Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:18 am

Michsi wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:That DB U.S tour is DBS and movie related:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

This global release looks like it may actually be a thing...
That first image is made specially for the tour that is meant to promote the movie, right? I'm a little surprised they still used the old style, though I guess it makes some sense seeing as Super is still airing in the U.S. and that style is what most are familiar with.

Seeing them so close together makes it even more apparent how different they are.
No. Its not advertising the movie. Just the tour.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:39 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:That DB U.S tour is DBS and movie related:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

This global release looks like it may actually be a thing...
That first image is made specially for the tour that is meant to promote the movie, right? I'm a little surprised they still used the old style, though I guess it makes some sense seeing as Super is still airing in the U.S. and that style is what most are familiar with.

Seeing them so close together makes it even more apparent how different they are.
No. Its not advertising the movie. Just the tour.
But, they could use the tour to promote the new film.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:49 pm

DragonDealer wrote:I think it would be cool if the Saiyan enemy in this movie is the "real" Super Saiyan God that Beerus dreamt about, maybe he's a god of destruction from one of the destroyed universes (which maybe now are back after 17's wish?).

I'd really like to see a transformation related to the tail, like SSJ4, although I always thought that any enemy could just cut the tail and win easily against a SSJ4.
Well, your first blurb is flat out impossible.

Yamoshi, the legendary Super Saiyan, is the reason the SSG exists. His death and subsequent wandering spirit resulted in the Namekians writing down the knowledge of the SSG in the Namekian Book of Legends and Beerus getting his premonition of a SSG; these were because the Namekian Grand Elder at the time and Beerus had sensed Yamoshi's wandering spirit.

People need to spread the word on the SSG backstory provided by Toriyama; too many fans either don't know about it or misinterpret it.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:47 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
DragonDealer wrote:I think it would be cool if the Saiyan enemy in this movie is the "real" Super Saiyan God that Beerus dreamt about, maybe he's a god of destruction from one of the destroyed universes (which maybe now are back after 17's wish?).

I'd really like to see a transformation related to the tail, like SSJ4, although I always thought that any enemy could just cut the tail and win easily against a SSJ4.

Yamoshi, the legendary Super Saiyan, is the reason the SSG exists. His death and subsequent wandering spirit resulted in the Namekians writing down the knowledge of the SSG in the Namekian Book of Legends and Beerus getting his premonition of a SSG; these were because the Namekian Grand Elder at the time and Beerus had sensed Yamoshi's wandering spirit.

People need to spread the word on the SSG backstory provided by Toriyama; too many fans either don't know about it or misinterpret it.
I don't understand why people want a transformation like SSJ4.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:13 am

majinwarman wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:

I don't understand why people want a transformation like SSJ4.
I think it's just cause it looks badass, and it ties into the saiyan's original transformation
Get Fucked, C_unt

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:22 am

I hope we actually see the Namekian Book of Legends in this movie and is then revealed to have quite a lot of different legends in it which leaves many things open for future stories.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:57 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:I hope we actually see the Namekian Book of Legends in this movie and is then revealed to have quite a lot of different legends in it which leaves many things open for future stories.
Yeah this might be nice.

I really hope the original six angels from the missing universes turn up, perhaps with revived hakaishin from their worlds

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:09 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:I hope we actually see the Namekian Book of Legends in this movie and is then revealed to have quite a lot of different legends in it which leaves many things open for future stories.
Was this book even mentioned in the Super manga?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:11 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
No,but back then manga was only for promotion.Toriyama has mentioned it and if it is going to be important,then it will be included as well.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:14 pm

Hawk9211 wrote:No, but back then manga was only for promotion.Toriyama has mentioned it and if it is going to be important,then it will be included as well.
It still only promotional, even considering the anime ended a time ago. My point is that Toriyama may not consider things mentioned in the anime.

by Doctor.

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:23 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:No, but back then manga was only for promotion.Toriyama has mentioned it and if it is going to be important,then it will be included as well.
It still only promotional, even considering the anime ended a time ago. My point is that Toriyama may not consider things mentioned in the anime.
Toriyama has mentioned the book in the interview.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:46 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Is it really just promotional? Thought the general opinion was that it stopped beign promotional halfway through the U6 arc. Toriyama calls it a continuation of his manga too, I doubt he would give that honor to mere promotional material.
Get Fucked, C_unt

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:51 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Is it really just promotional? Thought the general opinion was that it stopped beign promotional halfway through the U6 arc. Toriyama calls it a continuation of his manga too, I doubt he would give that honor to mere promotional material.
Well considering nothing regarding the DBS manga has been marketed (except for when it's marketing itself) then yes the manga is still technically promotion for the anime, and soon will be the same for the movie.
jeffbr92 wrote:
Again, what difference would that make? Manga isn't the main product. We know Namekian BoL came directly from Toriyama as did the the post Buu stuff and retellings.

Yet the manga didn't mention the BoL, skipped some of the post Buu stuff and entirely skipped ResF retelling...

Saturnine

Post by Saturnine » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:56 am

Overall, introducing an ancient Saiyan is the best possibke opportunity to bring in a primal SSj4-luke transformation. Modern Saiyans have outgrown their monkey heritage. Hell, U6 Saiyans don't even grow tails naturally anymore.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:48 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Again, what difference would that make? Manga isn't the main product.
Again: I'm well aware of that, my point was if Toriyama do not consider things anime only.

by Doctor.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:46 am

New poster... kinda? It's basically just the Shintani Goku character design in front of a glacier background.
Ice seems to be a prevalent thing in this new movie judging by all the promo. Would be cool if we see Ultra Instinct in that kind of environment. The heat coming off of Goku's transformation would melt all the ice around him.

EDIT: Also, if you go on to the official website, they've updated it. Sometimes Goku will appear in the usual white background, but you can also see him with the glacier background if you refresh the page enough times. It's completely random.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
So yeah, that's neat.
Last edited by Super Saiyan Swagger on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:54 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:New poster... kinda? It's basically just the Shintani Goku character design in front of a glacier background.
Ice seems to be a prevalent thing in this new movie judging by all the promo. Would be cool if we see Ultra Instinct in that kind of environment. The heat coming off of Goku's transformation would melt all the ice around him.
Yeah, hopefully they use that kind of location thematically as well.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:20 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:New poster... kinda? It's basically just the Shintani Goku character design in front of a glacier background.

EDIT: Also, if you go on to the official website, they've updated it. Sometimes Goku will appear in the usual white background, but you can also see him with the glacier background if you refresh the page enough times. It's completely random.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
So yeah, that's neat.
The glacier setting reminds me of the Android 13 movie
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:03 am

More ice push:
Seems to be the silhouette of the bad guy, also confirms he has a tail.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:06 am

I've always liked Ice locations and this'll be a nice change from the dark backgrounds we had in the tournament and RF.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.