Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie #1 Thread: "Broly"

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Official On-Going Dragon Ball Super Movie Thread: "Broly"

Post by zarmack » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:28 am

Mercenary wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote:
YamiGoku wrote:
That Beerus pic is something we’ve already seen. Or a few frames before the Beerus pic we’ve seen. Nothing suggests he’s gonna fight Broly
I hope not because he would wreck Broly.
No he wouldn't

According to promo guides: DBS Broly > Jiren > Beerus

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:47 am

zarmack wrote:According to promo guides: DBS Broly > Jiren > Beerus
First time hearing this, do you have a link?

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:04 pm

zarmack wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: That Beerus pic is something we’ve already seen. Or a few frames before the Beerus pic we’ve seen. Nothing suggests he’s gonna fight Broly
No he wouldn't

Well then, looks like a good time for a Retcon

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:59 pm

RecolorSaiyan wrote: Well then, looks like a good time for a Retcon
Toriyama's mood being like - Why bother planning things beforehand, when you can just retcon everything.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:55 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheRed259 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Apparently according to IMDB Ukraine will get the film in Jan! European roll out finally beginning.
Do you happen to know their source? I searched about it (even with the Ukrainian title) but I found nothing.
Unfortunately not. But the fact they have a Ukrainian title maybe adds to the credibility?
They also have UK listed for January 25, 2019. But again, I can't find any announcement from an official source.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:17 pm

TheRed259 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
TheRed259 wrote: Do you happen to know their source? I searched about it (even with the Ukrainian title) but I found nothing.
Unfortunately not. But the fact they have a Ukrainian title maybe adds to the credibility?
They also have UK listed for January 25, 2019. But again, I can't find any announcement from an official source.
Definitely hasn't been an announcement of any sort. Hmm. I hope someone isn't playing games here.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:29 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
RecolorSaiyan wrote: Well then, looks like a good time for a Retcon
Toriyama's mood being like - Why bother planning things beforehand, when you can just retcon everything.
LOL. That’s a good one!

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:36 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
zarmack wrote:According to promo guides: DBS Broly > Jiren > Beerus
First time hearing this, do you have a link?
It is pretty clear at this point. The promotional material for the movie refers to Broly as the strongest enemy they have ever faced, and "stronger than a God of Destruction?" They are just following the common practice of introducing a new villain stronger than anything they have fought prior to that point.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:00 pm

PFM18 wrote:It is pretty clear at this point. The promotional material for the movie refers to Broly as the strongest enemy they have ever faced, and "stronger than a God of Destruction?" They are just following the common practice of introducing a new villain stronger than anything they have fought prior to that point.
The question mark in "stronger than a God of Destruction?" isn't there by accident. I have my doubts on that one. And what's this about Jiren being above Beerus?

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:09 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
PFM18 wrote:It is pretty clear at this point. The promotional material for the movie refers to Broly as the strongest enemy they have ever faced, and "stronger than a God of Destruction?" They are just following the common practice of introducing a new villain stronger than anything they have fought prior to that point.
The question mark in "stronger than a God of Destruction?" isn't there by accident. I have my doubts on that one. And what's this about Jiren being above Beerus?
Jiren was stated to be on the level of a GoD and has long since been confirmed to be stronger Belmod. Likewise, supplementary materials stated that Goku with UI is stronger than a GoD. Unless we assume that Beerus is significantly more powerful than the other Gods of Destruction, characters like Broly and Jiren should at the very least be on his level by this point.

Frankly, I’m not really sure why there’s such a fascination with Beerus being the strongest opponent Goku has ever faced. That’s just boring.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:15 pm

HeroR wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Honestly, the bottom since the clothes are torn off and Goku specifically has bandages and Vegeta missing a giant chuck of his armor, something not seen in Dragon Ball before, while the above just looks like Vegeta got a gash on his forehead.

A better visual example would be this:
the top one also has ripped clothes....

But you see my point right? The severity of injuries is reduced in Super
Some tears here and there, but as I pointed out Vegeta has a giant chuck of his armor missing, making him appear more injured than he does in the pic you posted where he just looks like he has a gash on his forehead. It isn't just about blood, and it's about the overall appearance.

You're kidding right... Vegeta's skin is as smooth and undamaged as a Baby Vegeta's bottom and his armor looks like he ripped it doing arm presses not fighting a SSG/Kaioshin fusion with a death wish for all mortal life. At most Goku looks like he's ordering a chili dog with extra cheese, not having an impending universal destroyer hovering menacingly over his head.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:17 pm

WittyUsername wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
Jiren was stated to be on the level of a GoD and has long since been confirmed to be stronger Belmod. Likewise, supplementary materials stated that Goku with UI is stronger than a GoD. Unless we assume that Beerus is significantly more powerful than the other Gods of Destruction, characters like Broly and Jiren should at the very least be on his level by this point.

Frankly, I’m not really sure why there’s such a fascination with Beerus being the strongest opponent Goku has ever faced. That’s just boring.
It honestly doesn't make sense. Everything Whis has told us tells us Vegeta and Goku are still miles away from Beerus in power. Even now. Unless they suddenly leapfrogged Beerus in power and can now defeat him.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:20 pm

TheMikado wrote:
WittyUsername wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:

It honestly doesn't make sense. Everything Whis has told us tells us Vegeta and Goku are still miles away from Beerus in power. Even now. Unless they suddenly leapfrogged Beerus in power and can now defeat him.
Didn’t Whis state all the way back in Ressurection ‘F’ that Goku and Vegeta might’ve stood a chance against Beerus if they learned to work together? I realize that’s obviously been retconned by now, but when did Whis ever state that Goku was still miles behind Beerus after he obtained UI? Not only that, but why would Whis state that Jiren is on the level of a GoD if he’s nowhere near Beerus’ level? Just how much stronger would Beerus have to be compared to the other Gods of Destruction in order for Goku to still be miles behind him, especially when Beerus hasn’t even mastered UI?

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:52 pm

Sorry guys. It seems I was misinformed about Bardock in the original manga. I'll try to be more careful in the future.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:13 pm

Jiren was stated to might have surpassed the GoD state, which already makes him top tier GoD level at worst, and stronger than all GoDs at best (most likey since he was suppressed when Whis said it).

After Jiren broke his limits he became several times stronger which makes him way above Beerus, and Broly is even stronger. Broly is way above Beerus.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Amir wrote:Jiren was stated to might have surpassed the GoD state, which already makes him top tier GoD level at worst, and stronger than all GoDs at best (most likey since he was suppressed when Whis said it).

After Jiren broke his limits he became several times stronger which makes him way above Beerus, and Broly is even stronger. Broly is way above Beerus.
That is just a buttload of assuming and nothing else

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:30 pm

zarmack wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: That Beerus pic is something we’ve already seen. Or a few frames before the Beerus pic we’ve seen. Nothing suggests he’s gonna fight Broly
No he wouldn't

No, it questions if Broly is stronger than a god of destruction. Again, Beerus name isn't in it...

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1025416473068466177
Amir wrote:Jiren was stated to might have surpassed the GoD state, which already makes him top tier GoD level at worst, and stronger than all GoDs at best (most likey since he was suppressed when Whis said it).

Please stop stating your headcannon as fact. Jiren was only outright stated to be stronger than belmound in both anime/manga. You pretending the gods are all around the same power is nothing more than a headache.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Miracles wrote:
zarmack wrote:
Mercenary wrote:
No he wouldn't

No, it questions if Broly is stronger than a god of destruction. Again, Beerus name isn't in it...

Please stop stating your headcannon as fact. Jiren was only outright stated to be stronger than belmound in both anime/manga. You pretending the gods are all around the same power is nothing more than a headache.
It's not headcanon. Whis said Jiren perhaps even surpassed the state of a GoD in episode 110.
Take however you want, but that was before he used full power let alone broke his limits.

The GoDs in the manga are more or less around the same power. They fought randomly and got badly injured, including Beerus.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Stronger than A God of Destruction. “A” being the keyword here. Not “all.”

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Amir wrote:
Miracles wrote:
zarmack wrote:
No he wouldn't

It's not headcanon. Whis said Jiren perhaps even surpassed the state of a GoD in episode 110.
Take however you want, but that was before he used full power let alone broke his limits.

The GoDs in the manga are more or less around the same power. They fought randomly and got badly injured, including Beerus.
Like you, Whis was stating headcannon too. He only confirmed Jiren surpassed Belmound. There was no "perhaps" about that.