Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

GodVegetto91
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:18 am

Kaiosama wrote:Also Goku is confirmed to be almost a God while Vegeta is desperately trying to catch back up. Sounds about right. Hopefully we don't see that awful SSBE transformation again.
This is BS since SSBE Vegeta > Kaioken x20 SSJ Blue Goku (which isn’t even his own power, but rather a temporary technique to stack onto his own power!)

So how is Goku more of a God than Vegeta outside Ultra Instinct again???

If anything, Vegeta is far more of a God now with his divine fully formed eyes in SSB Evolution Mode.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

GodVegetto91
I Live Here

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:25 am

LightBing wrote:There's a lot of good stuff in there, glad the new secondary characters will have a role. Also didn't the producer just spoil that Freeza is trying to recruit Broly, not that was hard to guess. Glad Freeza's return is apparently being put to good use this time.

Goku almost being a God..., what does that exactly mean? It's such an open ended statement that it's annoying, it will only serve to rile up people. Waiting for the full translation.
Indeed, it managed to rile up me aswell since it makes absolutely zero sense. If anything VEGETA is the one who is much more of a GOD now than Goku. He is the only with the godly eye’d SSJ Blue Evolution state that even defeated a GOD OF DESTRUCTION! SSBE Vegeta > Kaioken x20 SSJ Blue Goku. (Which isn’t even his own power). Once again, the writers manage to fuck everything up by making unneccesary statements that completely contradict the actual feats and evidence within the show. I can’t believe how they were ever fit to be writers if they can’t even remember their own creations or stay consistent for that matter. It should be child’s play!
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Hawk9211 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:33 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
LightBing wrote:There's a lot of good stuff in there, glad the new secondary characters will have a role. Also didn't the producer just spoil that Freeza is trying to recruit Broly, not that was hard to guess. Glad Freeza's return is apparently being put to good use this time.

Goku almost being a God..., what does that exactly mean? It's such an open ended statement that it's annoying, it will only serve to rile up people. Waiting for the full translation.
Indeed, it managed to rile up me aswell since it makes absolutely zero sense. If anything VEGETA is the one who is much more of a GOD now than Goku. He is the only with the godly eye’d SSJ Blue Evolution state that even defeated a GOD OF DESTRUCTION! SSBE Vegeta > Kaioken x20 SSJ Blue Goku. (Which isn’t even his own power). Once again, the writers manage to fuck everything up by making unneccesary statements that completely contradict the actual feats and evidence within the show. I can’t believe how they were ever fit to be writers if they can’t even remember their own creations or stay consistent for that matter. It should be child’s play!
Goku has UI and I don’t understand how kaioken is not goku’s own power.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:34 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:So how is Goku more of a God than Vegeta outside Ultra Instinct again??? Once again, the writers manage to fuck everything up by making unneccesary statements that completely contradict the actual feats and evidence within the show.
I think both of his comments are regarding UI. Goku with UI is pretty much above every destroyer and might be closer to the angles while Vegeta is trying to catch up by achieving UI like he did in the TOP.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:37 am

Don't think SSBE will be included the movie, or mentioned.. I am open to be proven wrong by the movie..
My take is Goku can actually activate UI at will but can't maintain it for long, or it's limited to UI omen as of now, and Vegeta can't go past Blue but he is trying..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:58 am

https://twitter.com/DBReduxTDC/status/1 ... 6226486272

"So they were aiming for the new Broli movie to be ~90 minutes...

Toriyama's script ended up being ~180 minutes after the storyboards...

They extended the run time a bit, but in the end they still cut out about half of what was written for the plot."
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:10 am

Oh, I was hoping to finally get a 120-minute movie... :(

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:12 am

90mins is really not that bad tbh.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:21 am

One Piece: Strong World - 113 minute
One Piece: Z - 108 minute
One Piece: Gold - 120 minute
Moreove at One Piece there are weekly series and TV Specials...

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:41 am

Well they said that they extended the run time a bit, so it will be more than 90mins. Maybe 110-120mins.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:55 am

110-120 minutes would be great, and the manga would be able to adapt the full screenplay.

GodVegetto91
I Live Here

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:58 am

sintzu wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:So how is Goku more of a God than Vegeta outside Ultra Instinct again??? Once again, the writers manage to fuck everything up by making unneccesary statements that completely contradict the actual feats and evidence within the show.
I think both of his comments are regarding UI. Goku with UI is pretty much above every destroyer and might be closer to the angles while Vegeta is trying to catch up by achieving UI like he did in the TOP.
I think that would be the best possible answer indeed. If they are really talking about UI, than i agree. But they should have clarified that much better. Because these statements weren’t really that specific.

GodVegetto91
I Live Here

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:02 am

Ki Breaker wrote:Don't think SSBE will be included the movie, or mentioned.. I am open to be proven wrong by the movie..
My take is Goku can actually activate UI at will but can't maintain it for long, or it's limited to UI omen as of now, and Vegeta can't go past Blue but he is trying..
This has been proven to be false. Since Vegeta re-transformed into it (twice) after being knocked out of it the first time. Hell he even transformed into it after he was (supposively) “all out of energy” after nearly sacrificing himself to eliminate Toppo. So that argument is totally false.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:12 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Don't think SSBE will be included the movie, or mentioned.. I am open to be proven wrong by the movie..
This has been proven to be false. Since Vegeta re-transformed into it (twice) after being knocked out of it the first time. Hell he even transformed into it after he was (supposively) “all out of energy” after nearly sacrificing himself to eliminate Toppo. So that argument is totally false.
My comment is made assuming the first sentence of my post to be the case
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:24 am

BrolyKale wrote:90mins is really not that bad tbh.
Pacing is key as with every film. If it's paced well unlike the previous two films then it shouldn't be a problem. BoG was proof a shorter run time is sometimes better as the extended cut of BoG had atrocious pacing with all the additional scenes essentially inconsequential, like cutting to Vegeta so he can call Goku a bastard as he fights Beerus in SSG.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:35 am

Couple of thoughts from the interview and other tidbits I've seen:

- I can't believe that Toriyama wrote a THREE HOUR for a Dragon Ball movie. It's insane that Toriyama would put that much time and effort into one Dragon Ball project these days. But I have to commend him for being so outpouring with ideas and concepts he had planned for the movie. I REALLY hope that what was left on the cutting room floor and utilized in some fashion in forthcoming Dragon Ball stories. I think more than anything, this gives me the confidence that Toriyama is really dedicated to give the most he can to one given Dragon Ball story. I hope this mentality remains if/when Dragon Ball Super returns to TV.

- I'm not really surprised that the SSJ "tingly back" scenario was something provided by Toriyama. It sounds exactly like the sort of thing Toriyama would do, given his habit of cavilarily trivialising SSJ forms. I wonder how much complaining there will still be over this knowing this was Toriyama's doing.

- While I originally did state that I thought the Broly movie would be two hours, Toriyama original three hour scripts of the film being trimmed down to 90 - 110(?) minutes still has me intrigued with how much content will be in the final cut of the movie. Pacing will be key. Hopefully this movie doesn't move at two quick a pace or feels too bloated.

- I've already grown incredibly intrigued with Chelye. She carries off this wildcard persona that Dragon Ball doesn't do often. And with how Lemo, a person who has been serving Freeza for decade, influences her attitude, I hope this is some way ties Freeza and rebirth of his empire. And speaking of Freeza...

- I'm delighted that Freeza's is "growing" -- whether is be in characterisation and/or strength -- as it gives more avenues for not only how the story for movie can develop, but should Freeza continue to be central figure in future Dragon Ball stories, it gives more room to the progression and development future story arcs for a potential return of Dragon Ball Super on TV. I'm even more delighted that Freeza ambition of killing and overthrowing Zeno to rule over the Gods. I'm so glad that plot point in the Universal Survival arc wasn't forgotten.

- Goku coming close to reaching the status of the a "God" pretty much confirms that even with Ultra Instinct, Beerus is still above him. Not much to say about Vegeta wanting to catch up to Goku. That was Vegeta does.

If I wasn't already extremely excited about what the DBS movie had to offer before, I certainly am now. It seems like everyone involved is giving it 110%.

I can't wait.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:38 am

sintzu wrote:
That makes the most sense to me, but the comment still bugs me since Vegeta wasn't bothered by Goku being ahead of him with UI before and they were equals with SSB and its advanced variants. But maybe it's just poorly worded.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:43 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Couple of thoughts from the interview and other tidbits I've seen:

- I can't believe that Toriyama wrote a THREE HOUR for a Dragon Ball movie. It's insane that Toriyama would put that much time and effort into one Dragon Ball project these days. But I have to commend him for being so outpouring with ideas and concepts he had planned for the movie. I REALLY hope that what was left on the cutting room floor and utilized in some fashion in forthcoming Dragon Ball stories. I think more than anything, this gives me the confidence that Toriyama is really dedicated to give the most he can to one given Dragon Ball story. I hope this mentality remains if/when Dragon Ball Super returns to TV.

- I'm not really surprised that the SSJ "tingly back" scenario was something provided by Toriyama. It sounds exactly like the sort of thing Toriyama would do, given his habit of cavilarily trivialising SSJ forms. I wonder how much complaining there will still be over this knowing this was Toriyama's doing.

- While I originally did state that I thought the Broly movie would be two hours, Toriyama original three hour scripts of the film being trimmed down to 90 - 110(?) minutes still has me intrigued with how much content will be in the final cut of the movie. Pacing will be key. Hopefully this movie doesn't move at two quick a pace or feels too bloated.

- I've already grown incredibly intrigued with Chelye. She carries off this wildcard persona that Dragon Ball doesn't do often. And with how Lemo, a person who has been serving Freeza for decade, influences her attitude, I hope this is some way ties Freeza and rebirth of his empire. And speaking of Freeza...

- I'm delighted that Freeza's is "growing" -- whether is be in characterisation and/or strength -- as it gives more avenues for not only how the story for movie can develop, but should Freeza continue to be central figure in future Dragon Ball stories, it gives more room to the progression and development future story arcs for a potential return of Dragon Ball Super on TV. I'm even more delighted that Freeza ambition of killing and overthrowing Zeno to rule over the Gods. I'm so glad that plot point in the Universal Survival arc wasn't forgotten.

- Goku coming close to reaching the status of the a "God" pretty much confirms that even with Ultra Instinct, Beerus is still above him. Not much to say about Vegeta wanting to catch up to Goku. That was Vegeta does.

If I wasn't already extremely excited about what the DBS movie had to offer before, I certainly am now. It seems like everyone involved is giving it 110%.

I can't wait.
I thought the statement about Goku being “almost” at the level of a God was supposed to be due to the fact that he can’t access UI at will. I don’t think that’s a confirmation that UI Goku is weaker than Beerus.

Mister_Popo
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by Mister_Popo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:46 am

Lord Beerus wrote: - I'm not really surprised that the SSJ "tingly back" scenario was something provided by Toriyama. It sounds exactly like the sort of thing Toriyama would do, given his habit of cavilarily trivialising SSJ forms. I wonder how much complaining there will still be over this knowing this was Toriyama's doing.

I'm not completely against they would do something with the back (shaking, Ki-leaking out of it before they actually get the aura?) animation-wise when they go SSJ1. It could be cool, because till now, besides Caulifla going SSJ1 first time, they were always just screaming before the SSJ-aura came.

If it makes things look more dramatic, it's definetely no trivialising, it just enhances the spectacle.
I like it when they experiment with new stuff.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:54 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:The comment still bugs me since Vegeta wasn't bothered by Goku being ahead of him with UI before.
He may not be upset about it but that doesn't mean he's going to sit around and let him keep it all to himself. He said the same thing at the start of Super, he doesn't mind Goku being the strongest but he'll do his absolute best to be up there as well.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.