiren): 10/10. Great new concepts, fight scenes, and music.

-Episode 111 (Hit vs. Jiren): 7/10. A dream fight came true. Unfortunately, it didn't live up the hype from such matchup.

-Episode 112 (Cabba vs. Monna): 8/10. Cabba finally gets attention after being neglected in favor of the female saiyans.

-Episode 113 (Goku vs. Caulifla and Kale, part one): 6/10. Barely any plot, just mindless fight scenes that were just looped frames. Overshadowed by episode 114.

-Episode 114 (Goku vs. Caulifla and Kale, part two): 9/10. Easily the best looking Super episode, and featured great action.

-Episode 115 (Goku vs. Kafla, part one): 5/10. Like episode 113, but riddled with spectator commentary. Kafla was disappointing. Overshadowed by episode 116.

-Episode 116 (Goku vs. Kafla, part two): 9/10. Astounding fight with good techniques. Kafla grew on me somewhat. The saiyan girls were finally out.

-Episode 117 (Androids vs. Kamilaze Fireballs): 8/10. Hated it at first, but was wrong. Finally focus on the neglected Androids, and Ribrianne was finally out. Props for the small team that handled it. They did great.

-Episode 118 (Universes 2 and 6): 8/10. Good action, humor, and character interactions. The U6 nameks finally got some screen time, and the U2 men were surprisingly a threat.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:49 pm

My Ratings:
    Episode 107: A good episode,I really like Frost and the teamup of Vegeta and Roshi was awesome and Roshi send-off was great.9/10
      Episode 108: A mediocre episode, Frieza plan was really confusing and Gohan is being an Idiot also Frost was wasted.5/10
        Episode 109 & 110: This is one the best episode I have watched, Great animation, Soundtrack and Battle also UI was awesome,My only complaint in this episode is that Vegeta did not give the energy to Goku seriously and there way too much talking.10/10
          Episode 111: An ok episode through Hit plan was really stupid like couldn't he tells the Cabba and Co to destroy the arena below Jiren and Hit Time skip is really confusing,But the battle wasn't that bad,I do enjoy Seeing Hit in Action,He was really cool and Jiren is intimidating as an antagonist.7/10
            Episode 112: Another good episode, They Finally Give Cabba attention after being neglected and the scene Where he obtain SS2 as well eliminated Monna was awesome,I also like the interaction between Him and Vegeta,my only complaint of this episode is that Cabba got eliminated too soon.8/10
              Episode 113: Weak episode through the Team Up of Kale & Caulifla was good but other than that this episode was meh also Champa was really annoying can't someone shut him up.5/10
                Episode 114: A fantastic episode with great animation and battle,The interaction of Kale and Caulifla was cute and I'm actually glad that Kale did not turn into ABC Also Katopesla was really hilarious.9/10
                  Episode 115: Average episode nothing spectacular with The Battle of Goku vs Kefla,it cool to see Vegeta vs Toppo again oh and UI continue to be awesome.6/10
                    Episode 116: Possibly one of the best super fight and UI Goku was a badass, While I don't like Kefla that much but their send-off was really sad.9/10
                      Episode 117: Ok episode,#17 and #18 interaction and Team up where The highlight of this episode,#18 was pretty cool and there some nice development for Brianne however her new form look really lazy as well ugly.7/10
                        Episode 118: Good episode,The U2 guys Transforming to Magical Girls was hilarious as well unexpected through the reused was tedious and it's nice to see Kami and Nail again however I do wish the Battle of Gohan and Piccolo vs The namekians was a bit longer but it was ok,The Erasure of U2 and 6 was touching.8/10

Tombstone1988
                        Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Always love reading everyone's thoughts on these things. Interesting to see that unlike part 1, opinions on the episodes this time around seem to be a lot closer-knit. This is likely due to the better quality overall from the string of episodes we got. I did notice a few things going through everyone's posts. First, it seems most people prefer treating the special (episodes 109-110) as a single package, which makes sense considering it was released as a 1 hour special. In that regard, the higher overall rating for it is completely understandable. Second, it seems the biggest discrepancy in opinion comes from episode 111 and episode 118. Episode 111 seems to be partly because it was coming off of the high of the special and partly because Hit vs. Jiren was underwhelming, especially considering the writing in the second half. For episode 118, it seems the differences in opinion are partly due to lots of re-used animation (something I myself noticed in the episode) and partly due to pacing. Lastly, a few posts mentioned re-watching certain episodes and having a more favorable opinion on the second viewing. I did so with episode 118 and I can sort of see what those posts mean, as I did find it slightly better the second time around.

Overall, I appreciate everyone's contributions and I would love to hear more!
                        "If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
                        (Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)