Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:11 pm

In regards of Cheyle (Hope i spelled that right), I do believe that she is gonna be a fan favorite character. So long as she survives the movie. I can´t see them getting rid of a character like this unless its for a infinity war style ¨Lemo I don´t feel so good¨ heart wrenching death scene, which would be a very ¨Tagoma¨ Way to introduce then kill a compelling character.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:48 pm

I don't agree with full-CG anime, but I hope that alternate dimension scene is awesome.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:55 pm

I could see a scene where Chelye and Lemo try to talk Brolli back down, but I'm not sure if I could see them being successful. I do however think it's possible that the film could end with them forming their own space pirate team and leaving Earth to go on a journey together as friends. Alternately, Lemo dies tragically and the same thing happens with Brolli becoming the space!Clyde to Chelye's space!Bonnie. They run off to be space pirates together; free from Freeza and Paragas.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:21 pm

I agree with this.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:47 pm

kudo6000 wrote:I agree with this.
That sounds about right.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:00 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:Oh, I really hope they don't retell this story in Super. Both Battle of Gods and Resurrection of F were better in movie form, and the slight changes made for canon were not worth the viewing experience. If the movie even has any lasting effects than carry over to the show (which it might not), they can just have a flashback to briefly explain what happened, then move on with their original stories. Too much time in Super has already been wasted on retelling the stories of the movies. After that, we only got one original arc (Zamasu's arc), and two tournaments.
I hope they don´t do it, But lets be honest. They are probably gonna do it. Its gonna be a real detriment to the franchise if when super returns all its gonna be is a retelling of a movie everyone has most likely already seen. Its not gonna be the best way to re-introduce the show
I would love if they just have Goku tell the audience to go watch the movie when Super return like how My Hero had Deku and All Z Might do that.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:32 pm

There’s no need to spoiler tag things on Kanzenshuu as far as i’m aware guys. This is a thread where spoilers are expected. If people don’t want to be spoiled than they shouldn’t click on this thread in the first place.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:35 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:There’s no need to spoiler tag things on Kanzenshuu as far as i’m aware guys. This is a thread where spoilers are expected. If people don’t want to be spoiled than they shouldn’t click on this thread in the first place.
Some people put longer posts or images in spoiler tags out of courtesy and for ease of browsing. It's especially helpful for mobile users.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:19 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:There’s no need to spoiler tag things on Kanzenshuu as far as i’m aware guys. This is a thread where spoilers are expected. If people don’t want to be spoiled than they shouldn’t click on this thread in the first place.
Some people put longer posts or images in spoiler tags out of courtesy and for ease of browsing. It's especially helpful for mobile users.
That is all they are good for as far as I can see.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
That is all they are good for as far as I can see.
I’m pretty sure we are still expected to use spoiler tags in case we want to discuss the movie once in comes out in Japan but not everywhere else.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:23 pm

I'm totally behind the whole Broly being a genetically modified Saiyan. Paragus also kinda looks like a scientist when he's in the Freeza Force gear. One of my theories is that back on Planet Vegeta, Paragus would extract the S-Cells from low-level baby Saiyans because they were seen as useless for even infiltration missions. This movie's about the paths of destiny that leads to Goku and Vegeta fighting Broly, so I think it would be cool if Goku was originally going to be used to make Broly stronger through his S-Cells when they were little, but Bardock stops Paragus from letting that happen. It ends up being one of the reasons why Bardock sends Goku away to Earth.

I'm just gonna go ahead and talk about some of my thoughts and theories about the movie as of right now. I'm still thinking about how Vegeta's tied into all of this. I hope it's more than just "You're the son of King Vegeta, therefore I hate you cause I hated your dad." We don't see enough of kid Vegeta involved in something, so I hope the film shows him in some flashbacks.

I think my biggest fear going into this film is that Broly will be a mute. At the very least, I'm expecting him to talk when he isn't being controlled/overwhelmed by his own power. I'm also expecting that Broly is a character that we end up sympathising with. He could be a character that hates being so strong, which will serve as a kind of wake up call for Goku that what he's after might not be what he actually wants.

Another theme of the film is 'What lies beyond strength?' This is interesting, because Jiren said he was searching beyond strength back in the Tournament of Power. It's the tagline for the film, so I'm really intrigued what the answer will end up being. The trailer was referring specifically to the Saiyans, so maybe that Jiren example won't mean much. We'll see what ends up happening.

This movie has a lot going for it. I'm just hoping that the fanservice shown off is done so in a believable way through the story. I'm sure Gogeta appearing will be hype as fuck, but Toriyama has to find a believable way for Goku and Vegeta to be fusing again. Really looking forward to when the film comes out. Probably my most anticipated movie for the next few months. The only other film that comes close to matching the excitement I have towards this movie is that animated Spider-Man film coming out soon.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:02 pm

On the whole Chelye (really just want to call her Chili) talking Broly down, I have a feeling we may be seeing some BrolyxChelye ships out of that before long.

Actually, kind of surprised it hasn't caught on yet. All that said, it is kind of cool to see that not all of the Freeza Force are evil jerks. Chelye is just a thief that joined without thinking and Lemo probably joined thinking the Force was a way to help keep the peace.

And the whole "What lies beyond that strength?" part. Very intriguing. As the original Broly was literally defined by his brute power. I don't think this Broly will be a mute in that he is unable to actually speak, but more like a functional mute where he just doesn't like to say much. Think Master Chief from the Halo franchise for example.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:05 am

I'm a lot late to the party so anyone could show me what's the major evidence that confirms Gogeta in this movie?

Anyway I have nothing against it, just that is so damn predictable, I mean people figure it out a couple of months ago.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:32 am

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
kudo6000 wrote:I agree with this.
That sounds about right.
Given what we've had to witness the past couple years, I wouldn't put it past Toriyama and Toei to pull something like this.

And I'm certain they know the fanbase is expecting Gogeta, so I expect a twist surrounding him granted he appears.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:00 am

Noah wrote:I'm a lot late to the party so anyone could show me what's the major evidence that confirms Gogeta in this movie?

Anyway I have nothing against it, just that is so damn predictable, I mean people figure it out a couple of months ago.
The biggest one is a datamine for Xenoverse 2's next DLC pack which comes out some time this winter. It has incomplete move data for two new characters. One of them is definitely Broly, as it has Gigantic Meteor as an ultimate attack. The other one has two different variants, and between them it has Kamehameha, Galick Gun, Super God Fist (an SSB Goku move), Vanisher Guard and Super Mad Dance which are both Gogeta-exclusive moves. Both the movie 12 and SS4 versions of him are already in the game so it'd have to be something new.

There's also this: https://www.reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/9 ... the_movie/

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:13 am

No V Jump leaks yet?? Any?? It’s already the 18th now, so they’re late.

Yes, i am aware that it comes out officially on the 21st. In case anyone feels the need to point this out.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:22 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:No V Jump leaks yet?? Any?? It’s already the 18th now, so they’re late.

Yes, i am aware that it comes out officially on the 21st. In case anyone feels the need to point this out.
It takes longer on some months but if we're lucky we'll get something within the next few hours.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:33 am

sintzu wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:No V Jump leaks yet?? Any?? It’s already the 18th now, so they’re late.

It takes longer on some months but if we're lucky we'll get something within the next few hours.
Guessing its just a new character for Jump force and Android 17 being confirmed for Fighterz

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:30 am

Piccolo: I cant believe this power! I've never felt a power like this before!

Then proceed to stop babysitting and give us some commentating on the fight here and there.

Sigh...
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:46 am

omaro34 wrote:Piccolo: I cant believe this power! I've never felt a power like this before!

Then proceed to stop babysitting and give us some commentating on the fight here and there.

Sigh...
He'll show up at the end desperately clinging to Baby Pan's leg as she races to save Gogeta from Broly. :lol:

But seriously, if someone has to be stuck babysitting Goten and Trunks, let Gohan do it. He certainly doesn't seem to be doing anything else right now. Piccolo can help Bulma hunt for the dragon balls or something.