Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:26 pm

precita wrote:No Gohan? Or anyone else for that matter. Freeza becoming a good guy? I hope not. Rest looks good.
So no last straw that broke the camel's back this time, eh?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:27 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:So no hint of SSBE, Blue Kaioken x20 or Ultra Instinct yet. That ofcourse doesn’t mean they won’t appear in the movie.. But just for this, i’m not celebrating anything just yet. That said, i do like Broly’s design, glad that Vegeta finally gets SSG, and think the trailer looks freaking awesome all around.
He is standing there at the end in Blue within the blaze of energy Broly is emitting, and he looks worried.
He is clearly overpowerd in that shot. No sign of Vegeta, who is probably hanging in the ropes.
My impression is he will have to need some kind of power-up, otherwise he is basically screwed.
It's too soon to conclude, but based on this shot UI is more likely than Gogeta.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:27 pm

So... this is what they came up with for a new Dragon Ball movie?

Ha...Ha...Ha.

At this point, I'm not even mad or disappointed anymore.

Greed and indifference to the quality of the story is now something to be expected in the Dragon Ball franchise.

I'll probably still see this movie in theaters. Who knows? I might actually like the fight scenes because THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT, RIGHT?!?!
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:27 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Remember when people were getting excited about Piccolo being adversited early? Well. Umm... Yeah.

Also looks like Vegeta might not be present for the final fight and further by what the produer said about DB being a Goku story.
Obviously Piccolo won't have a big role like Goku but doesn't he won't get something. He will play a role and so will Beerus, the new Saiyans and Frieza soldiers.

I doubt very much that Goku will be the only one fighting in the last final battle scene and at least Vegeta and Frieza will be there.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:27 pm

Ultra Instinct has to be in this. Goku looks like he's getting dominated at the end of the trailer and he was in Blue. The final battle will more than likely be UI Goku vs Full Power Broly.

Speaking of that last fight, it was giving me some major One Piece Film Z vibes. The final fight between Luffy vs Z took place in a similar setting. I guess Nagamine just loves big climactic fights near volcanoes?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:28 pm

It’s.. it’s so fucking gorgeous :o :cry: ... Please I hope Freeza gets his head ripped off!
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:28 pm

HeroR wrote:The original tag was, “Earth has Goku”.
And Goku has UI. :mrgreen:
jeffbr92 wrote:As for Vegeta, remember who was with Goku on the last brawl with Jiren? Yes, not him.
He wasn't with Goku against Beerus, Hit or Jiren but was with him against Freeza and Zamasu. If we go by that and the possibility of Goku not having UI here then Vegeta should stand with Goku this time around as he missed out on Jiren.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:30 pm

Esfír Dedragón wrote:At this point, I'm not even mad or disappointed anymore. Greed and indifference to the quality of the story is now something to be expected in the Dragon Ball franchise.
Disappointed by what bro? By we getting a decent Saiyan backstory? Broly with actual personality this time? Outstading animation? You might not even know what you want from this series anymore

by Doctor.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:30 pm

It looks exactly like what Toriyama said he would do. Same broly with some tweaks. A lot of fanservice for the 3 most impactful characters in the show.

This probably be a 7 out of 10 movie with fantastic visuals which its not bad. Granted they can still fuck this up.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:30 pm

Gohan has not been in the movie posters, the promos, the trailers or the toys.

He's probably not in it. And that makes me sick to my stomach.

amuroray
Not-So-Newbie

Post by amuroray » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:31 pm

Esfír Dedragón wrote:So... this is what they came up with for a new Dragon Ball movie?

Ha...Ha...Ha.

At this point, I'm not even mad or disappointed anymore.

Greed and indifference to the quality of the story is now something to be expected in the Dragon Ball franchise.

I'll probably still see this movie in theaters. Who knows? I might actually like the fight scenes because THAT'S WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT, RIGHT?!?!
Its incredible really how they can keep getting any with this.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:32 pm

This is a neat sequence. If you go slowly you can see Goku bringing up his aura as this big green ki blast draws in. It's really cool how it swirls up from his feet.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:32 pm

Why do you guys want to see Gohan? he would get wrecked in one instant...
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:32 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Why do you guys want to see Gohan? he would get wrecked in one instant...
Because he would fight for all his worth.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:33 pm

Goku's aura at the end looks like the galaxy he absorbed to go UI
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The aura looks different here
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by ShaggyBlanco on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:35 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
King Jacku wrote:I'm so, so angry and saddened that from the looks of things Gohan and the rest of the supportive cast are probably gonna be small cameos. My hype for the new movie is pretty much dead, which sucks since I was beyond excited when it got announced.

Yeah, the animation is amazing, but without my favourite characters, I just don't care. This was one of the only big chances I could've saw Gohan, Krillin, Tien, etc. With amazing new designs and animation ( We haven't seen that for a loooooong time ), and it's not happening. Sweet, most likely going to have to wait another 2 years for the hope that they MIGHT appear again.
Gohan, Tien and Krillin are too weak to deal with Broly... I mean they would be pretty much useless anyway.
Doesn't matter, in the original Broly movie, everyone was useless too, but they were there. I wouldn't mind Gohan getting smushed, as long as he at least had some cool fight choreography/animation I'd be happy.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:35 pm

sintzu wrote:He wasn't with Goku against Beerus, Hit or Jiren but was with him against Freeza and Zamasu. If we go by that and the possibility of Goku not having UI here then Vegeta should stand with Goku this time around as he missed out on Jiren.
Nah, Super overused Goku and Vegeta scenes together that people got annoyed to the point of people prefering Goku with Freeza like on the last arc

by Doctor.

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:36 pm

jeffbr92 wrote: we getting a decent Saiyan backstory? Broly with actual personality this time?
Is it? You don't know that. I don't know that. No one knows that.
jeffbr92 wrote: Outstading animation?
I admit that the animation looked good. :)
jeffbr92 wrote:You might not even know what you want from this series anymore
You know, you're probably right. And that's sad, given that Dragon Ball meant so much to me.

Maybe I've outgrown the series and was not expecting the same old schtick with Super and the movies when I saw them.
Last edited by Esfír Dedragón on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

Boku no Hitto

Post by Boku no Hitto » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:36 pm

BrolyKale wrote:Why do you guys want to see Gohan? he would get wrecked in one instant...
Especially given that in this case from how they've been billing it, Gohan has no purpose in this. Goku, vegeta and Freeza are the only 3 who actually have a connection with him.

As an aside: Broly is wrecking their shit in his Black Haired form! Jesus fucking... UI and Evo have to be in this! And with shida doing it with this level of quality? Mmmmmfggrjsjdlslghhh

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:36 pm

precita wrote:Gohan has not been in the movie posters, the promos, the trailers or the toys.

He's probably not in it. And that makes me sick to my stomach.
Gohan had something in the Tournament of Power so will probably be a full time nerd for the next 5 arcs. :)