Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6570
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:15 am
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:12 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: So you think Roshi dodging Jiren or even going up against Frost in the anime makes sense?
Not the point, characters can be given attention, and it can be done in an acceptable way is my argument, nobody is done for good until and unless current artificial limitations are to be taken literally, which, in media, is never a wise thing to do
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

User avatar
omaro34
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1815
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 pm
Location: Western Canada

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by omaro34 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:43 am

Sadly, Piccolo's role is going to be "I never felt a power like this! Just absolutely enormous"!

Then proceed to stop his babysitting service and sense the battle of the big guns, sweat trickling down his face.

Somehow that justifies him getting his own poster so they can tease us Piccolo fans but hell no I'm not falling for it.

They just love to troll us
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:58 pm

omaro34 wrote:Sadly, Piccolo's role is going to be "I never felt a power like this! Just absolutely enormous"!

Then proceed to stop his babysitting service and sense the battle of the big guns, sweat trickling down his face.

Somehow that justifies him getting his own poster so they can tease us Piccolo fans but hell no I'm not falling for it.

They just love to troll us
Yeah I could see this happening. It is very sad for poor Piccolo :cry:

Although to be fair, he hasn't been labeled as "one of the big guns" since he fused with Kami.
LightBing wrote:People still hold up on Gohan. :eh:

I get the anime forcing the character into a bigger role might have influenced perceptions
Wait this is the anime's doing? what?

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:04 pm

PFM18 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Sadly, Piccolo's role is going to be "I never felt a power like this! Just absolutely enormous"!

Then proceed to stop his babysitting service and sense the battle of the big guns, sweat trickling down his face.

Somehow that justifies him getting his own poster so they can tease us Piccolo fans but hell no I'm not falling for it.

They just love to troll us
Yeah I could see this happening. It is very sad for poor Piccolo :cry:

Although to be fair, he hasn't been labeled as "one of the big guns" since he fused with Kami.
Its funny because he is non-saiyan character with the most chances of becoming relevant. He could be tied into the Namekian Book of Legends or maybe he could get some god-status form via some event with Zalama. There have been theories that the Namekians are a race of descendants from Zalama. And we know that Toei hasn’t forgotten about fusion so they could always hav Piccolo fuse with all the namekians in U6, U7, or both.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:25 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: Knowing DBS, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no in-movie explanation whatsoever for Vegeta deciding to use SSG after all this time.
One isn't needed. It is obvious why he didn't use it up until now. The only time it would even remotely make sense would have been if he used it during the ToP but even then the fact that he didn't use it could simply be attributed to him not putting as much emphasis on conserving stamina as Goku did. Besides, he spent a significant time, unlike Goku, not even fighting at all. He had that scene before Frost attacked him where he had simply been watching the fight. It is an inferior form that's only useful for stamina conservation purposes.
AnimeNation101 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Sadly, Piccolo's role is going to be "I never felt a power like this! Just absolutely enormous"!

Then proceed to stop his babysitting service and sense the battle of the big guns, sweat trickling down his face.

Somehow that justifies him getting his own poster so they can tease us Piccolo fans but hell no I'm not falling for it.

They just love to troll us
Yeah I could see this happening. It is very sad for poor Piccolo :cry:

Although to be fair, he hasn't been labeled as "one of the big guns" since he fused with Kami.
Its funny because he is non-saiyan character with the most chances of becoming relevant. He could be tied into the Namekian Book of Legends or maybe he could get some god-status form via some event with Zalama. There have been theories that the Namekians are a race of descendants from Zalama. And we know that Toei hasn’t forgotten about fusion so they could always hav Piccolo fuse with all the namekians in U6, U7, or both.
Well all of the Universe 6 Namekians had already fused with each other to the point of only having 2 Namekians left in the entire race.(obviously that's why they were so strong.) So all Piccolo would have to do is fuse with Saonel and Pirina, All they'd have to do is come up with some In-Universe reason why the two U6 Namekians would want to do it.

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:31 pm

PFM18 wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: Knowing DBS, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no in-movie explanation whatsoever for Vegeta deciding to use SSG after all this time.
One isn't needed. It is obvious why he didn't use it up until now. The only time it would even remotely make sense would have been if he used it during the ToP but even then the fact that he didn't use it could simply be attributed to him not putting as much emphasis on conserving stamina as Goku did. Besides, he spent a significant time, unlike Goku, not even fighting at all. He had that scene before Frost attacked him where he had simply been watching the fight. It is an inferior form that's only useful for stamina conservation purposes.
AnimeNation101 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Yeah I could see this happening. It is very sad for poor Piccolo :cry:

Although to be fair, he hasn't been labeled as "one of the big guns" since he fused with Kami.
Its funny because he is non-saiyan character with the most chances of becoming relevant. He could be tied into the Namekian Book of Legends or maybe he could get some god-status form via some event with Zalama. There have been theories that the Namekians are a race of descendants from Zalama. And we know that Toei hasn’t forgotten about fusion so they could always hav Piccolo fuse with all the namekians in U6, U7, or both.
Well all of the Universe 6 Namekians had already fused with each other to the point of only having 2 Namekians left in the entire race.(obviously that's why they were so strong.) So all Piccolo would have to do is fuse with Saonel and Pirina, All they'd have to do is come up with some In-Universe reason why the two U6 Namekians would want to do it.
And if they really still want to keep the race alive somehow, maybe say that when Piccolo meditates, he can access the consciousnesses of the entire Namekian race.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PFM18 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:44 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: Knowing DBS, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no in-movie explanation whatsoever for Vegeta deciding to use SSG after all this time.
One isn't needed. It is obvious why he didn't use it up until now. The only time it would even remotely make sense would have been if he used it during the ToP but even then the fact that he didn't use it could simply be attributed to him not putting as much emphasis on conserving stamina as Goku did. Besides, he spent a significant time, unlike Goku, not even fighting at all. He had that scene before Frost attacked him where he had simply been watching the fight. It is an inferior form that's only useful for stamina conservation purposes.
AnimeNation101 wrote: Its funny because he is non-saiyan character with the most chances of becoming relevant. He could be tied into the Namekian Book of Legends or maybe he could get some god-status form via some event with Zalama. There have been theories that the Namekians are a race of descendants from Zalama. And we know that Toei hasn’t forgotten about fusion so they could always hav Piccolo fuse with all the namekians in U6, U7, or both.
Well all of the Universe 6 Namekians had already fused with each other to the point of only having 2 Namekians left in the entire race.(obviously that's why they were so strong.) So all Piccolo would have to do is fuse with Saonel and Pirina, All they'd have to do is come up with some In-Universe reason why the two U6 Namekians would want to do it.
And if they really still want to keep the race alive somehow, maybe say that when Piccolo meditates, he can access the consciousnesses of the entire Namekian race.
Well the entire race of Universe 7 Namekians would still exist safe and sound and separate of Piccolo. The Universe 6 Nameks already did him the favor of fusing their entire race down to two, now he just has to fuse with them and he'll be extremely powerful in a believable way. And I mean nobody cares about the Universe 6 Namekians so nobody would really be broken up about not seeing them again being a casualty of Piccolo being relevant in power.

User avatar
BlueBasilisk
I Live Here
Posts: 3061
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:58 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:47 pm

I don't think it ever said Saonel and Pirina fused with all the Namekians, just a lot of them. And Piccolo never seemed all that jazzed about fusing with Nail or Kami so I really doubt he'd go out of his way to fuse with anyone else just for power.

User avatar
PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here
Posts: 2219
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:47 pm

Big misconception: Saonel and Pirina didn't fuse with ALL of the Namekians of Universe 6's Namek.

They only fused with MANY of them; dozens even. But they NEVER say that they fused with LITERALLY ALL OF THEM.

Besides, if Universe 6 is gonna be involved in the movie in any way, it's more likely that it'd be the Universe 6 Saiyans and Kale, specifically.

User avatar
Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1033
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:19 am
Location: Destiny Islands

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Sora Saiyan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:55 pm

PFM18 wrote:
TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote: Knowing DBS, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no in-movie explanation whatsoever for Vegeta deciding to use SSG after all this time.
One isn't needed. It is obvious why he didn't use it up until now. The only time it would even remotely make sense would have been if he used it during the ToP but even then the fact that he didn't use it could simply be attributed to him not putting as much emphasis on conserving stamina as Goku did. Besides, he spent a significant time, unlike Goku, not even fighting at all. He had that scene before Frost attacked him where he had simply been watching the fight. It is an inferior form that's only useful for stamina conservation purposes.
He should’ve logically used it against Aniraza before he and Goku went Blue. It looks worse because he stayed as a regular SSJ for a period and Goku was in his God form, Goku was not doing well against Aniraza yet Vegeta decides to continue fighting in a much more inferior form. I really can’t understand why he chose to continue in that form. After watching Goku in action he should’ve only logically thought about fighting as a SSJG at the minimum. That’s the instance I can think of that looks a bit jarring knowing now that he can use SSJG, there could be more times but that’s the only one where he’s using an inferior form next to Goku in God form.

Maybe they will actually give an explanation and he couldn’t use it there. Who knows what Toriyama or Toei could decide on.
AnimeNation101 wrote:And we know that Toei hasn’t forgotten about fusion so they could always hav Piccolo fuse with all the namekians in U6, U7, or both.
Ya know, it’s just dawned on me that Pirina and Saonel are the only ones left on their planet now, pretty sad really.
If they were to fuse with Piccolo it would be a great way of making Piccolo relevant again, and would make a lot of sense because of how powerful they are.

User avatar
SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu/East District

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:08 pm

Dragono wrote: You claim goku having ssj4 makes up for him being turned into child which did regress his character as well because he started acting like a kid in episode 7 specifically and you ignore the fact that super saiyan 4 was revealed in episode 34 when he was turned into a kid in episode 1 nearly 33 episodes later, half of Gt's total and wasn't even super saiyan 4 all the time for the rest of the series.
People keep claiming this, but I am still waiting for what people are referring to when they claimed turning him into a kid regressed his character enough to hurt the plot. Because to me, a kid acting like a kid in comedic filler scenes is pretty much just logical. The fact that Goku in GT could go in and out of the tone shifts at all was proof they knew when to apply what scenes to his character. Where as Goku in Super is a sourable argument of his regression as a character, even in comparison to himself in DB. In Super Goku was literally only written to get serious when people started complaining that he never was serious in Super. So what did Toei throw in? A cheesy rage boost. Because thats what the Super writers think a serious character is.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7862
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:44 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
Dragono wrote: You claim goku having ssj4 makes up for him being turned into child which did regress his character as well because he started acting like a kid in episode 7 specifically and you ignore the fact that super saiyan 4 was revealed in episode 34 when he was turned into a kid in episode 1 nearly 33 episodes later, half of Gt's total and wasn't even super saiyan 4 all the time for the rest of the series.
People keep claiming this, but I am still waiting for what people are referring to when they claimed turning him into a kid regressed his character enough to hurt the plot. Because to me, a kid acting like a kid in comedic filler scenes is pretty much just logical. The fact that Goku in GT could go in and out of the tone shifts at all was proof they knew when to apply what scenes to his character. Where as Goku in Super is a sourable argument of his regression as a character, even in comparison to himself in DB. In Super Goku was literally only written to get serious when people started complaining that he never was serious in Super. So what did Toei throw in? A cheesy rage boost. Because thats what the Super writers think a serious character is.
Goku in GT is, if anything, one of the more mature versions of him. It definitely didn't regress his character, he didn't suddenly start doing pat pat tests to see which gender someone was, he didn't lack a basic understanding of what television or electricity are,... He knows and remembers everything that's happened to him in his entire life up until that point.

Like a lot of GT stuff, this feels like something people parrot as a critique without really stopping to think about it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Xeztin
I Live Here
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:15 pm
Location: Toyotarō's Place

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Xeztin » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:14 pm

Piccolo is in the same state of Buu, Tien, Trunks, Goten and every other non main character except Roshi and Bulma. There were so many characters that were created and befriended by Goku until now that Toriyama pretty much stopped Supporting them during the Saiyan arc. Buu was never anything in Super, they teased but ammounted to nothing. Piccolo has had the same clothes and powers since he was introduced. The ToP was more than likely the last hoo-rah for everyone except Roshi, Bulma, Goku, Gohan, Freeza, and the Gods. Piccolo is far out dated in terms of design and powers. I hate to say it but he needs new power, clothes, and transformations before Toei will get behind him as a big gun.

User avatar
Xeztin
I Live Here
Posts: 2241
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:15 pm
Location: Toyotarō's Place

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Xeztin » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:17 pm

Piccolo is in the same state of Buu, Tien, Trunks, Goten and every other non main character except Roshi and Bulma. There were so many characters that were created and befriended by Goku until now that Toriyama pretty much stopped Supporting them during the Saiyan arc. Buu was never anything in Super, they teased but ammounted to nothing. Piccolo has had the same clothes and powers since he was introduced. The ToP was more than likely the last hoo-rah for everyone except Roshi, Bulma, Goku, Gohan, Freeza, and the Gods. Piccolo is far out dated in terms of design and powers. I hate to say it but he needs new power, clothes, and transformations before Toei will get behind him as a big gun.

User avatar
PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here
Posts: 2219
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:17 pm

Xeztin wrote:Piccolo is in the same state of Buu, Tien, Trunks, Goten and every other non main character except Roshi and Bulma. There were so many characters that were created and befriended by Goku until now that Toriyama pretty much stopped Supporting them during the Saiyan arc. Buu was never anything in Super, they teased but ammounted to nothing. Piccolo has had the same clothes and powers since he was introduced. The ToP was more than likely the last hoo-rah for everyone except Roshi, Bulma, Goku, Gohan, Freeza, and the Gods. Piccolo is far out dated in terms of design and powers. I hate to say it but he needs new power, clothes, and transformations before Toei will get behind him as a big gun.
And major trend-changers for Piccolo will only come about if Toriyama feels like giving the character major focus.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 546
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ricky84 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:01 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
omaro34 wrote:Sadly, Piccolo's role is going to be "I never felt a power like this! Just absolutely enormous"!

Then proceed to stop his babysitting service and sense the battle of the big guns, sweat trickling down his face.

Somehow that justifies him getting his own poster so they can tease us Piccolo fans but hell no I'm not falling for it.

They just love to troll us
Yeah I could see this happening. It is very sad for poor Piccolo :cry:

Although to be fair, he hasn't been labeled as "one of the big guns" since he fused with Kami.
Its funny because he is non-saiyan character with the most chances of becoming relevant. He could be tied into the Namekian Book of Legends or maybe he could get some god-status form via some event with Zalama. There have been theories that the Namekians are a race of descendants from Zalama. And we know that Toei hasn’t forgotten about fusion so they could always hav Piccolo fuse with all the namekians in U6, U7, or both.
This seriously needs to be a thing. Super Namekian God Piccolo would be awesome. If something like that happened then Piccolo would finally reclaim his status (that Hit stole lmao) as the token non-saiyan badass.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:11 pm

Xeztin wrote:Piccolo is in the same state of Buu, Tien, Trunks, Goten and every other non main character except Roshi and Bulma. There were so many characters that were created and befriended by Goku until now that Toriyama pretty much stopped Supporting them during the Saiyan arc. Buu was never anything in Super, they teased but ammounted to nothing. Piccolo has had the same clothes and powers since he was introduced. The ToP was more than likely the last hoo-rah for everyone except Roshi, Bulma, Goku, Gohan, Freeza, and the Gods. Piccolo is far out dated in terms of design and powers. I hate to say it but he needs new power, clothes, and transformations before Toei will get behind him as a big gun.
What has clothes got ro with anything?

Roshi has done nothing major at all but you are referring to your expectation of Roshi due to him doing nothing during Z. Gohan went missing and is doing the same again so I don't know why you are listing him. Piccolo is also definitely not like Buu, Tien, Goten and Trunks.

User avatar
TheOne
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 942
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by TheOne » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Xeztin wrote:Piccolo is in the same state of Buu, Tien, Trunks, Goten and every other non main character except Roshi and Bulma. There were so many characters that were created and befriended by Goku until now that Toriyama pretty much stopped Supporting them during the Saiyan arc. Buu was never anything in Super, they teased but ammounted to nothing. Piccolo has had the same clothes and powers since he was introduced. The ToP was more than likely the last hoo-rah for everyone except Roshi, Bulma, Goku, Gohan, Freeza, and the Gods. Piccolo is far out dated in terms of design and powers. I hate to say it but he needs new power, clothes, and transformations before Toei will get behind him as a big gun.
The fact that you believe Roshi is going to play a bigger roll in the future of dragon ball than Goten and Trunks is just absurd.

Goten and Trunks are CLEARLY being saved for adventures down the road. Just because they showed Roshi in this tournament does not mean that he’s going to be a prominent figure in the series. You come across as a Roshi homer. Everything in your statement is just silly. Piccolo finished? He trained Gohan for goodness sake. You think he’s not able to be a mentor to any of the younger fighters down the road? Ridiculous.
How i predict the tournament will end:

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 546
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ricky84 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:19 pm

TheOne wrote:
Xeztin wrote:Piccolo is in the same state of Buu, Tien, Trunks, Goten and every other non main character except Roshi and Bulma. There were so many characters that were created and befriended by Goku until now that Toriyama pretty much stopped Supporting them during the Saiyan arc. Buu was never anything in Super, they teased but ammounted to nothing. Piccolo has had the same clothes and powers since he was introduced. The ToP was more than likely the last hoo-rah for everyone except Roshi, Bulma, Goku, Gohan, Freeza, and the Gods. Piccolo is far out dated in terms of design and powers. I hate to say it but he needs new power, clothes, and transformations before Toei will get behind him as a big gun.
The fact that you believe Roshi is going to play a bigger roll in the future of dragon ball than Goten and Trunks is just absurd.

Goten and Trunks are CLEARLY being saved for adventures down the road. Just because they showed Roshi in this tournament does not mean that he’s going to be a prominent figure in the series. You come across as a Roshi homer. Everything in your statement is just silly. Piccolo finished? He trained Gohan for goodness sake. You think he’s not able to be a mentor to any of the younger fighters down the road? Ridiculous.
There's also the fact that Piccolo is in the DBS Broly film and Roshi isn't.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13033
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:59 pm

ricky84 wrote:
TheOne wrote:
Xeztin wrote:Piccolo is in the same state of Buu, Tien, Trunks, Goten and every other non main character except Roshi and Bulma. There were so many characters that were created and befriended by Goku until now that Toriyama pretty much stopped Supporting them during the Saiyan arc. Buu was never anything in Super, they teased but ammounted to nothing. Piccolo has had the same clothes and powers since he was introduced. The ToP was more than likely the last hoo-rah for everyone except Roshi, Bulma, Goku, Gohan, Freeza, and the Gods. Piccolo is far out dated in terms of design and powers. I hate to say it but he needs new power, clothes, and transformations before Toei will get behind him as a big gun.
The fact that you believe Roshi is going to play a bigger roll in the future of dragon ball than Goten and Trunks is just absurd.

Goten and Trunks are CLEARLY being saved for adventures down the road. Just because they showed Roshi in this tournament does not mean that he’s going to be a prominent figure in the series. You come across as a Roshi homer. Everything in your statement is just silly. Piccolo finished? He trained Gohan for goodness sake. You think he’s not able to be a mentor to any of the younger fighters down the road? Ridiculous.
There's also the fact that Piccolo is in the DBS Broly film and Roshi isn't.
Ultra Instinct Roshi to Stronk for Broccoli.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Post Reply