Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Chuquita » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:26 pm

3 hours is too long for me to sit no matter what the movie genre. I'd be fine with something a little under 2 hours (1 hour and 50 minutes would be more manageable for something plot heavy imo.)

I guess it does partly come down to managing your time properly, and I guess without knowing the type of content cut I can't say if it's disappointing or not that they actually had Toriyama give them this much info only to have to cut it down. He'd want to keep the gags, right? Would that mean what'd get cut would be actual plot stuff? Who knows.

Even if they do pull a re-Super I still don't expect that until next July because of the One Piece movie that's coming out next summer. I doubt they'll start in April when a lot of their guys will be tied up finishing the OP film. Even if they do rehash the movie when the series comes back like they did the last time what are the odds it'll be paced properly anyway? Remember that one episode almost entirely dedicated to Oolong's rock paper scissors thing in the series version of BOG? There were some parts of the series version I enjoyed (the princess catch in episode 14 was top-tier best surprise imo), but there's so much up in the air right now.

I guess I'll wait for NYCC and hope we get a new trailer there that explains the movie a bit more than BROLLI SMASH. These bits about Chelye and Lemo are at least kind of encouraging.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:16 am

Just went and looked at the New York Comic Con Broly panel and it mentions that they'll reveal "never-before-seen announcements". I hope they reveal the second trailer there and we don't have to wait for Jump Anime Festa to reveal something, which is all the way in late November. Doesn't make much sense to reveal the second trailer only a few weeks before the film comes out. Do they usually reveal trailers at New York Comic Con? I know dropping a trailer at San Diego Comic Con is a common thing, but I'm not too sure if they do it for New York as well.

The whole promo lead up to this film is kinda confusing. It's not like with BoG and 'F' where we got the first trailer four months before the film comes out and the second one two months before. With that logic, the first trailer for Broly would've released last month and we'd be getting the second trailer next month. I'm guessing that since Toei's vision for the film's success isn't just primarily focused on Japan this time around, they've decided to change up the marketing just for this film. So if we do end up getting a trailer in late November, then I'm expecting it to already be dubbed in English. There's gotta be something else coming out sooner than that for the folks at Japan, though. We'll see how this all folds out.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:42 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Ultra Instinct Goku >>> SSJ Blue Gogeta.

Why do people prefer Gogeta again???
Ultra Instinct is.only stronger than Vegito from when he fought Merged Zamasu.

A Gogeta now would be a fusion of two boarder line God.of destruction level people.
There is no evidence that a current Fusion between Goku and Vegeta boosts more power than Mastered Ultra Instinct. And if it does provide slightly more power, it won’t be enough to compensate for it against Ultra Instinct’s insane striking power and dodging speed.
There is also no evidence that completed UI Goku is stronger than a broky movie fusion. All we know is that UI Goku surpassed the previous fusion Vegito.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:12 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Ultra Instinct is.only stronger than Vegito from when he fought Merged Zamasu.

A Gogeta now would be a fusion of two boarder line God.of destruction level people.
There is no evidence that a current Fusion between Goku and Vegeta boosts more power than Mastered Ultra Instinct. And if it does provide slightly more power, it won’t be enough to compensate for it against Ultra Instinct’s insane striking power and dodging speed.
There is also no evidence that completed UI Goku is stronger than a broky movie fusion. All we know is that UI Goku surpassed the previous fusion Vegito.
There is more evidence pointing towards Ultra Instinct Goku being able to actually WIN in a fight than a SSJ Blue Fusion yes. It’s called reason and logic. And any fan who uses it will come to that same conclusion. MUI Goku absolutely STOMPS Vegito or Gogeta Blue. That is all i’m going to say for now. This discussion is over since it’s off-topic anyway.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:04 am

Michsi wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Tomokazu Sugita is one of the male voice actors I wanted to see the most in Dragon Ball. Good t see it's finally happening, even though it's a waste he will be just another Freeza soldier. Anyway I guess he's glad, since he's a DB fan.
Kinda have the feeling Lemo and Cheerai (is there a consensus on how her name is romanized ?) will be far more important than the promo makes it seem. Lemo especially seems like a character Toriyama would like and make more sympathetic. I kind of expect him to be a lot like Mr. Satan, albeit a little more meek and downtrodden, given what his status is.
Well at least after reading the voice actor comments, I'm sure Chelye and Lemo will be better characters than any Freeza's soldier in ROF.
They seem to be a fun duo and I'm curious to see how they will interact with Broly.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:09 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Well at least after reading the voice actor comments, I'm sure Chelye and Lemo will be better characters than any Freeza's soldier in ROF.
One can argue that the only "developed" (character-wise) canonical Frieza lackey henchman we have ever seen was Appule.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:31 am

Green_Goblin wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Well at least after reading the voice actor comments, I'm sure Chelye and Lemo will be better characters than any Freeza's soldier in ROF.
One can argue that the only "developed" (character-wise) canonical Frieza lackey henchman we have ever seen was Appule.
What would that argument look like?

BrolySSJL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BrolySSJL » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:31 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: There is no evidence that a current Fusion between Goku and Vegeta boosts more power than Mastered Ultra Instinct. And if it does provide slightly more power, it won’t be enough to compensate for it against Ultra Instinct’s insane striking power and dodging speed.
There is more evidence pointing towards Ultra Instinct Goku being able to actually WIN in a fight than a SSJ Blue Fusion yes. It’s called reason and logic. And any fan who uses it will come to that same conclusion. MUI Goku absolutely STOMPS Vegito or Gogeta Blue. That is all i’m going to say for now. This discussion is over since it’s off-topic anyway.
It's a joke, right?

Was Goku SSJ3 stronger than Vegito SSJ? Goku will NEVER be more powerful than Vegito or Gogeta.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:36 am

BrolySSJL wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
It's a joke, right?

Was Goku SSJ3 stronger than Vegito SSJ? Goku will NEVER be more powerful than Vegito or Gogeta.
So he is weaker than Buu Saga Super Vegito currently?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:43 am

I'm so impressed they got Umakoshi! That's really cool!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:01 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm so impressed they got Umakoshi! That's really cool!
Who? Is this a late addition?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:03 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
BrolySSJL wrote:It's a joke, right?

I think they meant in the present sense. Goku can't surpass 'current' Vegito or Gogeta because their strength and abilities scale up with his. That's one of the problems with Fusions. If Goku masters Ultra Instinct to the point he can use it freely, that would just pass on to Vegito/Gogeta in the event of a fusion.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Someone pick up the phone, because I’ve been fuckin calling that shit for months!

[spoiler]https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/1040244087717289989[/spoiler]
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:42 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Someone pick up the phone, because I’ve been fuckin calling that shit for months!

[spoiler]https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/1040244087717289989[/spoiler]
We already had somewhat of a confirmation with a silhouette of Gogeta as a banner
BlueBasilisk wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
BrolySSJL wrote:It's a joke, right?Was Goku SSJ3 stronger than Vegito SSJ? Goku will NEVER be more powerful than Vegito or Gogeta.
I think they meant in the present sense. Goku can't surpass 'current' Vegito or Gogeta because their strength and abilities scale up with his. That's one of the problems with Fusions. If Goku masters Ultra Instinct to the point he can use it freely, that would just pass on to Vegito/Gogeta in the event of a fusion.
I just made a joke

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:43 pm

GOGETA BLUE!

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:44 pm

Hahaha. What does merch have to do with the movie? Just because they're making Gogeta stuff doesn't mean he's in the movie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, who cares what the animators say? Just because they're drawing someone doesn't mean it will be in the movie :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys are reaching.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:52 pm

Draconic wrote:Hahaha. What does merch have to do with the movie? Just because they're making Gogeta stuff doesn't mean he's in the movie :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, who cares what the animators say? Just because they're drawing someone doesn't mean it will be in the movie :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys are reaching.
I think you're just in denial about it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:52 pm

Draconic wrote:Hahaha. What does merch have to do with the movie? Just because they're making Gogeta stuff doesn't mean he's in the movie :lol: :lol: :lol:

You guys are reaching.
Can’t tell if you’re being serious or if you’re just mocking the people against the Gogeta evidence who said all that silly shit.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:58 pm

Let's just hopes this will actually be a fight though, i'm sick and tired of last 30 second stomp/oneshots

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:00 pm

sintzu wrote:

You guys are reaching.
I think you're just in denial about it.
You'd think I would realize that.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW