Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cetra
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Cetra » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:14 pm

That must be the ugliest colour choice for Broly's clothes I have ever seen.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

bleed0range
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by bleed0range » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:14 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Marlowe89 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:And we see SSGod Goku.
Okay, I'll admit I just fangasmed a bit. I'm hoping that's real, because I dig the return of Super Saiyan God as well as the Broly design.
It's definitely real. It's linked on the official website.
I completely missed this before. Hopefully it looks better in high resolution. But I hope it isn’t the official poster in any capacity becaue I love the one we already have.

Now, I haven’t expressed my opinion yet about Broly coming back so I guess now is as good a time as any. Personally, I’m pretty excited about it. I think the new art style and animation combined with Toriyama’s take is going to give us essentially an entirely new story.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Still no Gohan. :lol:

If he is not in the trailer then expect another conference.

Bulma has been revealed now which is nee.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Ssjg Goku?! In this movie?!

:mrgreen:

So happy if true!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:18 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Really like Broly's new clothes. His clothes look very similar to what the new characters are wearing, so it still fits with my theory that he's working for Freeza in this film. Also, SSJ God is in the movie!

A January North America theatrical release is fantastic news. It's safe to assume that Australia and New Zealand will get it around the same time since that happened with Resurrection 'F' as well.
First off, liken ur profile pic. Great parallel to mine and vice-versa. Second, i don’t think Broly is working for Freeza. I personally think that he was an ancient saiyan that was freed from the ice he’d been frozen in and he got the armor by taking out a higher ranked Freeza Force Soldier and by taking their clothes since all he had as an ancient saiyan might have been rags.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:19 pm

I'm not feeling the green pelt but based on what we saw in the trailer it'll look fine when he's wearing his armor or in his base form. The problem here is that he doesn't have a dark color on his torso to contrast the greens.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:21 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Welp. This was on Ajay’s Twitter so I'm pretty sure its offical. I perceive this was “whoever isn’t on this power isn’t important (not counted the new saiyans that are been saved for reveals and Paragus)”. Its a surprise that Piccolo of all people is there but whatever. Important role incoming? And before anyone says, “maybe people like Gohan, Goten, etc are just being saved for reveals”, Bulma is at the bottom. So i think it means everyone else just isn’t important. And we see SSGod Goku.

The green fur looks meh... but I need to see this in high resolution, other than that I always liked the purple color on Broly. Purple and black pants would've looked better.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:29 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Welp. This was on Ajay’s Twitter so I'm pretty sure its offical. I perceive this was “whoever isn’t on this power isn’t important (not counted the new saiyans that are been saved for reveals and Paragus)”. Its a surprise that Piccolo of all people is there but whatever. Important role incoming? And before anyone says, “maybe people like Gohan, Goten, etc are just being saved for reveals”, Bulma is at the bottom. So i think it means everyone else just isn’t important. And we see SSGod Goku.

Is that supposed to be a poster or a sheet of stickers?
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:30 pm

So does Broli have a tail? Because in this picture he does and in the one above he doesn't hm :think:
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:31 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote:

So does Broli have a tail? Because in this picture he does and in the one above he doesn't hm :think:
Maybe the one who has a tail only appears during a flashback... or maybe its two different characters...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:35 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Really like Broly's new clothes. His clothes look very similar to what the new characters are wearing, so it still fits with my theory that he's working for Freeza in this film. Also, SSJ God is in the movie!

A January North America theatrical release is fantastic news. It's safe to assume that Australia and New Zealand will get it around the same time since that happened with Resurrection 'F' as well.
First off, liken ur profile pic. Great parallel to mine and vice-versa. Second, i don’t think Broly is working for Freeza. I personally think that he was an ancient saiyan that was freed from the ice he’d been frozen in and he got the armor by taking out a higher ranked Freeza Force Soldier and by taking their clothes since all he had as an ancient saiyan might have been rags.
That is all completely possible. I agree with the whole ice imprisonment thing and that he's finally free now. What makes me think that he's working for Freeza is that on the poster he's wearing his usual get up with the red pelt, but in the teaser and this new sticker set he's wearing a green pelt and clothes that resemble what someone in the Freeza Force would wear (especially the shoes). The colour scheme of his clothes also strongly resemble the colour scheme of what the new characters are wearing. He's probably comrades with Chelye and Lemo. Or...

My other theory is that Chelye and Lemo aren't associated with Freeza at all, and they just come across Broly and decide to help him. But then this makes me question what Freeza's involvement in this film might be. My prediction for what Freeza will do if he recruits Broly is that he wants to use him to defeat Goku and Vegeta, then eventually screw him over once he gets the job done because he hates Saiyans. Seems like a Freeza thing to do.

Honestly? Anything can happen. I just love to theorise with what we've got at this stage of any Dragon Ball announcement. Most of the time these recent stories end up going the simplest and safest route *cough* 'F' *cough* but I have high hopes for this movie because of the people working on it.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:40 pm

Things really start to get interesting... I'm so excited!
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:46 pm

That grainy picture being official is something I would be more than happy with, due to Super Saiyan God making an appearance. Interesting to see what it would look like in the new style.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:48 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:

That is all completely possible. I agree with the whole ice imprisonment thing and that he's finally free now. What makes me think that he's working for Freeza is that on the poster he's wearing his usual get up with the red pelt, but in the teaser and this new sticker set he's wearing a green pelt and clothes that resemble what someone in the Freeza Force would wear (especially the shoes). The colour scheme of his clothes also strongly resemble the colour scheme of what the new characters are wearing. He's probably comrades with Chelye and Lemo. Or...

My other theory is that Chelye and Lemo aren't associated with Freeza at all, and they just come across Broly and decide to help him. But then this makes me question what Freeza's involvement in this film might be. My prediction for what Freeza will do if he recruits Broly is that he wants to use him to defeat Goku and Vegeta, then eventually screw him over once he gets the job done because he hates Saiyans. Seems like a Freeza thing to do.

Honestly? Anything can happen. I just love to theorise with what we've got at this stage of any Dragon Ball announcement. Most of the time these recent stories end up going the simplest and safest route *cough* 'F' *cough* but I have high hopes for this movie because of the people working on it.
Where on the poster do you see a red pelt?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:56 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: First off, liken ur profile pic. Great parallel to mine and vice-versa. Second, i don’t think Broly is working for Freeza. I personally think that he was an ancient saiyan that was freed from the ice he’d been frozen in and he got the armor by taking out a higher ranked Freeza Force Soldier and by taking their clothes since all he had as an ancient saiyan might have been rags.

You can see it on the poster without the logo.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

simtek34
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by simtek34 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:06 pm

YES!! SS God is back! Due to Goku having this form in Broly, do you think there is a chance of SSG making its long-awaited debut to Vegeta in the anime? He has the form in the DBS Manga.

Newbie — 06/27/2016
Not-So-Newbie — ???
Beyond Newbie — ???
Beyond-The-Beyond-Newbie — 12/20/2016
Regular — 02/05/2017
OMG CRAZY REG — 06/14/2017

Xbox Live: PlushGerm24109
Everywhere else: simtek34

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:07 pm

Ugh, that color scheme for Broly's clothes is ugly. From the teaser, it seemed like the fur was brown and those purple pants aren't cool either. Not a good start. :?
Maybe it will grow on me like Golden Freeza did. I remember when Golden Freeza was revealed I was shocked with the bad color scheme too.

Didn't expect to see my favourite SSJ form in the movie, so yeah for that!
Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:12 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: That is all completely possible. I agree with the whole ice imprisonment thing and that he's finally free now. What makes me think that he's working for Freeza is that on the poster he's wearing his usual get up with the red pelt, but in the teaser and this new sticker set he's wearing a green pelt and clothes that resemble what someone in the Freeza Force would wear (especially the shoes). The colour scheme of his clothes also strongly resemble the colour scheme of what the new characters are wearing. He's probably comrades with Chelye and Lemo. Or...

You can see it on the poster without the logo.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Huh, I’d didn’t notice that. Nice catch.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:17 pm

So probably no Gohan, and Freeza looks to be a good guy. This is sounding worst more and more all the time.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Thats not how broly looks in the teaser? What the hell, toriyama? You better not have changed it