Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:01 pm

As someone who was sceptical himself, I've seen enough evidence to convince me that Gogeta is likely going to be in the film.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:As someone who was sceptical himself, I've seen enough evidence to convince me that Gogeta is likely going to be in the film.
We live in a time where Broly is "canon" so why is Gogeta of all characters so far of a reach for some to accept ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:16 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Someone pick up the phone, because I’ve been fuckin calling that shit for months!

[spoiler]https://twitter.com/Terez27/status/1040244087717289989[/spoiler]
We already had somewhat of a confirmation with a silhouette of Gogeta as a banner
BlueBasilisk wrote:
CTAkuma wrote: So he is weaker than Buu Saga Super Vegito currently?
I think they meant in the present sense. Goku can't surpass 'current' Vegito or Gogeta because their strength and abilities scale up with his. That's one of the problems with Fusions. If Goku masters Ultra Instinct to the point he can use it freely, that would just pass on to Vegito/Gogeta in the event of a fusion.
I just made a joke
That looks more like Vegito to me.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Simere wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Well at least after reading the voice actor comments, I'm sure Chelye and Lemo will be better characters than any Freeza's soldier in ROF.
One can argue that the only "developed" (character-wise) canonical Frieza lackey henchman we have ever seen was Appule.
What would that argument look like?
I'll put this argument in a logical manner.
All other Frieza Soldiers = no character, just common/expendable lackies with no lines. {value=null}
Appule = We get to see his interactions with Zarbon and Vegeta. {value=something somewhat above 'null'}

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:20 pm

Miracles wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm so impressed they got Umakoshi! That's really cool!
Who? Is this a late addition?
Character designer on MHA. He's done work going back into the 90's. Prolific animator.
http://animatorscorner.com/staff_profile/1746
https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=y ... o_umakoshi
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Geez, I WAS joking guys. I thought 6 laughing faces was more than obvious. I was taking a jab at Miracles (all in good fun, hope he doesn't take it any other way).
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:25 pm

sintzu wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:As someone who was sceptical himself, I've seen enough evidence to convince me that Gogeta is likely going to be in the film.
We live in a time where Broly is "canon" so why is Gogeta of all characters so far of a reach for some to accept ?
I cannot speak for anyone else but for me their just wasn't anything to make me even think that he was in. People started speculating about it when Movie 12 was being re-released along side Broly's movie and Bardock's special. that on it's own was not enough, it could just have been away to make a little extra on the side. Thats not to say Gogeta could not turn up here or later, being the product of the in series fusion dance he's bar far the easiest out of any character to bring in. But I wanted more.

But with stuff such as the silhouette on the banner, the data mine of Xenoverse which has been consistently very reliable and now this animator's statement, I've seen more then enough to convince me. Tis is not like when Frieza came back for the ToP and we only had someone's lucky guess to go off of until the official press stuff came out. We've got multiple hint from legitimate sources.
Draconic wrote:Geez, I WAS joking guys. I thought 6 laughing faces was more than obvious. I was taking a jab at Miracles (all in good fun, hope he doesn't take it any other way).
Then Sir/Madam/Invertebrate I owe you an apology. Sorry.

I'll edit my last post.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:29 pm

It would be hilarious if Goku and Vegeta doing the fusion dance just yielded Vegito in Metamoran clothing, but let's be real, they wouldn't do that. If there's a fusion dance it'll be Gogeta. Though I wonder if his vest will be orange or yellow... :think:
Draconic wrote:Geez, I WAS joking guys. I thought 6 laughing faces was more than obvious. I was taking a jab at Miracles (all in good fun, hope he doesn't take it any other way).
Apparently Poe's Law is in effect here. :lol:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:33 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:It would be hilarious if Goku and Vegeta doing the fusion dance just yielded Vegito in Metamoran clothing, but let's be real, they wouldn't do that. If there's a fusion dance it'll be Gogeta. Though I wonder if his vest will be orange or yellow... :think:
If they did that it would be one of the greatest troll moments in dragon ball. :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:37 pm

Draconic wrote:Geez, I WAS joking guys.
Sorry. :oops: :shifty:
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:39 pm

I'm curious to see just what will become of Gogeta Blue.

I mean, his appearance seems to be only for fanservice; he's an inferior fusion method against a superior opponent.

I'll wait and see just what becoimes of him.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:48 pm

I am incredibly excited about the addition of Yoshihiko Umakoshi to the animation team for the Super movie. He's incredibly talented at hand-to-hand combat.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Green_Goblin wrote:
Simere wrote:
Green_Goblin wrote: One can argue that the only "developed" (character-wise) canonical Frieza lackey henchman we have ever seen was Appule.
What would that argument look like?
I'll put this argument in a logical manner.
All other Frieza Soldiers = no character, just common/expendable lackies with no lines. {value=null}
Appule = We get to see his interactions with Zarbon and Vegeta. {value=something somewhat above 'null'}
Seems like Zarbon himself should count.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:01 pm

Just to play devil's advocate (not really, but... you know what I mean) for a moment, isn't there a possibility that Umakoshi is merely practicing Gogeta because he's working on the remaster of Fusion Reborn?
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Cold Skin
I Live Here

Post by Cold Skin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:15 pm

Whether it's Gogeta or Vegetto, there's gotta be a fusion since the unknown character has both Goku and Vegeta's attacks.
But the thing is that in the list of attacks, there's also something called "Vanisher Guard" for defense.

So it would be a form that has a defense that makes you seem like you vanish given how perfect your evasive skills are.
Now think: what form gives perfect evasive moves?
You people think a lot of Blue, but you might be forgetting the possibilities of Ultra Instinct Vegetto and Ultra Instinct Gogeta.

But then there's the "Super God Fist" attack and it's true that God relates more to God and Blue than to Ultra Instinct.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Whether it's Gogeta or Vegetto, there's gotta be a fusion since the unknown character has both Goku and Vegeta's attacks.
But the thing is that in the list of attacks, there's also something called "Vanisher Guard" for defense.

So it would be a form that has a defense that makes you seem like you vanish given how perfect your evasive skills are.
You people think a lot of Blue, but you might be forgetting the possibilities of Ultra Instinct Vegetto and Ultra Instinct Gogeta.

But then there's the "Super God Fist" attack and it's true that God relates more to God and Blue than to Ultra Instinct.
He has both Blue and Ultra instinct maybe? If its just Blue then it would be incredibly disappointing since its just a repeat of Vegito with 1 or 2 new moves

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:20 pm

Cold Skin wrote:Whether it's Gogeta or Vegetto, there's gotta be a fusion since the unknown character has both Goku and Vegeta's attacks.

Vanisher Guard.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Vanisher guard is ssj4 gogetas move...

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:25 pm

I'd just like Gogeta to finish the deal in this movie and not be a gimmick at this point like Vegetto is...

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:42 pm

TheShadowEmperor8055 wrote:I'd just like Gogeta to finish the deal in this movie and not be a gimmick at this point like Vegetto is...
Why exactly is it important that Gogeta wins or "finishes the deal"? People do not like characters because of their win/loss ratio. I would rather Broli be defeated through plot reasons and not another powerup