Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:So Goku will not win?
That's not a surprise, he hasn't won proper since forever..

So who's gonna win? Not got so not UI, not Vegeta coz he's Vegeta... Freeza's gonna save the day isn't he?
Broly will probably blow up again

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:22 pm

They're probably gonna do that video game opening thing and have it be Gogeta who beats Brolli.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:25 pm

BrolyKale wrote:https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1025411187197050880

"2 important Points in this Scan(Saikyo Jump)

1. As This Enemy is Clearly the Strongest;
Those who believe that Goku will win may lose confidence.
(Right Side : Written in Blue)
We've yet to see any signs of UI being in and now this while on the flip side we've got 2 "new" unknown characters and fusion reborn being shown alongside Broly and bardock's movies so I think it's safe to say now that it'll be Gogeta who takes him down.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MoscoSama
Temporarily Banned

Post by MoscoSama » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:27 pm

A self destruction would be so unsatisfactory imo.

I'd much rather see Gogeta show up and win

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:28 pm

sintzu wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Goku stole Beerus' hakai attack.
It can be introduced here just like Vegeta's SsjG form but as far as we know Goku doesn't have that attack in the anime.
emperior wrote:Let him be, it’s pointless to argue with him. He won’t accept it.
Toriyama already said the movie follows the anime's events while the manga will get its own version that differs from the movie so I don't know what's there to accept. At this point it's a common fact.
1345521 wrote:It won't follow the anime, we literally had like 3 pages of thread talking about this and I won't hesitate to create it again :evil:.
I'm sure you won't so I won't allow it to start.

From Toriyama himself : "The Dragon Ball Super movie will be the next story in the series currently airing on TV". "the Dragon Ball Super comic will (have) story developments different from the movie".

Those are undeniable, unarguable facts.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2018/03/12/of ... a-comment/
All Akira was saying that the story will continue past the anime tv show run, that's it. And that story is this movie. And how the manga will have development differnt then the anime (in tTop) and movie (Broly arc). But the movie will not be held to the chains of the anime continuity hint hint...ssj god vegeta and no toei fillers.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:30 pm

If Gogeta actually beckons then we will surely see a Giant Meteor VS Big-Bang Kamehameha. Please.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Post by Xaroc » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:50 pm

Btw. I wonder... maybe some scenes in the trailer were changed or incomplete? For example: some scenes in the trailers for Jurassic World 2, Infinity War, Star Wars Episode VIII and Venom were changed or not completely finished to that time, so those scenes looked different in the final movie or later trailers. Maybe they weren't showing "full power" Broly without armor yet and put in "angered" Broly (yellow eyes form) as a "stand-in" (for example when he was fighting SSJ Blue Gokuu or his power up in the last scene)? The same way they could have replaced Migatte no Gokui with Super Saiyajin Blue Gokuu for now so they wouldn't give too much of the story away.
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:54 pm

Is this really satisfactory, with Gogeta not only showing up but saving the day with his increasingly small time limit?

Gogeta being the savior will not only make the potara retcon absolutely pointless it will also make sure Broly will be defeated quickly and not with a proper struggle, because Gogeta dosen't have the time to struggle..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:04 pm

I hardly see anyone talking about that Freeza soldier with the purple hair... Is it just me or can that be Sorbet's mom? Maybe she's the one gathering the Dragon Balls to revive him and she's using Lemo and Cheely for that end. They then compete with Bloomer for the Dragon Balls.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:04 pm

According to GovetaXV:

"Dragon Ball Super Broly Movie will Have the Screening Time of Approx. 2 Hours.
2 Hours Screening Time is because there are lot of things to explain and since this Movie is "A Grand Space Battle Opera" Type Movie."

https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1025420249414492161

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:12 pm

ShaggyBlanco wrote:According to GovetaXV:

2 Hours Screening Time is because there are lot of things to explain and since this Movie is "A Grand Space Battle Opera" Type Movie."

Before anyone spreads misinformation, this is not confirmed and is just his own opinion.

Although i do also think the movie will have to be between at least 1:45 and 2 hours.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:19 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
ShaggyBlanco wrote:According to GovetaXV:

Before anyone spreads misinformation, this is not confirmed and is just his own opinion.

Although i do also think the movie will have to be between at least 1:45 and 2 hours.
Oh, I got the message with people stating it as confirmed and just read the tweet, sorry for that

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:20 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Gogeta being the savior will not only make the potara retcon absolutely pointless it will also make sure Broly will be defeated quickly and not with a proper struggle, because Gogeta dosen't have the time to struggle..
The potara retcon is pointless regardless of Gogeta showing up or not. If he does, let's hope it isn't a short fight as that'll be anti-climactic.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:22 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Is this really satisfactory, with Gogeta not only showing up but saving the day with his increasingly small time limit?
People liked Gogeta's beatdown on Jamenba and that was pretty much a single combo to end the movie, doing the same to Broly would please these fans at least

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:24 pm

sintzu wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Gogeta being the savior will not only make the potara retcon absolutely pointless it will also make sure Broly will be defeated quickly and not with a proper struggle, because Gogeta dosen't have the time to struggle..
The potara retcon is pointless regardless of Gogeta showing up or not. If he does, let's hope it isn't a short fight as that'll be anti-climactic.
That doesn’t matter. Time limits don’t really matter. You can have Gogeta have a time limit for and 1 minute but have him stay on screen for 10. Just say he’s moving at really fast speeds. Like what the whole T.o.P was
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:31 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:You can have Gogeta have a time limit for and 1 minute but have him stay on screen for 10. Just say he’s moving at really fast speeds. Like what the whole T.o.P was
I don't care how they do it, I just don't want Gogeta to show up and finish things with one attack. I'm not expecting a long fight but I want to to be a fight at least.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:39 pm

sintzu wrote:
BrolyKale wrote:https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1025411187197050880

"2 important Points in this Scan(Saikyo Jump)

1. As This Enemy is Clearly the Strongest;
Those who believe that Goku will win may lose confidence.
(Right Side : Written in Blue)
We've yet to see any signs of UI being in and now this while on the flip side we've got 2 "new" unknown characters and fusion reborn being shown alongside Broly and bardock's movies so I think it's safe to say now that it'll be Gogeta who takes him down.
UI will be in. Broly getting the Jiren hype, he'll definitely fight UI and probably beat it

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:So who's gonna win? Not Vegeta coz he's Vegeta...
Tell that to Toppo.
OLKv3 wrote:Broly getting the Jiren hype, he'll definitely fight UI and probably beat it.
I don't think UI is going to lose this early so if it's in it'll be taking Broly down.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:08 pm

sintzu wrote:I don't think UI is going to lose this early so if it's in it'll be taking Broly down.
If it does appear, it's possible Goku is half-dead already and maybe Broly instantly smacks him out of it to show the audience he's really strong and that Goku still doesn't have what it takes to use it.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:12 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
sintzu wrote:I don't think UI is going to lose this early so if it's in it'll be taking Broly down.
If it does appear, it's possible Goku is half-dead already and maybe Broly instantly smacks him out of it to show the audience he's really strong and that Goku still doesn't have what it takes to use it.
It activating for a few seconds to help Goku (or even Vegeta) avoid some killer attack but not long enough to do anything is very much possible.