Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Bullza » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:33 am

You know aside from them fighting Broly I have no idea what the actual story of this movie is meant to be.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:43 am

Lord Frieza wrote:On the subject of fusion, I don't think Super's Goku and Vegeta would find it that hard to do.

The Metamoran Fusion is not just about doing the dance, thats actually the easy part. It's about knowing your fusion partner, knowing how they move, moving with them in equal step and keeping your powers in tune with and at the same level as eachother. In Z and GT Goku and Vegeta do no spend a lot of time together, and while they know eachother pretty well and can do all this stuff pretty naturally they can still mess up as with Movie 12. In GT they already knew how to get it right but didn't know about the time limit being reduced.

The pair in Super have spent the last few years of their life training together with Whis pretty often and have worked well as a pair on multiple occasions, all be it not always perfectly as with Jiren. They are also know aware befor hand that SSB is going to pretty heavily affect their fusion time limit thanks to their battle with Zamasu.

I think if Gogeta is in, the pair are actually in a pretty good position to pull off the fusion first try and not let it go to waste after.
I'm still not convinced about fusion but it would be cool to see.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:47 am

ZeroNeonix wrote:Agreed. Just look at how many times characters fight in space no problem. The only time not being able to breathe in space is important is when the plot demands it, like with Frieza on Namek. Likewise, time constraints won't equate to time on screen and may not even be acknowledged unless it serves the plot.
The Beerus fight was in the stratosphere and the other cases were filler.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:51 am

majinwarman wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:On the subject of fusion, I don't think Super's Goku and Vegeta would find it that hard to do.

The Metamoran Fusion is not just about doing the dance, thats actually the easy part. It's about knowing your fusion partner, knowing how they move, moving with them in equal step and keeping your powers in tune with and at the same level as eachother. In Z and GT Goku and Vegeta do no spend a lot of time together, and while they know eachother pretty well and can do all this stuff pretty naturally they can still mess up as with Movie 12. In GT they already knew how to get it right but didn't know about the time limit being reduced.

The pair in Super have spent the last few years of their life training together with Whis pretty often and have worked well as a pair on multiple occasions, all be it not always perfectly as with Jiren. They are also know aware befor hand that SSB is going to pretty heavily affect their fusion time limit thanks to their battle with Zamasu.

I think if Gogeta is in, the pair are actually in a pretty good position to pull off the fusion first try and not let it go to waste after.
On a note however SSJB affects the Potara fusion, something that was meant for Supreme Kai’s only. It was never meant to be used on any other mortals which already affects the time limit itself. Looking at it from an authors stand point, the hour time limit was just an excuse to bring back the character without keeping him there forever. Gogeta already has a 30 minute time limit and we are not for sure but I highly doubt SSJB will affect Gogeta as he is already guarenteed to not be a permanant fusion anyways. Plus the fusion is meant for mortals. Gogeta was already nerfed compared to Vegito pre-Super because of the time limit alone. SSJ3 didn’t affect Gotenks which is a completey different world than Blue but I think it will be the same principle.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:13 pm

Bullza wrote:You know aside from them fighting Broly I have no idea what the actual story of this movie is meant to be.
Same. My thought is it'll just be a remixed Movie 8 + Gogeta with flashbacks to Minus, but I hope that's not the case. I hope it's something fresher than that.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:17 pm

Bullza wrote:You know aside from them fighting Broly I have no idea what the actual story of this movie is meant to be.
The re-introduction/canonization of Broly so he'll survive a clash with the top dogs and will from now on be milked for merchandise by showing up in future stories.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:08 pm

Xeztin wrote:On a note however SSJB affects the Potara fusion, something that was meant for Supreme Kai’s only. It was never meant to be used on any other mortals which already affects the time limit itself. Looking at it from an authors stand point, the hour time limit was just an excuse to bring back the character without keeping him there forever. Gogeta already has a 30 minute time limit and we are not for sure but I highly doubt SSJB will affect Gogeta as he is already guarenteed to not be a permanant fusion anyways. Plus the fusion is meant for mortals. Gogeta was already nerfed compared to Vegito pre-Super because of the time limit alone. SSJ3 didn’t affect Gotenks which is a completey different world than Blue but I think it will be the same principle.
SS3 did affect Gotenks' fusion time limit, though. It cut their fusion time in half. It seems that transformations in general shorten fusions, or at least any beyond the first level of Super Saiyan.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:14 pm

Xeztin wrote:
majinwarman wrote:

On a note however SSJB affects the Potara fusion, something that was meant for Supreme Kai’s only. It was never meant to be used on any other mortals which already affects the time limit itself. Looking at it from an authors stand point, the hour time limit was just an excuse to bring back the character without keeping him there forever. Gogeta already has a 30 minute time limit and we are not for sure but I highly doubt SSJB will affect Gogeta as he is already guarenteed to not be a permanant fusion anyways. Plus the fusion is meant for mortals. Gogeta was already nerfed compared to Vegito pre-Super because of the time limit alone. SSJ3 didn’t affect Gotenks which is a completey different world than Blue but I think it will be the same principle.
I thought Gotenk's time was reduced to 5 minutes when using 3?

On this note, the fact that the Fusion Dance takes time and effort to learn plus it's time limit and cool down are reasons I like it more. It's not as game breaking as Potara has the potential to be even with Blue shortening it. Another possibility is that God Ki may affect the fusion differently then it dose the Potara one but thats pure speculation.

Gogeta dose have something over Vegito to even it out. Looking back on it, every other fusion (Gotenks, Zamasu, Kafla) were all highly creative and developed new attacks. This makes them very unpredictable. Gogeta in his limited time during Movie 12 displays this to and even in GT he dose show some creativity. Vegito interestingly dose not show this much at all, in his original apperances he only displayed one new attack, his ki blade, and it was not until Super that he used as Final Kamehameha. All his other attack on screen and in video games are all actually generic, finger ki beams and ki punchs are not exactly ground breaking.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:22 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:I thought Gotenk's time was reduced to 5 minutes when using 3?

On this note, the fact that the Fusion Dance takes time and effort to learn plus it's time limit and coo down are reasons I like it more. It's not as game breaking as Potara has the potential to be even with Blue shortening it. Another possibility is that God Ki may affect the fusion differently then it dose the Potara one but thats pure speculation.

Gogeta dose have something over Vegito to even it out. Looking back on it, every other fusion (Gotenks, Zamasu, Kafla) were all highly creative and developed new attacks. This makes them very unpredictable. Gogeta in his limited time during Movie 12 displays this to and even in GT he dose show some creativity. Vegito interestingly dose not show this much at all, in his original apperances he only displayed one new attack, his ki blade, and it was not until Super that he used as Final Kamehameha. All his other attack on screen and in video games are all actually generic, finger ki beams and ki punchs are not exactly ground breaking.
Well, part of that is probably because Vegito is so ridiculously powerful, he doesn't really feel challenged enough to take things seriously. Instead, he just plays around with his opponent, attacking mostly to humiliate his foe rather than deal a finishing blow. Against Super Buu, he didn't even want to win, but was waiting for Buu to absorb him so he could save Gohan and the others. In the fight against Fused Zamasu, he was just too arrogant and ended up losing because he didn't realize the timelimit would be shortened by their SSB transformation.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:28 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Same. My thought is it'll just be a remixed Movie 8 + Gogeta with flashbacks to Minus, but I hope that's not the case. I hope it's something fresher than that.
At least we know the plot delivers more than just "Broli vs Everyone" (which, funny enough, is how the first half the trailer makes it seem to be).

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:33 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Saiyans fight in the outer most atmosphere not in space.
Oxygen ends in the inner most atmosphere...
Are you sure? I thought there was still oxygen out in the further portions of the atmosphere.

I always assumed they could breath in the outer reaches of our atmosphere but not in actual space
U cant. Even climbing heights such as mount everest is deadly, and thats only about 25,000 ft.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:32 pm

kudo6000 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
At least we know the plot delivers more than just "Broli vs Everyone" (which, funny enough, is how the first half the trailer makes it seem to be).
I think they did that on purpose, the same with showing the mindless raging Broly despite saying he's changed. No doubt a marketing gimmick to ensure folks pre order tickets and it worked. I am sure the next trailer will be more story focused and we'll see Broly talk etc.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:26 pm

I'd hope so, not that the last two movies had any real story either but at least this time it would be nice if there was something of actual interest going on outside of the fighting.

All Battle of Gods had was just filler antics and fighting. Resurrection F was just fighting. We just had the Tournament of Power and that was constant fighting.

So something interesting like the Future Trunks Saga would be nice seeing as it was the only real part of Super that actually had anything resembling a story.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:40 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Oxygen ends in the inner most atmosphere...
Are you sure? I thought there was still oxygen out in the further portions of the atmosphere.

I always assumed they could breath in the outer reaches of our atmosphere but not in actual space
U cant. Even climbing heights such as mount everest is deadly, and thats only about 25,000 ft.
Saiyans aren't humans. All we know is they can't survive in a vacuum, not that they need the same oxygen levels as humans.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:42 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

Saiyans aren't humans. All we know is they can't survive in a vacuum, not that they need the same oxygen levels as humans.
Exactly. Saiyans have different Biology than us so it is possible they can tolerate more severe oxygen deprivations

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:05 pm

Or Toriyama and TOIE just like the aesthetic of space battles and don't really care if it makes sense or not. Remember, Toriyama is the same guy who created the Super Saiyan so he could avoid inking in Goku's hair and gave Namek three suns so he wouldn't have to draw dark scenery. lol

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:14 pm

Chuquita wrote:
My thought is it'll just be a remixed Movie 8 + Gogeta with flashbacks to Minus.
You can throw in a bit of "Freeza going to earth for the 100th time for "revenge" ".
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:20 pm

Chuquita wrote:
I don't think it will be a rehash of Movie 8 but that is definitely a possibility.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:47 pm

The plot is going to make us look at what is beyond strength.
Last edited by Miracles on Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:53 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:
The re-introduction/canonization of Broly so he'll survive a clash with the top dogs and will from now on be milked for merchandise by showing up in future stories.
I take this to mean the actual plot really isn’t that important because people will lap it up on name recognition alone.

Really the only things we do know is that:

1) it’s a Dragonball movie starring Goku and co.
2)Brolys in it.

And that’s exactly how they are marketing it.