Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Re: Official "DB (Super) 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:09 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Spoilers, people, use them! At least do this if you're quoting someone else! ESPECIALLY if someone is using a bunch of images/gifs/videos in a single post!
Why does no one ever use spoilers? Bandwidth ain't infinite, you know!
Yes! I also wonder why people don't do that more often, it helps the thread to be easy to scroll down. But, I guess we can report them anyway.
FortuneSSJ wrote:The evil Saiyan in the teaser is giving me Broly vibes...Surely they aren't crazy to put Broly here?!
I would like to see Broly returning, but's it's unlikely on this movie. We might get a new villain and probably stronger than Jiren?
Last edited by jeffbr92 on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:27 pm

Guys, you're all missing the point. All we need to do is invent artificial intelligence and it'll create super detailed and fluid animation for us. I can't believe those lazy bastards at Toei haven't bothered to invent AI yet.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:36 pm

I have to agree.
Of course totally sacrificing detail for animation is a bad idea and it will backfire if they keep the same quality as the teaser.
Designs should reflect the age, body, and mentality of the character. Having a 50 year old looking and acting like a child is jaw dropping. There was a reason people were confused with Goku been written way too childish at some points in super but since the show needs to create "the next gen fans" this design has to be more kiddy friendly.
I hope the teaser was just a display of the possibilities of the new design that was made in early stages instead of an actual final product

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:39 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Anyway, simpler designs are for the best. Well, designs good animators want to work with are the best. Yamamuro and his weird-ass idea of detailed designs were driving everyone off.
I think I see where you're coming from: with a simpler core design, there's room for a more diverse array of cool battle animation, which I agree is a great thing. The more detail there is, the less room there is to mix it up, which is a bad thing. Naturally, this doesn't mean that detail that the particular animators prefer won't or can't be added while they animate. Simple designs aren't dooming the animation to be overly simple looking, as Kunzait fears. We could still get animation with the detail of bits like Studio Cockpit's Goku vs Cell, Masaki Sato's Vegeta vs Recoome, Shida's recent work on Super episode 130, and so on.

The problem is, after a certain point, what's the purpose of even having a uniform design document, if all you need to stay consistent with is a really simple amalgam of shapes and colors? The process behind animation is far from my field of expertise, but as I'm presently understanding it, in the ideal scenario, the only unifying thread within the artwork would be so painfully obvious that it would hardly even warrant a sheet to begin with, beyond "look at the manga for how the characters generally look, here's the palette we're going for". Or, hell, would a uniform palette be too constraining on the animators' freedom as well? I'm not asking that sarcastically, I'm genuinely curious if there's a case to be made for doing away with color consistency.

KayDash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KayDash » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Does the new rival saiyan reminded anyone else to Uvogin from HxH?
(Here's a pic if you are not familar with him:)
[spoiler]Image
Larger pic: http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/File:Genei_ubo.jpg[/spoiler]
Despite not seeing his face, I think he gave away really similar vibes.
Also, his clothes seems like a variation of what Kabba and the new saiyan from Legends mobile game has. (the traditional saiyan outfit according to Vegeta) Or more like an "archaic" variation of it.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Although, this is probably pointed out like a million times already.
Last edited by KayDash on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:31 pm

KayDash wrote:Does the new rival saiyan reminded anyone else to Uvogin from HxH?
(Here's a pic if you are not familar with him:)
[spoiler]Image
Larger pic: http://hunterxhunter.wikia.com/wiki/File:Genei_ubo.jpg[/spoiler]
Despite not seeing his, I think he gave away really similar vibes.
Also, his clothes seems like a variation of what Kabba and the new saiyan from Legends mobile game has. (the traditional saiyan outfit according to Vegeta) Or more like an "archaic" variation of it.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Although, this is probably pointed out like a million times already.
Yeah it reminds me of a combination of that, plus the fur tribe outfit we saw of the ancient Saiyans from Z filler

SSJ6Goku
Beyond Newbie

Post by SSJ6Goku » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:42 pm

i was wondering...how are they able to pump 10 episodes in 10 weeks (200 minutes worth of episodes), but it takes months/years to push out a 90 minute movie? i feel like we should get the Dragon Ball Super movie sooner. Waiting until December is going to hurt!

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:03 pm

Mazingerdestro wrote:I have to agree.
Of course totally sacrificing detail for animation is a bad idea and it will backfire if they keep the same quality as the teaser.
Designs should reflect the age, body, and mentality of the character. Having a 50 year old looking and acting like a child is jaw dropping. There was a reason people were confused with Goku been written way too childish at some points in super but since the show needs to create "the next gen fans" this design has to be more kiddy friendly.
I hope the teaser was just a display of the possibilities of the new design that was made in early stages instead of an actual final product
The footage from the teaser isn't representative of the final product, but it's going to be the same art style like it or not.
Feels over Reals.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:29 pm

SSJ6Goku wrote:i was wondering...how are they able to pump 10 episodes in 10 weeks (200 minutes worth of episodes), but it takes months/years to push out a 90 minute movie? i feel like we should get the Dragon Ball Super movie sooner. Waiting until December is going to hurt!
They have staff working in different groups for the episodes. There's still a fairly long production process. Toshio would tweet about episodes he wrote 4-5 months before they ever appeared on-screen. A movie has higher quality control (in theory) and from what I've heard, this movie has an unusually long production schedule for a DB film.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:04 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:Welp: https://www.facebook.com/albertocubatas ... =1&theater
Looks like it's indeed fake.
Certainly looking that way now.
Curse you Latin America, and your surprisingly talented artists.
Surprisingly talented artists?! Why would a Saiyan have a yellow skin color?
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:14 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Dragon Wukong wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:Welp: https://www.facebook.com/albertocubatas ... =1&theater
Looks like it's indeed fake.
Certainly looking that way now.
Curse you Latin America, and your surprisingly talented artists.
Surprising talented artists?! Why would a Saiyan have a yellow skin color?
Ask that to the guy who made the movie teaser
It’s a nice fan art , and was done very quick , deserves to be recognize
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:20 pm

prince212 wrote: Ask that to the guy who made the movie teaser
In the teaser his skin looks brown to me. It's the aura that maybe is giving them that impression, perhaps?!
prince212 wrote: It’s a nice fan art , and was done very quick , deserves to be recognize
We do have a fanart section here.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:23 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
prince212 wrote: Ask that to the guy who made the movie teaser
In the teaser his skin looks brown to me. It's the aura that maybe is giving them that impression, perhaps?!
prince212 wrote: It’s a nice fan art , and was done very quick , deserves to be recognize
We do have a fanart section here.
I know that , thanks , btw , I didn’t post that pic
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:34 pm

prince212 wrote: I know that , thanks , btw , I didn’t post that pic
I know, don't worry. :lol:

Son Vegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Vegito » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Late to the party. Pretty nice teaser. Really like how they went back to old skool animation style. But for the sake of consistency they should already choose a style. This is the complete opposite of what've got now.

Really hope the Saiyan on the mountain is Yamoshi. Would be cool if the wish in the last episode of Super has something to do with this. Would be a cool cliffhanger.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:43 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Why does no one ever use spoilers?

Bandwidth ain't infinite, you know!
What's within spoiler tags is still loaded whether you click or not. Gotta remove the embed tag.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Simere wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Why does no one ever use spoilers?

Bandwidth ain't infinite, you know!
What's within spoiler tags is still loaded whether you click or not. Gotta remove the embed tag.
But if there are spoilers, it does still reduce load stress because they're not increasing the scroll bar and aren't "immediately" loaded.

Glen300

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Glen300 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:44 pm

This is Google Translate, not really reliable. I will wait for someone to translate correctly. But there is a couple of sentences that I think tells the a little bit about the movie story.
What is the story of this movie?

In this story, the subsequent Goku of TV anime final story will be drawn. The theme is 【Strongest Battle Ethnic / Saiyan】 in the Universe. After "Dragon Ball Z God and God", Gokuu Saiya who has made further evolution such as Super Saiyan God and Blue, and various defense warriors losing it by it are reappeared again [the strongest universe It is a work that depicts the existence of [battle race / Saiya], the [origin] of the strength of Goku.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:06 pm

I think it reveals that [spoiler]the other universes who got erased during the ToP get wished back[/spoiler] but I could be wrong.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!