New interview with Tatsuya Nagamine on directing this film.
Here's what stood out from the interview (based on using Google translate, so I apologise in advance if anything turns out innacurate):
- Nagamine's been a Dragon Ball fan since he was a kid.
- He wants this new movie to appeal to people who aren't interested in Dragon Ball (the parents taking their kids to the theatre, for example.)
- Nagamine wanted to be the series director for Super up until the end, but he ended up being selected as the director for the new movie, so he had to drop that position.
- He says that this movie is very attentive because talented people with enormous energy are gathering to work on it.
- I think he says that Zeno appears at one point during this film.
- The movie was supposed to be scheduled for 90 minutes, but when Nagamine made the storyboard, it ended up being twice as long (lol). He spoke to the producers about the run time of the film and it got extended.
- Lemo has been in the Freeza Force for decades. He's also a nice person. Cheelai is young and "a bad girl" (not a villain, most likely referring to her personality). From what I can make out, it looks like Lemo, Cheelai and Broly are a team and their relationship is paid attention to during the film. "Lemo, who has been doing nothing with the front line fighter of the Freeza Army, is changing with influence by actions of encounters with Broly and Cheelai's momentum."
- Freeza is "growing" (in strength, presumably) and it looks like his ambition is still to defeat Zeno.
- Freeza fought Goku and Vegeta alone in Resurrection 'F' and it was a great disadvantage. So Nagamine asks the reader to think about how Freeza will try to combat Goku and Vegeta in this film.