Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DiamondX

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by DiamondX » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:28 am

I'm pretty sure Gogeta will appear in the movie because of the XV2 leak.
Xenoverse 2 only has 3 what-if transformations:
-SSJ3 Bardock who debuted in Heroes
-Final Form Mira who is not playable
-SSJ Nappa

I also doubt they would add a what-if character alongside Broly.

However, we may be wrong, but I don't really see that happening.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:50 am

There isn't even an SSB Gogeta in Heroes, as far as I know. The closest thing we have is that Goku/audience fusion from the Real 4D experience.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that that character is Gogeta since it has two Gogeta-exclusive moves (Super Mad Dance and Vanisher Guard) and SSB Goku's Super God Fist alongside Galick Gun in variant 2. Baggie's found that some of the new character mystery figures are listed as A and B versions which likely means two different forms that are repaints like SS and SSB Goku. With Super God Fist being one of the moves and only one of those figures slated for international release, I'd say we're going to see SSB Gogeta with base or Super Gogeta being the variant.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:00 am

PFM18 wrote: If the Buu arc were aired week to week for the first time today people would go nuts.....
Buu arc is nothing. The battle against Freeza on Namek airing on a weekly basis nowadays would be decimated.
At least with Universe Survival arc, there are a lot of characters and different fights happening at the same time. We don't have the main cast fighting the same guy for 20+ episodes.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:22 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
PFM18 wrote: If the Buu arc were aired week to week for the first time today people would go nuts.....
Buu arc is nothing. The battle against Freeza on Namek airing on a weekly basis nowadays would be decimated.
At least with Universe Survival arc, there are a lot of characters and different fights happening at the same time. We don't have the main cast fighting the same guy for 20+ episodes.
Yeah that would be absolutely brutal. I just figured the Buu arc was a good example given the excruciating length with not a whole lot changing thematically

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:11 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:There isn't even an SSB Gogeta in Heroes, as far as I know. The closest thing we have is that Goku/audience fusion from the Real 4D experience.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that that character is Gogeta since it has two Gogeta-exclusive moves (Super Mad Dance and Vanisher Guard) and SSB Goku's Super God Fist alongside Galick Gun in variant 2. Baggie's found that some of the new character mystery figures are listed as A and B versions which likely means two different forms that are repaints like SS and SSB Goku. With Super God Fist being one of the moves and only one of those figures slated for international release, I'd say we're going to see SSB Gogeta with base or Super Gogeta being the variant.
Well whoever was in charge of labelling the Bandai gashapons just gave the game away they've labelled two movie characters as "A1 & A2" rather than "A & B" like what Bandai Spirits and Bandai Candy been labelling... That definitely implies now one character two forms.

It's actually the opposite of UI, Bandai labelled it as Son Goku (???) meanwhile Banpresto were the ones who gave it away by labelling it as "New form Son Goku" lol.

I think we'll be seeing Gogeta Red & Blue.
With Vegetto's DBS design basically being the same as is they could away with re using Vegetto Blue moulds as Super Vegetto (off the top of my head I think there's only ever been two Vegetto Blue's releases that didn't have their moulds re used for a Super Vegetto) but if Gogeta has a redesign they can't get away with that for him!

I still can't get over that Broly, Gogeta, Freeza & potentially Bardock will all be in a DB movie headed and written by Toriyama! DB doesn't have to ever come back they could live off this movie forever!

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:14 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:
YUP. Extreme denial. You cant even come up with a believable, or even mediocre reason as to why all the evidence i just linked to you isn’t legit. Your counters against the Gogeta in XV2 evidence is especially bad. Its almost as if you’re trolling.
The repeated laughing emoticons in every post are making it seem that way.

Get ready for sparkling stardust of doom.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:25 pm

Zelvin wrote:
Mister_Popo wrote: I'd sign for that as well if that would be the ending. UI after Gogeta would be rather 'unexpected'.
Not really since it's the same thing they pulled with the Future Trunks arc. The only difference being that Zamasu didn't die for realsies when Trunks spirit-sworded his dick off.

Spirit-sword Trunks and UI are completely different things.

I have only stated, if we get UI after something else like Gogeta, it would be a less expectable scenario compared to UI following casual Blue, because people would think the deus ex machina is Gogeta, not UI, and would less expect that it would still show up.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:22 pm

Ya know this whole thing about Gogeta could be a clever diversion and they planted that there expecting data miners to find it. There were those fake spoilers of the ending of the ToP that seemingly came from an official source, and so when the actual ending happened it was extremely surprising for everyone involved.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:21 pm

PFM18 wrote:Ya know this whole thing about Gogeta could be a clever diversion and they planted that there expecting data miners to find it. There were those fake spoilers of the ending of the ToP that seemingly came from an official source, and so when the actual ending happened it was extremely surprising for everyone involved.
I'm guessing UI will show up still, it would be unexpected when there is all this Gogeta hype.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:48 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Miracles wrote:
sintzu wrote:
They probably like living so having to pick between dying and fusing won't be a hard choice.
Just like against kid buu, huh? :lol:
Buu arc Vegeta was a moron. This iteration makes more sense than that.

They don't like fusing but they will do it if they absolutely have to and it certainly appears that this is the case here.
Shaddy wrote:If he doesn't die I want him to meet kale. It'd be so dumb but I'd love it.
He will settle down with Kale and have a child and that will set up the next series. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bra, Pan, Uub and (insert vegetable pun here for Broly/Kale's kid) will be the next generation!
Buu arc Vegeta's strategy was the reason why they beat Kid Buu in the end. Remember, Goku didn't want to fuse against Kid Buu either and even broke the potara earings.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

MKCSTEALTH
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MKCSTEALTH » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:09 pm

If this Gogeta leak turns out to be true, this is what I imagine happening

Vegeta and Goku try to fight Broly one on one and get stomped. Vegeta will say something like "I wish we had Potara. We might stand a chance" only for Goku to say "wait! There's another way! The fusion dance!"

Then Piccolo, who seemingly has a big role with the publicity he's gotten, is going to attempt to distract Broly while the fusion dance happens.

Then, enter Gogeta Blue. We'll probably get an insert song at this point as the two fight and Gogeta is seemingly enough to turn the tide. But, just as the fusion time runs out due to the power of SSB, Broly unleashes his Berserk form. We get Goku in the trailer standing against his explosive power, and Full Power Broly begins wailing on a weakened Goku. Suddenly...

*Cues The Final Death Match*

Starting in Omen, his UI power breaks through and we get Mastered UI Goku, who begins dominating Broly. Broly tries to keep powering up to no avail. Finally it's too much, and Broly's overwhelming power leads to his demise.

OR

MUI Goku beats him into submission and Broly lives to see the anime continuation

My predictions have been notoriously awful, but my point in all this is that it's entirely plausible and possible to get BOTH Ultra Instinct and Gogeta Blue. I doubt a UI Gogeta will happen though

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:13 pm

PFM18 wrote:Ya know this whole thing about Gogeta could be a clever diversion and they planted that there expecting data miners to find it. There were those fake spoilers of the ending of the ToP that seemingly came from an official source, and so when the actual ending happened it was extremely surprising for everyone involved.
I'm just going to force myself to believe this until the movie actually comes out.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:26 pm

MKCSTEALTH wrote:Gogeta is seemingly enough to turn the tide But, just as the fusion time runs out due to the power of SSB, Broly unleashes his Berserk form. We get Goku in the trailer standing against his explosive power, and Full Power Broly begins wailing on a weakened Goku. Suddenly his UI power breaks through and we get Mastered UI Goku.
I think that last scene in the trailer is when Goku and Vegeta decide the fuse, not before as it makes more sense for Gogeta to fight Broly at his strongest while Goku, Vegeta and maybe Freeza fight him together in his base and normal Ssj form.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:31 pm

Miracles wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Miracles wrote: Bandai? Come on...This isn't confirmation of anything.
If all these signs aren't enough to convince you of the possibility of him showing up then I think you're just in denial about it.
No denial just factual. A game has no bearing on the film.
But the film has bearing on a game. You are looking at this film as an isolated event but DB has evolved now where this film will impact all other parts of DB just not only itself.

I guess the best way to describe what I am saying is the reveal of Ultra Instinct back in February. We didn't just get the anime design reveal for the show but merchandise was unveiled, video game DLC for XV2, SDBH cards etc. UI Goku didn't just affect the main DBS series but all these other things. And if people had actually been following the clues from those other things prior then months before reveal it would have been obvious UI "Omen" wasn't the final version with the most logical conclusion being UI was gonna be silver.

BoG didn't start to really get merchandise until 2014, but for this movie in 2018 DB is getting the most merchandise in a single month it's ever had for something just shows how far DB has come in little over half a decade. Other parts or DB will now what to sync with whatever the main series is doing and as a result spoilers will leak and clues will be left.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:45 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Miracles wrote:
sintzu wrote:
If all these signs aren't enough to convince you of the possibility of him showing up then I think you're just in denial about it.
No denial just factual. A game has no bearing on the film.
But the film has bearing on a game. You are looking at this film as an isolated event but DB has evolved now where this film will impact all other parts of DB just not only itself.

I guess the best way to describe what I am saying is the reveal of Ultra Instinct back in February. We didn't just get the anime design reveal for the show but merchandise was unveiled, video game DLC for XV2, SDBH cards etc. UI Goku didn't just affect the main DBS series but all these other things. And if people had actually been following the clues from those other things prior then months before reveal it would have been obvious UI "Omen" wasn't the final version with the most logical conclusion being UI was gonna be silver.

BoG didn't start to really get merchandise until 2014, but for this movie in 2018 DB is getting the most merchandise in a single month it's ever had for something just shows how far DB has come in little over half a decade. Other parts or DB will now what to sync with whatever the main series is doing and as a result spoilers will leak and clues will be left.
You're correct in stating that the film does have a bearing on the game. Only as far as taking forms from the movie and the game implementing them.
Yes, the whole franchise is impacted by the movie. However the movie's plots are motivated solely within itself. Then the rest of the franchise follows.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:53 pm

I have no problem with Gogeta in the movie. I really would just want this theme to come back (which it does not anyway):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODCAUHU1DmE
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:01 pm

Just a toss out theory here, anyone else think that Broly is going to be revealed as a genetically mutated Saiyan by Paragus in the attempt to recreate the Ancient Saiyan's (or the Super Saiyan) traits to overthrow King Vegeta and Freeza? Then they were caught and banished by King Vegeta? Broly has a base angered state just like other ancient Saiyan's Cumber and Shallot though he is obviously from modern times. Perhaps Toriyama took inspiration from all 3 Broly movies including Bio-Broly?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Xeztin wrote:Just a toss out theory here, anyone else think that Broly is going to be revealed as a genetically mutated Saiyan by Paragus in the attempt to recreate the Ancient Saiyan's (or the Super Saiyan) traits to overthrow King Vegeta and Freeza? Then they were caught and banished by King Vegeta? Broly has a base angered state just like other ancient Saiyan's Cumber and Shallot though he is obviously from modern times. Perhaps Toriyama took inspiration from all 3 Broly movies including Bio-Broly?
I really hope not. I am NOT a fan of that theory at all.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:12 pm

Xeztin wrote:Just a toss out theory here, anyone else think that Broly is going to be revealed as a genetically mutated Saiyan by Paragus in the attempt to recreate the Ancient Saiyan's (or the Super Saiyan) traits to overthrow King Vegeta and Freeza? Then they were caught and banished by King Vegeta? Broly has a base angered state just like other ancient Saiyan's Cumber and Shallot though he is obviously from modern times. Perhaps Toriyama took inspiration from all 3 Broly movies including Bio-Broly?
At this point, anything goes!

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:17 pm

Xeztin wrote:Perhaps Toriyama took inspiration from all 3 Broly movies including Bio-Broly?
That would just be stupid and disappointing