Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:32 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Questions:

1.You said that for WCF, if a blank character is over ratio’d but it is Broly, Goku, or Vegeta, they’d have their name labeled. What about Freeza? Would he have his name labeled too?

2. The next WCF is getting revealed next week. What about the Ichiban Kuji? When does that get revealed?
1. Yes, Freeza will have his name labelled too, for the ToP WCF Golden Freeza was blanked but was labelled as "Golden Freeza".

2. Ichiban Kuji stock images should be revealed next week or in a few weeks (unless they're planning to play it really safe).

By Stock images I mean like this (from October Ichiban Kuji).

As opposed to the detailed sheets w/ reveal of smaller prizes (we won't get these until later).

(I posted stock images of the October IBK June 13th and the detailed sheets on July 5th.)
You posted the same image for both stock and detailed
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:36 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Questions:

1.You said that for WCF, if a blank character is over ratio’d but it is Broly, Goku, or Vegeta, they’d have their name labeled. What about Freeza? Would he have his name labeled too?

2. The next WCF is getting revealed next week. What about the Ichiban Kuji? When does that get revealed?
1. Yes, Freeza will have his name labelled too, for the ToP WCF Golden Freeza was blanked but was labelled as "Golden Freeza".

2. Ichiban Kuji stock images should be revealed next week or in a few weeks (unless they're planning to play it really safe).

By Stock images I mean like this (from October Ichiban Kuji).

As opposed to the detailed sheets w/ reveal of smaller prizes (we won't get these until later).

(I posted stock images of the October IBK June 13th and the detailed sheets on July 5th.)
You posted the same image for both stock and detailed
Whoops!. Should have been this for stock:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

No size details no nothing.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:07 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote: Assuming the reason Broly goes after Vegeta first in the trailer is because he hates the royals this time like Paragus did (AND how broly was originally meant to apparently)[...]
Where did you get that idea?
We know details of Broly are being shuffled. Paragus hating Vegeta was a thing here, and in the trailer, Broly goes immediately for Vegeta over Goku. Obviously Goku will be his final opponent but it looks less like it's to do with crying babies, especially when the shots of the babies have no crying and there's a third pod.

Like I said, assuming we take what is presented at face value, Goku doesn't look like the major target for Broly. Frankly, I'd prefer this.
I was referring to your claim in parentheses ie. that originally Broly was also supposed to hate the Royal Saiyan blood line.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:16 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Someone might have already thought about this, but what if Broly had a form that wasn't shown at Comic-Con (like how UI and SSGSSE were absent for Goku and Vegeta's designs) that allows him to obtain mastery over his power similar to Kale's form when she gained mastery over her power that could be potent enough to force out SSGSSE Vegeta and then UI Goku?
If there is such a form, I hope it’s similar to his intermediate form we really never get to see. Kinda like how he was in the 2nd Broly movie before the beefy transformation
How i predict the tournament will end:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:20 pm

TheOne wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:Someone might have already thought about this, but what if Broly had a form that wasn't shown at Comic-Con (like how UI and SSGSSE were absent for Goku and Vegeta's designs) that allows him to obtain mastery over his power similar to Kale's form when she gained mastery over her power that could be potent enough to force out SSGSSE Vegeta and then UI Goku?
If there is such a form, I hope it’s similar to his intermediate form we really never get to see. Kinda like how he was in the 2nd Broly movie before the beefy transformation
IMO, as we see by the end of the trailer, Blue Goku could barely match SSJ Broly. We didn;t even see Broly’s final form where his armor is off in the trailer. That makes me think that Full Power Broly is more than enough.

But if Broly did have an extra form he’s been hiding, I’d want it to be SSJ4 but with brown fur.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:36 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheOne wrote:
IMO, as we see by the end of the trailer, Blue Goku could barely match SSJ Broly. We didn;t even see Broly’s final form where his armor is off in the trailer. That makes me think that Full Power Broly is more than enough.

But if Broly did have an extra form he’s been hiding, I’d want it to be SSJ4 but with brown fur.
True, I'm not necessarily betting on a new form, but just thinking "what-if?"

Fur around his body without the tail? Hmm. I was thinking more along the lines of the simple Toriyama-like approach where he has a slightly different muscular frame, more or less spiky hair and visible eyes that are just as chartreuse as his hair is with visible pupils as well. Though I wouldn't mind a SS4 approach. My initial thoughts were that a SS4-like form would appear until I saw that he had no tail.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:45 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:IMO, as we see by the end of the trailer, Blue Goku could barely match SSJ Broly. We didn't even see Broly’s final form where his armor is off in the trailer. That makes me think that Full Power Broly is more than enough.
I think the final scene was him powering up into his LSsj form so at that point in the movie I highly doubt they're going to give him something else on top of that.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:59 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheOne wrote:

I really don’t think he’s necessarily “hiding” a new form. If he does transform again, I think it’d be the first time.

Something I noticed. It seems as if Frieza meets up with Broly before he gets ridiculously strong. I can see Paragus using Broly to go after Frieza in the beginning, thinking he’s strong enough to take down Frieza. Not realizing Frieza had a huge power increase recently. I could see the fight with Broly ending in almost a stalemate with the exception of Golden Frieza. Maybe Frieza bluffing that his strongest form is superior to Brolys peak (which is false), thus Paragus pledging loyalty to Frieza seeing that his trump card has failed.

Basically I’m trying to see why they’d side with Frieza instead of Saiyans. Maybe they’re keeping a similar storyline of Paragus hating Broly/Paragus?
How i predict the tournament will end:

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:28 pm

sintzu wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:IMO, as we see by the end of the trailer, Blue Goku could barely match SSJ Broly. We didn't even see Broly’s final form where his armor is off in the trailer. That makes me think that Full Power Broly is more than enough.
I think the final scene was him powering up into his LSsj form so at that point in the movie I highly doubt they're going to give him something else on top of that.
The battle royale was on a dark planet (maybe there is a moon). The last shot was focussing on the tale.
We'd might still get the Legendary Oozaru.

Adult Broly doesn't appear to have a tale, but he could still be wrapped somewhere behind that green 'bearskin', to keep it as a surprise. I don't say it'll certainly happen, but it remains a possibility.

The tale must have some part to play in the story, otherwise they wouldn't zoom in like that during the last shot.

OverHeaven
Beyond Newbie

Post by OverHeaven » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:43 pm

I saw this on Instagram, I don't believe I've seen these pics here or on Ajay's twitter. Besides the first picture. Sorry if I missed them.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:18 pm

TheOne wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
TheOne wrote:

I really don’t think he’s necessarily “hiding” a new form. If he does transform again, I think it’d be the first time.

Something I noticed. It seems as if Frieza meets up with Broly before he gets ridiculously strong. I can see Paragus using Broly to go after Frieza in the beginning, thinking he’s strong enough to take down Frieza. Not realizing Frieza had a huge power increase recently. I could see the fight with Broly ending in almost a stalemate with the exception of Golden Frieza. Maybe Frieza bluffing that his strongest form is superior to Brolys peak (which is false), thus Paragus pledging loyalty to Frieza seeing that his trump card has failed.

Basically I’m trying to see why they’d side with Frieza instead of Saiyans. Maybe they’re keeping a similar storyline of Paragus hating Broly/Paragus?
Maybe Frieza actually gets defeated only to act as if he sides with Paragus to manipulate him into using Broly to fight Goku and Vegeta as a means of following some hidden agenda he has? What that agenda is idk exactly lol but although I don’t think Broly will have another form I would love for him to have a ssj4 type of transformation at it would look sick and tie back into the roots of where the saiyans strength originated from (oozaru). Also on a side note what do yo think his yellow eyed form is? At first I was thinking restricted ssj but if you watch the trailer and stop on a few scenes you can see that he’s in the form without the brace around his neck...maybe it’s a form that pays tribute to ssj4 with the wild black hair, tail, yellow eyes etc. I’m sure his tail is under his pelt.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:00 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:The tale must have some part to play in the story, otherwise they wouldn't zoom in like that during the last shot.
What if Broly isn't a normal Saiyan but someone grown in the lab by Paragus and the zoom in was to show he succeeded.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:31 pm

sintzu wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:The tale must have some part to play in the story, otherwise they wouldn't zoom in like that during the last shot.
What if Broly isn't a normal Saiyan but someone grown in the lab by Paragus and the zoom in was to show he succeeded.

I don't think Broly will be completely artificially created, artificially enhanced at most.
Broly has these scars, someone must have given those to him, and it probably isn't Paragus.
They'll probably play down an old connection between King Vegeta / Vegeta / (Goku / Bardock) / Paragus / Broly / Freeza.

When Paragus yells 'do it, Broly!' it feels like the aim is to settle an old score, like it was in movie 8.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:46 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:I don't think Broly will be completely artificially created, artificially enhanced at most.
Broly has these scars, someone must have given those to him, and it probably isn't Paragus.
They'll probably play down an old connection between King Vegeta / Vegeta / (Goku / Bardock) / Paragus / Broly / Freeza.

When Paragus yells 'do it, Broly!' it feels like the aim is to settle an old score, like it was in movie 8.
Maybe Paragus was researching S-Cells on behalf of King Vegeeta to make the Saiyajin stronger than Freeza and he ended up experimenting on his infant son, which led to Broli becoming unstable and "murdered" by the King.

Jmass97
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Jmass97 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:53 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote:I don't think Broly will be completely artificially created, artificially enhanced at most.

Maybe Paragus was researching S-Cells on behalf of King Vegeeta to make the Saiyajin stronger than Freeza and he ended up experimenting on his infant son, which led to Broli becoming unstable and "murdered" by the King.

I hope that none of this happens lol but who knows.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:19 pm

Again, I don't see Paragus being a scientist and Broly just being a lab experiment would just diminish his character and make the story less interesting. Because then he just becomes Cell-lite or Diet-Cell. It's not the least bit interesting. Bardock was touted as being a Scientist, yet nothing we've seen would point to that. What was his science major in? Meteorology?
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:28 pm

Zelvin wrote:Again, I don't see Paragus being a scientist and Broly just being a lab experiment would just diminish his character and make the story less interesting. Because then he just becomes Cell-lite or Diet-Cell. It's not the least bit interesting. Bardock was touted as being a Scientist, yet nothing we've seen would point to that. What was his science major in? Meteorology?
Lol. You really just brought up the “Scienist Bardock” meme?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:32 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:IMO, as we see by the end of the trailer, Blue Goku could barely match SSJ Broly. We didn;t even see Broly’s final form where his armor is off in the trailer. That makes me think that Full Power Broly is more than enough.

But in the trailer Broly was going green against a shirtless Blue Goku. Seems Blue was enough to push him to legendary form.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:47 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Lol. You really just brought up the “Scienist Bardock” meme?
And yet he's the only Saiyan in the entire series to ever be called a Scientist.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:24 am

Zelvin wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Lol. You really just brought up the “Scienist Bardock” meme?
And yet he's the only Saiyan in the entire series to ever be called a Scientist.
Yeah, in a bad and inaccurate dub.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations