Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:19 pm

I don't think that's actually Broly in base form. We can see him in the poster with his old base hair and normal eyes, which means this is some kind of transformed state. Probably this movie's version of his controlled Super Saiyan state?

Also the tail is just under his pelt. Same thing with original Broly. It's mentioned in Akira Toriyama's design notes for the first movie. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:22 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Is no one gonna ask where the tail went?
BRO I'm thinking the same thing like wtf?
SAME
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:23 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:He looks awful lol.
That outfit doesn't fit him at all. Those tight pants...please.
At least his body in SSJ/LSSJ still resemble Broly.
Don't like his base form at all tho. Looks like some boring game exclusive trash like Shallot.

#NOTMYBROLY

Why does he have to look so similar to old Broly? He's a very different version. And also if I did have one complaint about this, it would be the tight pants :lol:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:24 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:I don't think that's actually Broly in base form. We can see him in the poster with his old base hair and normal eyes, which means this is some kind of transformed state. Probably this movie's version of his controlled Super Saiyan state?

Also the tail is just under his pelt. Same thing with original Broly. It's mentioned in Akira Toriyama's design notes for the first movie. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.
Where does Toriyama say that?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:24 pm

ShaggyBlanco wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Judging by this action figure only, Broly looks younger and somewhat like Shallot. Has anyone noticed the collar in his neck? It could be Paragus/Freeza scheme to control Broly?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
This really looks better with high resolution, another great design.
BlueBasilisk wrote:Here's a side-by-side comparison between old and new:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I always will prefer golden instead of green, but seems like designer enjoy matching colors lol
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:25 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
budokaifanatic007 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Is no one gonna ask where the tail went?
BRO I'm thinking the same thing like wtf?
SAME
Really hope it wasn't scratched, i think its been a while since we have had a saiyan with a tail.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:30 pm

ShaggyBlanco wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Here's the new Base design (and a look at his face at last)
I'm going to stand by my theory that Broly's working for Freeza in this movie. His armour looks very similar to what Tagoma wears.

Also, does he have senzu beans on him or something? What's that tiny bag around his waist on the front? Or maybe they just haven't finished sculpting this yet. That's probably why.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:31 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
budokaifanatic007 wrote: BRO I'm thinking the same thing like wtf?
SAME
Really hope it wasn't scratched, i think its been a while since we have had a saiyan with a tail.
Yeah. It gave him a more wild feel as a character. Especially if he actually is an ancient saiyan.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:34 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
budokaifanatic007 wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: SAME
Yeah. It gave him a more wild feel as a character. Especially if he actually is an ancient saiyan.
Maybe the trailer will confirm whether or not he has one :)
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:42 pm

Wow, this new Broli figure and art is really, really sexy. Shit, am I going to have to buy that figure now? I want to feel those muscles...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:51 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I'm going to stand by my theory that Broly's working for Freeza in this movie. His armour looks very similar to what Tagoma wears.

Also, does he have senzu beans on him or something? What's that tiny bag around his waist on the front? Or maybe they just haven't finished sculpting this yet. That's probably why.
That grey part is just the underside of the pelt showing.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:04 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:I'm going to stand by my theory that Broly's working for Freeza in this movie. His armour looks very similar to what Tagoma wears.

That grey part is just the underside of the pelt showing.
You're right. I just checked the Shintani Berserker Broly design and he has the same thing. It looks so weird on the figure, though.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:10 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:
Don't like his base form at all tho. Looks like some boring game exclusive trash like Shallot.

#NOTMYBROLY

Why does he have to look so similar to old Broly? He's a very different version. And also if I did have one complaint about this, it would be the tight pants :lol:
Well, even if they reboot him he should still look like Broly and as SSJ he does. His base form also isn't THAT much different, it just seem more generic and less memorable.

And yes, those tight pants are the worst part. Especially when he is transformed.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:22 pm

Actually, I like his new design. Especially his "fake" Super Saiyajin state or whatever that yellow eye form is supposed to be. I just wish the pelt wasn't green. They could have given him any color just not the same as his Legendary Super Saiyajin Berserker Destruction to Infinity whatever thingy transformation hair has. Too much green (the green hair itself I don't mind).
He looks very different than his "KAKAROTTO!" alter ego from the movies. Now please give him a little more personality and background and I'm actually satisfied with Broly (the first Broly I might like even).
Btw. that necklace really looks suspicious. Probably his form of control device that he is forced to wear or something similar (or just a bomb someone threatens to explode if he tries something funny). He isn't wearing it in his transformed state btw.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:56 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:

#NOTMYBROLY

Well, even if they reboot him he should still look like Broly and as SSJ he does. His base form also isn't THAT much different, it just seem more generic and less memorable.

And yes, those tight pants are the worst part. Especially when he is transformed.
I disagree, imo besides the name, transformation and possibly some character traits, he's a completely different character, it's good that Toriyama made the design his own, not old Broly but slightly different.

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:29 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:I don't think that's actually Broly in base form. We can see him in the poster with his old base hair and normal eyes, which means this is some kind of transformed state. Probably this movie's version of his controlled Super Saiyan state?

He didn't say there was a tail there in the design notes...granted, he did draw him with a tail, but then actually wrote in that it doesn't matter if he actually has one or not. So he drew it but made it optional, and Toei chose not to use it.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:32 pm

While a good design is essential, it's more important to me that we learn what his new personality and backstory are. Our figure shows him fighting Goku in base form, which is exciting, since he didn't do anything until he got all triggered (literally, not 'le edgy memes') hearing Kakarot. Hopefully that's a sign that he'll have some interactions with characters before he uses berserker.

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:44 pm

I get that they wanted to make Broly look more primal but the colours are just weird, plus the red and white combined with the bling made Broly look like royalty like a true LSSJ

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:56 pm

I predict...Broli's skirt is also his winter coat!

https://twitter.com/batistabus/status/1 ... 11008?s=12

Diggz92

Post by Diggz92 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:03 am

WittyUsername wrote:The scars seem kind of cliché, especially since Bardock already had them.
I don't get what you mean. There are a few people in the dragon ball verse that has scars future gohan(cheek) Tien(chest) but we don't see them like that plus bardock is dead same with gohan.