Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Neon Z » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:16 pm

PFM18 wrote:WAYYYYYY too tall to be Tarble. Tarble is like 4 foot he's tiny.
Toriyama never actually made a design for him (he looks completely different in the anime and manga), so it wouldn't be that odd if that was actually his design for Table, ignoring both of his previous designs. Still, O don't see why he'd be helping Paragus so it's most likely just a random minor new Saiyan.
LightBing wrote:There's a shot with two Saiyan babies in apparently a lab with more incubators. Could someone be mass producing Broly's? I think this movie might have a big twist.
Those incubators are most likely just the ones from Dragonball Minus slightly redesigned. All Saiyan babies are kept in those.
Last edited by Neon Z on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:16 pm

sintzu wrote:What if, and this is a big what if, what if the saiyans are actually form u6 and the ones we know from u7 left along time ago somehow and ended up in u7 ? or what if it's the opposite and the u6 saiyans were the ones who left u7 ?
Wrong tread, man
LightBing wrote:There's a shot with two Saiyan babies in apparently a lab with more incubators. Could someone be mass producing Broly's? I think this movie might have a big twist.
Broly clones? That sounds as wasted as Force Unleashed II story
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Zen Yabuki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zen Yabuki » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Remember when people were getting excited about Piccolo being adversited early? Well. Umm... Yeah.

Also looks like Vegeta might not be present for the final fight and further by what the produer said about DB being a Goku story.
Got the quote specifically that suggests this? Not like it’d be too surprising. It is Goku’s story

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:17 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Regarding other characters, you have Frieza doing things and watch out for some mind of role for Beerus and Piccolo. You might even like the new Saiyans and Frieza Soldiers but they will probably be forgettable.
Sure, but won't you like have other characters than Goku and Vegeta to fight Broly? Remember in M8 we had Broly taking on FIVE fighters
Maybe they will fight in the end with Goku and Vegeta. The trailer won't give everything away and you know for a fact Frieza is there anyway.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Could be just how saiyans babies were stored in a flashback, like in Minus

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:18 pm

PFM18 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Luso Saiyan wrote:The most intriguing shot to me:

I still PRAY that this is Tarble
WAYYYYYY too tall to be Tarble. Tarble is like 4 foot he's tiny.
If you look at the scale, he's actually stood a fair bit further back from the other saiyan and is still shorter than his height from our perspective. You can see this from the fact the saiyan is looking at the white cloaked guy WHILE said cloaked character is moving forward and away from him.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:18 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Remember when people were getting excited about Piccolo being adversited early? Well. Umm... Yeah.

Also looks like Vegeta might not be present for the final fight and further by what the produer said about DB being a Goku story.

What producter said this? Can I have a link?
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:19 pm

PFM18 wrote:That scene has to be a flashback it looks like Paragus but his hair isn't gray. I have no idea what they are doing but it pretty much has to be a flashback.
Why's he with (what looks to be) a U6 Saiyan though ?
amuroray wrote:I'm barely a fan anymore. Morbid curiosity at this point.
If you want to live in the past or whatever you're doing instead of enjoying this new content then it's you loss.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:19 pm

sintzu wrote:
PFM18 wrote:That scene has to be a flashback it looks like Paragus but his hair isn't gray. I have no idea what they are doing but it pretty much has to be a flashback.
U7 Saiyans used to wear that armor too before completely changing to Freeza's.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:20 pm

sintzu wrote:
amuroray wrote:I'm barely a fan anymore. Morbid curiosity at this point.
If you want to live in the past or whatever you're doing instead of enjoying this new content then it's you loss.
Didn't Vegeta say Cabba's armor was what the U7 ones used to look like before Freeza?

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:20 pm

Tarble dad,
he's called king vegeta

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Neon Z wrote:
sintzu wrote:
U7 Saiyans used to wear that armor too before completely changing to Freeza's.
It can't be a u6 saiyan. He has a tail.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:21 pm

HeroR wrote:What producer said this? Can I have a link?
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... interview/

"Dragon Ball is really Goku’s story, so I’d like you to focus on just what happens with Goku in the new movie. I think the final battle will definitely be something amazing".

I don't think he meant Goku would be the only one fighting though.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:21 pm

So no hint of SSBE, Blue Kaioken x20 or Ultra Instinct yet. That ofcourse doesn’t mean they won’t appear in the movie.. But just for this, i’m not celebrating anything just yet. That said, i do like Broly’s design, glad that Vegeta finally gets SSG, and think the trailer looks freaking awesome all around.

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:23 pm

Well that was an outstanding trailer, loving the new art style and boy that animation looked great! I guess my only concern for now is that it seems like the only ones fighting in the movie are Freeza, Goku, and Vegeta. I hope at the very least other characters such as Piccolo and Gohan get to do something in the film, because it be shame not to see them in action with the new art style and great animation. But even if it does only end up only being Goku, Vegeta, and Freeza who fight in this film I'd still watch it but I would be a bit disappointed. Also I'm still holding out hope that Caulifla and Kale show up in the film.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:23 pm

sintzu wrote:

"Dragon Ball is really Goku’s story, so I’d like you to focus on just what happens with Goku in the new movie. I think the final battle will definitely be something amazing".

Ah thanks. Must have missed this.

Although not too surprising when the original tag was, “Earth has Goku”.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Don't talk like it's a big surprise. We all expect Piccolo to have the same role he had on the FT arc on this movie as for Vegeta, remember who was with Goku on the last brawl with Jiren? Yes, not him.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:24 pm

No Gohan? Or anyone else for that matter.

Freeza becoming a good guy? I hope not.

Rest looks good.

Zen Yabuki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zen Yabuki » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:25 pm

sintzu wrote:

It’s up in the air but Ido think the chance of Goku being the only one or he most significant one in the final battle is pretty likely. Though regardless, I love that shirtless SSB Goku and SSG Goku AND SSG Vegeta are in

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:26 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:So no hint of SSBE, Blue Kaioken x20 or Ultra Instinct yet. That ofcourse doesn’t mean they won’t appear in the movie.. But just for this, i’m not celebrating anything just yet. That said, i do like Broly’s design, glad that Vegeta finally gets SSG, and think the trailer looks freaking awesome all around.
We still have nearly 5 months before the premiere, there's a lot of time to reveal a lot of stuff

Anyway, tbh I'm just excited about the action and animation. I don't think the movie will add anything interesting story-wise to the franchise. And just from this trailer, it looks so similar to movie 8