Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:59 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Xeogran wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:More Freeza is always good
Hahaha. I'm remembering the days when Freeza was revealed to be back for ToP and people were exactly opposite of that. Oh how times have changed.
It helps that the TOP Freeza was so well written that fans wanted more of him.
Freeza is my favorite character so I like it when he is well written and just great to watch every single time he is on screen.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:10 pm

I'll be mad if Freeza is just in the movie to job to the new villain in order to hype him up and I'll be equally mad if they end it with a Goku + Freeza team-up. Or if he gets killed off this movie.

Do something new and interesting with him or keep him out.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Doctor. wrote:I'll be mad if Freeza is just in the movie to job to the new villain in order to hype him up and I'll be equally mad if they end it with a Goku + Freeza team-up. Or if he gets killed off this movie.

Shouldn't Jiren or beerus should have the role of jobbing to the new villain since both of those character are far stronger than Frieza.
Mostly active on discord.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:46 pm

The gr wrote:
Doctor. wrote:I'll be mad if Freeza is just in the movie to job to the new villain in order to hype him up and I'll be equally mad if they end it with a Goku + Freeza team-up. Or if he gets killed off this movie.

Shouldn't Jiren or beerus should have the role of jobbing to the new villain since both of those character are far stronger than Frieza.
I highly doubt we're getting someone as strong as either of those 2 as things power wise would get too out of hand for future stories.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:02 pm

I'm so happy Freeza will be in the movie! He's my favorite character! I just hope they won't kill him again or something.

I also hope his henchmen won't be weak. It's nice to see a female henchmen for once. I think Zangya was the only female henchmen in the show and she was non-canon.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Where are the character designs for the two new deuteragonists from u6? I was promised they would be in the movie and replace Vegeta as the 2nd fiddle

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:25 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:Where are the character designs for the two new deuteragonists from u6? I was promised they would be in the movie and replace Vegeta as the 2nd fiddle
Lol wat?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:32 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:Where are the character designs for the two new deuteragonists from u6? I was promised they would be in the movie and replace Vegeta as the 2nd fiddle
Lol wat?
Maybe he/she had too much to drink. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:05 pm

As long as they don't kill Freeza again, I'm glad to have him back and that's thanks to the fantastic job DBS staff did with him in Universe Survival arc.
He's more interesting than the boring redundant and tsundere Vegeta.

If it was for Toriyama or Toyotaro, I couldn't care less about him at this point. Maybe Toei can give some notes to Toriyama on how to make Freeza interesting... :wink:
They were so on-fire in TOP that the "non-canon" Omen version of Ultra Instinct makes more sense and looks better than the Mastered Version from Toriyama...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:19 pm

So what would you propose they do with him if neither of those?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:29 pm

While I don't like having Freeza roaming around and would rather they moved on from him, they wrote him so incredibly well in the TOP that it's hard for me to be frustrated about him. Freeza was one of the best written characters in the TOP imo so if he gets the same level of writing in this movie it'll be worth his inclusion, I think.

I'm also wondering if his new three henchwomen are going to be plot level with Caulifla and Kale as fighters OR if they're the equivalent of the Oracle fish complete with idols voicing them. Or maybe somewhere in between.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:37 pm

:clap:

You and I can clank glasses.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:42 pm

PFM18 wrote:

So what would you propose they do with him if neither of those?
I'm not a writer, but I think it would be interesting if the movie has two plots. One plot following Goku vs the new threat and the other following Freeza's antics, then the two subplots converge at the end somehow hinting at the next movie/story arc for the new anime series. I think that would be a good way to incorporate Freeza into a new story. If his role plays out like how I mentioned, it'll just end up feeling shoehorned.

Honestly, I would like them to follow-up on the Freeza/U9 connection (even if it's most likely just an anime-only thing) and have him find a way to go to U9 and try to get high up in the hierarchy there, since he knows it's impossible in U7 with Goku and Beerus around.

We've seen him job to the new threat like 4 times in the ToP and him teaming up with Goku was interesting and well-done in the tournament because it was fresh and new; doing it again wouldn't be as special.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:20 pm

New scan!

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Goku and Vegeta wearing a coat over their fighting clothes gives me life. I like the designs for these new characters. The short yellow guy is reminding me of Sorbet, probably because of his armour and the shape of his head. Freeza looks better than ever.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:27 pm

Who promised you that? A kid who said his uncle works at Toei?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:31 pm

Welp, Chirai is cute and hot and that's all that matters.

Please give me lots of lively Chirai animation!

Also, Freeza looks incredible. His ears are finally round again and his facial expression is so detailed!
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Is something happening on the 20th of July? Because judging by the size of the font on the bottom of that scan it seems like some pretty important stuff is happening on that day. A poster? A trailer?

RedHeat
Regular

Post by RedHeat » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:44 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Is something happening on the 20th of July? Because judging by the size of the font on the bottom of that scan it seems like some pretty important stuff is happening on that day. A poster? A trailer?
Tickets go for pre-sale.
Feels over Reals.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:52 pm

THE COATS ARE HERE!

I like how they're just coats that Vegeta and Goku wear over their normal clothes XD