Would you like to see Toppo and Dyspo getting eliminated by Jiren?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: Would you like to see Toppo and Dyspo getting eliminated by Jiren?

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:03 pm

Nah, Superman Jiren wouldn't eliminate Batman Toppo and Flash Dyspo. Just doesn't line up with his character, unless they were in a similar position that Roshi was.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:31 pm

That would be a stupid idea since his teammates could help by kicking some U7 members out. Given Goku's magically infinite stamina recovery, Jiren would be better off playing it safe.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:22 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:I want it to happen, and I want it to be like Toguro taking down the parking garage; big buff dude running around causing destruction to show off his strength.
But whats the point of that? We already know his strength.
I just want him to look like an arrogant showoff. :mrgreen:
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:27 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:I want it to happen, and I want it to be like Toguro taking down the parking garage; big buff dude running around causing destruction to show off his strength.
But whats the point of that? We already know his strength.
But, didn't he already do that by saying "LOL, all the strong guys are gone, ma gonna nap." I think that action more than demonstrates his arrogant nature.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:30 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: But whats the point of that? We already know his strength.
But, didn't he already do that by saying "LOL, all the strong guys are gone, ma gonna nap." I think that action more than demonstrates his arrogant nature.
Yeah, but there's something strangely satisfying seeing buff dudes cause mindless destruction and mayhem. It worked for Toguro, so it will work for Jiren, I'm certain!
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:33 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote: I just want him to look like an arrogant showoff. :mrgreen:
Yeah, but there's something strangely satisfying seeing buff dudes cause mindless destruction and mayhem. It worked for Toguro, so it will work for Jiren, I'm certain!
The difference between Toguro and Jiren is that Toguro is an interesting, and actually physically intimidating character that I care about. Jiren is just kind of an emotionless piece of wood.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:13 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: But, didn't he already do that by saying "LOL, all the strong guys are gone, ma gonna nap." I think that action more than demonstrates his arrogant nature.
The difference between Toguro and Jiren is that Toguro is an interesting, and actually physically intimidating character that I care about. Jiren is just kind of an emotionless piece of wood.
Maybe, but Jiren should have his time in the spotlight with his muscles, because I'm certain Toriyama is going to come along and do his thing where the final form of the opponent is super weeded and shrimpy looking.

After he attains this form, Goku will look at him and say "gee! Ya sure ain't much now are ya?", then Jiren will surprise him with strength unimaginable. Goku will have to attain a form even beyond Ultra Instinct just to stand a chance now!.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:29 am

Metalwario64 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote: Yeah, but there's something strangely satisfying seeing buff dudes cause mindless destruction and mayhem. It worked for Toguro, so it will work for Jiren, I'm certain!
Maybe, but Jiren should have his time in the spotlight with his muscles, because I'm certain Toriyama is going to come along and do his thing where the final form of the opponent is super weeded and shrimpy looking.

After he attains this form, Goku will look at him and say "gee! Ya sure ain't much now are ya?", then Jiren will surprise him with strength unimaginable. Goku will have to attain a form even beyond Ultra Instinct just to stand a chance now!.
Dear God what the hell is that!?

Whatever it is, I think an appropriate amount of fire is required to burn it out of my minds eye.

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:14 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: The difference between Toguro and Jiren is that Toguro is an interesting, and actually physically intimidating character that I care about. Jiren is just kind of an emotionless piece of wood.

Dear God what the hell is that!?

Whatever it is, I think an appropriate amount of fire is required to burn it out of my minds eye.
He uses his head like a whip, thanks to the weedy, elongated neck his new form provides. You can see how strenuous it is for him to even hold his head up with his new build, what with those intense veins, but it's the price one pays for ultimate power.

Faisal Shourov
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Faisal Shourov » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Jiren is far more heroic than Goku could ever be, he's the closest to Superman in Dragon Ball. It will be completely out of character for Jiren to do something so stupid. Not even Frieza is that dumb, and he's as evil as it gets.
Toyotarō: … I get the feeling I’ve just heard something amazing (laughs). Lord Beerus and Whis turn up in Dragon Ball Super, and have become an unsurpassable wall for Goku and the gang. What do the two of them mean to you?

Toriyama: Well… First off, right now I don’t have any plans for Goku and Vegeta to surpass Beerus and Whis.