Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

sintzu
Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:54 am

Miracles wrote:What makes you guys think Goku and Vegeta will be willing to fuse since everyone is assuming Gogeta reveal for the movie?
They probably like living so having to pick between dying and fusing won't be a hard choice.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

namekiansaiyan
Temporarily Banned

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:32 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
precita wrote:So Trunks and Goten were likely in this movie to show Goku/Vegeta how to fusion dance.
Goku was the one who showed them the fusion dance, so no reason for them to show vegeta fusion dance when goku can show him himself.
Piccolo will show Vegeta the fusion dance before he becomes Pikkon.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:13 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
precita wrote:So Trunks and Goten were likely in this movie to show Goku/Vegeta how to fusion dance.
Goku was the one who showed them the fusion dance, so no reason for them to show vegeta fusion dance when goku can show him himself.
Piccolo will show Vegeta the fusion dance before he becomes Pikkon.
Piccolo could do that, and Vegeta learning it so fast won’t be strange at all as the manga confirmed he knows the dance.
sintzu wrote:
Miracles wrote:What makes you guys think Goku and Vegeta will be willing to fuse since everyone is assuming Gogeta reveal for the movie?
They probably like living so having to pick between dying and fusing won't be a hard choice.
Vegeta having Bulma, Trunks and Bra will be all the push he needs. We know Goku doesn’t have an issue with the dance as he wanted to perform it in Buu’s body.

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:14 am

Plus, don't forget that Vegeta's relunctance to fuse is greatly diminished when he knows it's temporary.
He went from "Vegetto again? Never!!" to "Let's do it!" the second he learned that it was for a very limited time.

The fact that Broly is a Saiyan may play a role in his decision as well: depending on the new backstory, Vegeta might feel that he or his family are responsible for the threat that Broly became and that it's his duty as the Prince of Saiyans to stop it even if that means putting his pride aside for 30 minutes.

The thing is that they also need a reason to choose the weaker Gogeta against the stronger and more instant Vegetto.
Basically, I guess potalas have to be inaccessible. It could be as simple as Goku not managing to detect Kaio Shin for some reason (maybe there's a big reunion of all Kaio Shin at Zeno's palace or something).

So Vegeta agreeing to fuse is not really the issue you should be worried about, it's about explaining why they choose the more complicated and less effective fusion instead of the other one that's gonna need an explanation, even if it's a very basic reason in the end.

If Gogeta is in, maybe he will be redesigned just like Broly for his canon incarnation. However, given that the dance fusion's costume is predetermined, he wouldn't end up being much different than what we knew anyway, I guess. It's also possible that, going by the way Toriyama sees Goku and Vegeta's faces being mixed with Vegetto, he will have the exact same head as Vegetto. Basically Vegetto with Gotenks' clothes.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:29 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:My theory is that Gogeta will be pummeling Broly for a bit, but it turns out to do more harm than good because Broly ends up getting even stronger. We then see Gogeta getting the shit kicked outta him until he eventually defuses. Broly’s now too strong to fight against and the only way to defeat him is to make him exert all his power to return him back to normal.

To do this, Goku will tap into UI (Omen or Perfected, doesn’t really matter) and baits Broly into fighting him. Goku will dodge all of Broly’s attacks but won’t fight back because he doesn’t want him to get any stronger. Goku will win by tiring Broly out and will do so without landing a single blow.
That's what I'm thinking might happen too, especially if it's the first time Broly transforms. They'll pull a Golden Frieza/manga Fused Zamasu and try to hold the line while he burns himself out. If his transformation is like Kale's it'll probably be unstable and hard to control. Or they might be able to talk him down like Caulifla did to Kale twice. That could be what Cheelai does if she's important to the plot. We still don't know why Broly is angry and fighting Goku and Vegeta or why he and Paragus came to Earth.

Broly vs Gogeta or whoever will surely be the big climactic setpiece for the movie but I don't think it'll be the
'point' of the plot any more than Vegito vs Zamasu was the point of the Future Trunks arc.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:14 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:My theory is that Gogeta will be pummeling Broly for a bit, but it turns out to do more harm than good because Broly ends up getting even stronger. We then see Gogeta getting the shit kicked outta him until he eventually defuses. Broly’s now too strong to fight against and the only way to defeat him is to make him exert all his power to return him back to normal.

To do this, Goku will tap into UI (Omen or Perfected, doesn’t really matter) and baits Broly into fighting him. Goku will dodge all of Broly’s attacks but won’t fight back because he doesn’t want him to get any stronger. Goku will win by tiring Broly out and will do so without landing a single blow.
I would actually love if this were to happen. This sounds amazing

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:26 am

I really like this theory. Gives me hope for the plotline.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:57 am

They are not bringing gogeta in to have him take a beating. Gogeta wont be weaker than lss broly. At minimum id say they would be equal or gogeta having an edge.

Zelvin
Regular

Post by Zelvin » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:12 pm

Chuquita wrote:

But, as Broly gets madder, he only continues to grow in power and strength and he continues to adapt and grow. And eventually Broly begins to not just land blows, but is powering through UI Goku's defenses.

Also, Goku is more likely to tire out since UI drains him extensively and he suffered a backlash effect from using it.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:20 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:They are not bringing gogeta in to have him take a beating. Gogeta wont be weaker than lss broly. At minimum id say they would be equal or gogeta having an edge.
What makes you sure about that? With all the talk about Broli being the strongest enemy yet, i highly doubt he is going to be weaker than an already inferior metamoran fusion.

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:31 pm

*Assuming Metamoran fusion stays inferior to Potara fusion.

Toriyama has not always strictly adhered to previous established canon in DBS, after all. So if he suddenly begins treating Metamoran as the 'ultimate' form of fusion in this film, I will not at all be surprised. /shrug

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:20 pm

Chuquita wrote:

I'd sign for that as well if that would be the ending. UI after Gogeta would be rather 'unexpected'.

Zelvin
Regular

Post by Zelvin » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:40 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: I'd sign for that as well if that would be the ending. UI after Gogeta would be rather 'unexpected'.
Not really since it's the same thing they pulled with the Future Trunks arc. The only difference being that Zamasu didn't die for realsies when Trunks spirit-sworded his dick off.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:11 pm

sintzu wrote:
Exactly. They don't prioritize their hate for fusing over their lives and their loved one's lives

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:15 pm

sintzu wrote:
Just like against kid buu, huh? :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Miracles wrote:
sintzu wrote:
They found a way to beat him didn't they ? If they fuse against broly it will be a last resort after they've thrown everything they have at him.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:23 pm

sintzu wrote:
Miracles wrote:
sintzu wrote:
They found a way to beat him didn't they ? If they fuse against broly it will be a last resort after they've thrown everything they have at him.
They found a way to beat him with fusion being totally out of the question tho. They put the universe on the line due to not merging with each other. :lol:

Vados_chan
Banned

Post by Vados_chan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:30 pm

Miracles wrote:Just like against kid buu, huh? :lol:
>Fusion Reborn being shown in cinemas
>Gogeta and Broly getting new DLC characters in X2
>Goku can't use UI at will

Gogeta is happening so suck it up, or keep living in denial it's quite funny

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:04 pm

Vados_chan wrote:

:lol:

Showing Gogeta in theaters and having a new Gogeta/Broly character in a game means the movie will have fusion in it?

Ok... :lol:

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Miracles wrote:
Vados_chan wrote:

:lol:

Showing Gogeta in theaters and having a new Gogeta/Broly character in a game means the movie will have fusion in it?

Ok... :lol:
https://old.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/9 ... ng_in_the/
Read all this evidence plus the XV2 datamine. If you still think all this is a coincidence or aren’t clues then you’re in denial.

Hell, if the XV2 datamine isn’t a clue at all, explain why they are adding a new Broly and Gogeta character of all the missing characters they could add in the next pack.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"