Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

snpaa
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by snpaa » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:13 pm

LightBing wrote:
Noah wrote:By how? Him just not having a hatred for Goku out of nowhere? Because taking that it doesn't seem much different from Movie 8.
Yup. That's how bad it was and why I'm saying it based on two trailers. It was basically impossible to do it worse.
I know it's the cool thing to make fun of brolly's backstory but their was a reason for why he hated goku, he was nearly killed at the same time goku was crying his in his crib, it's same thing as a veteran soldier going apeshit after hearing a fire cracker , they're suffering from ptsd and goku is his trigger.
Last edited by snpaa on Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:15 pm

Rakurai wrote:Shame to see that the ordinary story of Goku, the Saiyan who was sent to destroy Earth but ended up protecting it, and the tragic but somewhat meaningful fate of Bardock the Saiyan avenger turn into a tale about family feels and Superman origins.
The backstory is going to be 20-30 minutes long so hopefully they make up for it somehow. I don't know why Goku's origin couldn't be left alone.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:17 pm

I feel its a bit too early to judge the backstory for now, I'm sure we are missing elements. Perhaps Broly won't even hate Goku at all in this film? (cant remember if trailer 1 had s "Kakkkkkaaarooott" moment)

I'm trying to keep an open mind with all the aesthetic changes from what I know and love but cant say I'm loving the red tint on Planet Vegeta and its ironic the planet is no longer red considering that.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:28 pm

I wonder if Tarble will be mentioned at all.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Doctor. wrote:I wonder if Tarble will be mentioned at all.
Won’t be a loss if he isn’t.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:31 pm

Despite this being essentially a slight remake of already existing Minus, Bardock Special & Broly movie, it still looks promising especially in the story departement (which has ALWAYS been the weakest point of DB movies, including BOG & ROF). And in a way, it feels like the culmination of the recent DB revival. Of course the animation looks great which is whole different reason to be excited.

Still hope we'll move to some actually new stories later on but for now, dont mind this at all, not at all.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:44 pm

Curious to see Frieza's involvement in this towards Broly, but fascinating too.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:53 pm

kudo6000 wrote:
I was just thinking about Tarble, would be cool to get a mention but i dont see where the opportunity would come up

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:00 pm

3 problems i have with this movie.

1. Lack of consistency. Some scenes just dont fit well together because the styles are so drastically different. It ruins the immersion

2. Not all of DBMinus but specifically the fact that they just retconned Bardock’s whole badass rebellion where he has his classic outfit and blood bandanna out of existence which was not only the highlight of Bardock’s character for me and many other Bardock fans, but it was even in the manga.

3. No real groundbreaking lore yet. But of course, all we’ve been getting are trailers so i will happily wait to see if we get some groundbreaking shit.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:01 pm

nato25 wrote:
kudo6000 wrote:
I was just thinking about Tarble, would be cool to get a mention but i dont see where the opportunity would come up
I think Cabba may have unofficially replaced him so probably not.
AnimeNation101 wrote:The fact that they just retconned Bardock’s whole badass rebellion where he has his classic outfit and blood bandanna out of existence which was not only the highlight of Bardock’s character for me and many other Bardock fans, but it was even in the manga.
That makes it into e very game as well and is pretty iconic so I don't think it's out, we most likely just won't see it in the trailers. IF they do cut it then Bardock will just be another nameless, worthless Saiyan.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:07 pm

sintzu wrote:
nato25 wrote:
kudo6000 wrote:
I think Cabba may have unofficially replaced him so probably not.
AnimeNation101 wrote:The fact that they just retconned Bardock’s whole badass rebellion where he has his classic outfit and blood bandanna out of existence which was not only the highlight of Bardock’s character for me and many other Bardock fans, but it was even in the manga.
That makes it into e very game as well and is pretty iconic so I don't think it's out, we most likely just won't see it in the trailers. IF they do cut it then Bardock will just be another nameless, worthless Saiyan.
Not just ANY other nameless saiyan. He’ll be the generic father of Superman who happens to be a rare case of being a softie among his race and just so happened to be the ONLY saiyan who figured out Freeza’s plan.

I feel like Bardock’s defining character trait was his badassery. And now its been stripped away. #NotMyBardock
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:18 pm

yeah that's an interesting question. It would probably be easy to at least make a comment about him if they are going to have scenes with him.

Also, I can't really explain why but I'm really hyped to see King Cold. Hes gotten character development without even being alive since then, he did have the wisdom to warn his son about Majin Buu and Beerus. Freeza's father is an interesting idea and I'm happy to be seeing more of him.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:19 pm

So watching Ajay's animation breakdown at the point where he talks about Freeza destroying the planet, he throws an "oops" after questioning if that is indeed Planet Vegeta.

Are you just trolling us Ajay or is there more to it that you know and we don't? :lol:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:27 pm

nato25 wrote:
kudo6000 wrote:
I agree.
They can introduce him (maybe taller than the previous oav) and tell us more about his story.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:37 pm

Inb4 the moment that’s supposed to make us cry is just the scene where they send Goku off to Earth.

I’d theorize that maybe the scene would be Gine and Bardock togther has they’re about to get blown up or Gine somehow dying but from the looks of it, it seems as if Freeza just destroys the planet unopposed and all we see is the Planet explode. No reactions from anybody on the Planet.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:42 pm

Seeing yellow SS at the end of the trailer almost made me puke. What a disgusting form.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:45 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:Inb4 the moment that’s supposed to make us cry is just the scene where they send Goku off to Earth.

I’d theorize that maybe the scene would be Gine and Bardock togther has they’re about to get blown up or Gine somehow dying but from the looks of it, it seems as if Freeza just destroys the planet unopposed and all we see is the Planet explode. No reactions from anybody on the Planet.
There's quite an abrupt cut between Freeza throwing the ball and it hitting the planet. It's 100% just some trailer shenanigans and the scene might not go as fast as that. And even in the original version of the scene it's not like Bardock was face to face with Freeza, so he might be behind the blast still. #wishfulthinking
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:46 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Seeing yellow SS at the end of the trailer almost made me puke. What a disgusting form.
Lol, I thought it was kinda cool. Especially Vegeta kinda resembling of USSJ from his fight with Semi-Perfect Cell.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:50 pm

No Tarble. No Radditz. Bejita the same age as Goku.

No badass Bardock. Why live.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:52 pm

Draconic wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:Inb4 the moment that’s supposed to make us cry is just the scene where they send Goku off to Earth.

There's quite an abrupt cut between Freeza throwing the ball and it hitting the planet. It's 100% just some trailer shenanigans and the scene might not go as fast as that. And even in the original version of the scene it's not like Bardock was face to face with Freeza, so he might be behind the blast still. #wishfulthinking
In all the shots we see the blast, there is nothing but empty space around Freeza or the blast. None of his men who are supposed to be holding Bardock back and all that. And definitely no Bardock. Whats even more dumb is that if Bardock thought Freeza was planning something and sent Goku away, why would he NOT end up rebelling?! Which makes the fact that he seemingly doesn’t rebel even worse.