Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:50 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I dont expect just one villain or an army of henchmen. I’m expecting a squad of 5 to 7 saiyans as villains with the squad leader being the main villain.
You get a saiyan! you get a saiyan! You get a Saiyan! Everyone gets their own Saiyan to make a bitch out of!
After how Saiyans have dominated the entire power hierarchy like it's their goddam birthright, this will be a nice change of pace and very welcome..

I am onboard :mrgreen:
Not so fast. There is just as much a chance that the U6 saiyans come and it just ends up becoming saiyans vs saiyans. Goku, Vegeta, Caulifla, Kale, Cabba, and Gohan is already 6 saiyans. Maybe they could have Kefla instead of Kale and Caulifla separately. Piccolo could be the only non-saiyan since he’s being heavily advertised. Then there’s Gotenks.

The earthlings are probably too weak.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:55 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I dont expect just one villain or an army of henchmen. I’m expecting a squad of 5 to 7 saiyans as villains with the squad leader being the main villain.
You get a saiyan! you get a saiyan! You get a Saiyan! Everyone gets their own Saiyan to make a bitch out of!
After how Saiyans have dominated the entire power hierarchy like it's their goddam birthright, this will be a nice change of pace and very welcome..

I am onboard :mrgreen:
Not so fast. There is just as much a chance that the U6 saiyans come and it just ends up becoming saiyans vs saiyans. Goku, Vegeta, Caulifla, Kale, Cabba, and Gohan is already 6 saiyans. Maybe they could have Kefla instead of Kale and Caulifla separately. Piccolo could be the only non-saiyan since he’s being heavily advertised. Then there’s Gotenks.

The earthlings are probably too weak.
Inter universe travel being as time consuming as it is and few other factors related to this ultimately being a time limited movie leads me to eliminate the chance of Universe 6 Saiyans participating instead of earthlings..
I am not suggesting they absolutely can't be present, but the idea of them straight up replacing earthling fighters present right there when it's earth that the fight might be on dosen't sit right..

There's nothing saying all the saiyans have to be strong enough to rival the few privileged Saiyans we see, infact, most of them should be considerably weaker than your average z fighter if all they had for training were "not gods" as teachers..

Not every saiyan can get the excuse of potential or god teachers, those Saiyans will be the ones earthling fighters can have..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:17 pm

sintzu wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
I'm not expecting Vegeta to be the hero or anything but surely he's going to get an epic fight with whoever this saiyan is.
That depends on how you define 'epic'. :twisted:
AnimeNation101 wrote:I dont expect just one villain or an army of henchmen. I’m expecting a squad of 5 to 7 saiyans as villains with the squad leader being the main villain.
I expect that but hope the fights won't been in the same location so the fights can happen without stronger fighters helping weaker ones and just one shotting as that would be boring. Also don't want Goku coming in at the last minute and beating many people up.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:33 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:That depends on how you define 'epic'. :twisted:
Getting a few good hits in before going down. As long as it's more than what Piccolo does we should be good. 8)
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Whatever
Regular
Posts: 713
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:03 pm

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Whatever » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I'd rather there be no henchmen or mooks. Surely they could have a way of making others relevant without fighting mooks stalling for Goku to come and save the day! Where they all scream "Goku" collectively with tears of joy.

I really don't trust Toriyama at all. Why my expectations for anyone other than Goku are severely low yes even Vegeta.
What are you talking about,Toriyama is known for treating the secondary cast well.

Also how could they make the others relevant without fighting mooks?
They are nowhere close to being usefull against the main villain outside of Vegeta unless they go the Freeza route and have him use his weaker forms on the Z fighters and its not like Goku would be out of commision so they could move the plot in his place either.

There are not many ways to make them usefull otherwise.

AnimeNation101 wrote: Not so fast. There is just as much a chance that the U6 saiyans come and it just ends up becoming saiyans vs saiyans. Goku, Vegeta, Caulifla, Kale, Cabba, and Gohan is already 6 saiyans. Maybe they could have Kefla instead of Kale and Caulifla separately. Piccolo could be the only non-saiyan since he’s being heavily advertised. Then there’s Gotenks.
Who?

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2763
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:47 pm

If Vegeta gets Ultra Instinct he would take this Saiyan down, no doubt. But i’m 95% sure he won’t get it. So he’s pretty much fucked. That said, i do hope he will get a few good shots in with his SSBE form.
“The fool looks for God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:55 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: You get a saiyan! you get a saiyan! You get a Saiyan! Everyone gets their own Saiyan to make a bitch out of!
After how Saiyans have dominated the entire power hierarchy like it's their goddam birthright, this will be a nice change of pace and very welcome..

I am onboard :mrgreen:
Not so fast. There is just as much a chance that the U6 saiyans come and it just ends up becoming saiyans vs saiyans. Goku, Vegeta, Caulifla, Kale, Cabba, and Gohan is already 6 saiyans. Maybe they could have Kefla instead of Kale and Caulifla separately. Piccolo could be the only non-saiyan since he’s being heavily advertised. Then there’s Gotenks.

The earthlings are probably too weak.
Inter universe travel being as time consuming as it is and few other factors related to this ultimately being a time limited movie leads me to eliminate the chance of Universe 6 Saiyans participating instead of earthlings..
I am not suggesting they absolutely can't be present, but the idea of them straight up replacing earthling fighters present right there when it's earth that the fight might be on dosen't sit right..

There's nothing saying all the saiyans have to be strong enough to rival the few privileged Saiyans we see, infact, most of them should be considerably weaker than your average z fighter if all they had for training were "not gods" as teachers..

Not every saiyan can get the excuse of potential or god teachers, those Saiyans will be the ones earthling fighters can have..
Tin wouldn’t make sense to have all the saiyans be so far apart in power from their leader. I’m pretty sure they’ll be only a little less powerful than the leader. But anything is up in the air at this point.
Whatever wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:I'd rather there be no henchmen or mooks. Surely they could have a way of making others relevant without fighting mooks stalling for Goku to come and save the day! Where they all scream "Goku" collectively with tears of joy.

I really don't trust Toriyama at all. Why my expectations for anyone other than Goku are severely low yes even Vegeta.
What are you talking about,Toriyama is known for treating the secondary cast well.

Also how could they make the others relevant without fighting mooks?
They are nowhere close to being usefull against the main villain outside of Vegeta unless they go the Freeza route and have him use his weaker forms on the Z fighters and its not like Goku would be out of commision so they could move the plot in his place either.

There are not many ways to make them usefull otherwise.

AnimeNation101 wrote: Not so fast. There is just as much a chance that the U6 saiyans come and it just ends up becoming saiyans vs saiyans. Goku, Vegeta, Caulifla, Kale, Cabba, and Gohan is already 6 saiyans. Maybe they could have Kefla instead of Kale and Caulifla separately. Piccolo could be the only non-saiyan since he’s being heavily advertised. Then there’s Gotenks.
Who?
You know. The u6 saiyans. The ones that got a whole bunch of episodes including a 4 episode battle with Goku. The ones that have been the most hinted at to get their own arc at Planet Sadala. The ones that are already way stronger than the earthling z fighters.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by sintzu » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:37 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:If Vegeta gets Ultra Instinct he would take this Saiyan down, no doubt. But i’m 95% sure he won’t get it. So he’s pretty much fucked. That said, i do hope he will get a few good shots in with his SSBE form.
If he's going to get UI it most likely will be Omen which won't be enough to take him down as they'll want to show Goku's mastered one in action again.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
alakazam^
I Live Here
Posts: 2714
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:55 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:24 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:You know. The u6 saiyans. The ones that got a whole bunch of episodes including a 4 episode battle with Goku. The ones that have been the most hinted at to get their own arc at Planet Sadala. The ones that are already way stronger than the earthling z fighters.
Yeah, the ones that can't travel between Universes. And no, a couple of mentions does not make a hint for a future arc.

People really need to drop this "U6 and Sadala arc" already. No one will leave their own Universe unless its corresponding Angel wants and the Angels don't care about field days.

Kaioushin is a pushover but not that much.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2763
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:28 pm

sintzu wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:If Vegeta gets Ultra Instinct he would take this Saiyan down, no doubt. But i’m 95% sure he won’t get it. So he’s pretty much fucked. That said, i do hope he will get a few good shots in with his SSBE form.
If he's going to get UI it most likely will be Omen which won't be enough to take him down as they'll want to show Goku's mastered one in action again.
I guess i’d take that over no UI at all.
“The fool looks for God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by IndieBooToo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:53 pm

Here's most likely what will happen

Only Goku, Vegeta and Frieza will get any real fighting scenes with the new Saiyan. The others get oneshotted.

Vegeta spends most of his fight jobbing and gets no UI

Goku and Frieza team up once again to defeat the new Saiyan with Goku reawakening UI once again and Frieza unlocking some new form due to his training.

They beat the new Saiyan somehow.

That will be the plot of the movie when it comes to fights.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thr

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:08 am

alakazam^ wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:You know. The u6 saiyans. The ones that got a whole bunch of episodes including a 4 episode battle with Goku. The ones that have been the most hinted at to get their own arc at Planet Sadala. The ones that are already way stronger than the earthling z fighters.
Yeah, the ones that can't travel between Universes. And no, a couple of mentions does not make a hint for a future arc.

People really need to drop this "U6 and Sadala arc" already. No one will leave their own Universe unless its corresponding Angel wants and the Angels don't care about field days.

Kaioushin is a pushover but not that much.
r u serious? They’ve foreshadowed a U6 Sadala Arc more than any other arc in db history. They could easily just use the cube or Whis could bring them their because why would he say no? And for the movie, the U6 saiyans could happen to be visiting U7 via their cube or Vados bringing them.

You say that there won’t be a U6 Sadala Arc but where is your proof? Because the series has given flat out statements that atleast Vegeta will go to Sadala.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:10 am

IndieBooToo wrote:Here's most likely what will happen

Only Goku, Vegeta and Frieza will get any real fighting scenes with the new Saiyan. The others get oneshotted.

Vegeta spends most of his fight jobbing and gets no UI

Goku and Frieza team up once again to defeat the new Saiyan with Goku reawakening UI once again and Frieza unlocking some new form due to his training.

They beat the new Saiyan somehow.

That will be the plot of the movie when it comes to fights.
Here’s the problem. You’ve described the average db movie plot line. This is a canon, fully Toriyama written movie plot line. Anything could happen. On a side note, it seems more likely that Freeza would job more than Vegeta since Vegeta is stronger and it a more prominent character. At the very most, they double job leaving the rest to UI Goku.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

IndieBooToo
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:16 pm

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by IndieBooToo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:21 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:Here's most likely what will happen

Only Goku, Vegeta and Frieza will get any real fighting scenes with the new Saiyan. The others get oneshotted.

Vegeta spends most of his fight jobbing and gets no UI

Goku and Frieza team up once again to defeat the new Saiyan with Goku reawakening UI once again and Frieza unlocking some new form due to his training.

They beat the new Saiyan somehow.

That will be the plot of the movie when it comes to fights.
Here’s the problem. You’ve described the average db movie plot line. This is a canon, fully Toriyama written movie plot line. Anything could happen. On a side note, it seems more likely that Freeza would job more than Vegeta since Vegeta is stronger and it a more prominent character. At the very most, they double job leaving the rest to UI Goku.
Nah Vegeta is more likely to job since it's his job especially since Frieza would have trained and surpass Vegeta once again. Frieza is more prominent so it will be Goku and Frieza vs. New Saiyan at the end. Vegeta at best may cry and send Goku some energy or something so Goku can use one last attack alongside Frieza to win.

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:25 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: Tin wouldn’t make sense to have all the saiyans be so far apart in power from their leader.
Well, this is not necessarily something Dragonball wouldn't do though..
The entire Ginyu force was so much more weaker than Freeza, base Goku could one shot recoome but couldn't even scratch Freeza..
A similar route can be taken for this movie as well. If humans are to be made of any significance this seems like a valid path alongside few other options..

If nothing else, hopefully at least something akin to Rof army fight takes place
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 4157
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Location: Dragon World
Contact:

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:42 am

I see people being quite sure about what will happen in the movie regarding the big fight with the main villain.
I am quite sure no one will be able to accurately predict the outcome of the battle, as it usually happens with Dragon Ball stories. For all I know, Beerus may be the one who gets the final kill, but it could also be a fighter from a different universe such as Jiren, or Vegeta, 17, Piccolo, Roshi or even Yamoshi if he appears in the movie. I wouldn’t mind if Goku won but at this point it’s silly to be so sure Goku will get the kill. He will surely get the spotlight and use UI once again, but I expect to be surprised by the outcome of the fights and I will probably be.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

User avatar
Issei189
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:27 am

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Issei189 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:10 am

IndieBooToo wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:Here's most likely what will happen

Only Goku, Vegeta and Frieza will get any real fighting scenes with the new Saiyan. The others get oneshotted.

Vegeta spends most of his fight jobbing and gets no UI

Goku and Frieza team up once again to defeat the new Saiyan with Goku reawakening UI once again and Frieza unlocking some new form due to his training.

They beat the new Saiyan somehow.

That will be the plot of the movie when it comes to fights.
Here’s the problem. You’ve described the average db movie plot line. This is a canon, fully Toriyama written movie plot line. Anything could happen. On a side note, it seems more likely that Freeza would job more than Vegeta since Vegeta is stronger and it a more prominent character. At the very most, they double job leaving the rest to UI Goku.
Nah Vegeta is more likely to job since it's his job especially since Frieza would have trained and surpass Vegeta once again. Frieza is more prominent so it will be Goku and Frieza vs. New Saiyan at the end. Vegeta at best may cry and send Goku some energy or something so Goku can use one last attack alongside Frieza to win.
Thats like me saying Android 17 is more prominent because of his role from the TOP and I can bring up Frieza's worst from the ROF and TOP where he got reckt because of his inflated ego, so Why are you being a dick to him ? Both Vegeta and Frieza will have their moments, so don't get your jimmes rustled just because people like Vegeta.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1698
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:37 am

emperior wrote:I see people being quite sure about what will happen in the movie regarding the big fight with the main villain.
I am quite sure no one will be able to accurately predict the outcome of the battle, as it usually happens with Dragon Ball stories. For all I know, Beerus may be the one who gets the final kill, but it could also be a fighter from a different universe such as Jiren, or Vegeta, 17, Piccolo, Roshi or even Yamoshi if he appears in the movie. I wouldn’t mind if Goku won but at this point it’s silly to be so sure Goku will get the kill. He will surely get the spotlight and use UI once again, but I expect to be surprised by the outcome of the fights and I will probably be.
I can see that happen.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:48 am

IndieBooToo wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:Here's most likely what will happen

Only Goku, Vegeta and Frieza will get any real fighting scenes with the new Saiyan. The others get oneshotted.

Vegeta spends most of his fight jobbing and gets no UI

Goku and Frieza team up once again to defeat the new Saiyan with Goku reawakening UI once again and Frieza unlocking some new form due to his training.

They beat the new Saiyan somehow.

That will be the plot of the movie when it comes to fights.
Here’s the problem. You’ve described the average db movie plot line. This is a canon, fully Toriyama written movie plot line. Anything could happen. On a side note, it seems more likely that Freeza would job more than Vegeta since Vegeta is stronger and it a more prominent character. At the very most, they double job leaving the rest to UI Goku.
Nah Vegeta is more likely to job since it's his job especially since Frieza would have trained and surpass Vegeta once again. Frieza is more prominent so it will be Goku and Frieza vs. New Saiyan at the end. Vegeta at best may cry and send Goku some energy or something so Goku can use one last attack alongside Frieza to win.
Just reading this I can sense that you’re a Vegeta hater so this might not get through to you but Freeza is nowhere near as prominent as Vegeta. Vegeta is basically the second main character in dragon ball. If Freeza were more prominent, his movie design would have been released first alongside Goku but nope. That was Vegeta we got. And at this moment Vegeta is stronger than Goku so if Freeza became stronger than Vegeta he would have to become stronger than Goku and that will not happen.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Toxin45
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:35 pm

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Toxin45 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:51 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Here’s the problem. You’ve described the average db movie plot line. This is a canon, fully Toriyama written movie plot line. Anything could happen. On a side note, it seems more likely that Freeza would job more than Vegeta since Vegeta is stronger and it a more prominent character. At the very most, they double job leaving the rest to UI Goku.
Nah Vegeta is more likely to job since it's his job especially since Frieza would have trained and surpass Vegeta once again. Frieza is more prominent so it will be Goku and Frieza vs. New Saiyan at the end. Vegeta at best may cry and send Goku some energy or something so Goku can use one last attack alongside Frieza to win.
Just reading this I can sense that you’re a Vegeta hater so this might not get through to you but Freeza is nowhere near as prominent as Vegeta. Vegeta is basically the second main character in dragon ball. If Freeza were more prominent, his movie design would have been released first alongside Goku but nope. That was Vegeta we got. And at this moment Vegeta is stronger than Goku so if Freeza became stronger than Vegeta he would have to become stronger than Goku and that will not happen.
Still vegeta would be jobbed and also Frieza will be involved in some way.

Post Reply