Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I Live Here
Posts: 2220
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:37 am

Plot 1

Broly goes Lssj and starts to beat Goku and Vegeta.
Having no choice the two fuse.
Gogeta blue beats Broly but this makes Broly stronger.
Gogeta defuses and Broly takes out Vegeta.
Goku goes into Completed Ultra instinct and fights Broly.
Movie ends with Broly becoming a ally and Goku vowing he'll best Broly next time and Vegeta saying he'll best Goku.

Plot 2.

Broly goes lssj and starts to beat Goku and Vegeta.
Goku goes into Omen or UI but Broly is getting stronger.
Vegeta goes into Omen.
As the two are fighting in instinct and not in control ultra instinct makes them fuse into gogeta.
Omen/ UI Gogeta beats broly then defuses.
The 3 weakened saiyans go their separate ways with Broly now an ally, Goku vowing to defeat Broly and Vegeta wanting to beat Goku

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:41 am

For those curious we now have the full December merch schedule. It took us 5 years, which included 2 films and an entire new series consisting of 131 episodes to finally get merchandise treatment similar to One Piece!

Next week we move on to and get the brunt of Jan through to March lets see if they can keep this train going!

User avatar
CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 395
Joined: Sun May 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:42 am

I'm not keen on Gogeta being in this movie, since that means they will perfectly pull it off or it will 1:1 copy Fusion Reborn. It would be fine if they pull Gogeta earlier in the movie since we know SS Broli exists and Ikari is already on par with 2 Super Saiyan Blue's. Though atleast make it a "fight", i'm tired of this last second oneshot/stomp thing they like to do for the movies

User avatar
alakazam^
I Live Here
Posts: 2714
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:55 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:47 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:As the two are fighting in instinct and not in control ultra instinct makes them fuse into gogeta.
Actually, I'd like to see this, if Gogeeta is a thing.

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Shaddy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:44 am

Xeogran wrote: And your bias just had to kick in, didn't it? I disagree to both. Vegetto's cocky personality got stale, especoally since he can never achieve anything of worth yet tries to act all mighty.
Okay first, "well you don't like Gogeta so your point is invalid" is a complete non-argument. Second, what makes you think Gogeta will be able to do anything Vegetto can't? If Toriyama's way of writing fusions, or Gogeta's only non-movie portrayal are any proof, he's just as useless.
Xeogran wrote:And as for design, that is subjective, but I quite frankly also got bored of him having the same outfit from Buu arc. And him constantly being put in every new game as DLC material.
Considering Gogeta's outfit doesn't even have the added effect of being a fusion of other characters' outfits and is instead just a copy of Gotenks's outfit, I don't see how it's any more unique. Also "well I'm angry he's not represented in video games enough" is just as biased as me not liking Gogeta.
Xeogran wrote:Gogeta will bring something fresh to the series.
No he won't. Neither of these characters bring anything fresh. Most of the movie doesn't. Fusions are played out in general, and adding one that already existed anyway and would likely have no changes whatsoever isn't going to change that.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:48 am

It’s probably just me but doesn anyone else want some kind of Gogeta redesign? I know that would make him feel less like Gogeta but they did the same for Broly. Maybe just a change in hair style?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular
Posts: 717
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:14 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:It’s probably just me but doesn anyone else want some kind of Gogeta redesign? I know that would make him feel less like Gogeta but they did the same for Broly. Maybe just a change in hair style?
Not just you. IF Gogeta is a thing, I wouldn’t mind a redesign with his hair myself. Maybe a second bang or so.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 546
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ricky84 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:33 pm

The fact that Broly in the movie could take on SSB Goku in just his base suggest that UI Gogeta isn't a stretch at all. Neither is a sequel story.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

User avatar
#17
Newbie
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:55 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by #17 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:15 pm

I hope 17 will be mentioned at least

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:34 pm

ricky84 wrote:The fact that Broly in the movie could take on SSB Goku in just his base suggest that UI Gogeta isn't a stretch at all. Neither is a sequel story.
Toei released designs of of base Broly with ripped up clothes which suggests he won't die at the end. In terms of UI Gogeta, I think it's too soon for that as we've yet to see the full capabilities of UI Goku and Vegeta has yet to get any version of it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Xeogran
I Live Here
Posts: 2278
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Xeogran » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:42 pm

Shaddy wrote:Second, what makes you think Gogeta will be able to do anything Vegetto can't? If Toriyama's way of writing fusions, or Gogeta's only non-movie portrayal are any proof, he's just as useless.
Because I'm not a pessimist, and I'm also aware of the fact Vegetto Blue was Toyotaro's idea to spice up the arc.

This time we're dealing with Toriyama himself, he won't make him appear just to lose and have the same thing for the hundreth time, where a Fusion brings no results.

People used to think RoF was useless as a movie, but it introduced a new form for Freeza and he eventually got out of hell, so in the end, it had an impact on the series as a whole.
Shaddy wrote:No he won't. Neither of these characters bring anything fresh. Most of the movie doesn't. Fusions are played out in general, and adding one that already existed anyway and would likely have no changes whatsoever isn't going to change that.
And how can you be so sure he won't bring anything new to the table? For all we know Vegeta performing the Fusion Dance for the first time may have a permament impact on his character in the future, or it can be mentioned passingly as a joke.
AnimeNation101 wrote:It’s probably just me but doesn anyone else want some kind of Gogeta redesign? I know that would make him feel less like Gogeta but they did the same for Broly. Maybe just a change in hair style?
I like current Gogeta. Redesign would mean he'd look different every time he appeared (M12, GT and now M20). I'm not sure if it's worth having three different Gogetas all under the same name.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2757
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:10 pm

So what do people prefer?

Blue Gogeta

Or UI Gogeta??

Even though i don’t like the concept of Gogeta at all, as i’ve made painfully clear already.. If i have to choose between UI Gogeta and a SSJ Blue Gogeta, i would prefer UI Gogeta.

Because 1. Obviously since i love the concept of UI, and 2. If an Ultra Instinct FUSION is needed to fight Broly, than it would add all the more to Broly’s insane power level and it would make Broly look all the more powerful and mighty.

Ofcourse i still prefer UI GOKU above anything else, but if that isn’t happening than UI Gogeta is my next best preference.
“The fool looks for God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:15 pm

sintzu wrote:
ricky84 wrote:The fact that Broly in the movie could take on SSB Goku in just his base suggest that UI Gogeta isn't a stretch at all. Neither is a sequel story.
Toei released designs of of base Broly with ripped up clothes which suggests he won't die at the end. In terms of UI Gogeta, I think it's too soon for that as we've yet to see the full capabilities of UI Goku and Vegeta has yet to get any version of it.
The most i’d expect is... well, let me just paint the scene.

Its either in space (earth’s atmosphere) or the volcanic area.

Its the climax. SSBKK Gogeta and LSSJ Broly are going at it. Its the climax of the fight. The insert song for the movie is playing and its Shida’s scene. They’re exchanging blows and they knock each other back, and with one powerful zoom from each of them, they race fly towards each other to deliver the final blow. But as soon as Broly’s about to hit Gogeta, very briefly, Gogeta’s hair goes black and his eyes flash silver as he dodges the punch and delivers a heavy blow to Broly followed by a ki blast as point blank range. Broly falls to the grown, reverts to base, and is unconscious. The next time we see Gogeta, he’s also in base, no more Ultra Instinct, he slowly floats to the ground, unfuses, and Goku and Vegeta fall back onto the ground.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
AnimeNation101
I Live Here
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 pm
Location: Planet ShoJump

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:27 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:So what do people prefer?

Blue Gogeta

Or UI Gogeta??

Even though i don’t like the concept of Gogeta at all, as i’ve made painfully clear already.. If i have to choose between UI Gogeta and a SSJ Blue Gogeta, i would prefer UI Gogeta.

Because 1. Obviously since i love the concept of UI, and 2. If an Ultra Instinct FUSION is needed to fight Broly, than it would add all the more to Broly’s insane power level and it would make Broly look all the more powerful and mighty.

Ofcourse i still prefer UI GOKU above anything else, but if that isn’t happening than UI Gogeta is my next best preference.
Most people I’ve seen, me included dont want UI Gogeta as that would put him at a level of power thats too high.
Gogeta shouldn’t even have to go UI.

At MOST i’ll take SSBEKK Gogeta or SSBKKx20 Gogeta. Nothing more.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

User avatar
namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:39 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:32 pm

sintzu wrote:
ricky84 wrote:The fact that Broly in the movie could take on SSB Goku in just his base suggest that UI Gogeta isn't a stretch at all. Neither is a sequel story.
Toei released designs of of base Broly with ripped up clothes which suggests he won't die at the end. In terms of UI Gogeta, I think it's too soon for that as we've yet to see the full capabilities of UI Goku and Vegeta has yet to get any version of it.
Surely Broly won't be a part of the main cast from now on. If his power keeps increasing as advertised how would that even work. There is no reason why he can't be killed in base.

Ultra Instinct Gogeta is just way too much right now and SSB will be his maximum.

User avatar
sintzu
Banned
Posts: 13583
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:34 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Its the climax. SSBKK Gogeta and LSSJ Broly are going at it. Its the climax of the fight. The insert song for the movie is playing and its Shida’s scene. They’re exchanging blows and they knock each other back, and with one powerful zoom from each of them, they race fly towards each other to deliver the final blow. But as soon as Broly’s about to hit Gogeta, very briefly, Gogeta’s hair goes black and his eyes flash silver as he dodges the punch and delivers a heavy blow to Broly followed by a ki blast as point blank range. Broly falls to the grown, reverts to base, and is unconscious. The next time we see Gogeta, he’s also in base, no more Ultra Instinct, he slowly floats to the ground, unfuses, and Goku and Vegeta fall back onto the ground.
That sounds about right, although I don't know if they'll use Kaioken. What I'm most interested in is what will happen to Broly once he's back to normal. I don't think he'll be a good guy but they clearly don't want to kill him off either.
namekiansaiyan wrote:Surely Broly won't be a part of the main cast from now on.
I think he'll end up like Freeza where he just leaves and does his own thing until the writers want to use him again. I don't think they're keeping him alive cause they have immediate future plans for him but rather they want to avoid having to bring him back if they think of something later on.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

User avatar
Galan007
Regular
Posts: 606
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:34 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Galan007 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:05 pm

My question is:
If indeed we see Gogeta in this film, how exactly do you think the time-limit of Metamoran be handled? Because back in Z, SSJ3 Gotenks could only exist for 5 minutes before it cancelled-out their fusion completely, iirc -- implying that the more powerful the fusion becomes, the less time it is able to exist... And a theoretical SSB Gogeta(especially given the individual powers of Goku and Vegeta at the end of the ToP) is so many orders of magnitude beyond SSJ3 that it's almost incomprehensible. So will that immense power shorten the proverbial 'shelf life' of Gogeta, like it did to Vegetto/Potara back in the Zamasu arc(when Goku/Vegeta were far weaker than they are now), or will they get the full amount of time out of the fusion, because God ki =/= normal ki..?

My fear is that Gogeta will appear, immediately transform into SSB, and proceed to one-shot-kill Broly within seconds(in a manner reminiscent of Gogeta vs. Janemba from Movie #12.) Really hoping that's not how it plays out, because the whole 'last minute random powerup instantly saves the day!!' thing has been ridiculously overdone in the films.

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 3285
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Miracles » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:15 pm

sintzu wrote:
Miracles wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Bandai have labelled him Movie Character A1 & A2... rather than A & B... so that settles it Gogeta has two forms. Either Gogeta Red or Blue or Gogeta Blue or Silver.
Bandai? Come on...This isn't confirmation of anything.
If all these signs aren't enough to convince you of the possibility of him showing up then I think you're just in denial about it.
No denial just factual. A game has no bearing on the film.

User avatar
Koitsukai
I Live Here
Posts: 2024
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:07 pm

In the xenoverse 2 thread, there was a leak about Broli and Gogeta, and what I think was how much damage they inflict, had Broly or Broli wth higher stats than Gogeta. I guess Gogeta Blue will show up, lose or end up being not quite enough, just like omen vs Jiren, defuse and full migatte will defeat Broly or Broli. The scenario we didn't have in the ToP(Vegito blue losing and then MUI saving the day)

User avatar
Miracles
I Live Here
Posts: 3285
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:31 am

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Miracles » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:15 pm

What makes you guys think Goku and Vegeta will be willing to fuse since everyone is assuming Gogeta reveal for the movie?
Last edited by Miracles on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply