Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:19 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote:Piccolo should fight Paragus
Maybe he'll pull something similar to what he did in the Buu arc and kill the brains of the operation while his powerful minion is too occupied to protect him. Except I doubt Paragus can survive being torn in half. lol

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:56 pm

Piccolo will take out a few minions before immediately jobbing to Broly. Maybe he takes a hit for Gohan if he's in the movie.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:11 pm

ricky84 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Michsi wrote:

Honestly, I'd prefer that over just having him on the sidelines offering comments for the audience. Also, I'm all for pairing up characters that have not interacted much in the original.
I doubt he is around to just comment and if he is Bulma's bodyguard then as long as he doesn't look weak then all should be good.
Piccolo isn't even on par with Goku & Vegeta's bases at this point so of course he's gonna look weak (unless they plan on introducing Super Namekian God or something like that lol).
Piccolo shouldn't be included to just look useless while other characters get left out and avoid this.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:05 pm

Dragon Ball Super: Broly will be releasing in North American theatres on January 16.

Vic Mignogna will reprise his role as Broly and Chris Ayres will return as Freeza.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:07 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Maybe he'll pull something similar to what he did in the Buu arc and kill the brains of the operation while his powerful minion is too occupied to protect him. Except I doubt Paragus can survive being torn in half. lol
Yeah I would like to see that. Piccolo should be able to pound Paragus's face in no matter how irrelevant he is now

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:08 pm

PFM18 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Yeah I would like to see that. Piccolo should be able to pound Paragus's face in no matter how irrelevant he is now
Yeah, Give piccolo something to do besides baby sitting Pan.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:15 pm

PFM18 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Unless they make Paragus stronger as well.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Doctor. wrote:Unless they make Paragus stronger as well.
I'm okay with them inflating Broly's power to match Super Saiyan Blue, but I don't know about Paragus getting a power boost. I doubt he's been getting much intensive training. If he's an elite (which I doubt, given his apparent status as a scientist), maybe he can be about as strong as Vegeta when he first landed on earth. I don't see him being much stronger than that, however.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:34 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
I'm okay with them inflating Broly's power to match Super Saiyan Blue, but I don't know about Paragus getting a power boost. I doubt he's been getting much intensive training. If he's an elite (which I doubt, given his apparent status as a scientist), maybe he can be about as strong as Vegeta when he first landed on earth. I don't see him being much stronger than that, however.
Well, yes, logically he shouldn't be stronger than that.

We're talking about Super here, though. He could have a Super Saiyan form for all we know.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:43 pm

Doctor. wrote:Well, yes, logically he shouldn't be stronger than that.

We're talking about Super here, though. He could have a Super Saiyan form for all we know.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The typical fallacious arguments about Super not following any kind of power scaling logic....

He probably won't be very strong because it wouldn't make any sense for him to be that strong.
ZeroNeonix wrote:
Yeah I agree with this. there will probably be some kind of explanation as to why Broly is this strong and that could leak into applying to Paragus as well. Like maybe they are both genetically enhanced or something.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:50 pm

I'm pretty sure the reason Broly is as strong as he is is because Full Power is fucking crazy strong. It was stronger than it had any right to be when Kale used it, so if Broly is just stronger than her in general...

Also I doubt Paragus is even going to be fighting here. He didn't in the original Broly film.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:56 pm

PFM18 wrote:He probably won't be very strong because it wouldn't make any sense for him to be that strong.
It didn't make sense for Freeza to get so strong so quick. Or 17. Or future Trunks. Or Gohan. Or anyone, really. Paragus shouldn't be an exception.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:08 pm

Shaddy wrote:I'm pretty sure the reason Broly is as strong as he is is because Full Power is fucking crazy strong. It was stronger than it had any right to be when Kale used it, so if Broly is just stronger than her in general...

Also I doubt Paragus is even going to be fighting here. He didn't in the original Broly film.
Which is a shame because paragus could answer the question of super saiyan bears in canon. Do they point out or stick up and cover his face

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:21 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Shaddy wrote:I'm pretty sure the reason Broly is as strong as he is is because Full Power is fucking crazy strong. It was stronger than it had any right to be when Kale used it, so if Broly is just stronger than her in general...

Which is a shame because paragus could answer the question of super saiyan bears in canon. Do they point out or stick up and cover his face
Which initself is a shame, because he doesn't need to die and can yield possible explanations on saiyan related things

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:27 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Which initself is a shame, because he doesn't need to die and can yield possible explanations on saiyan related things
Id actually be up for him and Broly surviving, Broly and Paragus moving in to the Briefs household to work with Dr.Briefs. He could stick around, be involved in gags as a 'grandpa' figure to the pilaf gang and occasionally step up if they need someone to help in fights, but he uses technology to supplement his abilities. Thinka more useful hercule, but added expositional benefits when its about to get serious that he can deliver on

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:33 pm

I just noticed something, Broly and Paragus are the only non-redeemed DB villains with a sympathetic backstory, with Paragus being the only one with a sympathetic motive. Neither have to die in the upcoming film, they could be used to expand the lore more.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:35 pm

Doctor. wrote:
PFM18 wrote:He probably won't be very strong because it wouldn't make any sense for him to be that strong.
It didn't make sense for Freeza to get so strong qtqso quick. Or 17. Or future Trunks. Or Gohan. Or anyone, really. Paragus shouldn't be an exception.
Freeza got super strong because he had spent his entire life not so much as wanting to get out of his floating chair let alone train in any capacity and yet he was the strongest in the universe. For him to train for the first time in his entire life and train seriously it makes sense for him to get a monumentally large boost.

There was never a precedent set for the amount of gains 17 should be getting through training so it doesnt contradict anything for him to get an astronomically large boost. Especially since the guy had been training for 14 years. 14 years is a long time and he was already very strong when he was introduced so it would make sense for him to have a higher potential than other characters.

Gohan got an obnoxiously large power boost but that's nothing new from him. that's his thing, his potential has always been his shtick so this isnt nonsensical or inconsistent in any way.

See we do have a precedence for the kind of gains that we should expect from future trunks because we already saw him train in the original series and they weren't anything particularly special. So it doesn't really make much sense for him to be as strong as he is considering he was strong enough to match SSJ2 Goku who by this point should be several times stronger than BoG SSG. Even so, it isn't THAT bad considering that he had been training for over a decade including presumably Z-sword training and gains from Black constantly pushing him to his limit.

However, Trunks is the exception not the rule. Paragus would have been another exception if he were to be super strong for reasons not consistent with what we know.

Besides, training gains have never been especially consistent in the first place and are always plot driven more so than they are logic driven.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:31 pm

Grimlock wrote:New scan.
*IF YOU ARE GOING TO QUOTE THIS POST, PLEASE PUT THE IMAGE IN SPOILER TAG.
You could be courteous and put it in a spoiler tag yourself when you post it

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:31 am

Kinda odd that we still don't know who will be doing the main theme for the film. It comes out in less than three months. It might be possible that the film doesn't even have a theme song, though I highly doubt it.

Both BoG and 'F' announced who was going to do the songs for those films over three months before they came out. It would be pretty cool if they got an English-speaking artist to do the song. There are a bunch of hip hop artists that are super into Dragon Ball that would do a song for this film in a heartbeat.

Still crossing my fingers for JAM Project, though. Been wanting them to do a song for Dragon Ball for a long ass time. It would also be a clever way to get Hironobu Kageyama singing on something Dragon Ball related again. Miss him so much.