Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodVegetto91
Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:16 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:Welp. This was on Ajay’s Twitter so I'm pretty sure its offical. I perceive this was “whoever isn’t on this power isn’t important (not counted the new saiyans that are been saved for reveals and Paragus)”. Its a surprise that Piccolo of all people is there but whatever. Important role incoming? And before anyone says, “maybe people like Gohan, Goten, etc are just being saved for reveals”, Bulma is at the bottom. So i think it means everyone else just isn’t important. And we see SSGod Goku.

What a terrible terribly bad quality image. Got anything better?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:18 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: What a terrible terribly bad quality image. Got anything better?
That's the best we got right now
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:24 am

Michsi wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Seeing people on facebook claiming they have seen Paragus, wondered if anyone has anything on here?
it's possible that they mean he has been pretty much confirmed to be in the movie since his voice actor been listed as part of the cast.

SuperVirginGod wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Welp. This was on Ajay’s Twitter so I'm pretty sure its offical. I perceive this was “whoever isn’t on this power isn’t important (not counted the new saiyans that are been saved for reveals and Paragus)”. Its a surprise that Piccolo of all people is there but whatever. Important role incoming? And before anyone says, “maybe people like Gohan, Goten, etc are just being saved for reveals”, Bulma is at the bottom. So i think it means everyone else just isn’t important. And we see SSGod Goku.
Only Broly SSJ form and Bulma are new, the rest are images we've seen before, so it makes sense they'd use Piccolo instead of character who's new design has yet be revealed.

I mean don't get me wrong, I so hope he has a nice role in the movie, but recent (20 yrs) track record doesn't make me very optimistic.
The wording was 'paragus has concept art'

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:35 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
The wording was 'paragus has concept art'

Oh, I see. Well, I don't know around which time these 'leaks' are supposed to appear, but maybe it's something like that.
Though I think we would've maybe seen something by now.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:57 am

Ew, Broly with too much green in his design, can't Toriyama see it's too much!
By the way with the purple pants I wonder if Toriyama knowingly or not is emulating The Incredible Hulk :think:
That line from the first teaser "Earth has Goku" also sounded suspiciously a bit like Tony Stark's infamous "We've got a Hulk" from the first Avengers movie.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:27 am

I feel like I’m the only one who likes the colour scheme for his clothes. :lol: He will be wearing body armour as seen in the teaser trailer, but looks like it’ll break off or something once he transforms into his Berserker/Legendary form.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:45 am

dbgtFO wrote:Ew, Broly with too much green in his design, can't Toriyama see it's too much!
It's not more than all the Blue Vegeta has. Broly's design looks alright but hopefully it'll look better once we see it in motion in the trailer.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Firebolt » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:11 am

I was really hoping the new Broly would introduce a new Super Saiyan form instead of reusing the old green haired LSS one, but oh well.

Does this mean Broly will have any connection to Kale? Is his form SS Beserker?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:15 am

Firebolt wrote:I was really hoping the new Broly would introduce a new Super Saiyan form instead of reusing the old green haired LSS one, but oh well.

I'd be happy with him keeping his LSsj form as there are already too many.

Probably. Vegeta said her form could be tied to the Lssj so that'll probably come up.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:17 am

sintzu wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:Ew, Broly with too much green in his design, can't Toriyama see it's too much!
It's not more than all the Blue Vegeta has. Broly's design looks alright but hopefully it'll look better once we see it in motion in the trailer.
Dark blue isn't as offending to the eyes as light green and Vegeta at least has a notably darker blue on his clothes than in his hair and I think his attire was going to be even darker for this film. Although I need to take a look at the poster again cus his attire might brighten up to the regular blue, when in SSblue.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:36 am

:sick:
Michsi wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:Seeing people on facebook claiming they have seen Paragus, wondered if anyone has anything on here?
it's possible that they mean he has been pretty much confirmed to be in the movie since his voice actor been listed as part of the cast.

SuperVirginGod wrote:
Only Broly SSJ form and Bulma are new, the rest are images we've seen before, so it makes sense they'd use Piccolo instead of character who's new design has yet be revealed.

I mean don't get me wrong, I so hope he has a nice role in the movie, but recent (20 yrs) track record doesn't make me very optimistic.
Goku and Vegeta will obviously do most of the fighting and talking but they have shown off Frieza soldiers and even Goku and Vegeta in coats before Gohan, Goten and Trunks and that simply is not a good sign for them.

Frieza, Piccolo, Bulma, Beerus and Whis make more sense to play the minor roles then Gohan, Goten and Trunks.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:43 am

Firebolt wrote:I was really hoping the new Broly would introduce a new Super Saiyan form instead of reusing the old green haired LSS one, but oh well.
Me too. I would hate it if all Broly has got to show us is his old infamous LSSJ State. He needs to get something new. A further evolution. He needs to get his own unique version of a God Form. I’m perfectly fine with a recolor into God Ki for him.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:49 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Me too. I would hate it if all Broly has got to show us is his old infamous LSSJ State. He needs to get something new. A further evolution. He needs to get his own unique version of a God Form. I’m perfectly fine with a recolor into God Ki for him.
It's soon now but he could get GOD form (see god broly).

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:51 am

sintzu wrote:

I'd be happy with him keeping his LSsj form as there are already too many.

Probably. Vegeta said her form could be tied to the Lssj so that'll probably come up.
1. LSSJ doesn’t exist as a form in DBS, so him having LSSJ technically is adding a new form. Let alone a form thats just like Kale’s. And it would make sense if the forms has different names because they’re the same form.

2. Vegeta never said that. All he said was, “That my be the saiyan’s true form”. And he said this in response to Kale. He was saying that the Berserk SSJ form might be Kale’s true form. Nothing more, nothing less. I don’t know how you got that from this.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:52 am

namekiansaiyan wrote::sick:
Michsi wrote:

SuperVirginGod wrote:

Goku and Vegeta will obviously do most of the fighting and talking but they have shown off Frieza soldiers and even Goku and Vegeta in coats before Gohan, Goten and Trunks and that simply is not a good sign for them.

Frieza, Piccolo, Bulma, Beerus and Whis make more sense to play the minor roles then Gohan, Goten and Trunks.
Aside from Piccolo and maybe Freeza none of those others are fighting roles. What's with not wanting other characters to participate? This is an anniversary film, if anything everyone should be here.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:09 am

Gt91 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
I’m well aware that it’s more than possible that he’s going to get a new form in this movie. Since we know practically nothing of it yet. But as for the God Form you mentioned, that’s a total joke ofcourse, since it looks completely identical to a hypothetical Legendary Super Saiyan 3 state. It hardly looked like a “God Form” to me.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:19 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Me too. I would hate it if all Broly has got to show us is his old infamous LSSJ State. He needs to get something new. A further evolution. He needs to get his own unique version of a God Form. I’m perfectly fine with a recolor into God Ki for him.
I’m well aware that it’s more than possible that he’s going to get a new form in this movie. Since we know practically nothing of it yet. But as for the God Form you mentioned, that’s a total joke ofcourse, since it looks completely identical to a hypothetical Legendary Super Saiyan 3 state. It hardly looked like a “God Form” to me.
I think in terms of new forms, an ssj4-esc form is up there.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:20 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Gt91 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Me too. I would hate it if all Broly has got to show us is his old infamous LSSJ State. He needs to get something new. A further evolution. He needs to get his own unique version of a God Form. I’m perfectly fine with a recolor into God Ki for him.
Yes, i agree. It could be more original.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:11 am

Kagari wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Michsi wrote:

Aside from Piccolo and maybe Freeza none of those others are fighting roles. What's with not wanting other characters to participate? This is an anniversary film, if anything everyone should be here.
It is just another film to Toriyama. Less characters means more time for the characters that are involved.

If the only enemy is Broly it will literally just be everyone getting their arse kicked by him until the end so if they are involved it will not exacrly be that memorable for these characters.

The Frieza Force are of course possible opponents though.

Goten and Trunks got nothing in Super so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone if they get nothing especially if this is straight after the Tournament of Power.

Gohan might fight for his friends and family but will he think he is needed when Goku and Vegeta are there and if this fight is not on Earth then he probably won't even notice.

Also, surely it must be conference season again by now? :)

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:20 am

I wonder if Beerus will do something or just eat some pudding with Whis while Goku and his friends get their azz kicked... :lol:
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu