If Each Universe had its own series

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ YUSUKE
Beyond Newbie

If Each Universe had its own series

Post by SSJ YUSUKE » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:56 am

Here's a fun little thought exercise
What if the 7 other Universes at the TOP were the focus of their own series like Universe 7.
What Genre would they each be?
Who would be the main Goku like lead of each series?
Who would be the Vegeta style main rival?
What role would the rest of the supporting cast play?
What would the major villans of each series be like?
I have my own ideas but I would like here everyone elses as well.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If Each Universe had its own series

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:34 am

2 would be magical girl genre of course, with Brianne as the lead.

11 would be Super Sentai style heroes, featuring the Pride Troopers.

3 would be sci-fi with Nigrisshi as the villain probably.

Not sure about 4, 6, 9, and 10, and the others we don't know enough about.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:39 am

I feel like we don't know enough about Universe 10 to answer all those questions. I mean, it only played a minor role in the Future Trunks' arc, and that's because Zamasu was from that Universe. In the Tournament of Power, its characters were fodder and received very little screentime. We did not get to explore the relationship between the various members of U10 Team. So... Hopefully Universe 10 will make a cameo in a future arc if it is brought back by the Super Dragon Balls, so we can learn more about that Universe (plus Gowasu still hasn't chosen a new apprentice after the mess that happened with Zamasu).

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:29 pm

There's not much room to answer due to most of the characters having the same shit talking generic personalities. Had each universe gotten their own arc like U6 then maybe we'd be able to but even what U6 got wasn't that much to go off of.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:32 pm

The only ones even worth exploring would be U6 and U11. Maybe you could argue U2 since they received some screen time and we did get to see the people back on their planet/universe/whatever, but I don't think anyone gives a damn about U3/U4/U9/U10 because clearly the writers didn't either.

A movie centered solely around U6 with the Saiyans, Hit, Namekians, and Frost (without anyone from U7 including Goku) where they have to fight some big bad would be really cool and interesting to see. It could be like the other DBZ movies where it doesn't really fit into any kind of timeline.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Asura wrote:The only ones even worth exploring would be U6 and U11. Maybe you could argue U2 since they received some screen time and we did get to see the people back on their planet/universe/whatever, but I don't think anyone gives a damn about U3/U4/U9/U10 because clearly the writers didn't either.

A movie centered solely around U6 with the Saiyans, Hit, Namekians, and Frost (without anyone from U7 including Goku) where they have to fight some big bad would be really cool and interesting to see. It could be like the other DBZ movies where it doesn't really fit into any kind of timeline.
I beg to differ. A lot of people have taken a liking to certain characters of these Universes. Notably, Universe 3's Katopesla. A series of Universe 3 with the "adventures of Katopesla" would be really entertaining lol.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:25 pm

Universe 6 would be a shonen fighting series that's basically Dragon Ball/Z with a different cast of characters. Cabba would probably be the main character since he's the most vanilla of the lot.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:36 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Universe 6 would be a shonen fighting series that's basically Dragon Ball/Z with a different cast of characters. Cabba would probably be the main character since he's the most vanilla of the lot.
No, the main character would more likely be Caulifla since she's the Goku of Universe 6.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:07 pm

Well:
Universe 2 would be something similar to Sailor Moon obviously

Universe 11 would be like Justice League, having it main focus on Jiren, Toppo, Dypso and Kahseral

Universe 6 would be almost like Dragon Ball, just with a different cast, I can imagine it with Cabba, Caulifla, Kale, Saonel and Pilina as the main cast, Hit acting as the mentor, and Frost as the main villain.

Universe 9 could also be some kind of shonen, Trio of Dangers showed to have an heroic attitude towards their universe, could easily imagine them as heroes.

Don´t know about Universe 3, Universe 4 and Universe 10

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:12 pm

Asura wrote:The only ones even worth exploring would be U6 and U11. Maybe you could argue U2 since they received some screen time and we did get to see the people back on their planet/universe/whatever, but I don't think anyone gives a damn about U3/U4/U9/U10 .
I agree about U4 and 10 to a degree, but i still want to get an OVA about the Trio de Dangers surviving in a shit universe.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:16 pm

There's an interesting question, though - if Toppo and Jiren are so strong, and they're both part of a team of heroes, what kinds of threats must exist in Universe 11 that necessitates such a team?

Could it be possible that Universe 11 has some (either living or dead) villains who are as strong as or stronger than Jiren (but didn't participate in the ToP because they're too dangerous, unpredictable, etc.?)
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:17 pm

Universe 4 would be Dragon Quest styled anime with Shantza as the main character. He's cute and very young, so I can assume he'd adventure and make new friends on the way in a classy RPG Fashion.

It actually seems he had some established relationship with Quitela judging from their short exchange.

I actually want this so much :lol:

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:29 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:
Asura wrote:The only ones even worth exploring would be U6 and U11. Maybe you could argue U2 since they received some screen time and we did get to see the people back on their planet/universe/whatever, but I don't think anyone gives a damn about U3/U4/U9/U10 because clearly the writers didn't either.

I beg to differ. A lot of people have taken a liking to certain characters of these Universes. Notably, Universe 3's Katopesla. A series of Universe 3 with the "adventures of Katopesla" would be really entertaining lol.
People have taken a liking to them, but that doesn't mean people care about the universes as a whole. Katopesla is just one of 10 fighters from Universe 3, a universe which we have barely seen anything about or know anything about.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:41 pm

After revising Universe 10's team, i do have some ideas (although it's been very hard and tedious to come up with them because all these characters have the personality of a toaster).

Obuni would be Goku (the main character). He is quite a powerful warrior and had a family which he loved. He also showed the desire to fight stronger fighters. In his own way, he had a thirst for battle that was similiar to Goku's. His main rival would be Rubalt. Although we know absolutely nothing of Rubalt's personality, he seemed quite a close friend of Obuni. The two even sat close to each other when their Universe was erased, so i think there is a bond between the two, just like there is some kind of friendship and respect going on between Goku and Vegeta. Murichim seems to be quite confident of himself and takes a lot of care to his muscles, often drinking protein supply. So... Mr. Satan? Mr. Satan cares a lot about his muscles... right? Jirasen looks like Mr. Satan's apprentice, Caroni, who is also a vainglorious and worthless buffoon. Lastly, Gowasu would be similiar to Old Kai because they are both depraved and old perverts.

That's all i could come up with. Aside from Zamasu, this Universe lacks any real semblance of a character.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:49 pm

universe 10 is one big JJBA reference, isn't it? Or Fist of the North Star.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:30 pm

An Interesting Question;

U2~~~ Easy for me since I would see them as a DREAM-COME-TRUE Series being A New Sailor Moon with Dragon Ball Style Fighting, Animation, Villains and Galactic Levels of Adventure! Just the Best! :D

I would likely follow IMO maybe a character story arc from the beginning, Brianne's origins and how she came to be U2's Goddess and Champion as well as Sanka Ku and Su Roas's origins and their meeting and fleshing out of the other members of U2's team for starters.

U9 ~~~ I honestly think this be a Cool Concept since I feel U9 has a MAD MAX feel towards their universe, mainly being comprised of Anti-Heroes and questionable characters. It be interesting to see what role the Trio-De-Dangers play in their Universe and why it is such a heck hole to begin with. I think a U9 Anime would be very unique and interesting to watch.

U11 ~~~ Easily a Super Sentai meets Guardians of the Galaxy/Justice League style show, BIG Battles, world building and origins of each of the Pride Troopers. I be like a Anime Comic Book on a Grand Scale with over the Top Villains and Amazing Galactic Adventures!

U6 ~~~ Honestly a U7 in similar ways, but more rogue like and it feels more like it be a youth story about the journey of Cabba, Kale and Caulifla, short of like Dragon Ball original style adventure in space, BUT not GT.
Last edited by CJStriker_CBR on Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:43 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Universe 6 would be a shonen fighting series that's basically Dragon Ball/Z with a different cast of characters. Cabba would probably be the main character since he's the most vanilla of the lot.
No, the main character would more likely be Caulifla since she's the Goku of Universe 6.
It would be both Caulifla and Cabba :thumbup:

Kale would be the one that jobs in order to hype the main antagonist.

Saonel and Pirina would be the bros of the Main Cast.

Hit as mentor.

Frost as an antihero

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Let's see
U2-kamikaze fireballs
U3- katopelsa as a cop
U6- Saiyan Trio,Frost,Hit,u6 nameks
U11- pride troopers especially the big 3

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:35 pm

I think it would be interesting to explore universe 6 as this sort of underworld crime universe.

You could have had Frost as the evil crime boss and manipulator.

The Nameks as maybe victims, or police volunteers. Guys that help Cabba when Namek is threatened.

Cabba as the head investigator, the lead cop.

Caulifla and Kale as underworld figures that help Cabba with his investigations.

Hit as Duke Togo(nuff said).

And Botamo and Magetta can be guys that are involved in the mafia by extension. For example, you could have Botamo an be invincible wrestler that is involved in illegal fighting syndicate(his ability would make him basically invincible), who can provide information on the mafia.

Then you can just have it all in a sci-fi futuristic setting and it should be good.

Basically, I envision it would be a mafia sci-fi story in space.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:02 am

JazzMazz wrote:I think it would be interesting to explore universe 6 as this sort of underworld crime universe.

You could have had Frost as the evil crime boss and manipulator.

The Nameks as maybe victims, or police volunteers. Guys that help Cabba when Namek is threatened.

Cabba as the head investigator, the lead cop.

Caulifla and Kale as underworld figures that help Cabba with his investigations.

Hit as Duke Togo(nuff said).

And Botamo and Magetta can be guys that are involved in the mafia by extension. For example, you could have Botamo an be invincible wrestler that is involved in illegal fighting syndicate(his ability would make him basically invincible), who can provide information on the mafia.

Then you can just have it all in a sci-fi futuristic setting and it should be good.

Basically, I envision it would be a mafia sci-fi story in space.
Ooh, I like this. Make it a serialised cop drama with Cabba solving different crimes while zeroing in on Frost, the kingpin. I like the idea of Caulifla and Kale as underworld informants, but I could also see them working as cops as well. Have Caulifla be the bad cop to balance out Cabba's good cop, with Kale as the rookie trying to learn from the two approaches. The Namekians can also work as beat cops or informants, while Botamo and Magetta can be Frost's muscle. While we're at it, have Dr Rota as forensic investigator.

And how do you raise the stakes for the season finale? Cabba starts getting too close to the truth, so Frost hires Hit to take him out.