Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:34 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:I saw HQ SSG Vegeta and all was right with the world.
Same here. It won't be a big deal in the grand scheme of things but it's so great to finally see him use it that it'll make an already (potentially) great movie that much better.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:12 pm

HECTOR4 wrote:But is only a crazy theory XDDDD Of course I don't think Toriyama has thought of any of this XDDD
Fuck it, we're acknowledging one awful Bardcok story, might as well do another.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

HECTOR4
Regular

Post by HECTOR4 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:22 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
HECTOR4 wrote:But is only a crazy theory XDDDD Of course I don't think Toriyama has thought of any of this XDDD
Fuck it, we're acknowledging one awful Bardcok story, might as well do another.
No, we are recognizing that currently the Tsufruians in Toriyama's head are different from the version he invented for the DBZ filler. But only is a theory XD

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Miracles wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:It doesnt matter if he lost only in arm wrestling. Whis said Jiren might be above GoD tier before he powered up full power. And then Jiren gets another power up on top on his full power. He is above beerus. And nobody contradicts Whis about thus statement.
Whis stated Jiren is only stronger than Belmound. Has nothing to do with Beerus.
miguelnuva1 wrote:It was said that UI Goku might be stronger than Beerus and that same guy smokes Jiren.
Exactly. It's only questionable if UI Goku who beat Jiren is stronger than Beerus, it's an unknown.
Wow really, Whis stated that Jiren is GoD tier ( no specific name wich one of the GoD. Then he said perhaps even above. You see never ever he mention Belmouth. The context is that he is not (only) above his GoD but above GoD tier: so each one. Beerus is a GoD so therfore beerus << Jiren.

https://youtu.be/wvrNHKBp098

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:44 pm

The way the Bios line up I think Vegeta is taking out Frieza.

As for Jiren didnt Belmoud get scared of Beerus's sphere of destruction?

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:It doesnt matter if he lost only in arm wrestling. Whis said Jiren might be above GoD tier before he powered up full power. And then Jiren gets another power up on top on his full power. He is above beerus. And nobody contradicts Whis about thus statement.
Whis stated Jiren is only stronger than Belmound. Has nothing to do with Beerus.
miguelnuva1 wrote:It was said that UI Goku might be stronger than Beerus and that same guy smokes Jiren.
Exactly. It's only questionable if UI Goku who beat Jiren is stronger than Beerus, it's an unknown.
Wow really, Whis stated that Jiren is GoD tier ( no specific name wich one of the GoD. Then he said perhaps even above. You see never ever he mention Belmouth. The context is that he is not (only) above his GoD but above GoD tier: so each one. Beerus is a GoD so therfore beerus << Jiren.

A God with or without UI makes a big difference. If Beerus is the only God that has UI and Belmod hasn't, even if Jiren > Belmod, Beerus could still be substantially stronger than Jiren.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:00 pm

LightBing wrote:Freeza's personal maid talking like she wants to him is off-character for Namek Freeza..., I'm thinking this the typical Mr.Toriyama way of showcasing progress without saying anything while providing some gags.
Seems like Freeza isn't being wasted and is actually developed. I'm much more interested in him than Broly. They might be softening him up and smarting him up.

Chelye is a type of character I really like, expecting great things from her.
How he being off character is a progression?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Extreme_kai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Extreme_kai » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:15 pm

LightBing wrote:Freeza's personal maid talking like she wants to him is off-character for Namek Freeza..., I'm thinking this the typical Mr.Toriyama way of showcasing progress without saying anything while providing some gags.
Seems like Freeza isn't being wasted and is actually developed. I'm much more interested in him than Broly. They might be softening him up and smarting him up.

I too am looking forward to his interaction with her. She may have been his nanny when he was a child so he lets her get away with things more than others. I've always been interested in Freeza's personality beyond his tyrant persona, I hope the film can give us some of those fanservice moments with him.

Also calling it now, the green girl is a galactic patrol spy.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:22 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:The way the Bios line up I think Vegeta is taking out Frieza.
I don't think Freeza will fight him or Goku as the trailer implies Goku and Vegeta start fighting Broly together only for Freeza to fight him later so I think he'll stand back and watch only for Broly to turn on him as well.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Noah wrote:

How he being off character is a progression?
I said Namek Freeza, not for this Freeza that it seems the author is trying to represent. Namek Freeza had no qualms killing anybody. If he holds back killing this person no matter their backstory then that's progress, the typical Dragon Ball progress which doesn't dwell and points the finger at it screaming.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:44 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:
Miracles wrote: Whis stated Jiren is only stronger than Belmound. Has nothing to do with Beerus.

A God with or without UI makes a big difference. If Beerus is the only God that has UI and Belmod hasn't, even if Jiren > Belmod, Beerus could still be substantially stronger than Jiren.
Goku had UI (the incomplete one like Beerus) we all know that is was not enough for Jiren.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:36 pm

sintzu wrote:
I don't think Freeza will fight him or Goku as the trailer implies Goku and Vegeta start fighting Broly together only for Freeza to fight him later so I think he'll stand back and watch only for Broly to turn on him as well.
I love having another Vegeta supporter here on the boards, but it’s just a trailer. They’re not going show every battle that’s going to happen in this film.
How i predict the tournament will end:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:53 pm

TheOne wrote:
sintzu wrote:
I love having another Vegeta supporter here on the boards, but it’s just a trailer. They’re not going show every battle that’s going to happen in this film.
I'm all for a real one on one fight between Vegeta and Freeza (which could happen before Broly shows up) but from the trailer which could be misleading, it doesn't look like anyone is going to have a chance to do anything other than fight Broly.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:49 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheOne wrote:
sintzu wrote:
I'm all for a real one on one fight between Vegeta and Freeza (which could happen before Broly shows up) but from the trailer which could be misleading, it doesn't look like anyone is going to have a chance to do anything other than fight Broly.
Maybe Trunks and Goten (or Gotenks) can keep Frieza entertained for a bit :lol:
How i predict the tournament will end:

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:13 pm

I’m wondering how exactly Broly’s normal Super Saiyan form will come into play. We see him in his yellow-eyed stage for a vast majority of the trailer; even clashing with SSB Goku before eventually ascending into LSS.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:26 pm

Why would anyone deny that Vegeta could use SSG in the DBS anime when the RoF arc and movie made it clear that you need SSG in order to become SSB? SSB is literally what happens when a SSG goes SSJ1, that's why the form was originally called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Its common sense.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:37 pm

ricky84 wrote:Why would anyone deny that Vegeta could use SSG in the DBS anime when the RoF arc and movie made it clear that you need SSG in order to become SSB? SSB is literally what happens when a SSG goes SSJ1, that's why the form was originally called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Its common sense.
.....yup. I don't know man.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:57 am

PFM18 wrote:
ricky84 wrote:Why would anyone deny that Vegeta could use SSG in the DBS anime when the RoF arc and movie made it clear that you need SSG in order to become SSB? SSB is literally what happens when a SSG goes SSJ1, that's why the form was originally called Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Its common sense.
.....yup. I don't know man.
Some fans like to complicate things for the fun of it.

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:25 am

It's probably those people who didn't watch the Anime version of ROF saga. Goku's explanation of SSB in the movie was vague, but in the Anime he clearly stated that SSB is the SSJ level of SSG, so it was obvious from there

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:50 am

If SSBE & kaioken are not in the movie, will the anime still be considered the main product/ continuation?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker