Android 17's relationship with insects...?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Android 17's relationship with insects...?

Post by Generico Garbagio » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:30 am

Hello guys, I'm back. I was never gone, though.

This is a meaningless intro to my post that you probably don't care about so just skip ahead
[spoiler]So far I've been enjoying the Tournament of Power immensely, even the recruit episodes, and even the ones for 17. I also didn't mind the obviously annoying nature of Universe 2. So take this as a warning that I might be biased.

Anyway I know some stuff doesn't seem to make sense, but I don't mind that much. FOR ME, it's a lot of fun to try to come up with theories for everything.

THAT'S WHY I WANT TO DISCUSS A VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC THAT IS RELEVANT TO MY INTEREST IN MY FAVORITE CHARACTER.[/spoiler]
How do you think Android 17 treats the bugs on "his" island? Do you think he has a collection? Is he just good at catching bugs? Did he have ants in his house at one point?

Also, do you think that Bugman could have had like Lyme disease or something?
Last edited by Generico Garbagio on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you did read it please tell me how.

puar
Beyond Newbie

Re: Android 17's relationship with U4...?

Post by puar » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:39 am

what kind of a dumb thread is that?

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Re: Android 17's relationship with U4...?

Post by Generico Garbagio » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:44 am

Ok, do you like spiders?

Do you like FLIES?

There are so many bugs. There are obviously some on 17's island. What do you think 17's relationship with bugs is like? He seems definitely good at catching them, judging from episode 119. So do you think, on his island he:

1) Mostly ignores bugs like everyone else but doesn't like them
2) Mostly ignores bugs like everyone else BUT likes them.
3) Never ignores them, cares for them, protects them, etc. Pets bees in his free time and whatnot.
4) Free answer please discuss below:

Whatever
Regular

Re: Android 17's relationship with insects...?

Post by Whatever » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 am

After his experience with Cell he hates bugs,not to mention they mess up his hair as well.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:02 am

This has to be the (or at least one of the) most creative, with an actual effort and thought (hidden somewhere) thread in this forum. :lol:

Look, as I don't like bugs myself, I don't really care, nor would I pay attention to them, I can't really tell how it is the Android 17's relationship with bugs. But if he's a man of nature like we know he is, he certainly takes care of them very well in his island, no doubt about it. He even tends to fly more than walking, avoinding the risk to step on a bug accidentally. :P
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Generico Garbagio
Beyond Newbie

Post by Generico Garbagio » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:03 am

Grimlock wrote:Look, as I don't like bugs myself, I don't really care, nor would I pay attention to them, I can't really tell how it is the Android 17's relationship with bugs. But if he's a man of nature like we know he is, he certainly takes care of them very well in his island, no doubt about it. He even tends to fly more than walking, avoinding the risk to step on a bug accidentally. :P
But that would also make it easy to disintegrate bugs that also fly, when they are in his way. What with the flaming ki auras and all that.

It's also true that Cell must've tarnished bugs' reputations for 17, but he wasn't a park ranger back then. Do you think he favors certain bugs over others? I think he doesn't care about flies and stuff like that (except maybe a legendary super fly that grew up on the Minotaurus' poop?), but protects bees because they're much more vital to the ecosystem of his island? Maybe he even raises bees? I would've loved if he could've used bees to fight for him, like "take my energy you beautiful bee swarm and wreck havoc upon our adversaries with your stingers!" They could easily overpower a DKC2 boss.

Dpc292
Banned

Post by Dpc292 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:09 am

Most likely it’s a sexual relationship.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:32 am

While absorbed by Cell, he explored his interiors to more or less understand bugs. He told 18 to be the one to leave Cell's body because she took up too much space, and after a disagreement, he knocked her unconscious and she was spit out during the Cell tournament.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Slaythe
Beyond Newbie

Post by Slaythe » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:32 am

Animals are not bugs.

I think he tolerates bugs but he certainly doesn't like them.

He sleeps with his barrier on so that he doesn't have to deal with them.