Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by jeffbr92 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:56 pm

precita wrote:If Broly dies in the movie than Kale won't meet him anyway, assuming no U6 characters appear in this.
Like they would be that stupid to create a 'canon' Broly just to kill him off in the same movie. Mark my words: this film will be the first of the Broly trilogy.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:01 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
precita wrote:If Broly dies in the movie than Kale won't meet him anyway, assuming no U6 characters appear in this.
Like they would be that stupid to create a 'canon' Broly just to kill him off in the same movie. Mark my words: this film will be the first of the Broly trilogy.
I have trouble imagining that this film will spawn an entire trilogy.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:02 am

WittyUsername wrote:I have trouble imagining that this film will spawn an entire trilogy.
If doesn't end with Broly coming up as a failed clone, then I'm fine.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:19 am

lordsigma wrote:I'm not a fan of this movie concept. I always thought Broly was kind of an overrated character and was overused. Hopefully those that like the character will enjoy.
By the sounds of it Toriyama will be changing up and adding aspects to Broly's character. Hopefully his additions make him a more bearable and likeable character instead of the walking muscle bound blank canvas he was in the previous films.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:26 am

jeffbr92 wrote:Like they would be that stupid to create a 'canon' Broly just to kill him off in the same movie. Mark my words: this film will be the first of the Broly trilogy.
Nah they'll need another gimmick for the next movie. Just watch, Bardock will be the next one to come back.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:46 am

I just realized while looking at the remasters for the three movies coming to theatres in the fall. We know why they were remastering The Burning Battles and it is because the movie is Broly's introduction to the series. Why The Father of Son Gokou and Revival Fusion? The Father of Son Gokou because we are getting the history of the Saiyans and one pivotal point in Saiyan history is Barduck's confrontation with Freeza. Even within the comic, we know Barduck challenges Freeza and it could still go along with Dragon Ball -. It was said before part of the movie will be in the past so we might get Barduck in the movie as well. Why Revival Fusion? Since Broly is the strongest Saiyan Gokou and Vegeta have encountered even in the Z movies, we might see Gokou and Vegeta fuse again into Gogeta. Perhaps Blue Gogeta?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:56 am

Gogeta being a thing doesn't make sense anymore, Vegetto with his greater time limit and power lasted a few minutes, Gogeta will last a few seconds using blue..
His inclusion won't matter beyond a cameo..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:19 am

Zen Yabuki wrote:There’s no reason why Vegeta can’t show it off in the movie!either. I don’t think they’ll give it to him in the anime continuity though
Goku got it back in the anime after he started using it in the manga soif Vegeta uses it in the movie then he will in the anime as well, at least in the Broly retelling.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Zen Yabuki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zen Yabuki » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:58 am

sintzu wrote:
Zen Yabuki wrote:There’s no reason why Vegeta can’t show it off in the movie!either. I don’t think they’ll give it to him in the anime continuity though
Goku got it back in the anime after he started using it in the manga soif Vegeta uses it in the movie then he will in the anime as well, at least in the Broly retelling.
Sure. I’m saying I don’t see him getting it in the movie

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:12 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Gogeta being a thing doesn't make sense anymore, Vegetto with his greater time limit and power lasted a few minutes, Gogeta will last a few seconds using blue..
His inclusion won't matter beyond a cameo..
A fan service cameo at that. Vegetto Blue should have sealed all idea thar fusions are dumb. I've accepted Broly but please oh please no godamn fusions at all.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:27 am

I wouldn’t mind Gogeta appearing for a short time, in which he would hold his own against Broly while also showing his stylish fighting style. As long as he doesn’t last for 10 movie minutes and doesn’t beat Broly, of course. He could just work as a tool to show how hopeless Goku and Vegeta are against Broly, by showing that not even their fusion is enough to beat him, thus making Broly feel like a true threat much more.
I also hope that, if eventually even Beerus joins the fight, that he is defeated too. We know Whis is neutral and doesn’t fight so it wouldn’t be a surprise to see that he wouldn’t intervene in the fight. Of course Broly could try to attack him, but I think in that case Whis would just effortlessly dodge the attacks without counterattacking as he wouldn’t feel like his life would be in danger.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:33 am

I don't mind seeing Gogeta, but then I should ask why Gogeta and not Vegetto? and I don't think a foe like Broly would let them do the fusion dance...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:14 am

They might keep Gogeta for the reboot of Fusion Reborn as well ...

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:59 am

Let's have every Saiyan reach SSGSS too. Let's get the U6 Saiyans in too. Let's get a UI Gogeta/Vegetto fusions. Let's make Piccolo fuse with the U6 Namekians and become a Super Namekian God. Let's get Freeza to fuse with Frost as well while we're at it. And hell even Champa and Beerus too.

All of that should be enough to beat Broly right? :P

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:04 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Let's have every Saiyan reach SSGSS too. Let's get the U6 Saiyans in too. Let's get a UI Gogeta/Vegetto fusions. Let's make Piccolo fuse with the U6 Namekians and become a Super Namekian God. Let's get Freeza to fuse with Frost as well while we're at it. And hell even Champa and Beerus too.

Of course that's not enough. What we need is all 12 universes vs Broly.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:31 am

Broly dosen't need to beat Gogeta to show he is a real deal, as I recall he showed that just fine without beating a fusion the first time around..

This kind of approach is severely limiting the franchise to what's already been done, not breaking boundaries or introducing new concepts makes everything "new" being produced a rehash of what's already popular, every new "idea" being a mixture of old ideas hastily lumped together..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:43 am

BrolyKale wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Let's have every Saiyan reach SSGSS too. Let's get the U6 Saiyans in too. Let's get a UI Gogeta/Vegetto fusions. Let's make Piccolo fuse with the U6 Namekians and become a Super Namekian God. Let's get Freeza to fuse with Frost as well while we're at it. And hell even Champa and Beerus too.

Of course that's not enough. What we need is all 12 universes vs Broly.
Calm down everyone, they still need to save some things for Broly's sequel.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:58 am

Jiren will be enough to beat Broly.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:42 am

Personally I don't think Gogeta will be appearing. I think Fusion Reborn is just showing in theaters next to Bardock's film because Episode of Bardock isn't very long and Fusion Reborn happens to be the main "Goku and Vegeta team-up" film to precede Goku and Vegeta teaming against Broly. Also it's just one of the best. I imagine Bardock could be relevant though.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:48 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:Personally I don't think Gogeta will be appearing. I think Fusion Reborn is just showing in theaters next to Bardock's film because Episode of Bardock isn't very long and Fusion Reborn happens to be the main "Goku and Vegeta team-up" film to precede Goku and Vegeta teaming against Broly. Also it's just one of the best. I imagine Bardock could be relevant though.
I think there's a 30% chance Gogeta shows up while the other 70% is Goku using UI to take Broly down. Bardock's special is being shown cause the movie will go into some Saiyan history which will most likely include Bardock as Toriyama said something about Destiny. Broly's movie is being shown cause he's the main villain. That leaves fusion reborn which could be like you said but why not pick Cooler's second movie instead as that also had Goku and Vegeta fighting together ?