Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
ZeroNeonix
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 759
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:30 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Noah wrote:Finally Gohan revelead:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Stop clickbaiting all the time. People are tired of it. People expect to see a real legit thing from the movie and all they get is some kind of stupid meme. These jokes are old and have never been funny in the first place. Kanzenshuu is not a clickbait website.
You say "people" when really you just mean yourself. You don't speak for anyone else.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:36 pm

We're ~1 week away from this month's issue of V-jump. I wonder what they'll reveal this time? At least a couple more character designs, I would hope.

User avatar
Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:42 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Miracles wrote: No, the events are speaking manga only. As the descriptions and pictures are Toriyama's manga continuing with Toyotaro's Super manga images along with V jump covers. Nothing anime specific except for the Broly movie images which continues the canon manga.
BS. How in the world could the Broly film be based on the manga canon when the manga's ToP arc isn't even finished yet? Also, the film was in production back in early 2017 when the DBS manga was still in the Black arc. Plus, Toriyama himself had already confirmed back in January 2018 that the film was following the anime version and that the manga would do its own adaption of the film afterwards:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2018/03/12/of ... a-comment/

I swear, manga fans go out of there way to validate Toyotaro's version smh.
Troiyama didn't say it would be based off the anime, he said it continues after the last episode of the anime, if you are smart enough - you'll know the differnce. And toriyama also said toyotaro adaption will be differnt then the anime and movie - if anime and movie were One - why make distinction? And why isn't there evolution or kaioken, or omen etc anywhere, and of all things- why is ssj god vegeta here?
Point is this movie takes place past the ToP arc, but it's not based off the anime version or manga version, it's based of AKIRAS version of dbs so you won't get any toei exlcusive stuff from toriyama. Therefore this movie isn't based on the anime, therefore miracles evidence is still valid therefore the manga is the offcial continuation of the db manga - Facts.
I swear, manga fans go out of there way to validate Toyotaro's version smh.
Hey now, let's keep our sodium levels low.

User avatar
Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:42 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:We're ~1 week away from this month's issue of V-jump. I wonder what they'll reveal this time? At least a couple more character designs, I would hope.
Hopefully not kaioken, evolution, Omen,

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 546
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ricky84 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:55 pm

Jesus-is Lord wrote: Troiyama didn't say it would be based off the anime, he said it continues after the last episode of the anime, if you are smart enough - you'll know the differnce. And toriyama also said toyotaro adaption will be differnt then the anime and movie - if anime and movie were One - why make distinction? And why isn't there evolution or kaioken, or omen etc anywhere, and of all things- why is ssj god vegeta here?
Point is this movie takes place past the ToP arc, but it's not based off the anime version or manga version, it's based of AKIRAS version of dbs so you won't get any toei exlcusive stuff from toriyama. Therefore this movie isn't based on the anime, therefore miracles evidence is still valid therefore the manga is the offcial continuation of the db manga - Facts.
1. He clearly said the movie directly follows the end of the DBS anime, any non-biased person could see that it means its based on the anime.
2. Both the anime and manga are based on Toriyama's outline so your argument here makes no sense.
3. I didn't say a thing about the DBS manga being canon to the original manga. Proving my point about manga fanboys being insecure about canon lol.
4. Miracles said that the film was based on the manga, which is clearly false since Toriyama himself said that the manga is making its own version of the story afterwards.
5. Both the Omen and SSBE were introduced after the film started production, so that argument fails. And it was never stated in the DBS Anime that Vegeta couldn't use SSG (you need SSG to become a SSB in the first place, thats why the form was originally called Super saiyan god super saiyan. Its common sense).
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 3024
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Miracles » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:58 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Miracles wrote: No, the events are speaking manga only. As the descriptions and pictures are Toriyama's manga continuing with Toyotaro's Super manga images along with V jump covers. Nothing anime specific except for the Broly movie images which continues the canon manga.
BS. How in the world could the Broly film be based on the manga canon when the manga's ToP arc isn't even finished yet? Also, the film was in production back in early 2017 when the DBS manga was still in the Black arc. Plus, Toriyama himself had already confirmed back in January 2018 that the film was following the anime version and that the manga would do its own adaption of the film afterwards:
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2018/03/12/of ... a-comment/

I swear, manga fans go out of there way to validate Toyotaro's version smh.
First of all, Toriyama stated the film was just the next story from the TOP that finished from the TV series. It has nothing to do with canon/continuity. Secondly, I didn't say the Broly movie was based on the canon manga, I said the Broly movie continues the canon manga, IE, the timeline continuity of the DB canon manga as shown in the images. Lastly, I am an anime over manga guy but I know how to yield to authority and not be a bias fanboy. The fact is the Super manga has been labeled by Shueisha as the canon to Toriyama's DB manga.
Last edited by Miracles on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."~Psalm 14:1

User avatar
Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 pm

ricky84 wrote:
Jesus-is Lord wrote: Troiyama didn't say it would be based off the anime, he said it continues after the last episode of the anime, if you are smart enough - you'll know the differnce. And toriyama also said toyotaro adaption will be differnt then the anime and movie - if anime and movie were One - why make distinction? And why isn't there evolution or kaioken, or omen etc anywhere, and of all things- why is ssj god vegeta here?
Point is this movie takes place past the ToP arc, but it's not based off the anime version or manga version, it's based of AKIRAS version of dbs so you won't get any toei exlcusive stuff from toriyama. Therefore this movie isn't based on the anime, therefore miracles evidence is still valid therefore the manga is the offcial continuation of the db manga - Facts.
1. He clearly said the movie directly follows the end of the DBS anime, any non-biased person could see that it means its based on the anime.
2. Both the anime and manga are based on Toriyama's outline so your argument here makes no sense.
3. I didn't say a thing about the DBS manga being canon to the original manga. Proving my point about manga fanboys being insecure about canon lol.
4. Miracles said that the film was based on the manga, which is clearly false since Toriyama himself said that the manga is making its own version of the story afterwards.
5. Both the Omen and SSBE were introduced after the film started production, so that argument fails. And it was never stated in the DBS Anime that Vegeta couldn't use SSG (you need SSG to become a SSB in the first place, thats why the form was originally called Super saiyan god super saiyan. Its common sense).
1. The dbs anime is ahead and is popular, so he just said that to tell when the arc takes place...though if evolution and kaioken appear in the movie - you can throw all of my arguments into the toilet.
2. And the movie is made strictly by toriyama, so he's going to base this movie OFF HIS OUTLINE and maybe some ideas he puts into his personal outline (EHEM SSJ GOD VEGETA). The onyl worry is if greedy toei insist they put their trash creations into the fight scenes instead of keeping ssj god and ssj blue only.
3. lol - My Bad , lord Ricky. Please forgive me and us "insecure manga fanboys"
4. It could be if that what toriyama wants and sorta is allowed to do... ( Can he even do that?) but chances are unlikely since ssj blue and god have auras and i'm not sure toei has any interest in pulling ideas from toyotaro... I'd think...
5. True, but that means kaioken must be in the movie then... Right? :twisted: and if movie start so far back then it's boviously not meant to be the continuation of specifcally the anime, but just the arc in general - which means it's the continuation of AKIRAS dragon ball! aka his notes lol. If it was so "common sense" then why did akira never make a model of ssj god vegeta, and why was ssj god vegeta never even brought up in the tv show? because it didn't exist, we don't know if vegeta COULD turn into it or not. All we know is ssj god vegeta never existed or was borught up in the anime or even super until toyotaro came along, which is why toriyama had to supervise it since it was such a big change and shake-up.

Look, you may be right or not. Idk, if no toei forms show up. You bet this movie is going on its own continuity which will be adapated by the manga first, then an anime later.
I have a feeling, they might come full circle and after this ToP arc - change the series name and re-adapat the movie under a new series title like they did with Z. Though this is just speculation.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7567
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:06 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Noah wrote:Finally Gohan revelead:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Stop clickbaiting all the time. I'm tired of it. I expect to see a real legit thing from the movie and all I get is some kind of stupid meme. These jokes are old and have never been funny in the first place.
Oh don't feel bad it was just a little joke, sorry if wasn't that fun for ya.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 1926
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Marlowe89 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:46 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:We're ~1 week away from this month's issue of V-jump. I wonder what they'll reveal this time? At least a couple more character designs, I would hope.
Going for broke: Bardock. It's totally Bardock.

...or maybe not. More Shintani art is something to look forward to in any case.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:41 am

Jesus-is Lord wrote:WOAH, Sintzu?! How the heck do you know all of this?

Do you know how many debates you could have single handly ended with this information?

So is that why sheueisha and toei will never adapt manga for dragon ball, and is that why toyotaro manga won't be adapated anytime soon ?

Anime that adapt manga are reliant on the manga selling well, so instead of that: it's better to focus on products and toys as your income instead of also hoping on manga sales!?

Hold on a second, why does toyotaro keep promising he'll be ahead and what impact will that happen for the franchise?


I remind you the idea of broly was brought to toriyama and found it interesting to craft an Original rebooted story, he rejected the garbage ideas toei tried to sell for him so story is still important for toriyama at least.

That information about running time was some awesome tid-bit, too!.
It's all based on what I've read about how the industry works in Japan. Fairy tail was only supposed to be around 50-60 episodes but the huge boost in sales the manga got allowed it to continue and adapt the entire manga (the final part is getting adapted this year). Bleach was the opposite as the anime got cancelled once the manga's sales went into free falling. Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon and now DB live and die by their merchandise cause there's no manga to sell so the show gets its support from the merchandise sales. Kai got cancelled at first cause despite the majority of episodes' ratings being in the top 10, the merchandise and video games weren't doing that well(to put it nicely) so Bandai had no reason to fund a show that wasn't selling their products.

Unfortunately some people will stick to what they think even if presented with facts that prove otherwise so chance are this wouldn't have changed anything in a debate.

Toyotaro's manga won't be adapted because it's monthly while DB is (when it returns) a weekly anime so there won't be enough material to adapt and for some reason they don't want to move DB back into weekly Jump which would be the only way to adapt it. In order to adapt a monthly manga DB would have to switch over to a seasonal format in order to give the manga enough time to develop things.

Bandai is DB's main sponsor so it's in their best interest to push for merchandise to be the main focus as that's where they make their $$$.

He was ahead for awhile during the Champa arc while the anime was still adapting RF so it'll help get people excited for what's to come.

I'm not saying it isn't important, just that DB isn't handled the way it was before and that story isn't the only thing taken into account while making new DB products. Back then the manga was the main product and it was handled by one man while everything else was based on it. Now, You've got Toriyama, Toyotaro, and the "editorial office" to name a few deciding on how things go so the process of making DB has clearly changed from before. I personally think the way DB is handled has been really holding it back form reaching its full potential.

Thanks. :mrgreen: You can double check everything I've said as there may be things I understood wrong or aren't completely accurate.
Last edited by sintzu on Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
prince212
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 790
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:30 pm
Location: wild west

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by prince212 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:57 am

Noah wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Noah wrote:Finally Gohan revelead:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Stop clickbaiting all the time. I'm tired of it. I expect to see a real legit thing from the movie and all I get is some kind of stupid meme. These jokes are old and have never been funny in the first place.
Oh don't feel bad it was just a little joke, sorry if wasn't that fun for ya.
Hahahahaha I can’t stop laughing
sintzu wrote: Toyotaro's manga won't be adapted because it's monthly while DB is (when it returns) a weekly anime so there won't be enough material to adapt and for some reason they don't want to move DB back into weekly Jump which would be the only way to adapt it. In order to adapt a monthly manga DB would have to switch over to a seasonal format in order to give the manga enough time to develop things.
Agree with that , I’d like a seasonal format that elevates anime quality to the next level , dbs was just some chapters here and there . Dragon ball deserves that , and no movie adaptations ... that’s pathetic.
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

User avatar
Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 811
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:23 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:36 am

Jesus-is Lord wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
Jesus-is Lord wrote: Don't tell me this movie is going to be PG? Please PLEASE don't tell me this movie is going to be pg
I just checked in B.o.G was PG. Nothing for R.o.F but i’d assume its the same. Even the first Broly movie was PG.

Thats kinda sad.
The first broly movie was PG? Whaaat? Are all DBz movies PG? No way.the broly movie had hardcore violence and blood, plus had slavery, maniuplution, murder and wide scale destruction...how in the world was that PG? Plus the character acted like adults and weren't overly exaggerated to appeal to children... Was the world much tougher back then, has society gotten to soft?
You seem seriously misinformed.Dragon ball is a shonen,shonen means boy and most of shonen including dragon ball is directed towards 6-13 years old.The blood and gore is mostly gone to appeal towards international markets and laws in japan have become stricker towards this thing.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:39 am

prince212 wrote:I’d like a seasonal format that elevates anime quality to the next level. Dragon ball deserves that.

No movie adaptations ... that’s pathetic.
The best we can hope for is a better production schedule and a head writer who can keep things consistent.

It is but we'll probably get a Broly movie anyway. It shouldn't be anything more than a few minute recap but chances are it'll be at least 10 episodes long.
Hawk9211 wrote:
Jesus-is Lord wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: I just checked in B.o.G was PG. Nothing for R.o.F but i’d assume its the same. Even the first Broly movie was PG.

Thats kinda sad.
The first broly movie was PG? Whaaat? Are all DBz movies PG? No way.the broly movie had hardcore violence and blood, plus had slavery, maniuplution, murder and wide scale destruction...how in the world was that PG? Plus the character acted like adults and weren't overly exaggerated to appeal to children... Was the world much tougher back then, has society gotten to soft?
You seem seriously misinformed.Dragon ball is a shonen,shonen means boy and most of shonen including dragon ball is directed towards 6-13 years old. The blood and gore is mostly gone to appeal towards international markets.
Both of your statements are misinformed. According to Wikipedia, "shonen is primarily intended for boys between the ages of 12 to 18". DB up to very recently did not take the international market into account or even had any knowledge of DB's popularity outside of Japan.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 811
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:23 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:45 am

sintzu wrote: Both of your statements are misinformed. According to Wikipedia, "shonen is primarily intended for boys between the ages of 12 to 18". DB up to very recently did not take the international market into account or even had any knowledge of DB's popularity outside of Japan.
Wikipedia isn’t the end of all.The source in Wikipedia article you have says:
Shonen [少年], sometimes seen written as shounen, is the term given to manga and anime whose target audience is male readers. The kanji for shonen can be literally translated into "few" or "little years". This is appropriate because the shonen age group consists of boys ranging from eight to eighteen years old.
And from kotaku:
Literally meaning “few years,” “shonen” (少年) typically refers to young boys under the age of fifteen.
And I said primarily aimed at 8 to 13 which is at least true for series like dragon ball and one piece.While stuff like attack on titans,evangelion etc. is intended for older audiences same can’t be said for most of popular series like naruto,bleach,dragon ball etc.

I reached the above conclusion after reading a bunch of sources and listening to knowledgeable persons like herms,kunzait etc.But to end this debate let’s ask other people:
SaiyaJedi wrote:your opinion?
VegettoEX wrote: Your opinion?
In regards to the blood and violence,outside stricker laws if you really think that they did not think of international audience at production of super anime I simply disagree.
Last edited by Hawk9211 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

User avatar
Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 811
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:23 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:52 am

Double post.
Last edited by Hawk9211 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:59 am

Hawk9211 wrote:If you really think that they did not think of international audience at production of super anime I simply disagree.
Weren't you talking about Z's old movies ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Hawk9211
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 811
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:23 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Hawk9211 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:09 am

sintzu wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:If you really think that they did not think of international audience at production of super anime I simply disagree.
Weren't you talking about Z's old movies ?
No.
Why power levels are important?
The genre and roots of dragon ball

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:15 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:If you really think that they did not think of international audience at production of super anime I simply disagree.
Weren't you talking about Z's old movies ?
No.
It even took them awhile to get things going with Super internationally as America had to wait up till the end of Zamasu's arc for an official subbed version to release alongside the episodes.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:50 am

Hawk9211 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:If you really think that they did not think of international audience at production of super anime I simply disagree.
Weren't you talking about Z's old movies ?
No.
Stricter laws my behind, it's quite obvious super is much softer and tonned down then z was, and dragon ball is teenagers, not pre-teens. Dragon ball was intended to appeal to an older audience then dr slump did which was an Shonenen manga as well, and wiki says 12 to 18.
Besides, how in the world are the theme and adult humor in db and z only intended for 8 to 13 years old? Db manga are more mature then supers anime and that's a fact. Even toyotaro manga is intended for middle teen years children and we all know akiras manga is more mature then toyotaro, so how is his only intended for little kids? It's not.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:56 am

Jesus-is Lord wrote:
Hawk9211 wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Weren't you talking about Z's old movies ?
No.
Stricter laws my behind, it's quite obvious super is much softer and tonned down then z was, and dragon ball is teenagers, not pre-teens. Dragon ball was intended to appeal to an older audience then dr slump did which was an Shonenen manga as well, and wiki says 12 to 18.
Besides, how in the world are the theme and adult humor in db and z only intended for 8 to 13 years old? Db manga are more mature then supers anime and that's a fact. Even toyotaro manga is intended for middle teen years children and we all know akiras manga is more mature then toyotaro, so how is his only intended for little kids? It's not.
More than one person here will try to bring down the original DB and other Shonen to justify Super's shortcomings. One Piece which is the exact same type of Shonen as DB and was even inspired by it has a majority fan base of adults, 88% to be exact.

http://www.animegamesonline.com/2011/12 ... re-adults/
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Post Reply