Will Gohan reach a new level?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Will Gohan reach a new level?

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:30 pm

I don't see Gohan getting a new transformation in the tournament just because Ultra Instinct is already in the spotlight as the "new form", but if he were to get one...
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I'm still hoping for Gohan to achieve Super Saiyan Rage.
I would absolutely love this. I think the double aura would look great on him, and the anger aspect of the form would be a nice way to call back to his rage power-ups earlier in Dragon Ball.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:41 pm

Yeah, Mystic Gohan isn't really that mystic anymore. I think he should totally get another form called Mythical Gohan. That way I wouldn't have to call Mystic Gohan "Mythical Gohan" just to piss people off, because it would be a legit form anyway :lol:

Srsly though, good thing we've got the internets these days and the exchange of information is incomparably faster than it was 20 years ago - no such thing as "Mystic Gohan" will probably ever entrench itself again.

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:44 pm

Gohan won't be getting anything new, he's no longer a main character. How many episodes has he been on Super outside the current tournament? He will again go back to studying after this.

Let Gohan go, he won't be a badass fighter. As of now, he's the best he could be
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:51 pm

Gohan will likely remain prominent for the rest of Super. They didn't bring him back just to leave him behind again.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:21 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I'm still hoping for Gohan to achieve Super Saiyan Rage.
Trust me, I’ve been wanting that since Gohan was confirmed as a participant, though the question is how will he do so? Where is he gonna pick up God Ki? Trunks got it through training (vs Blue Vegeta) and battle (vs Zamasus), and there don’t seem to be any opponents with God Ki for Gohan to face...

Gohan’s technically faced Beerus already and Blue Kaioken Gokū but I’m not sure that’ll be enough...

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:29 am

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Trust me, I’ve been wanting that since Gohan was confirmed as a participant, though the question is how will he do so? Where is he gonna pick up God Ki? Trunks got it through training (vs Blue Vegeta) and battle (vs Zamasus), and there don’t seem to be any opponents with God Ki for Gohan to face...

Gohan’s technically faced Beerus already and Blue Kaioken Gokū but I’m not sure that’ll be enough...
If my memory serves me, there was never an indication that Super Saiyan Rage had god ki. I can see how the blue aura sort of implies it, but I'd imagine the characters would've referred to the god ki if it was there.
MyAnimeList | AniList

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:36 am

Anime Kitten wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Trust me, I’ve been wanting that since Gohan was confirmed as a participant, though the question is how will he do so? Where is he gonna pick up God Ki? Trunks got it through training (vs Blue Vegeta) and battle (vs Zamasus), and there don’t seem to be any opponents with God Ki for Gohan to face...

If my memory serves me, there was never an indication that Super Saiyan Rage had god ki. I can see how the blue aura sort of implies it, but I'd imagine the characters would've referred to the god ki if it was there.
He was able to sense God Ki (Vegetto Blue’s God Ki) after obtaining SS Rage (prior to SS Rage, he couldn’t sense his father’s Blue form). Think that should be indication enough.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:45 am

precita wrote:Gohan will likely remain prominent for the rest of Super. They didn't bring him back just to leave him behind again.
That's all that I ask for, to be honest. He just needs to stay relevant.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:56 am

Kagari wrote:
precita wrote:Gohan will likely remain prominent for the rest of Super. They didn't bring him back just to leave him behind again.
He will, he only goes irrelevant because he didn't train, both manga and anime made sure he understood training is necessary in their own ways, making sure he keeps on training, he is staying relevant..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:43 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Kagari wrote:
He will, he only goes irrelevant because he didn't train, both manga and anime made sure he understood training is necessary in their own ways, making sure he keeps on training, he is staying relevant..

They flip-flop on this so often though, even in the span of two arcs. It's bad enough they forgot the lesson he was supposed to learn in the Buu arc, but to have it happen again twice ? I assume they understand they can't have him go back to losing his fighting groove because it'll just be irreparable for his character.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:48 am

Oh God, no. Please, don't make Hogan so strong, he always devolves into a shitty and bland character. Ss2 and Ultimate were bad enough, a third coming would ruin how well Super has been doing with Gohan

Spell check keeps replacing ng Ghan with l Hogan m..
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:16 am

Kanassa wrote:Oh God, no. Please, don't make Hogan so strong, he always devolves into a shitty and bland character. Ss2 and Ultimate were bad enough, a third coming would ruin how well Super has been doing with Gohan

Spell check keeps replacing ng Ghan with l Hogan m..
You can fixed this by using the 'learn spelling' function. I did this because my auto-correct kept changing Jiren to Siren.

But I do agree. Goten tends to be at his best when he isn't the stronger. Near the top or in the top 3 or 5, but Gohan becomes really lousy every time he's top dog. It also feels the least deserved at the moment, which is what I really hated about Ultimate.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:44 am

Does he really need to? I'd feel more content in Gohan just training and increasing his strength in his Ultimate form.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:16 am

Imagine if Super Saiyan White Gohan actually becomes a thing!

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:07 pm

They should have just performed the Super Saiyan God ritual on him.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:10 pm

The ritual is a very convenient way to create more SSj Gods right now. I don't think it's possible to perform one in U7 now, since Pan is most likely too young to comply.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:18 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Does he really need to? I'd feel more content in Gohan just training and increasing his strength in his Ultimate form.
I'd rather see this too. Ultimate is a form nobody else has and its capabilities have barely been explored. Hell, Buu did more with it in Z than Gohan did and it's still being under-utilized here in the tournament. Frieza should not be able to call you out for holding back. :lol:

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:49 pm

Saturnine wrote:The ritual is a very convenient way to create more SSj Gods right now. I don't think it's possible to perform one in U7 now, since Pan is most likely too young to comply.
Too young? She was still a foetus when they performed the ritual on Goku!

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:04 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:He was able to sense God Ki (Vegetto Blue’s God Ki) after obtaining SS Rage (prior to SS Rage, he couldn’t sense his father’s Blue form). Think that should be indication enough.
Huh, interesting. I didn't catch that. I'll have to rewatch episode 66 again (hey, there's a decent excuse to rewatch my favorite episode :P).
SonReggie wrote:Too young? She was still a foetus when they performed the ritual on Goku!
Too young to comply - namely, she likely wouldn't be able to concentrate enough to perform it properly.
MyAnimeList | AniList

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by New_Guy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:29 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Does he really need to? I'd feel more content in Gohan just training and increasing his strength in his Ultimate form.
I agree. I'm fine w/out Gohan getting a new form. Ultimate is still a pretty exclusive ability to him. (now that Saiyan Beyond God doesn't seem to exist anymore) I think he should just keep training and improving his Ki unlocked state. Seems like that's what most transformations are slowly dialing back to anyway. (More simplistic designs, normal hair colors *cough, UI, cough*, heck Yamoshi was said to have an undying white aura correct? I could be wrong)