Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:32 am

Firebolt wrote:So after seeing the final episode of Super, I don't think we'll see MUI in the movie....

Maybe it'll be another Revenge of Cooler case and Goku will transform into MUI once more at the end of the movie?
This entire post is a contradiction.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:33 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Michsi wrote:So I read somewhere that we might be getting some new info regarding the movie today? Can someone help confirm this? Just so I don't have expectations.
Guess we would've seen something about it by now, though.
It's 10.30pm in Japan now if there was any info we'd have gotten it by now.
Thought so. I'm losing track of all the panels and info that's popping up here and there. Guess I'll just stick to what Herms and the rest tweet, just to be safe.

snaku
Regular

Post by snaku » Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:59 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:So we are up to 12 universes again (its not 18, until proven), jiren and goku will have a rematch in the future, and goku doesnt have UI according to himself. I guess the possibilities of this movies foe being jiren level or above has gone down a lot.
I don’t think MUI is gone for good, it’s just not something that he can turn on like SSJ. It has to be triggered by an enormously powerful foe pushing Goku to his absolute limit. Sparring with Vegeta isn’t going to trigger it, but a showdown with Yamoshi or a rematch with Jiren could.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:08 pm

snaku wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:So we are up to 12 universes again (its not 18, until proven), jiren and goku will have a rematch in the future, and goku doesnt have UI according to himself. I guess the possibilities of this movies foe being jiren level or above has gone down a lot.
I don’t think MUI is gone for good, it’s just not something that he can turn on like SSJ. It has to be triggered by an enormously powerful foe pushing Goku to his absolute limit. Sparring with Vegeta isn’t going to trigger it, but a showdown with Yamoshi or a rematch with Jiren could.
Yamoshi isnt that strong. Unless i missed an interview with toriyama stating said thing.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Michsi wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Michsi wrote:So I read somewhere that we might be getting some new info regarding the movie today? Can someone help confirm this? Just so I don't have expectations.
Guess we would've seen something about it by now, though.
It's 10.30pm in Japan now if there was any info we'd have gotten it by now.
Thought so. I'm losing track of all the panels and info that's popping up here and there. Guess I'll just stick to what Herms and the rest tweet, just to be safe.
Since we haven't heard anything new so far, I'm thinking the teaser and the new info we got in the last week or two was the new information they had been talking about and it just came out a little earlier for whatever reason.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:25 pm

Do you guys fear that the only reason Goku was nerfed: not being able to turn UI on his own was to use that as a trump card to defeat the movie villain?

I think this would be terrible we would get a Toei movie esque finale (e.g: Goku turning into SSJ on the final moments in order to defeat Cooler)
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:43 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:Do you guys fear that the only reason Goku was nerfed: not being able to turn UI on his own was to use that was a trump card to defeat the movie villain?

I think this would be terrible we would get a Toei movie esque finale (e.g: Goku turning into SSJ on the final moments in order to defeat Cooler)

The fact he has mastered the UI-form, does not mean he is able to tap in whenever he wants. For the time being i think they want to reserve it to stay a limit-breaking-form. If he could tap in to it like with Blue or the normal SSJ-forms, with the stories planned, Goku would become absurdly strong way too fast. He has achieved a state above the gods, above Jiren ... They aren't a lot of creatures in the multiverse, apart from the angels, that are able to top that. So i think they are doing it on purpose to preserve opportunities in the story-telling later on when DB(S) continues. Villains that match Blue are way easier to find than villains that match UI.

They want to preserve UI for the special moments. It's also a lot more difficult to animate, because of the aura and all the detail it demands, than the normal forms and Blue.

Therefore i don't think UI is gone forever, it will return, unexpected or at some point when Goku is obliged to break his limits again. Possibly towards the end of the movie, if not somewhere further on the road along when DB(S) continues.

The gap between Blue Kaioken 20 and mastered UI is absolutely massive. I wouldn't be surprised we saw the introduction of another form / technique that surpasses Blue Kaioken in power. Only to re-introduce MUI again later on, when we had almost forgotten about that it could return. A little bit like when Kaioken, which seemed long forgotten, made it's unexpected return in the U6-arc when combined with Blue.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:23 pm

So we saw a saiyan in the teaser but i think there will be more saiyan villains. Toriyama usually either sends antagonists in pairs (Vegeta-Nappa, Beerus-Whis, Android 19-20, etc), in squads with a leader (Ginyu force, Pride Troopers, Cooler and his Salza squad, Turles and his galactic crimimals, etc) or an army with its elite warriors and the leader (freeza force with Tagoma and Freeza etc).

We don't know how many saiyans we're gonna get but id hope fore the last 2 options i named. Assuming the 3 U6 saiyans are involved, id like to see Vegeta, Caulifla, Kale, Cabba, maybe Gohan and maybe Gotenks agains the sqaud while Goku (of course) gets the leader. It seems like Freeza may be involved so him to. If theres an army lets have the people i named plus the Sadalian army fight.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:13 pm

So if this new guy really is Yamoshi, maybe Super Saiyan God powers will be locked during his manifestation, given that Yamoshi is the one who apparently enables the Super Saiyan God form to exist. If Goku and Vegeta are forced to face Yamoshi in their normal Super Saiyan forms, the Universe 6 Saiyans (if they're involved) might be able to fight on equal ground. That might be why one of the promotion images showed Super Saiyan Goku. Also, I'm willing to bet that Yamoshi's purpose in appearing now is to test the Saiyans. After waiting for thousands of years for six righteous Saiyans to appear and create a Super Saiyan God, he finally found them, and now he wants to see what they're made of.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:22 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:So if this new guy really is Yamoshi, maybe Super Saiyan God powers will be locked during his manifestation, given that Yamoshi is the one who apparently enables the Super Saiyan God form to exist. If Goku and Vegeta are forced to face Yamoshi in their normal Super Saiyan forms, the Universe 6 Saiyans (if they're involved) might be able to fight on equal ground. That might be why one of the promotion images showed Super Saiyan Goku. Also, I'm willing to bet that Yamoshi's purpose in appearing now is to test the Saiyans. After waiting for thousands of years for six righteous Saiyans to appear and create a Super Saiyan God, he finally found them, and now he wants to see what they're made of.

Isn't Yamoshi supposed to be on Goku's (in)side? They could give it some twist to make him the villain. But based on what we now at this point, it seems somehow odd to me.
How can Yamoshi exist outside of Goku? By the ritual in BOG he basically absorbed Yamoshi's spirit. During his battle with Beerus, Goku stated it was Yamoshi who pushed him to go even further and push his limits against Beerus' massive energy attack. So one would rather conclude Yamoshi resides inside Goku, if something exists from him at all. Yamoshi's body was destroyed. So how can he suddenly be there as a physical opponent for Goku? I'm not entirely convinced the big villain of the movie will indeed be Yamoshi. It's more plausible at this point this 'villain' might be some kind of opponent Yamoshi fought/rebelled against during his era. Yamoshi's background story and the origin of the Saiyan powers could set the framework for this long awaited villains return.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:11 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:So if this new guy really is Yamoshi, maybe Super Saiyan God powers will be locked during his manifestation, given that Yamoshi is the one who apparently enables the Super Saiyan God form to exist. If Goku and Vegeta are forced to face Yamoshi in their normal Super Saiyan forms, the Universe 6 Saiyans (if they're involved) might be able to fight on equal ground. That might be why one of the promotion images showed Super Saiyan Goku. Also, I'm willing to bet that Yamoshi's purpose in appearing now is to test the Saiyans. After waiting for thousands of years for six righteous Saiyans to appear and create a Super Saiyan God, he finally found them, and now he wants to see what they're made of.

Isn't Yamoshi supposed to be on Goku's (in)side? They could give it some twist to make him the villain. But based on what we now at this point, it seems somehow odd to me.
How can Yamoshi exist outside of Goku? By the ritual in BOG he basically absorbed Yamoshi's spirit. During his battle with Beerus, Goku stated it was Yamoshi who pushed him to go even further and push his limits against Beerus' massive energy attack. So one would rather conclude Yamoshi resides inside Goku, if something exists from him at all. Yamoshi's body was destroyed. So how can he suddenly be there as a physical opponent for Goku? I'm not entirely convinced the big villain of the movie will indeed be Yamoshi. It's more plausible at this point this 'villain' might be some kind of opponent Yamoshi fought/rebelled against during his era. Yamoshi's background story and the origin of the Saiyan powers could set the framework for this long awaited villains return.
Goku never stated that Yamoshi pushed him to go further. You’re talking about a line from the English dub. First off, that line was never in the original Japanese version and two, the dub line came out before we even knew who Yamoshi was. Don’t take the quote seriously. Also, its not smart to assume that Yamoshi is in Goku because that would be like saying you need Yamoshi to get God Ki but Vegeta also has God Ki.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:38 pm

Goku could always use Omen instead as that is also weaker than MUI or is Omen gone now?

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:39 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:

Goku never stated that Yamoshi pushed him to go further. You’re talking about a line from the English dub. First off, that line was never in the original Japanese version and two, the dub line came out before we even knew who Yamoshi was. Don’t take the quote seriously. Also, its not smart to assume that Yamoshi is in Goku because that would be like saying you need Yamoshi to get God Ki but Vegeta also has God Ki.

I know the current SSJG-transformation (and access to God-Ki) Goku has is due to spiritual training with Whis, he basically lost the God-Ki-powers he had obtained during the ritual. But the ritual did occur, did it, it's canon? So why couldn't Yamoshi still reside somehwere inside Goku? Anyway, Yamoshi carried over his soul through six rigtheous Saiyans. Yamoshi probably was pure-hearted as well, so why would he be the enemy in the movie?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:16 pm

So wasn’t there something going on right now and that we could get movie news any time now? Or was that a rumor??

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:42 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:So wasn’t there something going on right now and that we could get movie news any time now? Or was that a rumor??
I think the news ended up being just the teaser and/or the announcement about the movie during that 22nd-25th event in Japan.

As for any future movie-news...I think it's going to probably be the way it was when BOG and F were awaiting their theatrical release; check monthly VJump, check (Bimonthly? Monthly? I stopped following it.) Saikyo Jump. As we get into the 2nd half of the year check things like where you'd go for the now former DBS summary spoilers (Animedia and Animage). Maybe there'll be something in NewType the closer we get.

There may be other sources outside of the official https://twitter.com/DB_super2015 Twitter, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Been a while since I've been in DBMovie mode.

Also the movie's official site: http://www.dbmovie-20th.com/
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:13 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:I know the current SSJG-transformation (and access to God-Ki) Goku has is due to spiritual training with Whis, he basically lost the God-Ki-powers he had obtained during the ritual. But the ritual did occur, did it, it's canon? So why couldn't Yamoshi still reside somehwere inside Goku? Anyway, Yamoshi carried over his soul through six rigtheous Saiyans. Yamoshi probably was pure-hearted as well, so why would he be the enemy in the movie?
Do we know for sure that the Saiyan in the teaser is evil? I don't think it was ever stated. Just because he's fighting Goku and looks angry doesn't mean he's evil. It might be a Beerus type situation, where the antagonist isn't evil. He may just want Goku to restore his faith in the Saiyans. Who knows? He may not even be the main antagonist of the movie.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:33 pm

Chuquita wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:So wasn’t there something going on right now and that we could get movie news any time now? Or was that a rumor??
I think the news ended up being just the teaser and/or the announcement about the movie during that 22nd-25th event in Japan.

As for any future movie-news...I think it's going to probably be the way it was when BOG and F were awaiting their theatrical release; check monthly VJump, check (Bimonthly? Monthly? I stopped following it.) Saikyo Jump. As we get into the 2nd half of the year check things like where you'd go for the now former DBS summary spoilers (Animedia and Animage). Maybe there'll be something in NewType the closer we get.

There may be other sources outside of the official https://twitter.com/DB_super2015 Twitter, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Been a while since I've been in DBMovie mode.

Also the movie's official site: http://www.dbmovie-20th.com/
Ah i see. Thanks! I guess we’re just gonna have to be patient on this one. And hope that something interesting soon gets revealed.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:16 am

Mister_Popo wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:Do you guys fear that the only reason Goku was nerfed: not being able to turn UI on his own was to use that was a trump card to defeat the movie villain?

The fact he has mastered the UI-form, does not mean he is able to tap in whenever he wants. For the time being i think they want to reserve it to stay a limit-breaking-form. If he could tap in to it like with Blue or the normal SSJ-forms, with the stories planned, Goku would become absurdly strong way too fast. He has achieved a state above the gods, above Jiren ... They aren't a lot of creatures in the multiverse, apart from the angels, that are able to top that. So i think they are doing it on purpose to preserve opportunities in the story-telling later on when DB(S) continues. Villains that match Blue are way easier to find than villains that match UI.

They want to preserve UI for the special moments. It's also a lot more difficult to animate, because of the aura and all the detail it demands, than the normal forms and Blue.

Therefore i don't think UI is gone forever, it will return, unexpected or at some point when Goku is obliged to break his limits again. Possibly towards the end of the movie, if not somewhere further on the road along when DB(S) continues.

The gap between Blue Kaioken 20 and mastered UI is absolutely massive. I wouldn't be surprised we saw the introduction of another form / technique that surpasses Blue Kaioken in power. Only to re-introduce MUI again later on, when we had almost forgotten about that it could return. A little bit like when Kaioken, which seemed long forgotten, made it's unexpected return in the U6-arc when combined with Blue.
I think that is a good idea because it keeps the feeling of things are about to go down when MUI shows up again. I think that eventually they will allow Goku to use MUI at will. But, I think it is a good idea to not give it to him fully right now. I hope that we at least see it in the movie.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:19 am

Is this fake?

Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:46 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Is this fake?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That's real. It's the banner image for the official Dragon Ball Super Twitter account.

Any ideas as to when we'll probably see a poster for this movie? The Poster for Resurrection 'F' released 5 months before the premier of the film, so would it be safe to assume that we'll see something in July-ish? Or, because of the longer production time this film is getting compared to the last two, we'll we see something sooner?