Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Cooler>Broly>Jiren>Berrus eeh? I guess crazier stuff has happened
We won't know for sure if Broly will be stronger than Jiren until we know who he fights at the end. If it's UI Goku then we'll be able to put him up there but if it's Gogeta then he'll potentially be weaker.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:59 pm

sintzu wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Cooler>Broly>Jiren>Berrus eeh? I guess crazier stuff has happened
We won't know for sure if Broly will be stronger than Jiren until we know who he fights at the end. If it's UI Goku then we'll be able to put him up there but if it's Gogeta then he'll potentially be weaker.
What if it's UI Gogeta?? :wink:
I still think Gogeta or UI both should be stronger than Berrus nonetheless, but that's opening a whole new can of worms, it's much better to wait for the actual movie instead..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:09 pm

Ok. I completely perfected my theory on Paragus and Broly.

In the trailer, we got 2 shots of saiyans babies in incubator types of machines. No most would think that these aren’t the usual saiyan baby pods but they actually are. Due to evidence from another scene in the movie and the fact that its being written by Toriyama, we can assume that this movie is heavily taking from Dragon Ball Minus written by Toriyama. And in DBMinus, the saiyan baby pods looked like this:
Image


But there are still some differences between the DBMinus pod and the one from the trailer:
Image


My theory is that Paragus is less of a warrior and more of a scientist (judging from the fact he has his own tech remote and his clothing looks less fight-friendly, and he’s more manipulative and less savage) and he’s been trying to create more powerful saiyans. How?
Well when you look at Broly, his main power that separates him from the average saiyan is his abnormal SSJ form. His lack of pupils shows how this overload of power has made him go “berserk” and instead of just staying yellow, his arua surpasses that and becomes a green color. He gets a boost that’s superior to the regular Super Saiyan boosts and every way. It makes the user unstable. Now lets go way back to the root of SSJ. What do you need to activate it? S-Cells.


I believe that Paragus is trying to genetically modifiy saiyan babies by filling them with an abundance of S-Cells to increase their power and Broly is won of the successful experiments. That would be why Broly can achieve such a powerful Super Saiyan form. I mean, Toriyama said that you need to be on the nicer side for you to have more S-Cells. So how could a savage such as Broly have so many unless they were put into him artificially by a scientist?
And the whole idea of S-Cells was brought up by Toriyama in an interview which just so happened to be taken during the production of the movie itself. And the movie’s concept was “the origins of the saiyans’ power”. S-Cells are literally what makes Super Saiyan possible.


TD;DR Paragus is a scientist who genetically modifies saiyans to become more powerful be giving than more S-Cells and Broly is one of those saiyans which explains his very powerful SSJ form. A.K.A: LSSJ or SSBerserk
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

WittyUsername
I Live Here
Posts: 3153
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:09 am
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by WittyUsername » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:12 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Cooler>Broly>Jiren>Berrus eeh? I guess crazier stuff has happened
We won't know for sure if Broly will be stronger than Jiren until we know who he fights at the end. If it's UI Goku then we'll be able to put him up there but if it's Gogeta then he'll potentially be weaker.
What if it's UI Gogeta?? :wink:
I still think Gogeta or UI both should be stronger than Berrus nonetheless, but that's opening a whole new can of worms, it's much better to wait for the actual movie instead..
Ultra Instinct has been stated to surpass the strength of the Gods of Destruction, so I’d assume that would include Beerus.

User avatar
Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5935
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:14 pm

alakazam^ wrote:Of course I do. Unfortunately, I can read and sentences like "a bad story is a bad story is a bad story" do not read as an opinion at all so I had to make sure. What's actually ridiculous is presenting opinions as facts and then, when called out, hide behind the excuse of "oh, I don't have to specify it every time" when none of that was presented as an opinion to begin with. It's actually pretty simple to throw in some "I think", "in my opinion", "as I see it", etc while you're writing. You should try it next time.

I did follow your advice and didn't tiptoe around your feelings but, seeing as you got that annoyed, maybe I should have? Surely, when implying stuff like Toriyama, a professional mangaka, being able to write a new manga you enjoyed and then suddenly forgetting how to construct a single chapter, you would expect people to come out and comment on your opinion? That's how forums work, your opinion can and will be called out eventually, especially if it's disguised as a fact.

I agree with your decision. No one has time for games, anyway.
Let me explain something: qualitative statements, by their very nature, are opinions. It's just like how, in English, imperative sentences have an understood subject. I don't have to say, "You clean up this mess." I only need to say, "Clean up this mess," and it's understood that the listener is the subject. So if I say "this is good" or "this is bad" I don't have to qualify it for you because there is nothing factual about assigning "good" and "bad" labels to things.

So, no. I'm not going to "try it next time." Because that's not what this is even about. Let me lay this out here for anybody who hasn't figured this out yet. When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

As for your second paragraph, I'm not even sure what you're trying to say. That you think I'm annoyed that someone is taking issue with my opinion? Because that's not what's happening here. You've never even addressed my opinion. See, you've distracted from my opinion by turning this into an argument of semantics. It's no longer about what I said. You've turned this into how I said it. That's an intellectually dishonest ploy and seems to indicate you don't actually have any kind of rebuttal to what I've said. You just don't like that I've said it. Because I guarantee if you agreed with what I said, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. You would not be taking issue with whether or not I prefaced every sentence with, "This is only my opinion, but..." Because that's not what this is about. You just don't like it, so you're trying to invalidate it.

So, yes. I am annoyed. Because I've seen this ploy used countless times on this board to negate actual, thoughtful discussion, and I'm going to call it out if I see it. You disagree with me? Fine. Tell me why I'm wrong. Build your case. Convince me. Preferably not in this thread, though, since this whole thing is off topic. There are plenty of DB Minus threads floating around where we can meet on the field of debate, if that is actually what you want. But do not bring this "don't present your opinions as facts" nonsense. It's insulting to both of us and anyone else who reads it.
Last edited by Gaffer Tape on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/29/21!)
Current Episode: The Gohan Death Fallacy - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Majin Boo Arc Part 16!

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:31 pm

Re: Fusions

In a few weeks, we'll get catalogues for December figures. Everything but the WCFs have now been revealed. However if there is something blanked in the WCFs but over ratio'd ie between 12 and 14 then that more or less will confirm fusion (unless the label says "Son Goku" then UI is suddely back on the table) because main Goku, Vegeta, Gogeta/Vegetto will always be over ratio'd, however if it's under ratio'd ie 8 or under it's not fusion and a new character period because new characters are always under raito'd.

(Basically it's because under ratioing Goku etc won't be beneficial as they have so many figures not many people will bother winning them but since newer characters won't they get under ratioed so more people will try and win them and thus spend more money in trying too).

User avatar
TheMikado
I Live Here
Posts: 4886
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by TheMikado » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:34 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:
Luso Saiyan wrote:The whole point of Minus was to show the circumstances that led to Goku being sent away to Earth, which is something that directly ties to Jaco's series (hence why it's part of it) and by extension, Dragon Ball.

That its purpose and that what Toriyama set out to do. People are entitled not to like it, but to judge it as if it should be something else entirely, have a (dramatic) story arc, or be something akin to the TV special like a story about Bardock or his last stand against Freeza, is unfair. That wasn't the point of it. If anything, it leaves room for that story to be told later on as he sees fit, which is a bonus. I hope he takes that opportunity with this movie since I find the title character to be the least exciting thing about it.
Sigh. It's been four years, and this whole "your expectations were wrong" argument is getting really tiresome. I certainly had no expectations or desire for it to be the Bardock Special. That's a little gem I've had to refute for far too long. My only expectation was that it be good. That it tell an engaging story. Those are not overblown expectations. That's the bare minimum to expect of any work of fiction. And if that's become too high a standard, then our standards as Dragon Ball fans have become embarrassingly low. Because when I see people describe why they like Minus, it's usually written this way: "Well, yeah, it wasn't that great, but, man, we got to see Goku's mom, and that makes it totally worth it!" All Toriyama had to do was throw out that design, and some people just ate it up. That's not a story. That's fanservice. And we don't spend enough time with Goku's mom (or his dad for that matter) to understand who she is beyond the one superficial trait that she's peaceful. That's not a character. That's a piece of trivia.

And, well, here I am going down the rabbit hole again, and I'm not even sure why because I'm pretty sure you and I have had this discussion before. But I will admit I had one more expectation: that, as a prequel, this not screw anything up that came before. And it couldn't even manage to do that. And, no, I'm not talking about contradicting the Bardock special or little naked baby Goku. In fact, I'm just going to pull from my Dragon Ball Dissection script because I've enumerated this point too many times in the past to write it out again, and because, for anyone reading this the first time, I don't want to risk screwing it up in my haste:

"But what really makes Dragon Ball Minus such a disgrace in my eyes is because of this exchange right here. Before they start fighting, Vegeta tries to rattle Goku by comparing their statuses in Saiyan society, saying that Goku should feel privileged to get to fight an elite, and that the whole reason Goku was sent to earth in the first place is because Saiyans are tested for combat aptitude at birth, and those with no promise are sent to subjugate weak planets like this one. However, Goku is unfazed by this insult. In fact, he says he's glad to have been considered trash because that was what allowed him to escape those very limitations his society had placed upon him. It taught him that hard work is more important than social status or a fate placed on him while he's still an infant.

Goku's journey this arc, aside from running back and forth along a boring snake, ties into finding out who he is. And it's nothing good. His native species are terrible people. His brother kidnaps his son. His other remaining kinsmen kill his friends. He's saved the world, but he was actually sent here to destroy it, and it was only through a lucky chance that that wasn't exactly what ended up happening. But that's exactly who Goku is. He's one of them. Except that he's not. Even as far back as his birth, his people rejected him, labeled him as nearly worthless, and shipped him off to do the only thing they judged him capable of doing. And that's the beautiful irony of it all. If they hadn't judged him to be inferior, he probably would have met the same fate as the rest of them and died. He certainly would never have saved earth and proven himself worthy to train under gods. Only because his fellow Saiyans concluded he had no potential did he manage to achieve it. And now he is face to face with the personification of that bigotry, and he is about to show him exactly what a low-born castoff can do and just how wrong they were about him. That despite their aspersions on him, he can be better than all of them. Unless of course you believe Dragon Ball Minus where his parents love him so much that they send him to earth so he can thrive, which is exactly what he ends up doing. Yawn. Toriyama admittedly flies by the seat of his pants, but I can't think of a greater example of where he seemingly came upon an amazing plot and character thread so serendipitously that he had no idea he did it and so never realized he was gleefully backing over it with a truck."

So it's bad enough that Dragon Ball Minus doesn't tell a story, doesn't include any real characters, and wastes a quarter of its already limited space dangling shiny things in front of the faces of its audience in the hopes of distracting them from noticing the lack of story and characters. But the fact that it tramples over perhaps the most beautiful thematic underpinnings Dragon Ball has ever presented in favor of a half-baked Superman ripoff that isn't even interesting in and of itself is its ultimate insult. The contrast between Goku and Vegeta forms the bedrock of their rivalry, which continues to be one of the most important aspects of the franchise to this day. And that conversation between them, before they take their iconic fighting stances, is what sets that in motion, what lays out that contrast. Dragon Ball Minus does not entirely destroy that premise. But it does damage it. Go ahead. Go back to the Saiyan Arc. Re-read what Vegeta says. And I already know what you're going to say: "Vegeta wasn't there. He doesn't know the real story. That's not a plot hole. Continuity is preserved." That's not the point. That's not what's important. What Vegeta says carries emotional weight. If you're having to keep a variation of the above quote in your head while you're reading that scene, you're having to dismiss what Vegeta says as incorrect. And because you're having to handwave it away as unimportant inaccuracies that aren't technically a plothole, those words are no longer resonating! They're being dismissed. They're being ignored. Their ramifications are being lost. Because Dragon Ball Minus told you they're not true. They're not worth taking seriously. And for what? Because we got to see Goku's mom. Whoopty-flippin-do.

And, just to throw a guess out here, this is probably a non-issue. I could be completely wrong, but I don't think Minus is going to play any significant role in this movie. If I had to lay it on the table right now, with admittedly very little information, I'd say you just see flashes of moments from Minus, in some kind of flashback or something. While it might tie into some kind of contrast between Goku's story and Broli's story, I doubt it will be expanded on significantly. And that's not even wishful thinking on my part. Unless expanding on Dragon Ball Minus manages to screw up another plot or thematic device from classic Dragon Ball, there is really nowhere it can go but up. They can't make Dragon Ball Minus worse than it already is. As part of a brief flashback in service to another story, that material could actually work a bit better than it does as a standalone. And, if they actually do expand on it, well, then, maybe it will finally become a story. Those are all good things in my mind.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

This guy gets it! He gets why the “Z” portion of Dragonball was such a discussion of origin and purposely or not, a tremendous take on that discussion.

It’s even why the original Broly builds on this concept further.

Vegeta, the prince of all Saiyan and what he seems as the perfect example of a Saiyan, so much so that Vegeta believ a he IS the LSSJ. Yet when Vegeta is confronted by the very thing be admires so much, the raw power, the savagery, Vegeta not only fails, he trembles and cowers in fear. This irony is only further enhanced by Goku the Saiyan who would be the antithesis of a true Saiyan. If Broly is the full and true embodiment of what it means to be a true Saiyan, than the symbolism of Vegeta being the one to fear it while Goku has no fear of it and not only lacks fear of it but is the only about to overcome it. The physical fight and dynamic between Broly, Vegeta, and Goku was an allegory for their views and relationship with the Saiyan race with Broly acting as the proxy and physical manifestation of that dynamic.

But all this is erased with a DBMinus interpretation. Goku always had the greater potential because of his birth and heritage. It’s not a story of Goku overcoming his own weakness and evil nature because, at least in Minus Goku was always special since birth... it changes who Goku is and it’s not something I’m interested in. That said the Broly movie 8 was consistent with the original interpretation of Goku prior to minus and that’s probably what I’m going to stick with. The animation looks cool and all, but DB was never just about animation for me, if it was I could have watched any better animated show of its time. Ah well. If this seems to incorporate Minus, I’ll just have to consider everything from modern DB in a seperate universe than the original content.

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Cetra » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:35 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote: So, no. I'm not going to "try it next time." Because that's not what this is even about. Let me lay this out here for anybody who hasn't figured this out yet. When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.
I literally had people state that what they said was a fact, also with with words like "truth" or the likes just to one minute later defend it as "you cannot accept my opinion!!!!!". So no, not everyone does it with the meaning you say and not everyone who says "don't state it as a fact" says that for the reason you say they do, like alakazam, e.g.
Last edited by Cetra on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:38 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:I believe that Paragus is trying to genetically modifiy saiyan babies by filling them with an abundance of S-Cells to increase their power and Broly is won of the successful experiments. That would be why Broly can achieve such a powerful Super Saiyan form. I mean, Toriyama said that you need to be on the nicer side for you to have more S-Cells. So how could a savage such as Broly have so many unless they were put into him artificially by a scientist?
And the whole idea of S-Cells was brought up by Toriyama in an interview which just so happened to be taken during the production of the movie itself. And the movie’s concept was “the origins of the saiyans’ power”. S-Cells are literally what makes Super Saiyan possible.
This would be really cool. I hope you're right.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:52 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Re: Fusions

In a few weeks, we'll get catalogues for December figures. Everything but the WCFs have now been revealed. However if there is something blanked in the WCFs but over ratio'd ie between 12 and 14 then that more or less will confirm fusion (unless the label says "Son Goku" then UI is suddely back on the table) because main Goku, Vegeta, Gogeta/Vegetto will always be over ratio'd, however if it's under ratio'd ie 8 or under it's not fusion and a new character period because new characters are always under raito'd.

(Basically it's because under ratioing Goku etc won't be beneficial as they have so many figures not many people will bother winning them but since newer characters won't they get under ratioed so more people will try and win them and thus spend more money in trying too).
Ok so anything ratio’d between 12 and 14 means fusion unless the label says Son Goku. Ratio’d at 8 or below means a new character. What about between 12 and 8? And what does ratio’d even mean?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:20 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:58 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Ok. I completely perfected my theory on Paragus and Broly.

In the trailer, we got 2 shots of saiyans babies in incubator types of machines. No most would think that these aren’t the usual saiyan baby pods but they actually are. Due to evidence from another scene in the movie and the fact that its being written by Toriyama, we can assume that this movie is heavily taking from Dragon Ball Minus written by Toriyama. And in DBMinus, the saiyan baby pods looked like this:
Image


But there are still some differences between the DBMinus pod and the one from the trailer:
Image


My theory is that Paragus is less of a warrior and more of a scientist (judging from the fact he has his own tech remote and his clothing looks less fight-friendly, and he’s more manipulative and less savage) and he’s been trying to create more powerful saiyans. How?
Well when you look at Broly, his main power that separates him from the average saiyan is his abnormal SSJ form. His lack of pupils shows how this overload of power has made him go “berserk” and instead of just staying yellow, his arua surpasses that and becomes a green color. He gets a boost that’s superior to the regular Super Saiyan boosts and every way. It makes the user unstable. Now lets go way back to the root of SSJ. What do you need to activate it? S-Cells.


I believe that Paragus is trying to genetically modifiy saiyan babies by filling them with an abundance of S-Cells to increase their power and Broly is won of the successful experiments. That would be why Broly can achieve such a powerful Super Saiyan form. I mean, Toriyama said that you need to be on the nicer side for you to have more S-Cells. So how could a savage such as Broly have so many unless they were put into him artificially by a scientist?
And the whole idea of S-Cells was brought up by Toriyama in an interview which just so happened to be taken during the production of the movie itself. And the movie’s concept was “the origins of the saiyans’ power”. S-Cells are literally what makes Super Saiyan possible.


TD;DR Paragus is a scientist who genetically modifies saiyans to become more powerful be giving than more S-Cells and Broly is one of those saiyans which explains his very powerful SSJ form. A.K.A: LSSJ or SSBerserk

I love this theory! It would be so interesting if this was in the movie.

SSJgogeto
Regular
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:11 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by SSJgogeto » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:01 pm

I personally believe it would be nice to see Minus content in this movie. IMO Bardock's special is a better story but Bardock itself never was appealing to me.

Besides, I like the "I'm smarter than the av-er-age saiyan!" Bardock of Minus.

User avatar
Logania
Regular
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:47 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Logania » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:22 pm

I'm very late to the trailer discussion, but man it looks really fun maybe even better than Broly's first movie.

But damn, I only have one issue and that's the very drastic change in art during the trailer. I know it's a lot of different animators and they have their own little artistic flare to their animation, but the cuts for the trailer change the look of the movie quite majorly (like the close up of Vegeta's eyes to SSJG Goku's close up) it's very jarring and hopefully it will flow a lot better when watching the entire movie in sequence instead of how its presented in the trailer.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:35 pm

sintzu wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Cooler>Broly>Jiren>Berrus eeh? I guess crazier stuff has happened
We won't know for sure if Broly will be stronger than Jiren until we know who he fights at the end. If it's UI Goku then we'll be able to put him up there but if it's Gogeta then he'll potentially be weaker.
I really don't see Broly being near hidden power Jiren or Beerus

The next time you see Jiren he will almost certaintly be stronger than anything in this movie anyway.

My favourite ending to this movie would probably be Jiren coming out of nowhere and destroying Broly.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:45 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:My favourite ending to this movie would probably be Jiren coming out of nowhere and destroying Broly.
I don't know what would be worse, that or the fan reactions. :lol:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Potara-Warrior96
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:55 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Potara-Warrior96 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:47 pm

sintzu wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I hope we get Vegeta crying as that was a pretty cool moment.
By the looks of it he and everyone else will be crying tears of joy once Broly's dead.
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Looks like Vegeta might not be present for the final fight.
If UI isn't part of this then he and Freeza will have to be as Goku won't be able to take that...thing on alone.
Who saids Brolys gonna die? Also the movies not out yet, for all we know Vegetas still gonna end up the little bitch he was in M8.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:55 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Re: Fusions

In a few weeks, we'll get catalogues for December figures. Everything but the WCFs have now been revealed. However if there is something blanked in the WCFs but over ratio'd ie between 12 and 14 then that more or less will confirm fusion (unless the label says "Son Goku" then UI is suddely back on the table) because main Goku, Vegeta, Gogeta/Vegetto will always be over ratio'd, however if it's under ratio'd ie 8 or under it's not fusion and a new character period because new characters are always under raito'd.

(Basically it's because under ratioing Goku etc won't be beneficial as they have so many figures not many people will bother winning them but since newer characters won't they get under ratioed so more people will try and win them and thus spend more money in trying too).
Ok so anything ratio’d between 12 and 14 means fusion unless the label says Son Goku. Ratio’d at 8 or below means a new character. What about between 12 and 8? And what does ratio’d even mean?
WCFs are sold in a case of 56. With 6 different species of figures for a lack if better word. So thus there will be ratios of figures. Example:
March 2018 catalogue scan:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
"F" is blanked but on the right says "Son Goku". (For the fusions however if blanked this will not be specified.) Goku will always be specified.
Anyway blanked Goku was had a ratio of 14 per case! Next to him was main SS Gogeta at 12, SS4 Vegeta also at 12. These are the over ratio'd.

SS3 GT Goku is medium ratio at 8 (because there is already a main Goku in the set) so for the movie WCFs this might be your Beerus' or Whis' guys who aren't new per se bur rarely get figures in general.

Now we get to the under ratio, Caulifla new character at 6 and Veku at 4. (Pretend Veku here is essentially a new character the reason he is treated as one hence low ratio is because he's never had a single figure and he's not the main fusion of the set).

Now let's look at this November's SDBH WCF:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

It's a bit different since SDBH is only a set of 5 but it's same idea and viola Vegetto is at the high ratio!

I don't have the ResF ratio pics with me but you can take my word SSGSS Goku, Vegeta, Freeza were all blanked but over ratio'd and unsurprisingly all 3 had new forms! However in Freeza's set there was another blanked figure but at 6 (Golden Freeza was blanked at 14)...turned out to be Shishami and that fits with the new character pattern.

So to conclude anything main Goku/Vegeta and (assuming like Freeza in ResF) Broly will be over ratio, if fusions are in the movie then that will be too but also will be blanked like the March Goku however won't be labelled. If Goku/Vegeta/Broly have new forms or something spoiler-y then they will be blanked but presumably labelled.

Now I got sent September, October and November's catalogue scans early so if I hopefully do again I should have them exactly 2 weeks today.

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 972
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:06 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Ok. I completely perfected my theory on Paragus and Broly.

In the trailer, we got 2 shots of saiyans babies in incubator types of machines. No most would think that these aren’t the usual saiyan baby pods but they actually are. Due to evidence from another scene in the movie and the fact that its being written by Toriyama, we can assume that this movie is heavily taking from Dragon Ball Minus written by Toriyama. And in DBMinus, the saiyan baby pods looked like this:
Image


But there are still some differences between the DBMinus pod and the one from the trailer:
Image


My theory is that Paragus is less of a warrior and more of a scientist (judging from the fact he has his own tech remote and his clothing looks less fight-friendly, and he’s more manipulative and less savage) and he’s been trying to create more powerful saiyans. How?
Well when you look at Broly, his main power that separates him from the average saiyan is his abnormal SSJ form. His lack of pupils shows how this overload of power has made him go “berserk” and instead of just staying yellow, his arua surpasses that and becomes a green color. He gets a boost that’s superior to the regular Super Saiyan boosts and every way. It makes the user unstable. Now lets go way back to the root of SSJ. What do you need to activate it? S-Cells.


I believe that Paragus is trying to genetically modifiy saiyan babies by filling them with an abundance of S-Cells to increase their power and Broly is won of the successful experiments. That would be why Broly can achieve such a powerful Super Saiyan form. I mean, Toriyama said that you need to be on the nicer side for you to have more S-Cells. So how could a savage such as Broly have so many unless they were put into him artificially by a scientist?
And the whole idea of S-Cells was brought up by Toriyama in an interview which just so happened to be taken during the production of the movie itself. And the movie’s concept was “the origins of the saiyans’ power”. S-Cells are literally what makes Super Saiyan possible.


TD;DR Paragus is a scientist who genetically modifies saiyans to become more powerful be giving than more S-Cells and Broly is one of those saiyans which explains his very powerful SSJ form. A.K.A: LSSJ or SSBerserk
Interesting theory. This could explain why would they show baby Goku in the flashbacks too. Imagine if one of the twists in the movie was that Goku was one of Paragus' experiments. It'd be like a reverse of when Vegeta revealed that Goku was a lower class Saiyan. Whereas before he had to work hard to catch up with and surpass Vegeta, this potential movie twist would leave him wondering if his power was really was the result of his hard work or if it was just something given to him. All the while Paragus would be watching this fight go down, waiting to see which of his two test subjects was a bigger success.

User avatar
Jackalope89
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1012
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:13 pm

Oh, the English Dub trailer is one of the top trending videos on youtube. Over 3 million right now.

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6625
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:14 pm

superfan2024 wrote:After watching the trailer... does your sig still stand?
Yes. As I explained in another post, this trailer did not show anything to get me interested and "hyped" except for what it might be Bardock's hand. However, since Bardock himself does not appear properly and nothing that I wanted was shown, it is not enough for me to consider the "main series" to be alive and kicking again.

It will remain dead until they finally decide to present some good content in it (and properly on-screen).
Last edited by Grimlock on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply