Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Michsi
I Live Here

Re: Official "DB Super 2018 Movie" Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:08 am

ekrolo2 wrote:Kikono better not be the same guy from Minus. I need Minus related anything to get brought up like I need a throbbing, constant pain in my balls.
Simere wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:I guarantee you Freeza trying to control the gods was empty BS they threw in. Remember how Omen was teased with a poster saying the time of the gods was coming to an end? Amounted to nothing.
"The work|technique of the gods ends/is perfected here" is what it said, which did happen. That the "work ends" interpretation meant the end of the reign of the gods was just a wild and fanciful fan theory.
Wow, I was not aware that was a gross mistranslation. I guess I should've knowing given DBs clickbait problem :P

As it was already mentioned, it was more of a misinterpretation than a mistranslation. Freeza's monologue + the "Omen" teaser made for a really intriguing theory which is why a lot of people bought into it, myself included. Or at least, I had hoped the story would be more ambitious with its plot and ideas. It's fun to speculate, however, if the actual story ends up being less interesting than what the fans have made up, then that becomes a problem.
Last edited by Michsi on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:59 am

Simere wrote:Neither in the movie or in a future series will a big deal be made about the U6 saiyans, especially not their history.
How could you possibly know that for certain?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:57 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Says the temporarily banned one
I don't see how someone's former temporary ban is relevant to this discussion. Are you trying to shame them into silence?

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:13 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:The U6 Saiyans should stay in the trash can. This movie should and will be exclusive to U7 Saiyans and Frieza only.
Says the temporarily banned one
I don't see what that has to do with his point. I agree with him. I dont want the U6 Saiyans anywhere near this movie.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:46 pm

If the series continue, we will probably gonna see Cabba, Kale and Caulifla back at some point, but i also don't think they'll be in this movie. Everything until know points out a story about U7 and its history.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:If the series continue, we will probably gonna see Cabba, Kale and Caulifla back at some point, but i also don't think they'll be in this movie. Everything until know points out a story about U7 and its history.
We shall see.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:33 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Says the temporarily banned one
I don't see how someone's former temporary ban is relevant to this discussion. Are you trying to shame them into silence?
I can’t shame them into silence if they can still reply. Didn’t someone say that even if they aren’t banned, it takes a while for the title to get removed? So he or she can still speak. And if this is relevant, then why bring in up again?
Dbzfan94 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
IndieBooToo wrote:The U6 Saiyans should stay in the trash can. This movie should and will be exclusive to U7 Saiyans and Frieza only.
Says the temporarily banned one
I don't see what that has to do with his point. I agree with him. I dont want the U6 Saiyans anywhere near this movie.
Just stating a fact based on his title. It has nothing to do with his point at all. :thumbup:
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:43 pm

If we were to get the U6 saiyans. I rather have the Caulfila and Kale portrayed in the manga and the Cabba portrayed in the anime.

But it all depends on how many saiyan enemies we get. 5 to 7 is are good numbers and we have Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Freeza right now. Maybe Chirai if she’s strong enough and not just fodder. And maybe Kikono has some hidden power or maybe he’s just the guy with the backstory info on Freeza and the saiyans.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:32 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:If we were to get the U6 saiyans. I rather have the Caulfila and Kale portrayed in the manga and the Cabba portrayed in the anime.

But it all depends on how many saiyan enemies we get. 5 to 7 is are good numbers and we have Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, and Freeza right now. Maybe Chirai if she’s strong enough and not just fodder. And maybe Kikono has some hidden power or maybe he’s just the guy with the backstory info on Freeza and the saiyans.
I wouldn't be surprised if Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Beerus, Whis, Frieza and his soldiers are the only ones involved that are not the new Saiyans.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:39 pm

Hopefully there's more than one villain. Just one doesn't cut it anymore.
I would like to have at least three, so more characters have the chance to shine. Even two is already better than just one.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:48 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:If we were to get the U6 saiyans. I rather have the Caulfila and Kale portrayed in the manga and the Cabba portrayed in the anime.

I wouldn't be surprised if Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Beerus, Whis, Frieza and his soldiers are the only ones involved that are not the new Saiyans.
I feel like Beerus and Whis will only show up in the beginning. They are too powerful to be kept around and when they are there, it takes the impact of the threat away becuase w know that if worse comes to worse, Beerus and Whis will step in.

I think that they be on Earth but they won’t accompany Goku and co on there way to fight.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:52 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Hopefully there's more than one villain. Just one doesn't cut it anymore.
I would like to have at least three, so more characters have the chance to shine. Even two is already better than just one.
I expect at least 5 saiyan enemies. Of those five, i expect at least 1 female saiyan. And due to the Saiyan we’ve seen have the newest Freeza force battle armor, I’d assume him and his saiyan squad crossed paths with some high rank Freeza soldiers and if they really are ancient, the were probably only wearing rags so they jumped the Freeza soldiers and put on their armor. And that’s how Freeza gets directly involved.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:27 pm

The problem with just one villain is that only one character will take the win, unless they fuse or give the final blow together which rarely happens...

A formula that I liked this franchise to lose would be the one where we have one character fighting against the villain and the rest of the cast watching it on the sidelines, doing nothing. BOG and ROF (when only Freeza remains) are the best example of this. The other characters barely do anything once Goku comes and starts fighting the bad guy.

Find something for the other characters to do. It's okay to have part of the cast watching the fight on the sidelines for some minutes, but when they spend a lot of time watching the main character fighting it becomes boring. That's one thing where One Piece excels at. Oda always find something for the other Straw Hats to do.

Talking about ROF in particular, that movie would be better if it had taken notes from Fusion Reborn. Instead of get rid of Freeza's soldiers first and then have Goku/Vegeta take over while all the others back off, scatter the cast. Have Freeza's soldiers scatter through Earth and while Goku/Vegeta are handling Freeza, most of the cast is defeating the soldiers throughout the movie. It's a better way to use the cast than have them defeating Freeza's soldiers first and then do nothing for 30+ minutes.

Well, unlike BOG and ROF this movie will have a fantastic director so I expect him to execute whatever Toriyama writes in the best possible way.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:35 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Hopefully there's more than one villain. Just one doesn't cut it anymore.
I would be shocked if there was just one. Didn't AT say that this movie would have a lot of Saiyans in it?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:06 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

I feel like Beerus and Whis will only show up in the beginning. They are too powerful to be kept around and when they are there, it takes the impact of the threat away becuase w know that if worse comes to worse, Beerus and Whis will step in.

I think that they be on Earth but they won’t accompany Goku and co on there way to fight.
They probably won't do much and maybe the film starts out with Beerus telling Goku to go sort out Frieza who is causing chaos again.

Goku then leaves with some people and ends up on a new planet with Frieza and the Saiyan villain appears.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:21 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

They probably won't do much and maybe the film starts out with Beerus telling Goku to go sort out Frieza who is causing chaos again.

Goku then leaves with some people and ends up on a new planet with Frieza and the Saiyan villain appears.
I think it will go down like this assuming the U6 saiyans aren’t apart of it:

-Squad of ancient saiyans show up on one of Freeza’s planets and quickly dispatches of some of Freeza’s best men and end up stealing their battle armor (which explain’s the saiyan from the teaser’s attire)

-Beerus and Whis are on Earth eating and talking to Beerus about stuff (maybe Goku’s ultra instinct or how saiyans have so much potential)

-Whis detects the ancient saiyans’ power

-Goku and co. head to the Planet where the ancient saiyans are

- They fight

-Freeza makes a badass appearance like how Vegeta does in many of the dbz movies

-Kikono (Freeza’s right hand man) explains the history between Freeza and the saiyans

-flashback

Of course there will be more in between and more after but thats all i can think of so far.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:24 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:If the series continue, we will probably gonna see Cabba, Kale and Caulifla back at some point, but i also don't think they'll be in this movie. Everything until know points out a story about U7 and its history.
We shall see.

Of course we shall see. But the only scenario i see at this point they will be incorporated as a savior because Goku, Vegeta and maybe Piccolo can't make it on their own. That's a weak scenario. Nope, i rather see those guys fight their own battle. If there are saviors or other Saiyan warriors, i rather see some new Saiyans involving the past of U7 take that role. That would make a lot more sense within the context of this movie, which is obviously about U7 and its history.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:21 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Simere wrote:Neither in the movie or in a future series will a big deal be made about the U6 saiyans, especially not their history.
How could you possibly know that for certain?
I don't, surprise, surprise.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:48 am

Mister_Popo wrote:
majinwarman wrote:
We shall see.

Of course we shall see. But the only scenario i see at this point they will be incorporated as a savior because Goku, Vegeta and maybe Piccolo can't make it on their own. That's a weak scenario. Nope, i rather see those guys fight their own battle. If there are saviors or other Saiyan warriors, i rather see some new Saiyans involving the past of U7 take that role. That would make a lot more sense within the context of this movie, which is obviously about U7 and its history.
That's what I don't like. U7 doesn't needs it's history told or retold. I don't why Toriyama is like he hasn't properly depicted the Freeza/Saiyan relationship, for decades it's been fine as is. I just don't like the idea of Toriyama exploring the past of U7.

I want to leave the theatre feeling that this movie needed to be told.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:33 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:
majinwarman wrote: We shall see.

That's what I don't like. U7 doesn't needs it's history told or retold. I don't why Toriyama is like he hasn't properly depicted the Freeza/Saiyan relationship, for decades it's been fine as is. I just don't like the idea of Toriyama exploring the past of U7.

I want to leave the theatre feeling that this movie needed to be told.

We go back to basics, not only with the artwork but storywise too, which i do find refreshing after TOP. We soom back in to the origins and U7, opposed to constant zooming out and expanding of the multiverse, exploiting ranks of divinity ...